Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I don't understand about half of those Topic TOons, but the ones I do are horribly racist so it's a mercy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Since most deniers are also supporters of Gitmo Forever, I am entirely in favor of this proposal and it is my sincere and unironic hope that this becomes beautiful, beautiful reality as soon as possible.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

"Oh I already have some at home. Thanks for insinuating I'm a moron though, you rear end."

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

McCoy's FB post is basically how it's going to be for these chickenshit right-wing cartoonists. I don't aaaaaaaactually support Trump, b-b-b-b-but campus safe spaces/Black Lives Matter/liberalsliberalsLIBERALS!/the black cashier at Winn-Dixie was rude to me so I'm voting Trump and you Liberal Nazis can't stop me!

Prove me wrong, wingnuts!

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I don't get, even a little, what conspiracy this is supposed to be? My mind is going in a blue direction and It literally can't possibly be that.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

I don't get it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I assume it's "Girls are yucky and boys shouldn't associate with them"

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I love that the narrative they're going for with the Trump protestors is that clearly they only had the time to protest him because they don't work real grownup jobs, unlike the people who had the time to show up and support him.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
And also unemployed people are only unemployed because they hate jobs and want nothing to do with them. Not like me who's only been on food stamps for six months because I literally hit rock bottom and the only reason I don't have a job is because Obama killed all the jobs. :argh:

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

I guess it's nice that Match.com would make a newspaper version of their site for the poor lonely inmates who don't have internet access.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Krinkle posted:

I don't get, even a little, what conspiracy this is supposed to be? My mind is going in a blue direction and It literally can't possibly be that.

It reminds me of men going their own way stuff. Like "this boy is so enlightened he won't even think about dating conniving girls, and instead eats grass, which is more dignified."

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
I'd assumed he was trying to paint playground bullying as part of some grand "feminist" conspiracy.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

This is amazing.

Though I still can't see that face and not see Andross.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Krinkle posted:

He's a "men going their own way" guy, from what I gathered, so I assume it's "girls are evil bullies and men don't need them."

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Sandpuppy posted:

I guess it's nice that Match.com would make a newspaper version of their site for the poor lonely inmates who don't have internet access.

I wanna see that snail mail correspondence.
"Hey gurl what flowers do you like because im going to buy a funeral wreath with them once I murder* dat pussy

*crude drawing of a penis*

Love

Inmate 467321

*I only mean that as a joke and not for realsies gurl”

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Asians, Native Americans, Blacks, and John Boehner!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Roger's NOoooooooooooooo

rob rogers posted:

Hillary's email problem may be a lot to do about nothing ... but for now it certainly isn't helping her campaign.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Not really a political cartoon, but this is the first time I've been interested enough in politics to draw a politician and I'm pretty happy how it came out.

Clunk Tap It
May 1, 2014

Zetsubou-san posted:

Matt Golding

From a few pages back, but do these count as political? Even JRROSE! ties his dad puns to a thing that happened. Did something happen concerning vaping or buoys in Australia?

And thanks, FactsAreUseless for the new fresh insanity! The world today is once again just nuts!

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

achillesforever6 posted:

Roger's NOoooooooooooooo

Keep pushing Benghazi, GOP! It'll TOTALLY work any day now!

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

The Power of One is an awesome book. Glad that Bennett agrees.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
A cartoon:

The story behind it, Turkish President Erdogan straight-up took over a newspaper because he didn't like what the newspaper was saying:
http://www.businessinsider.com/todays-zaman-turkey-police-2016-3

quote:

Police dressed in riot gear seized the headquarters of Turkey's highest-circulation newspaper in a midnight raid Saturday, in arguably the biggest blow yet to press freedom in President Recep Erdogan's Turkey.

The government takeover of Today's Zaman was evidently in response to Erdogan's perception of the paper as a front for the Gülen movement — a social movement led by the Turkish scholar and preacher Fethullah Gülen that is openly critical of Erdogan's government.

Reporters Without Borders' secretary general Christophe Deloire released a scathing statement about the takeover, calling the operation "ideological and unlawful."

"Erdoğan is now moving from authoritarianism to all-out despotism," Deloire wrote. "Not content with throwing journalists in prison for ‘supporting terrorism’ or having them sentenced to pay heavy fines for ‘insulting the ‘head of state,’ he is now going further by taking control of Turkey’s biggest opposition newspaper.”

