Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Crowetron posted:

Instead of arguing with WickedHate, let's post more good Spidey moments

Aside from a touch of unfortunate racial stereotyping, this is a pretty good scene. I'm a sucker for heroes resolving situations nonviolently by just reminding baddies that they're fuckin superheroes.

This is one of my favorite things so much. Every once in a while you have to have a villain say "You know what...nah, you got it." I've seen Batman do it twice and they were both pretty great.

Oh, new page, let me post one of the Batman ones:

I believe the page before had something along the lines of "You know who I am. You know what I can do. If you do anything to make me drop this baby..."

SonicRulez fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Mar 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

That's intended as a bluff of course, but I'd be surprised if at one point Spiderman didn't come up with a spider-swarm caller. He's an A-list Marvel guy so of course there's nothing he's not good at.

They started walking down that dark road once and luckily shut that poo poo down quick.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

SonicRulez posted:

This is one of my favorite things so much. Every once in a while you have to have a villain say "You know what...nah, you got it." I've seen Batman do it twice and they were both pretty great.

Oh, new page, let me post one of the Batman ones:

I believe the page before had something along the lines of "You know who I am. You know what I can do. If you do anything to make me drop this baby..."

Is this the second one?

Because this is a pretty great page. :allears:

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMd4S-LkywI

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
You want to know how to take down a villain like a total badass?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJq2PAI-Fxc

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Dexie posted:

Is this the second one?

What's that from? I've seen that page before.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Wheat Loaf posted:

What's that from? I've seen that page before.

A one-shot Paul Dini story where the Mad Hatter recruited a bunch of Wonderland themed villains.

The Carpenter showed back up again later during Gotham City Sirens, where she was excited to be joining Harley, Selina, and Ivy on their next big heist...

...only to find out that no, they're going clean, and they just want her to renovate their hideout.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Y'know, I'd read a book about a general contractor for villainous lairs. It's like the costume guy, you gotta have one.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Mr. Maltose posted:

Y'know, I'd read a book about a general contractor for villainous lairs. It's like the costume guy, you gotta have one.

Like Damage Control but Before?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Dexie posted:

A one-shot Paul Dini story where the Mad Hatter recruited a bunch of Wonderland themed villains.

The Carpenter showed back up again later during Gotham City Sirens, where she was excited to be joining Harley, Selina, and Ivy on their next big heist...

...only to find out that no, they're going clean, and they just want her to renovate their hideout.

It's p great.

Especially since she's basically a major recurring character since their place keeps getting ruined.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Hot triple post action.

Let me tell you about the time Spoderman No-Sold the Hulk:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Toshimo posted:

Like Damage Control but Before?

Every area of supervillain minutia could use a Viscera Cleanup Detail-style game of it.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Malachite_Dragon posted:

And now to ruin the moment! :v:
My personal favorite spider-intimidaton.

Sometimes you just have to out-crazy crazy. Or just aren't in the mood, that works too.

I don't follow Spider-Man too often, is the underarm web-wings a normal thing for his costume that you see in the first panel? It seems half the pages I see have it, half don't.

EDIT: Here's some content I found elsewhere. In a DC / Judge Dredd crossover, Judge Death is freed by the Joker. In way of thanks, Death tries to possess the Joker:

lookit that smile

Of course, trying to inhabit the mind of the Joker is... well, not fun.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Mar 13, 2016

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Toshimo posted:

Hot triple post action.

So let me tell you about the time Batman managed to beat the Hulk...

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
It's a fashion thing that comes and goes with him... kinda like Storm's mohawk, Hulk's dumbness or Prof X's wheelchair. One writer wants to bring it back, then another wants it gone again...

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

iirc old Hulk was on 'incredibly strong' levels.
Rather than modern Hulk's 'Impossibly strong' level.

Or I'm just talking out my rear end that started with Secret Wars Hulk when he held up a mountain.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Mar 13, 2016

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Or I'm just talking out my rear end that started with Secret Wars Hulk when he held up a mountain.

Yeah, I'm not sure when it started, but I'm curious.

I seem to recall when I was a kid he was just "The Strongest", but Thor and others of that class could go toe to toe with him.

Now, he's basically a force of nature, especially when the madder he gets, the stronger he is.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Dexie posted:

Is this the second one?

I was actually thinking of a segment from the animated series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMd4S-LkywI

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Toshimo posted:

Hot triple post action.

