Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Scyantific posted:

Welp

Spoilers for a future episode btw.

Man Oliver is hosed.

Barry could barely beat the bees, what chance does a normal man have??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Lol.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Do they not care anymore, or is this just scraping the bottom of the barrel because DC keeps taking away characters for them to use?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Do they not care anymore, or is this just scraping the bottom of the barrel because DC keeps taking away characters for them to use?

They haven't used Kiteman or Condiment King yet. Also Crazy Quilt.

Or The Weeper, Sportsmaster and lots more. The barrel is quite deep and they've probably not gone all that far down.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Mar 10, 2016

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Amell is already playing Sportsmaster in the upcoming TMNT film. DC is afraid of confusing their audience, so they won't do Sportsmaster on 'Arrow'.

Now that I think about it, DC''s fear of confusing their audience is sort of funny in that they continue to do so wantonly. I mean, I've been baffled by almost all of their marketing decisions.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Young Justice made Sportsman legit good, I wouldn't mind Arrow using him if it's anything like that version.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
The worst villain from the Flash comes to Arrow for a Felicity drama episode.

I do not think that will be a good episode.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

It's me. I'm in the grave.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

Krad posted:

Young Justice made Sportsman legit good, I wouldn't mind Arrow using him if it's anything like that version.
Yeah this.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

maybe they're playing up the bee lady only for Oliver to beat her before the first commercial break

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

The spoilers are a clear set up for Team Arrow to travel the world in S5 tracking down the Dragon Balls Lazarus Pits to bring the spoiler back to life. :goku:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Carlosologist posted:

maybe they're playing up the bee lady only for Oliver to beat her before the first commercial break

Makes sense, that leaves more screentime for Felicity!

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Krad posted:

There was a Young Justice show? Wha? How did I miss this?

fake edit: Oh it was a cartoon. And they replaced tim/bart/arrowette with dick/wally/artemis and there's no secret. Guess I didn't miss much.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
'Young Justice' is legit good, and you should give it a shot. It has better fight choreography than many current episodes of 'Arrow' (obvious exclusions regarding James Bamford)

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Krad posted:

This is what I said last season. Sportsmaster would have been a fantastic villain/foil for Roy while Ollie was off being revived by herbal essence tea.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Young Justice's flaws lie in the gigantic, unexplained jump between season 1 and 2 that leave you wondering if they forgot to air a season 1.5 or something, and how we never got season 3 so it ends on a massive cliffhanger, though there's hope now that this will be fixed and thank god for that because YJ was great.

That said bringing Sportsmaster into Arrow would just sadden me because I know he won't be as good as in YJ. There's no one to connect him to, for one, since Artemis doesn't exist in this series. Unless he ends up being Thea's third dad or something.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I heard the video game bridges the two seasons

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The best part is the game came out 8 months after the show was canceled, and about 20 months after the season started.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Blaze Dragon posted:

Young Justice's flaws lie in the gigantic, unexplained jump between season 1 and 2 that leave you wondering if they forgot to air a season 1.5 or something, and how we never got season 3 so it ends on a massive cliffhanger, though there's hope now that this will be fixed and thank god for that because YJ was great.

That said bringing Sportsmaster into Arrow would just sadden me because I know he won't be as good as in YJ. There's no one to connect him to, for one, since Artemis doesn't exist in this series. Unless he ends up being Thea's third dad or something.

There's rumblings that a season 3 could be in the works, because of YJ's popularity on streaming sites. It wouldn't be my first choice for a new DC cartoon series, but I'd certainly not complain.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Man Oliver is hosed.

Barry could barely beat the bees, what chance does a normal man have??

Maybe she's the surprising ally

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Azhais posted:

Maybe she's the surprising ally

Pretty sure that's Cupid, given the preview trailer

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Scyantific posted:

Pretty sure that's Cupid, given the preview trailer

I can't lie, I love this return. One of my favorite characters since the beginning of the show.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Ville Valo posted:

There's rumblings that a season 3 could be in the works, because of YJ's popularity on streaming sites. It wouldn't be my first choice for a new DC cartoon series, but I'd certainly not complain.

I hope it's Netflix that gets the license to produce it
S3 looked like it was building up to a fight against Darkseid and Apokalypse.

Otoh, they should make a S1.5 short series to bridge the gap so people don't have to play a video game to figure out what happened.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xelkelvos posted:

I hope it's Netflix that gets the license to produce it
S3 looked like it was building up to a fight against Darkseid and Apokalypse.

Otoh, they should make a S1.5 short series to bridge the gap so people don't have to play a video game to figure out what happened.

I don't see NF getting the rights what with their crumbling relationship with WB.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

It's me. I'm in the grave.

The tombstone will read "AUDIENCE"

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Rhyno posted:

I can't lie, I love this return. One of my favorite characters since the beginning of the show.

Plus Oliver can totally rebound, after Felicity's miraculous recovery from paralysis permitted her to walk out of his life.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Xealot posted:

Plus Oliver can totally rebound, after Felicity's miraculous recovery from paralysis permitted her to walk out of his life.

Hell, an insane fangirl who took up archery just to be closer to her totes boo would actually be a step up at this point.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
If Cupid is coming back, that brings up the question of what happened to Lawton since she was last smitten with him iirc.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Xelkelvos posted:

If Cupid is coming back, that brings up the question of what happened to Lawton since she was last smitten with him iirc.

Will Smith killed him. RIP :smith:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Xelkelvos posted:

He blew up.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
They left it ambiguous, but I guess presumed dead would mean she goes back to Ollie

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They can always grab E2 Lawton.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Rhyno posted:

They can always grab E2 Lawton.

Didn't he get styled by Zoom?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Warmachine posted:

Didn't he get styled by Zoom?

Worse, Reverb (I think)

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

PFlats posted:

There was a Young Justice show? Wha? How did I miss this?

fake edit: Oh it was a cartoon. And they replaced tim/bart/arrowette with dick/wally/artemis and there's no secret. Guess I didn't miss much.

That is stupid and you should feel bad. Young Justice S1 is amazing. S2 is alright, it suffered from a Shippuuden-esque timeskip that just didn't work.

boom boom boom posted:

This though...yikes.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

Warmachine posted:

get styled by Zoom?
What does that mean? I cant escape the image of a barbers chair.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

FRINGE posted:

To get owned, clowned on, dropped, beat up

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

FRINGE posted:

Well, some barbers are known to be quite Jay.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Do you think they'll find a way to put the island in the show next season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Invalid Validation posted:

Do you think they'll find a way to put the island in the show next season?

It's this show. Needless to say they will.

• Locked thread