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Clunk Tap It posted:

From a few pages back, but do these count as political? Even JRROSE! ties his dad puns to a thing that happened. Did something happen concerning vaping or buoys in Australia?
Matt Golding is one of those cartoonists whose bulk of work is about a zillion little cartoons to illustrate whatever stories are in the paper that day. The vaping one appears to be from some special about e-cigs, nothing particularly political. I can't find the buoy one specifically, my guess is it's got to do with the shark detection at Bondi Beach.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Stallion Cabana posted:

I don't get it.

I think it might be a reference to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbivore_men

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

What the gently caress is Tinsley doing

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Stop trying to be Calvin and Hobbes Jesus Christ

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sinners Sandwich posted:

What the gently caress is Tinsley doing
Getting angry about language change, same as old people from every culture in the world.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Okay, now do that comic again, but while mentioning evolution.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

"Oh, we only come to the lilac void store for vitamins and chips. The teal shop over the road has a special on repellent right now."

Oh and punk rock bands :arghfist::corsair:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Hey! I remember that Simpsons episode!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 18 days!)

Stallion Cabana posted:

I don't get it.

Three silly girls with creamy knees standing against the schoolyard wall
– I can’t stop thinking of them.

- Kamikaze Death Poem

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Murderion posted:

Oh and punk rock bands :arghfist::corsair:

It's always kind of funny when old people write or draw something that shows Kids These Days going to a party or a dance with a live band.

Old People: We have DJs at our parties now, they play pre-recorded music. If we want to listen to live music, we go to concerts or shows.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

And here we are back in...

This is a slow week due to a man by the name of Spitzer and his dabbling with expensive prostitutes. As we all know, sex scandals are like catnip to political cartoonists, so the amount of relevant cartoons were less the normal. poo poo, some cartoonists like Ramirez didn't cover the primary at ALL.

A thought that occurred to some during the democratic primary was the possibility of X being a VP pick for Y, maybe even as a sort of deal in exchange for dropping out in order to end the primary earlier.

This idea, however, apparently caught on with the Clinton camp. While not saying for Obama to directly drop out, she nonetheless made hints that Obama would totally be a great VP nod.

Obama responded with a simple, "Uh that's cute, but I'm in the lead, chucklefuck." and that was that.

I want to say March was the most heated the primary ever got, and of course Republicans absolutely loved it.

Some states were penalized for loving around with dates. The most notable was Florida, which has a ton of delegates up for grabs, but was forbidden from sending any to the convention due to moving up their primary. This hurt Clinton, the winner of Florida, and of course her camp argued that this penalty was an affront to democracy and should be repealed. The Obama camp, unsurprisingly, disagreed, stating that they campaigned based on the knowledge that Florida held no value, and that it would be unfair to change this after the fact. Michigan was a similar situation, except several candidates such as Obama were urged by the DNC to remove themselves from the ballot. Clinton stayed on and naturally won, creating another situation.

The "Florida/Michigan Question" hung over the campaign for the whole primary, as the delegate numbers would provide a huge swing for Clinton. In fact, you can argue that these Schrodinger's States are what allowed Clinton to justify staying in the primary for so long. Ultimately, a compromise was reached, with both states only getting half their normal votes. Basically, the public didn't like their states having no say in the primary, and this pressured the DNC to do something or else it could discourage democrats from voting in 2008. I imagine Florida's status as a battleground state in the general election helped with this decision.

Conservatives would give Obama grief for daring to try diplomacy over perpetual war. I have no idea why Hillary is in the cartoon.

McCain took a serious backseat to the Demcoratic Primary. I mean, it makes sense given the GOP primary wrapped up a month prior and McCain wasn't exactly doing anything.

Yeah, this was something of a dead news week for the primary.

BONUS

A
I found this Rall cute in general, but also funny because the very cartoon in which he states that cartoonists rely on metaphors over words has a loving word-stuffed caption in every panel.

Okay, this was a slow week, but it gave me a chance to show more cartoonists than normal. That all changes next week, when everyone's favorite pastor comes home to roost.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on George Osborne and disability benefits – Two hundred thousand disabled people will each lose almost £3,000 a year as a result of sweeping cuts to disability benefits, according to Labour analysis"

Telegraph:

Angela Merkel's CDU suffers German state election setbacks

Independent:

Times:

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

"You can't be religious and appreciate science."

*recites bible verse*

"Wow. I stand corrected and humbled by your wisdom."

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Rorus Raz posted:

Yeah, this was something of a dead news week for the primary.

A surprisingly non-racist caricature from Randy "" Bish.
I'm guessing it changed sometime around January 20th, 2009.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Are religious scientists some great rarity in the rest of the country?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Kumaton posted:

Stop trying to be Jesus Christ Calvin and Hobbes

ftfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Mike Lester - Secret Nostradamus?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rbUH_iVjYw

• Locked thread