Um, except that's really obviously not the Hulk, but that one Paul Jenkins villain who uses psychic projection, and Spidey had figured out how to ignore the illusions. So, more of Peter Parker Letting Ordinary Dudes Break Their Hands On Him.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

The impressive thing about the mountain was that was during a time when Banner's brain was in control, so he didn't have the same kind of ragestrength he would normally be able to use.

Thurm
Nov 11, 2008

Mr. Maltose posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDedpreZH-0

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

MisterBibs posted:

Here's some content I found elsewhere. In a DC / Judge Dredd crossover, Judge Death is freed by the Joker. In way of thanks, Death tries to possess the Joker:

lookit that smile

Of course, trying to inhabit the mind of the Joker is... well, not fun.

I'm reminded of the scene from Morrison's run on JLA where the Joker gets hold of the Cosmic CubeWorlogog and starts destroying the world while laughing hysterically, and then J'onn yells STOP

and the Joker stops laughing

and he can't figure out what's wrong, nothing seems funny any more, oh god he's been hurting people, what's wrong

and Superman asks, what are you doing, J'onn

and J'onn says

"I'm making him sane."

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Parahexavoctal posted:

I'm reminded of the scene from Morrison's run on JLA where the Joker gets hold of the Cosmic CubeWorlogog and starts destroying the world while laughing hysterically, and then J'onn yells STOP

and the Joker stops laughing

and he can't figure out what's wrong, nothing seems funny any more, oh god he's been hurting people, what's wrong

and Superman asks, what are you doing, J'onn

and J'onn says

"I'm making him sane."

JLA #15

Featuring: The Worst Supes Costume

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Oh yeah, that during that whole weird period when Supes was basically made of electricity, wasn't it :psyduck:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Oh yeah, that during that whole weird period when Supes was basically made of electricity, wasn't it :psyduck:

We don't talk about that.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Toshimo posted:

JLA #15

Featuring: The Worst Supes Costume

I'm going to guess he doesn't 'fix things' very well.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
We're still doing Spider-Man being cool, right? Well here he is post Civil War fighting off the Initiative, who have a vial of nanites that'll render him powerless.

Civil War The Initiative #3

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Toshimo posted:

We don't talk about that.

It wasn't all terrible; I remember owning one of those comics where Metallo kidnapped Electro-Supes and basically forced him to be the power source for his new giant gundam-body. I'd post panels of it if I could remember the name of it; I'd say figuring out how to use your sworn enemy as a power source counts as badass.

Supes beat him by turning back into Clark Kent while in the machine, so he ran out of power and fell over :v:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Supes beat him by turning back into Clark Kent while in the machine, so he ran out of power and fell over :v:

What's Kryptonian for "Shazam!"?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

It wasn't all terrible; I remember owning one of those comics where Metallo kidnapped Electro-Supes and basically forced him to be the power source for his new giant gundam-body. I'd post panels of it if I could remember the name of it; I'd say figuring out how to use your sworn enemy as a power source counts as badass.

Adventures of Superman Vol 1 546 - Blood & Thunder

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Yes! That's the one exactly!
I vaguely recall that his not being able to turn back into Clark was a plot point earlier in the same comic, so that also added to it a bit.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I think we've had enough Spiderman chumping regular dudes tho. Unless you really want me to start throwing Back in Black panels. Because I will.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
What's the name for the headcondom thing that Electric Supes and Gambit have going?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I mean typically Hulk has almost never been planet-shattering strong like in some of the more recent books but even back when there were like 10 active supers in the Marvel Universe he was still the strongest by a mile. Thor could kinda go toe to toe with him but Hulk still had the advantage, and that was in the early days where Thor was written to more or less be Marvel's version of Superman but with the "If I'm away from my hammer for 10 seconds I turn back into infirm Donald Blake" caveat.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Toshimo posted:

I think we've had enough Spiderman chumping regular dudes tho. Unless you really want me to start throwing Back in Black panels. Because I will.

I think you should do this thing.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Jeez Aquaman its like two pennies

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

achillesforever6 posted:

You think he's able to carry coins in that outfit? :colbert:

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

achillesforever6 posted:

You try fishing out two pennies from your wallet with a harpoon for a hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

MisterBibs posted:

I'm going to guess he doesn't 'fix things' very well.

He undoes all the terrible things he'd done on the previous page (which included carving the Earth into a "ten-thousand-mile-long smile from Patagonia to Asia Minor"). Then he drops the Worlogog. Then J'onn loses his grasp and the Joker reverts to howling insanity.