Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Blatzmobile posted:

Did he get his hug from that buxom Nevada state rep?

She sent a printer to his jail cell with a note that said, "Be a dear and bring this back to me when you get out."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Bombadilillo posted:

Ha! Blanket order saying the court won't even bother to read sovcit magic words bullshit from now on!

I like reading about foile à deux just like two people living in filth convinced the CIA is sneaking in to send them a message by messing up their spice rack and putting their shoes away backwards after sanding down the heels another eighth of an inch and sovereign citizenship is a STD version of that on steroids. Just a bunch of people throwing magic words at the world and agreeing that when it didn't work yup those guys are breaking the law! They can't ignore our injunction we had it witnessed by three stout men of virtue true!

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Bombadilillo posted:

Ha! Blanket order saying the court won't even bother to read sovcit magic words bullshit from now on!

Honestly, this really does strip them of a lot of power. SovCits flooding courts with endless documents filled with their gibberish is one of their main tactics. Taking that away from them neuters the only respite they had left to try to derail the trials short of actual violence.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Well they clearly weren't very good at violence either so maybe they can pound sand to let off steam

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Bombadilillo posted:

Not quite. They just won't read sovcit magic bullshit from non-lawyer third parties.

Magic bullshit from the defendants and their counsel (for several, one and the same!) is however still going to be firehosed into record.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Geostomp posted:

Honestly, this really does strip them of a lot of power. SovCits flooding courts with endless documents filled with their gibberish is one of their main tactics. Taking that away from them neuters the only respite they had left to try to derail the trials short of actual violence.

Oh I agree.

Every sovcit win be it a course case or traffic stop, seems to be officials that can't be bothered to deal with there bullshit. It reminds me of a child that whines until you say "fine eat eat ketchup for dinner"

It's grownup petulant children.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
A lot of times when the IRS does criminal prosecutions of tax protestors, the defence of choice seems to be "my client was acting in good faith but is also a complete moron".

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Where the hell is KrisAnne Hall? She's the Constitutional Expert, shouldn't she be saving the day here?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

GameCube posted:

Where the hell is KrisAnne Hall? She's the Constitutional Expert, shouldn't she be saving the day here?

Oh I'm sure they're finding all their close, deep ties with this constitutional expert, that state senator, that small town sheriff have mysteriously been severed

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Bombadilillo posted:

Oh I agree.

Every sovcit win be it a course case or traffic stop, seems to be officials that can't be bothered to deal with there bullshit. It reminds me of a child that whines until you say "fine eat eat ketchup for dinner"

Petulant children hits the nail right on the head. I was kindof struck by just how much Finnicum yelling "We're going to see the sheriff" over and over again sounded almost exactly like my 8-yo when we tell to do his homework or he's going to lose his xbox time.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwFCY_IBNhA

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Bombadilillo posted:

Oh I agree.

It really does. Look at all the whining that the ambush was "unfair" from the SovCits. They were just so angry that the government didn't line up and let them have their big action scene in which a group of untrained hicks demolish the evil empire by virtue of being heroic underdogs. We could also look at the increasingly desperate attempts to justify themselves: from '"we're freedom fighters!" to "we're peaceful protesters (ignore the many guns and threats of violence)" down to "we're just camping!" . Doing everything they could to portray themselves as in the right despite the mountains of evidence that they themselves provided in their arrogance. Now that they've been caught, they're smugly pointing out that we can't touch them because their made-up rules say they are invincible. All because they wanted to follow a racist cheapskate rancher who decided to point guns at people because he couldn't be bothered to take the barest care of his animals or pay a relatively small fee.

