Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Spaced God posted:

MVP is good and all, but nothing beats the "USA" chant that started towards the end of Frank West's story at Live 3.

That is the only thing I want to remember about that reading :ohdear:

I preferred "READ IT! READ IT!" turning very quickly into "DON'T READ IT! DON'T READ IT!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
The despair in the room was palpable during that drat reading.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I've never heard that reading, goodbye!

Squint
Jul 14, 2007

Extremely Not Bad

MooCowlian posted:

I've never heard that reading, goodbye!

Splendid! Don't let anyone tell you you should. I was there. As Frank West kept reading, his arms very gradually raised higher and higher, as though police were advancing on him in slow motion with guns drawn.

Squint fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Feb 29, 2016

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
however you absolutely must listen to frank's reading of bipartisanship

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jesus gently caress, I just finished listening to my first Lou Reads episode: 145 - Naughty Confessions.

That was disgusting, probably even moreso than a lot of F Plus episodes :barf:

I will absolutely listen to more of these.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Yeah, Lou does a lot of stuff that the F Plus probably wouldn't touch because it's too disgusting/sad/offensive to have fun with. Have fun!

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Listen to Tales of Anal Destruction next.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

chaos rhames posted:

Downloading that one now, along with like 10 other tantalizing episodes I found while looking for that one :shepicide:

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
That smiley will never be more appropriate.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
:loureads: should probably alias to that, tbh

or :smithicide:

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

:smithicide: has the wrong facial expression. Anal destruction is very much :shepicide: but it's not really sad. It's disturbing rather than depressing.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

chaos rhames posted:

Ah yes, the first ten or so minutes that made me screen every episode :(

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Anal destruction is so far over the edge that it stopped being gross to me. It's so amazing.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

watho posted:

Anal destruction is so far over the edge that it stopped being gross to me. It's so amazing.

I can't hate the episode that gave me the phrase "sloppy punch-hole."

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Isn't that the one where someone suggests propelling yourself through water by shooting a water jet out of your rear end too?

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

the one with the title about Squat Crackers is the first i remember.

It also had an immediate follow up of Bozarth yelling "HO LY poo poo! HO LY poo poo!"

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Spaced God posted:

MVP is good and all, but nothing beats the "USA" chant that started towards the end of Frank West's story at Live 3.

That is the only thing I want to remember about that reading :ohdear:

"Can we go back to talking about 9/11"

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
Another live cooking episode. Neat!

EDIT: I was led astray by the title and the pictures. It doesn't appear to be mainly about cooking at all.

my girlfriend is Legos fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Mar 6, 2016

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Holy poo poo they're eating the bananas.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Lou reminds us that GBS is no longer the cutting edge of stories about making GBS threads yourself anymore.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Those bananas probably have a lot of fuckin' whiskey soaked in them.

Woodford is delicious and all but that's probably a pretty intense experience.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I can't imagine any whisk(e)y would survive marinating a loving banana. Or vice versa.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
I've never been more entertained by the readers' apathy than with that goddamn My Little Pony creepypasta.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I can't imagine any whisk(e)y would survive marinating a loving banana. Or vice versa.

I can't either, simply because if I was at the point in my life where I thought letting a banana soak in whiskey was a good idea, I would be at the point in my life where drinking an entire bottle of whiskey out of the bottle in one sitting would be more likely, making the Banana Surprise a non-issue.

e: "Weaponized boring" is a pretty good way to describe that pony story, holy moley :geno:

RyokoTK fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Mar 7, 2016

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

guys, the cd was called "creepy". it like, explicitly says how you should feel about it, but you're not doing it!

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

guys, the cd was called "creepy". it like, explicitly says how you should feel about it, but you're not doing it!

But creepy has so many meanings

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
"As if creepy is a real word" Lemon, 2015

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I've listened to almost every F-Plus episode , it's perfect for podcast games.

Is there anything similar to it? I take it Lou Reads follows the same formula?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Phlegmish posted:

Lou Reads the Internet for YOU! is the same formula only it's just him reading material straight with minimal commentary or riffing. I Don't Even Own A Television gets brought up a lot in this thread too, it's basically F-Plus only with people reading and riffing on actual published literature instead of random gonzo internet posts.

If you like weird internet stuff then Reply All (and the first 30-something episodes of TLDR until the original hosts leave and it becomes a women's issues podcast and shuts down after ten eps because the new host slandered some activist) are good.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

Sleeveless posted:

]and the first 30-something episodes of TLDR until the original hosts leave and it becomes a women's issues podcast and shuts down after ten eps because the new host slandered some activist

what

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Phlegmish posted:

Just listen to the episodes again, trust me, I'm an expert

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

PJ Vogt and Alex Goldman, the current hosts of Reply All, used to run TLDR. After 38 episodes they left and the show was taken over by Meredith Haggerty, who wasn't bad but shifted the focus to be more about women on the internet, like bad Tinder pick-up lines and women game reviewers getting harassed, and even the weird internet stuff got more lady-focused like online horoscope authors and "sweepers" (the sweepstakes equivalent of extreme couponing). Then she did an episode on a guy named Vivek Wadhwa criticizing his role as an "ally" to women in tech and he had a huge hissyfit online about how they were committing libel and they didn't fact-check claims in the episode or reach out to him for an interview. So they had to take down the episode and issue an apology.

Here's a breakdown of it. They never officially said it was the reason why but I don't think it's a coincidence that the podcast stopped a month after she had to take down their podcast on Wadhwa and issue an apology.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Phlegmish posted:

Lou Reads is broadly similar in that it's about stupid Internet poo poo, but almost nothing else about them is alike. That one's great, but I'd also recommend The Flop House if you want a similar brand of rapid-fire comedy with lots of in-jokes and pop culture references delivered by goofballs with weird voices. (It also has a friggin' wiki for getting a handle on the in-jokes without needing to have followed the show from the beginning or combed through every episode.)

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
If you want weird stories about weird events and people in American or sometimes Australian history, The Dollop puts out some funny stuff. The episode closest in subject matter to The F Plus would probably be episode 3, Competitive Endurance Tickling, so I recommend at least that one.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Red Minjo posted:

If you want weird stories about weird events and people in American or sometimes Australian history, The Dollop puts out some funny stuff. The episode closest in subject matter to The F Plus would probably be episode 3, Competitive Endurance Tickling, so I recommend at least that one.

Or the One Taste episode they did last week. It's great.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Phlegmish posted:

If you haven't started on Lou Reads already, listen to the currently-previous episode, number 147 in which he reads from this TCC thread. It's amazing and now I'm gonna have to listen to the entire back catalog, aren't I?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I enjoyed the Lou episode where a man wanted a patron to support him in his anus stretching quest, but could not make it through the one where the man covered a urinal in saran wrap so he could sneak in and drink strangers' piss. I think that podcast is a bit too rich for my blood.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

I enjoyed the Lou episode where a man wanted a patron to support him in his anus stretching quest, but could not make it through the one where the man covered a urinal in saran wrap so he could sneak in and drink strangers' piss. I think that podcast is a bit too rich for my blood.

The ones about making people drink piss or eat poo poo against their will are the hardest to listen to.

Was there more than one reading that made Lou give up? I remember him reading some crazy prepper talk about North Korea and global politics, and Lou just stopped and said "this is bullshit. gently caress this" and went on to the next thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

X-Ray Pecs posted:

The ones about making people drink piss or eat poo poo against their will are the hardest to listen to.

Agreed. The CumOnFood episode has a whole lot of discussion about stealth-feeding cum to people through the food, which is totally hosed up.