Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Silver2195 posted:

I hope Purple Haze Feedback gets an OVA or something eventually.

Not until they do Jorge Joestar :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Is PHF the one with All Along the Watchtower? Little card spies was a pretty neat idea.
Yeah, all of the Stands introduced in PHF were named after Hendrix songs and that owned.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Not until they do Jorge Joestar :colbert:

I am not convinced you can do Jorge Joestar an honest representation because it sounds like literally the most batshit insane thing written for entertainment purposes.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean you also cannot do it because it's insanely long and no one is dedicated enough to translate a 700+ page book without some actual money behind it

There's a copy on Amazon though and I'm tempted to buy it since it's like eight bucks and attempt to read it with my mediocre Japanese

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
If you're in deep enough that you're searching for Japanese copies on Amazon then just go for it. It'd be neat to have on the shelf if nothing else.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't even understand how I'm deep by typing in "Jorge Joestar" on Amazon

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Baal posted:

I don't even understand how I'm deep by typing in "Jorge Joestar" on Amazon

that's part of the issue, honestly

just accept what your heart knows it wants

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Baal posted:

I mean you also cannot do it because it's insanely long and no one is dedicated enough to translate a 700+ page book without some actual money behind it

There's a copy on Amazon though and I'm tempted to buy it since it's like eight bucks and attempt to read it with my mediocre Japanese

The dude who did PHF is working on it, about 2 years in.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Does he have a report on page count?

I hope BuddyWaters does a better job with page formatting too, because PHF looks like rear end with the pages are oriented.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Tweet at him, see if he'll update you. I dunno his handle anymore but he does have/did have one

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
Vento Aureo - Baby Face Part 6 just came out earlier today.
Yes, it's a piranha.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

for some reason i'd heard that the vento aureo retranslation had started at the end of the arc and was working backwards, but on batoto it still looks like the final stretch of chapters are the same, lovely old ones that have no alternatives whatsoever because no one has ever finished their retranslation before.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That's another person who isn't uploading to Batoto so that people don't mix up with JJCA and our JJCA buddy Daxing Dan up there said their translations shaky a while ago anyway so it's probably for the best.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

oh, that makes sense. no wonder i got things confused. probably for the best, yeah. on the plus side, the jjca translations are pretty good and farther along than i'd assumed.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

to add onto all this, i forgot how good the train fight in vento aureo is. the better translations help me appreciate it even more, especially since they give much more character to the brothers.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I wasn't quite feeling Vento Aureo at first, and it had a point where it was introducing all the gang's Stands and that felt like it dragged on, but as soon as Mr. President showed up everything got pretty hype, that train fight was definitely one of the higher points of Part 5.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

now i'm really wishing the later chapters had gotten any sort of better translation on batoto, because it's not hard to improve even slightly on the infamous vento aureo clusterfuck we all know and love.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
now that I've caught up to JoJoLion, I'm a little confused about Joshuu. Does he actually know he has Nut King Call? He doesn't seem to have it during the first fight with Josuke, then later during Shakedown Road when people's hands start falling off he seems just as confused as them. In this more recent stuff Nut King Call shows up, but I'm not sure if he's aware of it or not and it seems weird if he is because he's never referenced it's existence before.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Joshuu has only recently begun to develop his stand.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm reading Vento Aureo as the new translations come out (no pressure but please do it fast), and I like the crew better than I like GioGio. I like their Stands better too, zipper powers are cool and so is talking bullets.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Johnny Joestar posted:

to add onto all this, i forgot how good the train fight in vento aureo is. the better translations help me appreciate it even more, especially since they give much more character to the brothers.

This will be the 500th time I've said it here but I'm gonna keep saying it until everyone has read it and appreciated it: grateful dead is great, possibly the best fight. Sticky Fingers rules.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

The Grateful Dead and White Album are the two best fights in Part 5.

This is absolutely not up to debate.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i want the better translations to get through white album already because it's one of the more infamous ones as far as the poo poo translation goes and i really couldn't care less about baby face.

also i stopped my reread a little after i reached the old scans because they're almost unreadable in comparison.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Grateful Dead is one of the best fights in the entirety of Jojo, honestly.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

"We're nothing like those fools trying to pick up girls on the street or partying at the club. Those pathetic losers just scream and shout, going 'I'll kill you! I'll kill you!' so they can soothe their souls. When we truly think 'I'll kill you!' from the bottom of our hearts...by that time, the deed has already been done!"

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Pesci might've been evil and a dweeb but I was happy for him when he finally learned what it meant to be mafia.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Bad Seafood posted:

The Grateful Dead and White Album are the two best fights in Part 5.

This is absolutely not up to debate.

I'm definitely really excited for the updated translations to get there.

Ghiaccio is a QT

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Bad Seafood posted:

Pesci might've been evil and a dweeb but I was happy for him when he finally learned what it meant to be mafia.

The transformation from

to

in just a handful of pages was great, I loved the Grateful Dead chapter so much.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Grateful Dead was incredibly good

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Pesci: The only villain to ever get a shonen hero powerup.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/Kewl0210/status/708828957852999681

April 1 for the anime apparently

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

assuming this is true, they couldn't have picked a worse day in april to debut

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's the first Friday of the month and the first day of the new fiscal year in many countries including Japan, so on the contrary, it's probably the best day of all.

April Fools isn't some kind of sacred ritual all abide by, its just sort of dumb.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

true, but, it's going to be hell getting people to believe it until something more concrete comes out

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

What's more concrete than official materials saying April 1, 12:30am Tokyo TV.

And like, April Fools jokes are only April Fools if they're made on the actual day.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Apparently official materials will be lying to me even though Japanese people don't do April 1st for their jokey holiday.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Johnny Joestar posted:

true, but, it's going to be hell getting people to believe it until something more concrete comes out

something concrete like an episode??

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Baal posted:

Apparently official materials will be lying to me even though Japanese people don't do April 1st for their jokey holiday.

everything is a lie

EVERYTHING

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

but for real though i'm glad it lined up in such a way for it to come out as early as possible. what were people thinking before? summer? maybe even early fall at the latest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Johnny Joestar posted:

but for real though i'm glad it lined up in such a way for it to come out as early as possible. what were people thinking before? summer? maybe even early fall at the latest?

It's been known to be April since December.