Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Vince MechMahon posted:

I'd like him to still put stuff on vinyl, including reissuing Graduation and 808's which I don't have.
Uuuuuuuum hi Vince MechMahon.....Tidal only from now on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Uuuuuuuum hi Vince MechMahon.....Tidal only from now on

What about when Tidal loses this law suit about not paying the artists and then shuts down?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i just canceled my tidal before the free trial even ended

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

thathonkey posted:

i just canceled my tidal before the free trial even ended

We all did.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Jay is desperately looking for a company to sell Tidal to (last I heard, he was in talks with Samsung). Tidal sucks but I'm assuming it will either be bankrupt or majorly overhauled by the time Kanye's next album drops

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
So what you're saying is that TLOP will be Tidal exclusive until the sale to Samsung is completed???

Ooooooooohhhhhhhh

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

There should be a pretty big dip in tidal's subscriber numbers any week now right?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Thanks thread for reminding me to turn off my tidal subscription :)

thathonkey posted:

There should be a pretty big dip in tidal's subscriber numbers any week now right?

Probably next week since that would be a whole 30 days since Pablo released

Good Canadian Boy
May 12, 2013

thathonkey posted:

Does it auto renew or does it cancel itself? If it's the former, I think the cancellations will be staggered based on how often people check their credit card bills.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

You have to do some work to find the button to cancel the auto-renewal, I imagine there's a lot of people who didn't do it.

But yeah, this sucks. I'm not renewing and wanna keep streaming this poo poo

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Tidal offered me an extra 30 days to enter my payment info but nah

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Good Canadian Boy posted:

Does it auto renew or does it cancel itself? If it's the former, I think the cancellations will be staggered based on how often people check their credit card bills.

I think it would auto renew since you needed to put your card in to register but I think most people also canceled their account on the same day like I did.

I can't wait to read the steam of tweets from ye about how we're all awful people because tidal subs dropped in half or whatever.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/707705098101776384

:psyduck:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So TLOP 1.1 is finally coming?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

So TLOP 1.1 is finally coming?

Nope, He scraped 1.1 due to the number of changes he was making and just decided to roll it out as TLOP 2.0

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dexo posted:

Nope, He scraped 1.1 due to the number of changes he was making and just decided to roll it out as TLOP 2.0
He should retitle it Afterlife of Pablo

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Digital Distribution is the worst thing thats happened to Kanye, now he can basically tinker with an album forever.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

LionYeti posted:

Digital Distribution is the worst thing thats happened to Kanye, now he can basically tinker with an album forever.
At least he figured that out later than he could have. Honestly, had he been forward-thinking on this, he could've been doing this since either Graduation or 808s.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
I'm kind of hopeful that this is the real reason it's exclusive to Tidal. Maybe once he releases the "finalized" version he'll put it up for sale.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

quote:

Update (3/10, 10:43 p.m. EST): On her live stream for her app today, Kanye's wife Kim Kardashian West said that The Life of Pablo is not on iTunes because "it's getting mixed and mastered now." She also said there will be "some surprises maybe." She added, "he hasn't even released his album yet. It's coming really soon."
http://pitchfork.com/news/64048-kanye-west-still-finalizing-the-life-of-pablo-mixes/

So it is coming to iTunes and other platforms when 1.1 drops?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

LionYeti posted:

He's become George Lucas

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Kim said Good Fridays were coming back. Do not listen to Kim

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/708670997612908546?ref_src=twsrc

Kanye West looks to become the Buckethead of hip-hop, I guess.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
He's just trying to get on Gucci manes level.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
Famous got patched

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
liked the original line better than the changed one tbh

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

atrus50 posted:

Famous got patched

Eh, wait where?

Edit: Nevermind I had a downloaded version saved.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Mar 13, 2016

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It's on Tidal. Beat is slightly different, mainly just before the Bam Bam part, and "I be Puerto Rican Day parade wavin'" got changed to "She studyin to be a real estate agent".

Does anyone know if the people who bought the album from that Tidal page that was up when it came out ever received their copy? Guess that was proof that it was never finished

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

It's on Tidal. Beat is slightly different, mainly just before the Bam Bam part, and "I be Puerto Rican Day parade wavin'" got changed to "She studyin to be a real estate agent".

Does anyone know if the people who bought the album from that Tidal page that was up when it came out ever received their copy? Guess that was proof that it was never finished

They received their copy, when they bought it. I know someone who bought it and downloaded the MP3's/FLACs.

I have a feeling Tidal at this point is just waiting til the Album's final version comes out and then they will resolve the issues with people who bought the album.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Are you fuckin serious why would he change the puerto rican day parade waving line :cripes: that was unnecessary af

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
That's like Dre changing the words OK keep they heads ringing between the album and video versions for no reason.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Aw wtf that line flowed with Marina Del Rey coastin' so well

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Escobarbarian posted:

I got my copy from the tidal/kanye west page, and I believe at least one other dude here did. No idea if I'll get patched versions because I didn't sign up for tidal service at all.

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper

Escobarbarian posted:

Goddamn it. I love that line.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

really an A+ day tweeting for Ye though.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/709872072604913664

:cripes:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I'm hype

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Kanye is gonna fix wolves around the same time OJ finds the real killer

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
New Wolves is up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
https://soundcloud.com/help-me-please-875348464/fixed-wolves

Not sure why he made the Frank outro its own track, but I like this new version more so whatever

• Locked thread