Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
:nws: http://i.imgur.com/QVaJLdx.jpg trashy as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
I think I need to wipe my laptop with alcohol now.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Looks too much like barb wire and I think I heard once not to stick my dick in that.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Stultus Maximus posted:

I think I need to wipe my eyes with alcohol now.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Laranzu posted:

Looks too much like barb wire and I think I heard once not to stick my dick in that.

You'd have a less chance of infected dick with barbed wire.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Mad Dragon posted:

People still listen to them?

Yea, apparently. KMK has a bunch of various side projects and hangers on too. I have a buddy that moved to Colorado to embrace the exist solely to smoke weed lifestyle and he is covered in tattoos of that spade thing.

Unrelated

:nws:
https://gfycat.com/GiganticBruisedAnnelida

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Which girl on mofos is that :eyepop:

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Cece Capella.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
thank you for your service

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
listening to papa roach for some laughs right now. what loving garbage. 2000 sucked

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES YOURE MY SUGAR MAMA BABY BUTTEFLY HONEY

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i saw korn in like 1997 its maybe my greatest shame

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

3 hours until my flight to Doha. After a month without a drop of alcohol so o/u on the number of drinks on the plane it will take to get me black out drunk is set at 2.5

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Took a girl to see Collective Soul in 1999. The lead singer talked a lot of poo poo about his newly ex-girlfriend, which was pretty funny.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Hey Teflon Don you get your happy fun time spray yet? I got blue balls.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Best 90s song right here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkwD5rQ-_d4

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
loving lol if you listened to toadies and didn't realize Tyler was about rape.

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Whitney Houston. 1999. Your love is my love tour.

Bitch had some pipes, man. No shame in that. And the tickets were free.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
nah i'd see whitney man she worked it no shame

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I did go to a john mayer concert in his big body is a wonderland tour though. It was actually pretty decent because it was a lot of long jamming, but I mainly went for the opening act, ben folds, who I am gay for

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i went to blink 182 and was the oldest person there who wasnt a parent

my gf really wanted to see em

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I liked korn when I was a kid, but never took the time to see them at a show.

Whitney show really was tits though. I was 16 and it was easy access to third base with the girlfriend, so thanks random free tickets gods.

I like to see a variety of bands, when I actually go to shows. Festivals are great for that, go and knock 10-20 bands/performers off the list. Saw the Police, Flaming Lips, Junior Brown, Damien Rice (twice, actually), tool, nine inch nails, I want to say I caught part of a Bruce Springsteen show but the drugs were great that day. Just a bunch of random poo poo, catching some of the classics before they all die off completely.

And now I just realized I never saw Scott Weiland play with whatever the band behind him was calling themselves. loving bummer.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

id see whitney if i got the tickets for free

i remember her national anthem for the 91 super bowl

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Real talk, I'd go see John Mayer. He's doing some Dead and friends tour this year.

Never saw blink, can't say I'd want to either, but if ticket gods gave me tickets to most anything, I'd go. Excluding anything ICP has touched. Because ewww.

Whitney was great, a true american trainwreck front to back.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Mar 13, 2016

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Mayer was cool because I thought it was going to be some faggy N Sync type poo poo, but he did 15 minute guitar solos and poo poo, it was really cool and gave me a tad bit more respect for him.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I saw Limp Bizkit, Tool, Rob Zombie, Ozzy, Korn, Orgy, Hole, and every other bad band ever. I was like metal as gently caress in 98 or so lol.. teenage years are shameful for everyone, but I think the late 90s were about the worst.

It was like Spice Girls, Joey Fatone, Mambo #5 and RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE gently caress CLINTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

so spineless

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
AHH I'M SO MAD AT LIVING IN THE BEST ECONOMICALLY ONLY NON PERPETUALLY IN WAR DECADE EVER UGH THE 90S SO MAD gently caress YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Late 90s were pretty loving awful.

But I'm relatively certain they were better than the garbage on the radio now.

Ex-wife was an nsync nut. To the point of owning marionettes of them. She'd take her sister to any Justin Timberlake shows she could. The entire week before the concert was intolerable. Just put headphones on and daydream about murdering boy bands.

Zoot suit riot.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Thinking about it, late 90s poo poo was going to be garbage regardless because the early and mid 90s rock scenes were loving amazing. There was no way for it to live up to the standards set by hootie and the blowfish and candlebox.

Haha.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Most of The Offspring is still pretty tolerable tbh. And old Greenday. But they changed long ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrZ4sMRYimw

and maybe I liked Chumbawamba but don't tell my friends

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
First concert I ever went to was Pink Floyd at the Rosebowl in 94. Kind of spoiled me for all other concerts.

It was 2 days before I went to bootcamp. I was kind of worried I might pop positive from all the smoke.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

nah i'd see whitney man she worked it no shame

I heard she smoked it, too.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Gonna need some more trailer park references added to the thread title ~tia

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I know a 22 year old with an enormous Blink 182 tattoo on her shoulder. It troubles my soul, because on one hand I want to keep the avenue for bangin open, but on the other I wanna call them out for being a loving poser. loving Blink 182 is not one of those bands that should be transcending generations.

Unrelated tits
https://gfycat.com/TangibleEmptyCornsnake

EDIT GODAAMN IT I AM FFUCKIGN DRUNK AND THERE ARENT ANY RESPOSES TLDR HAIL GAY SATAN

bij fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Mar 13, 2016

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Korn was always the worst loving band. The lead singer was the whineyest little bitch, crying as he sang stupid rear end lyrics about the MTV generation while a distorted to poo poo bass line over powers everything else.