Actual eight-year-olds tend to have a better grasp of reality and better reaction to facing consequences of their actions than these people.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Goddamn this is dumb. Also it doesn't even say anything. I was expected some deep conspiracy theory stuff about how they faked Lavoy saying "shoot me" or something. But nope. It just points to some noise which is probably the motor of the window affecting the cell phone and some gunshots and some not gunshots and times when the mic craps out.
I was hoping he'd zoom in on the spectrograph and we see Obama's face or something. But no.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

I'm [redacted 1]

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Tayter Swift posted:

I'm [redacted 1]

Tell us why you left after digging the poop trench.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
So I guess LaVoy's family is now publishing propaganda videos through LaVoy's old youtube account. This one concludes with LaVoy rambling about a violent uprising against the federal government. It was made in 2014 but you can totally tell that Finicum was preparing to suicide by cop even back then. They also conveniently edit out the footage where LaVoy is shouting at the cops to take a shot at him.

5:24 "We need to take care of those we love. We need to have our houses in order. We need to have our relationships in order. We never know how many days we have upon this -on God's green earth here. We need to make the best of each and every one of them."

8:45 "50 million people like me willing to put their lives on the line."

9:05 "I plan to live the rest of my life as a free man. May be long, may be short."

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

So 1/6 of the population wants to tell the rest of us how it's going to be? And that's a generous estimate since clearly there maybe 50 at the refuge during the peak.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Casimir Radon posted:

So 1/6 of the population wants to tell the rest of us how it's going to be? And that's a generous estimate since clearly there maybe 50 at the refuge during the peak.

yeah but how many of the other 5/6ths are unwashed illegal immigrants or the secret muslims that Obama has been flying in on jumbo jets by the millions to take over and institute Shariah law with? I bet like, most of them :colbert:

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Casimir Radon posted:

There always more sympathizers than those who take action, but in sovcit's case I think there's actually a higher percentage that agrees with their ideas but will never act on it because they're either too poor to travel, too cowardly, or such fuckups that it renders them incapable of accomplishing anything. Even the ones that show up for their weekly milita cosplay just sat on their hands while poo poo went down and their comrades begged for help.

Edit - This is kinda why they tell that III% story, because they think that it will only take 3% of the population to actually stand up and overthrow the government.

Knight has issued a correction as of 00:57 on Mar 12, 2016

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Knight posted:

There always more sympathizers than those who take action, but in sovcit's case I think there's actually a higher percentage that agrees with their ideas but will never act on it because they're either too poor to travel, too cowardly, or such fuckups that it renders them incapable of accomplishing anything. Even the ones that show up for their weekly milita cosplay just sat on their hands while poo poo went down and their comrades begged for help.

Edit - This is kinda why they tell that III% story, because they think that it will only take 3% of the population to actually stand up and overthrow the government.

Do you know a basic write-up of the III% story? I've seen it mentioned a few times now and I don't know what it is.

also i don't want my google history to be full of insane garbage :shobon:

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
The purpose of vault 111 was to observe the effects of long term cryostorage on true patriot veterans who were eligible to register for the vaults in the event of a nuclear war. One day, one of them will awake from cryostasis and restore Constitutionality to the wastes.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

cumshitter posted:

The purpose of vault 111 was to observe the effects of long term cryostorage on true patriot veterans who were eligible to register for the vaults in the event of a nuclear war. One day, one of them will awake from cryostasis and restore Constitutionality to the wastes.

The True Patriots kept bothering me with boring "go kill some mudcrabs" quests so I just joined up with the guys with power armor and a giant robot.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I saw a mudcrab yesterday. Filthy creatures! I hope never to see another.

Advantageous
Apr 8, 2012

Casimir Radon posted:

Yeah. I have yet to find out whether or not they truly believe everyone supports their stupidity, but it seems that is their belief. I really wish they'd stop running around screaming "We the People" this and that as most of us are shaking our heads on the sidelines.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Darkman Fanpage posted:

the magic words~

Tubal-Cain?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Joe Rogan had a crazy rich guy on his show who said that if you use that in court the judges have to rule in your favor and then go paddle each other's butts in a secret mountain retreat.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

cumshitter posted:

Joe Rogan had a crazy rich guy on his show who said that if you use that in court the judges have to rule in your favor and then go paddle each other's butts in a secret mountain retreat.

