Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DonnieBravo
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Yeah new Flatbush bumps, new Denzel deepens the mystique, then I put on I'm Up and just smile the whole time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

DonnieBravo posted:

Yeah new Flatbush bumps, new Denzel deepens the mystique, then I put on I'm Up and just smile the whole time.

I'm loving the new flatbush, not as good as BetterOffDEAD, but still good. It is way better than the underachievers album, that was a disappointment

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Yuzenn posted:

Fair enough, I guess a better way to put it is that he intentionally does his trolling act and the shtick plays into it.

The duality of the program director and the hip hop purist Ebro is the one that I can't stand. Sway tells people up front that if they aren't ready to spit don't come to the show, and I feel like Ebro tip toes around certain artists and their incessant requests to never spit any bars live. (I kind of wish 2 chainz would have taken that route cause yeeeesh his poo poo was bad.

It's sad when I agree with Rosenberg more than Ebro these days.
They're both irrelevant.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
Freddie Gibbs is the best rapper live without a doubt.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

I AM BRAWW posted:

Freddie Gibbs is the best rapper live without a doubt.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

I AM BRAWW posted:

Freddie Gibbs is the best rapper alive without a doubt.

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

I AM BRAWW posted:

Freddie Gibbs is the best rapper live without a shadow of a doubt.

:v:

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Danny Brown is the best rapper in 3-Dimensional space.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
Danny Brown's last verse on this Freddie Gibbs track is one of his best verses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auAC15-Z-G8&t=134s

Pertplus
Nov 7, 2009

This Lil yachty - Lil Boat tape is amazing and is getting better every listen

Pertplus fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Mar 13, 2016

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Pertplus posted:

wasn't feeling this. sounds like a lot of other stuff out but not as good

hypocritically of me new dex tape is pretty dope although the same exact description applies to it. even has a lil yachty feature
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4VlXG5xAJI
http://www.datpiff.com/Famous-Dex-OhhMannGoddDamm-mixtape.771762.html

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Yeah i listened to lil boat thing it's ok... didnt really hear anything that stuck with me

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

Pertplus posted:

Thank you for having the correct opinion.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

lil boat feels like every 2016 rap trend in the same place, but in a good way

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Despite the whole tour being for the money or whatever, the outkast reunion show I went to was loving fantastic.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So uhh Future's definitely better live than on album. Or he's just a great hype man. Saw him earlier and was really into his set (which I didn't think I'd say), as were thousands of other people.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Anaranjado posted:

Despite the whole tour being for the money or whatever, the outkast reunion show I went to was loving fantastic.

Seeing outkast live a few years back was the biggest disappointment of my life.

No stage chemistry whatsoever. It was pathetic.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Like they're my favourite group ever and for my money Aquemini is the best hip hop album ever made so I was crushed.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Where was that, Electric Picnic? I thought that was a good show, for a festival.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mickolution posted:

Where was that, Electric Picnic? I thought that was a good show, for a festival.

Yeah EP. they sounded good but it just killed me knowing 3000 was just going through the motions.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I saw outkast in atlanta on that tour and it was one of the best shows (not just rap) ive ever been to in my life. Admittedly 3k wasnt as into it as big boi but it was still a great night.

Pertplus
Nov 7, 2009

I didn't think much of the Lil Boat tape the first time I listened to it so I can understand why someone might be unimpressed. I just kept listening because I had been listening to this Lil Yachty compilation some guy put together, and I knew that was great from the first listen. Despite being a fan-made comp, the songs flow together pretty well. You can see my favorites in the pic. Lil Yachty also has at least 40 other songs scattered randomly across the internet like a true 2016 rapper.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4UN1mSFkEIsVG9PUUxXU0dzUWs/view

With Coach K as a manager, and the fact that he's comfortable making pure pop songs, I'm sure he'll very be popular soon enough.

He also said he doesn't do drugs in a recent interview, so that's interesting.

