Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

It's really strange to me that we've done the same Talking Heads thing before in this very thread. :psyduck:

I feel like we're running in circles, like we're on some sort of road to nowhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Guess you guys don't like Alpacas. Huh.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

It's really strange to me that we've done the same Talking Heads thing before in this very thread. :psyduck:

I feel like we're running in circles, like we're on some sort of road to nowhere.

there's water at the bottom of the ocean

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
This thread has always mirrored the game that it is for

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
talking heads are a good band and should be mentioned at any given opportunity

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
You can not like this game and also not like talking heads. Just saying

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

what kind of hosed up person doesn't like talking heads???

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Fargin Icehole posted:

out

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Blhue posted:

This thread has always mirrored the game that it is for
But this thread has never really gone off track..?

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006

Fargin Icehole posted:

I like starbound more than talking heads :kheldragar:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Every time I see 200+ new posts I think "Is this game better yet?" and I pop in and it's the exact same. What the gently caress is happening with this game

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Babe Magnet posted:

Tiy tried to post here but Rrussom chased him off like a big ol' ding-dong

You're welcome, thread.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

It's not like he would have listened to anything we had to say even if he had stuck around.

Especially not after the dirt thing, gently caress sake.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
My only interaction with Tiy was mentioning tales of Maj eyal in IRC and he was insistent it was a bad game because he didn't like the art style and being a dick about it

Maybe he didn't like it because it's a completed game with content

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

to be real though the art in tome 4 really sucks

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Yea it's a good game tho

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Doesn't that kind of sum up everything though?

Focuses on art, ignores gameplay

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Diamond is unbreakable sooonnn

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

RealFoxy posted:

Every time I see 200+ new posts I think "Is this game better yet?" and I pop in and it's the exact same. What the gently caress is happening with this game

well you see, when an incompetent fool meets a bunch of people willing to put his shitbrain ideas into a promising videogame..

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

BillmasterCozb posted:

well you see, when an incompetent fool meets a bunch of people willing to put his shitbrain ideas into a promising videogame..
Wasn't it supposed to be "Terriria in space but with unique crafting" how does that get hosed up so badly

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

If it made him millions I'm p sure he didn't gently caress up anything, it's working great!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

RealFoxy posted:

What the gently caress is happening with this game

Not much.

I want a new (good) Terraria so much. Someone tell me there is one?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

The Lone Badger posted:

Not much.

I want a new (good) Terraria so much. Someone tell me there is one?
Terraria 2 is planned and apparently even under development but no details yet.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

victrix posted:

If it made him millions I'm p sure he didn't gently caress up anything, it's working great!
Sprite artist makes goofy sprite animations, people give him millions...

Checks out works great for him

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Eonwe posted:

My only interaction with Tiy was mentioning tales of Maj eyal in IRC and he was insistent it was a bad game because he didn't like the art style and being a dick about it

tiy is the true grimcreap.......bound

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Johnny Joestar posted:

there's water at the bottom of the ocean

let the water hold me down

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Eonwe posted:

Him focusing entirely on how a game looks and declaring it a bad game because it isn't pretty explains so, so much about Starbound.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Slime posted:

Him focusing entirely on how a game looks and declaring it a bad game because it isn't pretty explains so, so much about Starbound.

Yeah a lot of design decisions were based purely around aesthetic. The only reason planets have a single biome is because he wasn't happy with any of the ways the background parallaxes transitioned.

Eonwe posted:

I remember being told that myself and anyone who liked Skyrim were idiots because he didn't like it.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Rhopunzel posted:

I remember being told that myself and anyone who liked Skyrim were idiots because he didn't like it.
Clearly he has superior taste in things

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
Not.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Jackard posted:

this thread

my god

what have I done

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYA_0R7Vw1s

Though funnily enough a ladder to the stars might be a faster means of interstellar travel than getting a spaceship working in this game.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Babe Magnet posted:

my god

what have I done

LEEEEETTIN THE DAYS GO BY

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Now you can buy T-shirts and posters to support your favorite game star bound

LordZoric
Aug 30, 2012

Let's wish for a space whale!
I saw that. I guess now that Chucklefish can ride the coattails of ConcernedApe's success we might as well milk the remaining audience for Starbound with some merch as long as we can.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I tried picturing what definitive starbound image would work on a poo poo, then like oh yeah, the icon. I was thinking like, the Starbound icon is simple enough it wouldn't make a bad little shirt actually!

and then of course they have to add more stuff to make it busier looking and less attractive

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Spiderdrake posted:

I tried picturing what definitive starbound image would work on a poo poo

hold the starbound image

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
just make a shirt that says "starb", and title it as "shirt will be finished later in the year"

and then keep taking away letters as the year goes on, updating the description to say "We're going to be adding ound later on, so we decided to take out the starb until then"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

It'll be worse, it will actually have one or three (depending on how the manufacturers vision aligns at the time of manufacture) sleeve/s and a big hole where the cut out the Starb while they re-do it

• Locked thread