I saw them twice because fear factory was opening for them in 99 and 01

Booblord Zagats fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Mar 13, 2016

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
The first live concert I went to was a show by the Drive-by Truckers in Saint Louis that had been postponed because the night of the show game 7 of the World Series was being played in town. I got blackout drunk watching the game before going to the show, and according to my ex that I had pick me up, didn't even remember going to the show.

That ex also broke up with me after our 3 year relationship after I enlisted, saying that she couldn't do a long distance relationship, and a month or so later I found out she'd been cheating on me. gently caress.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Greenday was fun in 2000, but when I saw them in 03 they weren't. Just 5 songs and 9 speeches about how much they hated the president and record labels.

System of a Down was really bad, like the guitarist tripped over his own cord and knocked over half the drum set and they just walked off stage. They were only on their 2nd song, but it was played so poorly that to be honest it was a mercy killing.

Saw Sugar Ray in 2002, right after they had slumped in to playing lovely colleges. That was actually a good time because they recognized no one liked their music, so Mark Mcgrath just talked poo poo , the band took requests to play covers, including a surprisingly good AC\DC Thunderstruck and got some drunk people up on stage to sing Britney Spears songs with them. Dude has a metric ton of charisma

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
First concert ever was Stone Temple Pilots with Cheap Trick opening in 1997. Scott Weiland asked between songs for these few assholes in the crowd to stop throwing empty water bottles and poo poo at the stage. In the middle of the next song, one of them did it again and Scott stopped the song. He again asked them to please stop doing it and one of them flipped him off. That bird flying through the air made Weiland lose his god drat mind. He started yelling at the guy "oh yeah you wanna flip me off?! gently caress you! I'll gently caress you up. I'm going to beat your rear end and then gently caress you in the rear end. No, let him come up here. I'm going to beat his rear end. MY DICK YOUR rear end BACKSTAGE NOW" and then he got dragged off the stage by his bandmates. After he came out, apologized for his behavior, and they rocked out the last of the set. I'm guessing he shot up backstage because he looked like he was hosed up the rest of the show.

Second concert ever was Mudvayne, Disturbed, Linkin Park, Papa Roach, and Slipknot in an offest show. This was loving amazing. At the time no one knew who anyone except Papa Roach and Slipknot were so it was really awesome to see all the new bands that blew up later.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Disturbed was alright for polished radio rock, and then they released a second album and back to the gutter they went. Used to listen to them while running on a treadmill, so..... ? They weren't terrible, just victims of their own demise.

A Bad Poster posted:

The first live concert I went to was a show by the Drive-by Truckers in Saint Louis that had been postponed because the night of the show game 7 of the World Series was being played in town. I got blackout drunk watching the game before going to the show, and according to my ex that I had pick me up, didn't even remember going to the show.

That ex also broke up with me after our 3 year relationship after I enlisted, saying that she couldn't do a long distance relationship, and a month or so later I found out she'd been cheating on me. gently caress.

Drive-by Truckers loving rule. I don't care if all their music is on a level of sadness only equaled by a thousand dead puppies on your front lawn.

Saw Jason Isbell a few years ago after he cut Southeastern. If Elephant doesn't just cut you to pieces then somehow you're listening to it wrong.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Mar 13, 2016

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
This was in 2001 so none of them were really names except Papa Roach and Slipknot. The only singles any of the first three acts had released were Dig, Down With the Sickness, and Crawling. Mudvayne opened and was just loving insane. Disturbed came out and kicked a lot of rear end then did a cover of pantera's Walk before leaving the stage (which went over huge in west texas), and then Linkin Park's DJ came out first and started chopping up welcome to the jungle as the band came and started rolling into their set.

Papa Roach was just ok. They weren't that great. Slipknot was loving insane.

Since then I've seen mudvayne a few times. Still always a good show. Saw smile empty soul, seether, and trapt. Trapt was terrible. Friend and I left during that. I saw Coal Chamber & Sevendust together as well. Even vanilla ice was there as Robb Van Winkle trying to do metal. It didn't work. I saw Rob Zombie forever ago also after the lead singer of drowning pool killed himself and they had to scrap a date in Lubbock. Rob was headlining ozzfest at the time and booked a show with all the rest of the bands that were supposed to play and honored all the tickets from the drowning pool show. That was incredible.

Last big festival I went to was in 2007 in japan. It was a two day thing called heaven and hell. Half hair metal and half heavy metal. The final three acts on day 2 (didn't go to day 1) were Tesla, Arch Enemy, and Marylin Manson. Manson is second only to Weird Al when it comes to costume changes between songs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Slipknot is the apex of lovely metal, it's like they were making a band and 4 kids got in a fight on who got to be drummer so they compromised and chose the best 3 and made the 4th sing

Disturbed is proof a so-so cover band can get a record deal based on nostalgia AND a poor understanding of what 20 year olds want to hear on KRXX or whatever "hardcore" station you want to listen to that just plays lovely nu metal and the occasional song from when Ozzy wasn't a reality TV star.

They're both the Hyundai Veloster/Honda Del Sol of rock, they're only cool if your only concept of cool is the kid who used to draw pentagrams on his backpack in whiteout and knew all the words from the Reservoir Dogs but without any idea what the lovely parts of LA are actually like , but you'd never go that far yourself because Mom makes you go to Sunday school and thinks there's too many swears in Tarintino movies

• Locked thread