Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

less laughter posted:

That list is old, it was made before ORAS. Since then a couple of those have already made their debuts like Ghost/Psychic, Fire/Water, Grass/Dragon and Fairy/Dragon.

I want a terrifying mummy as a Fighting/Ghost.

That would be a cool alt evolution for Yamask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

There needs to be more Flying/Electric and Electric/Water. Electric/Dark also sounds cool

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Jarogue posted:

Electric/Dark also sounds cool

Mega Raichu

It turns evil to take revenge on Pikachu for years of neglect

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
There need to be more electric mixed typings in general.

Literally a third of all current electric typings are exclusive to Rotom Formes. Electric/Fire, Electric/Ice, Electric/Grass, and Electric/Ghost .

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Zore posted:

There need to be more electric mixed typings in general.

Literally a third of all current electric typings are exclusive to Rotom Formes. Electric/Fire, Electric/Ice, Electric/Grass, and Electric/Ghost .

Yeah, electric is one of the types I try to keep at least one of on my in-game teams and the lack of dual typings is an issue. My go-to seems to be Galvantula at this point. As much as I love it, it takes a while to evolve and Joltik is pretty drat weak.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Wow, lots of bad opinions in here, like thinking that NFEs matter and that Typhlosion isn't one of the worst pokemons in existance

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

qnqnx posted:

Wow, lots of bad opinions in here, like thinking that NFEs matter and that Typhlosion isn't one of the worst pokemons in existance

Someone has never heard of Eviolite.

Eviloite Chansey. :argh:

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

qnqnx posted:

go away troll

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Jarogue posted:

There needs to be more Flying/Electric and Electric/Water. Electric/Dark also sounds cool

luxray should've been electric/dark

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I already have Omega Ruby, but I went ahead and bought X too because everyone was saying how great it is. This thread is a bad influence.

Also, apparently the Mythical giveaways are tied to cartridge and not DS account, so now I have two Celebis and will try not to use it to blast through the game this first run. But it's hard because Celebi :3:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Manatee Cannon posted:

luxray should've been electric/dark

Why would the gleaming eyes Pokemon who's name literally means 'ray of light' be a Dark type?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

pokemon are color coded and luxray is black. mostly I just wanted a dark/electric type and the thing looks like it would be

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

because dark types are evil in japanese and it has nothing to do with light

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Why is Brock hideously powerful and why does the entire PRO server seem to think that Nintendo can't take it down because they're still in beta

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

most video game players are idiots and do not have a survey level knowledge of the law

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I've played Phoenix Wright so I'm basically two steps away from being able to pass the bar exam.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Eox posted:

Why is Brock hideously powerful and why does the entire PRO server seem to think that Nintendo can't take it down because they're still in beta

Haha, was that you asking that? I liked the janitor in the help chat calling me a troll and not to worry about it when i said Nintendo can shut it down any time they want.

Anyway, the game seems to be made by pokemon grognards who think that stuff like removing the exp reward after failining a gym battle the first time and tripling the amount of exp required to level up after evolving a pokemon are good features. My advice is to play ultra safe so that you never lose a trainer battle or you will get way behind on xp and have to grind for hours to catch up. Also don't die too much because you lose 5% of your money each death and a bike voucher costs 75k

What's your in game name so i can friend you?

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

CJ posted:

Haha, was that you asking that? I liked the janitor in the help chat calling me a troll and not to worry about it when i said Nintendo can shut it down any time they want.

Anyway, the game seems to be made by pokemon grognards who think that stuff like removing the exp reward after failining a gym battle the first time and tripling the amount of exp required to level up after evolving a pokemon are good features. My advice is to play ultra safe so that you never lose a trainer battle or you will get way behind on xp and have to grind for hours to catch up. Also don't die too much because you lose 5% of your money each death and a bike voucher costs 75k

EoxSA, I'll add you once I get in. Yeah I was the one trying to say the beta distinction literally doesnt matter at all and if Nintendo finds out about this it's all over.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Christo posted:

Find a bright light source (the flash LED on my phone works well) and try to shine it through the cartridge. If it's legit you should see that the plastic is not actually black but a deep, translucent red, like this. This is because Pokemon Black and White have infrared bits inside the cartridge used to communicate with other copies of the game. Bootleggers don't bother with those extra components to keep the cost of down.

Thanks for the advice. I accidentally clicked one without a box and was worried the game would be fake. After opening the package and putting my phone light up to it, I could see through the plastic. Nice/easy way to check for fakes.

edit: and now it's time to transport all the shiny/good pokemon on the save file to my bank before deleting the save.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Mar 14, 2016

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

CJ posted:

This definitely sounds like a game that has learned lessons from the previous 15 years of game design, yes.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Forgot Black/White took out the L=A feature, what a terrible mistake. Also, one of the better small things they did in ORAS was make organize boxes the first choice in your pc.

How Ingratiating!
Sep 7, 2011

Infinite ammo vs. CYBER PUNCH!!

CJ posted:

I found the thread you posted in about PRO's exp rates for evolved Pokemon, and yikes. Looks like no fun lies ahead for me in this game run by 15-year-olds who misread the way exp works in the games. I'll stick to cutesy kiddie MMOs made by adults.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

How Ingratiating! posted:

I found the thread you posted in about PRO's exp rates for evolved Pokemon, and yikes. Looks like no fun lies ahead for me in this game run by 15-year-olds who misread the way exp works in the games. I'll stick to cutesy kiddie MMOs made by adults.

The infuriating part is the illiterate 12 year olds who offer such eloquent counter arguments as "it's an MMO of course u gotta grind", "it's like that in nintendo games" (it isn't), "this game is by pokemon revolution team don't think everything has to be same" and "dont like it dont play".

I wish someone who can form a coherent sentence and is capable of reading a Bulbapedia article to understand how Pokemon systems work would take a stance against me so we can actually argue it out, but it seems everyone capable of that agrees that the system is loving stupid.

EDIT: Unless i'm misremembering how xp division worked in Gen 5 i think they hosed with that as well. If i lead with a level 10 paras and switch to a level 25 Shinx i don't think the Shinx should be getting twice as much xp as the Paras.

CJ fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Mar 14, 2016

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

mabels big day posted:

I've played Phoenix Wright so I'm basically two steps away from being able to pass the bar exam.

all you need is one easy case against an incompetent prosecutor to teach you the basics

How Ingratiating!
Sep 7, 2011

Infinite ammo vs. CYBER PUNCH!!
The funniest part is how they're positive Nintendo won't send them a C&D. Even if that doesn't happen, just wait until the devs start college.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Spacebump posted:

Also, one of the better small things they did in ORAS was make organize boxes the first choice in your pc.
Shout out to everyone else who literally every time goes "down, up, A" after doing this, saving no keystrokes, because Organize Boxes has been in 3rd position for like a decade now.
Don't get me wrong, it's a great change that I fuckin' clamored for, and would still be clamoring for if they hadn't done it, but muscle memory (or whatever it is) is a hell of a thing.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
I just hope Gen 7 has a bunch of small, quality of life changes to make the experience more enjoyable because I know GF isn't gonna change the formula.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Bring back capsule seals. Also, the vs seeker.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

If they bring back capsule seals that needs to be entirely revamped. They were cute, sure, but having to manually take them off to put a Pokemon into the PC got absolutely tedious.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Diet Poison posted:

Shout out to everyone else who literally every time goes "down, up, A" after doing this, saving no keystrokes, because Organize Boxes has been in 3rd position for like a decade now.
Don't get me wrong, it's a great change that I fuckin' clamored for, and would still be clamoring for if they hadn't done it, but muscle memory (or whatever it is) is a hell of a thing.

I've learned it the right way now.

*sneakily tries to hide the 999:59*

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Diet Poison posted:

The worst part is when I go back to X/Y my new muscle memory doesn't work anymore. And then I unlearn it and then I go back to OR/AS and need to learn again.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Holy poo poo, somehow I managed to not learn about flying with Latios until now this is fantastic.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Holy poo poo, somehow I managed to not learn about flying with Latios until now this is fantastic.

Best of all it doesnt need to be with you for you to use it.

Hell you can still use it even if you wonder trade it away or release it.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Dexie posted:

Someone has never heard of Eviolite.

Eviloite Chansey. :argh:

Knock off

majormonotone posted:

go away troll

Looks like someone has a case of the hurt feelings in the face of truth

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Enjoying X so far. Little different than ORAS but I'm getting used to the little things. However I need to know why Quilladin exists. It's like Pinocchio had sex with a beach ball.

seriously why? I did not sign up for this

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Axel Serenity posted:

Enjoying X so far. Little different than ORAS but I'm getting used to the little things. However I need to know why Quilladin exists. It's like Pinocchio had sex with a beach ball.

At least it's not Remoraid, which has the single most nonsensical evolution in the series. (Same generation, oddly enough.)

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Axel Serenity posted:

It's goofy looking, but cute in its own way once you get used to it.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Zonekeeper posted:

At least it's not Remoraid, which has the single most nonsensical evolution in the series. (Same generation, oddly enough.)

You're thinking of Qwilfish.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Dabir posted:

You're thinking of Qwilfish.

Dammit. :doh: Stupid forgettable middle evolutions. My point about Remoraid still stands. (Yes I know that the logic is supposed to be pistol fish -> octopus cannon, but it's a loving vertebrate that turns into a mollusk.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Zonekeeper posted:

It's a gun that evolves into a turret, that's not weird at all

• Locked thread