That's insane you have to say, "Tuble-Cain is the father of metallurgy." full phrase only!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

cumshitter posted:

Peter Schiff?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
If I say the right words in the right order the government has no power over me!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Same if you put a bullet in your head. Really they should have gone the way of lavoy

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Alan Smithee posted:

Same if you put a bullet in your head. Really they should have gone the way of lavoy

That's what you think, Corpse #3374/4178-C.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

Do you know a basic write-up of the III% story? I've seen it mentioned a few times now and I don't know what it is.

also i don't want my google history to be full of insane garbage :shobon:

http://www.starwars.com/games-apps/star-wars-crawl-creator/?cid=56e6fca9e4b027963e44a66a

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/OPBTOL/status/709465612502876160

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

The justice system is only unfair when it's not targeting minorities. :qq:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
The thing to note about the 3% deal is it's accurate, to a point. 3% of the US is ~9 million people. They are assuming that in the event of a revolution, you need 3% of the population to rise up in order to tip the balance away from the Federal government. When you look at other historical civil wars, this is around the number that usually takes up arms. It's usually based on a popular revolt, and takes into account that numbers of the military defect and other variables. Again, in other historical civil wars this is what happens. See Libya, Syria.

The thing they don't understand is they'll never find 9 million people who believe their life is as lovely as those in Libya or Syria did. It's hard to pull this off when most Americans live a life of opulence compared to global standards.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

:fap:

VikingSkull posted:

The thing to note about the 3% deal is it's accurate, to a point. 3% of the US is ~9 million people. They are assuming that in the event of a revolution, you need 3% of the population to rise up in order to tip the balance away from the Federal government. When you look at other historical civil wars, this is around the number that usually takes up arms. It's usually based on a popular revolt, and takes into account that numbers of the military defect and other variables. Again, in other historical civil wars this is what happens. See Libya, Syria.

The thing they don't understand is they'll never find 9 million people who believe their life is as lovely as those in Libya or Syria did. It's hard to pull this off when most Americans live a life of opulence compared to global standards.

Also the difference between a fringe group of extremists and actual freedom fighters is the level of public support that they have and the III%ers have none. Most of the right doesn't even want to be associated with these people.

All 9 million of them could rise up tomorrow and would fail just by virtue of public backlash. They'd get middling support from the far right for a couple of weeks until it started to cause serious inconvenience and at that point even the tea party would be calling for their heads. The right could barely tolerate 20 people occupying a bird sanctuary, now imagine how well it'll go over when ten or twenty thousand people are rioting and fighting gun battles across a major city and dudes have to take weeks off work to avoid getting shot in the street. Our lives are way too pleasant to support an armed rebellion.

Mirthless has issued a correction as of 18:01 on Mar 15, 2016

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
The joke is the 3% don't actually make up 3% of the population.

What I'm saying is, the 3% they reference is the point at which popular support is in your favor. If 3% take action, a likely majority tacitly approves.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

VikingSkull posted:

The joke is the 3% don't actually make up 3% of the population.

What I'm saying is, the 3% they reference is the point at which popular support is in your favor. If 3% take action, a likely majority tacitly approves.

Oh, yeah, totally fair, heh

It would be pretty surprising if there was more than a million people in the country that hold those views to such an extent, let alone nine million, and if there ever was an armed uprising probably more than half of them would have a sudden attack of common sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I think the dangerous thing is to assume that something on that scale can't happen in the US, or that the US military is invincible.

These clowns aren't a real threat, but if there's another great recession/depression? Things can get dicey. Despite what people think, the US had fairly permissive ROE in Iraq, and it was a clusterfuck. In a true civil upheaval in the US, you'd have military units defecting (because any true revolution has substantial support at every level). A second American civil war is remotely possible, and it would have terrible global implications.

These guys are a fringe, but you can't be a fringe of something you're not attached to. Both political wings have this potential.