Pertplus fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Mar 13, 2016

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Thug on the Minnesota remix is so good

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence
Imperial bangs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_asYhwPI-a8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rpx2zik4HY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0CHvvATmig

:worship:

ps: tracks ive been listening to a lot

your old droog - Hip-Hop Head (Prod. By Alchemist)
DirtyDiggs - Get In Line Ft. Planet Asia
Azizi Gibson - Bragging Rights ft. Dj Paul
Bodega Bamz - DISNEY WORLD ON ACID
A$AP FERG & A$AP MARTY - I DONT CARE
Planet Asia & DJ Concept - The Festival (feat. Sean Price & DJ Devastate)
Curren$y - Chill
Swangin In The Rain (Remix)(feat. Slim Thug, J-Dawg, Lil Keke, Z-Ro & Chamillionaire)
A$AP FERG - CUT IT REMIX
Denzel Curry - Flying Nimbus Feat. Lofty305
Problem - My Squad

enjoy your sunday :cheers:

TenaciousTomato fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Mar 13, 2016

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
New Flatbush is really solid all the way through

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Yeah EP. they sounded good but it just killed me knowing 3000 was just going through the motions.

I don't remember thinking that, really. I was close to the front and really enjoyed it, but I may have just been too caught up in the moment.

The problem with that (or any festival headline set) was that most people were there for Hey Ya! and Ms Jackson, the only Outkast songs that would be in any way well known over here. It's not like there was even any other hip-hop acts on the bill that year that I can remember.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Not opening with Return of the G was the biggest tragedy of that while outkast tour IMO

BOB was cool tho

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mickolution posted:

I don't remember thinking that, really. I was close to the front and really enjoyed it, but I may have just been too caught up in the moment.

The problem with that (or any festival headline set) was that most people were there for Hey Ya! and Ms Jackson, the only Outkast songs that would be in any way well known over here. It's not like there was even any other hip-hop acts on the bill that year that I can remember.

You going to longitude btw? Kendrick and ASAP Ferg :cool:

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Speaking of festivals, I didn't realize Vince Stapes and Vic Mensa were both the same day as Kanye at Governor's Ball this year. Almost worth it for me. I've seen Ye a few times and he's always fun, but $135 is steep for 3 artists.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Speaking of festivals, I didn't realize Vince Stapes and Vic Mensa were both the same day as Kanye at Governor's Ball this year. Almost worth it for me. I've seen Ye a few times and he's always fun, but $135 is steep for 3 artists.

Joey Bada$$ on that day too

I've been thinking about getting a ticket for that day for those four plus Death Cab since I've never seen Death Cab live, but I'm waiting to see if they release an actual schedule to see if they're playing opposite Ye or something equally dumb.

I paid $160 to see Kanye on the Yeezus tour though so $135 doesn't seem that bad by comparison tbqh

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

there is no price too high to see ye, dude can have my soul for floor seats

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

They were amazing when I saw them in 01/02 - probably just because of the time a part.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
I might go see Underachievers here in Copenhagen at the end of the month :)

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I saw Big Boi late last year when he was touring with Big Grams. He had a lot of fun doing Way You Move/Ms Jackson verses mashed with some lovely Phantogram songs so it seems like he still enjoys doing his old material even if Andre isn't

that was a weirdly good show considering I really, really, really do not like Phantogram. They sound a lot better live without their kinda lovely production

also in the next two weeks I'm gonna see GoldLink, Le1f, and Pusha T, a good month

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Good Will Hrunting posted:

When I saw vic Mensa he played codeine crazy with a live band :worship:

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

When I saw vic Mensa he played codeine crazy with a live band :worship:

Holy poo poo. I'd love to see him in general with a live band, this would just be a huge bonus.

The only person I know who has tickets is my dad (yes I'm serious) but I'm really considering going provided I can get off from work that Monday.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
When I saw Mensa he just played a bunch of partial songs while his hypeman played air horn sounds on his laptop. But I'm guessing he wasn't gonna go all in for a show at a liberal arts college in rural Ohio

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

That's a shame. The one I went to Andre was practically bouncing off the walls. :(

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i want nothing more than a new outkast/ 3k solo album :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hey, at least we got new Andre on Kanye's 30 Hours!

:shepicide: