Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

KataraniSword posted:

That's what Record Dive is for. Notice more and more characters are getting Record Dive trees.

Also, MC3 (or arguably 4) is absolutely as far as they can go, given that I can't imagine Square giving them the OK to go past Lv99 on characters; it's not a very Final Fantasy thing to do.

I imagine they'll do it so MC3 gets you to level 90, and MC4 gets you to 99. I mean, it takes a long time to distribute MCs for as many characters at there are now, and they must have realistic expectations that they can't milk this game for more than another year or two, tops.

But maybe you're right and they'll just lean on Record Dives for a while, even though they're apparently being so stingy with the materials that you can hardly do anything with the system even if you just concentrate on one or two characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Record Dive isn't as stingy now as it was at first. We get about 75 three-star fragments per event now, which is roughly as many as you need (though obviously not in the right proportions) to fully master a tier one class for one character. Four-star fragments are basically nonexistent, though.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Trying Adel again. Auron instead of Cloud and I did the SB gauge thing so I have a full SB gauge for Auron for shooting star and Yuna with earthmend. I've spent two mythril so far and gotten abilities and defensive stats+10%. It's probably going to take about 10 to beat her at this rate. Even with the 10% bonus Ultima absolutely eats me up, and apparently it casts meteor also when its health gets low. Yikes! But the orbs will be worth it. Unless I have to go beyond 10 then I don't know what I'll do. At least I'm at like 438 right now.

edit: drat Auron's Res REALLY sucks. I'm almost wondering if I should cut my losses here and forget about this boss instead of spending more mythril on it. Adel hits my party huge with Ultima even with mitigations on, and then follows it up with a bunch of AOE quake attacks. I don't have the means of healing my party quick enough.

If it were mostly single target magic attacks this thing was using it wouldn't be a big deal because I could just S/L until I got lucky with its targeting but the rate at which it uses group attacks means my worst RES guy keeps getting whacked.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Mar 13, 2016

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Schwartzcough posted:

I imagine they'll do it so MC3 gets you to level 90, and MC4 gets you to 99. I mean, it takes a long time to distribute MCs for as many characters at there are now, and they must have realistic expectations that they can't milk this game for more than another year or two, tops.

I think they will definitely try to get more than 1-2 years out of this game. It won't be popular forever, but it looks to have a significantly longer shelf-life than most mobile games. Could be MC3 gets you to 90, MC4 to 95, Ultimate MC to 99. Meanwhile the focus is shifting from MC's to Record Dive, more powerful relic equipment, SSB/BSB stat boosts, and 6* abilities becoming the norm. Not to mention whatever next year's new gimmick is. And if there's more money to be made, I don't see anything stopping them from breaking the level cap beyond 99.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Also they've given themselves room to grow with the Record Dive system. They can demonstrably add more classes to each character (since Tyro has twice as many as anyone else), and by dividing the materials for it the way they have (3 star materials for tier one classes, 4 star materials for tier two classes), they obviously leave the door open for even more advanced/specialized classes with 5 star or even 6 star materials down the line.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

McDragon posted:

I like the timing on this IX event. Just after I beat the realm Elite Desert Palace and Mt Gulug. It's nice to have easy versions of Valia Pira and Meltigemini to slap about. They were just jarringly weak compared to the Elite fuckers.

It's not just me then; I've had basically no trouble with the IX event so far, though I haven't done Meltigemini yet, but when I decided to go back and do the elite VIII stages, they've been considerably more challenging. Not that I mind; I want as much IX stuff as possible and me actually being able to do it is certainly good for me.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

KataraniSword posted:

That's what Record Dive is for. Notice more and more characters are getting Record Dive trees.

Also, MC3 (or arguably 4) is absolutely as far as they can go, given that I can't imagine Square giving them the OK to go past Lv99 on characters; it's not a very Final Fantasy thing to do.

Yeah I imagine MC3s will take characters to 99 and that will be the absolute limit. But handing out those to everyone will take up what, another year's worth of events? They'll get there eventually. Like you said though, I imagine they'll expand Record Dive to a lot more characters first. Japan is just starting to get to the point where they can save up enough fragments to max out a single character so I think we can fairly say that system is still in relative infancy.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Officially quitting Adel after four mythril spent. It ain't happening--my collective RES is just too low(and this is about the best I can put together!) and I'm not spending like 25 mythril till it's good enough. The orbs are good, but not quite that good!

I would have kept going if I were getting her anywhere close to death but I couldn't. As soon as that thing hit half health I was FUBAR.

Bring on SSB now so I can(hopefully!) beat more of these things!!

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Mar 13, 2016

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
What RW are you using for Adel? If you can handle her standard group magic just fine without Sentinel's Grimoire, consider hunting down a Dreamstage RW; it's not only a strong party heal, but it'll also give everyone Magic Blink, allowing them to survive one magic attack (so you could cast it as she's charging Ultima).

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

ApplesandOranges posted:

What RW are you using for Adel? If you can handle her standard group magic just fine without Sentinel's Grimoire, consider hunting down a Dreamstage RW; it's not only a strong party heal, but it'll also give everyone Magic Blink, allowing them to survive one magic attack (so you could cast it as she's charging Ultima).

I was using Advantilate as it was the only possible way for me to deal enough damage. Without it I was hosed. Like I said, I just need better stuff period. Only thing I had with ff8 synergy was Betrayal Sword and a 4* ten-gallon hat. If I sacrifice anymore offense for defense I'm screwed. I quit it anyway it's no big deal. 4 myth ain't gonna break me. I'm not gonna be here during the SSB thing saying "man I wish I had that four mythril" :D. I'm not going to try it again.

Even with Full break, Magic Breakdown, and Shellga all up she was whomping me with her strong aoe spells. Too bad I don't have Dismissal it might have helped me.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Mar 13, 2016

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Since we are on daylight savings time now, we will have to wait until 9 tonight eastern time for the update to the FFRK anniversary website I assume :(

I read we are getting the hall of rites on the 17th which would be cool, hopefully the abyss battles and SSB fest will be coming soon too!

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Well I've been slacking on the FF8 event so I'm just now about to do the +++ fight after breezing through the + and ++ with ease.

Its looking like I should just load up with mitigation and then ruinga/quake/bladeblitz/maudin aoes?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

The anniversary site has updated but somebody didn't get the memo and access to the thing is "forbidden". It doesn't look like much, anyway.

On the bright side there are now more quiz questions to answer.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Fortune Eggs up.

I'm destined to be Notorious Ninja. My lucky person is Spellblade.

This is weird, its all about sharing your result for some reason? It's kind of cute, anyone get a FF wallpaper out of it?

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Mindful Monk

...looking for...

Bard

Edit: And my FF Hero is Squall. Considering I own a replica of his lion's head pendant, I think that is fitting.

Benthalus fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Mar 14, 2016

Pointsman
Oct 9, 2010

If you see me posting about fitness
ASK ME HOW MY HELLRAISER TRAINING IS GOING
Baudy Berserker seeking Viking

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Going from the in-game annoucement, if 10,000 people do the "Fortune Egg" thing, we all get 3 Mythril, 2 Major Growth Eggs, and a trivial amount of Gil.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

rujasu posted:

Going from the in-game annoucement, if 10,000 people do the "Fortune Egg" thing, we all get 3 Mythril, 2 Major Growth Eggs, and a trivial amount of Gil.

Going from the anniversary website, we've already cleared that mark by a fair margin. The site's been up fifteen, twenty minutes at most.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I'm an Overworked Warrior and my lucky person is Monk. The second half is fitting seeing as my boyfriend is a huge monk enthusiast with this series. :V

Oh and my FF Hero was Lightning. Eh, I could've gotten worse.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
An Auspicious Summoner looking for a Black Mage.

My "hero" is Kefka. That's a little ominous.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Smartphone only? That sucks

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Nihilarian posted:

Yeah, the whole anniversary site was designed with phones in mind, it's clunky and ugly and unoptimized in other browsers but actually works decently well on mobile.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Eh, I could've gotten worse.

I see that Kimahri is an option and feel sorry for the poor sap who gets saddled with a wallpaper of that unholy mess of a sprite.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Nihilarian posted:

Well, see, it's really important that they make it smartphone only. To get your egg, you need to shake your phone, which clearly is a vital part of the egg-finding process and cannot be skipped. If they let people do it from their PC's, you'd have a bunch of dumb kids grabbing their monitors, towers, or laptops and trying to shake those! Think of the children, kupo!

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Nanny Knight seeks Thief.

And my Spirit Animal is Cyan apparently.

... Okay?

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

I'm a studious Spellblade with a lucky Ranger. How droll. But more importantly, everybody go correctly answer our quiz round 2: http://anniversary.finalfantasyrecordkeeper.com/quiz/

C- Shumi
B- chest
A - Terra
A - 1st Class SOLDIER
C - Crown Prince of Eblan

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013
I did the egg thing but it wouldnt let me scroll in bluestacks to see what it was.

Tried it on my phone and I get a browser error because my phone doesnt like the Anniversary site

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Aimless Ranger, lucky person is a Spellblade. How does this work exactly?

Schwartzcough posted:

I'm a studious Spellblade with a lucky Ranger. How droll.

Oh hey, we mirror each other. Neat.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

So is it just like a personality quiz or something?

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Nihilarian posted:

So is it just like a personality quiz or something?

Randomly generated personality, kind of like a fortune cookie. :v:

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I can't do the Fortune Egg on my tablet. :wtc:

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
My first attempt was bugged, it was something Summoner and something another.

The one I CAN read is Resolute Red Mage and lucky person is a Viking...?

Huh, whatever.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I'm a Bashful Bard with lucky Ranger!

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Drifting Dragoon, lucky Knight. I ended up with Fang's wallpaper.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
I got Snow as my hero. He was made for this.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
White Mage with a Berserker lucky person. Got...Ramza as my hero? Well alright.

Edit: Also looks like theyre giving out prizes for hitting certain benchmarks. Within an hour all but the last one was hit, I don't think they counted on nerds obsessively racking up eggs.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I got mindful monk and my lucky person was gladiator. This is... something. My FF Hero is Rydia since I had to reroll since I closed the tab before checking. :shrug:

46k fortune eggs so far. They either wanted to make sure we hit all the milestones or they have very low expectations of their players.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Evil Fluffy posted:

I got mindful monk and my lucky person was gladiator. This is... something. My FF Hero is Rydia since I had to reroll since I closed the tab before checking. :shrug:

46k fortune eggs so far. They either wanted to make sure we hit all the milestones or they have very low expectations of their players.

I figure the former. That's also why the quiz is basic "did you play the game" and/or "can you search google" stuff where only the majority has to pick the right answer.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

I have used every bit of stamina to run the EXP daily today and the Ace Pilot RM hasn't activated once. C'mooon already!

KataraniSword posted:

I figure the former. That's also why the quiz is basic "did you play the game" and/or "can you search google" stuff where only the majority has to pick the right answer.

This second set of questions seemed slightly tougher than the first. Maybe they're ramping up.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
My first Ultimate, Adel Down and Mastered! Hoo boy that's a rush.

My hones were fairly low, most stuff at r3 or 4. I spent 2 mythril, one went to HP, one to ability uses. As I realized I was losing each fight I saved SB gauge for the refresh, by the third one I had 3 gauges on everyone at the start of the fight and it was all downhill for Adel from there.

-Cloud has Blade Beam, and I just blew my third full gauge on BB and refilled it with Lifesiphon the whole fight til Adel was at 30% or so, then used all my gauges and shifted to doublestriking Gilgamesh.
-Gilgamesh pretty much did nothing but armor strike, swapping to alternating with retaliate near the end, with the occasional Morphing Time.
-Zidane has Scoop Art, and would steal power before using multiple SBs in a row with haste and armor breakdown up. When he wasn't blowing multihit SBs he would just use tempo Flurry on Adel, I wasn't sure if she was immune to slow but I never saw it proc.
-Y'shtola had stoneskin II and rocked breakdowns. Armor BD wasn't fantastic but I kept it up whenever I had time and it pulled its weight.
-Selphie had Dreamstage, and it was probably my MVP here alongside SSII. Using it would just utterly neuter Adel for a few turns afterward. She autoattacked a whole bunch in between heals and shells.

My RW was Mighty Guard, although I could have taken a flames of war and most likely been way more effective.

This taught me a lot about buff timers, I now know how to effectively use Y'shtola's SSII where I used to just bring RW wall anyway. I didn't realize that she wasn't gaining SB gauge from attacking my retaliators.

Having shell, Magic Breakdown, and Wall up reduced damage to 800-1.5k for all Adel's attacks. Without it I was taking 4-6k. Adel uses shell as her first move every time, giving you a free turn at the start to get at least 2/3 mitigating abilities up. I was scared of what would happen as she got low on health, so I saved the majority of my firepower for the end.

Retaliate works perfectly well in this fight and that's likely the biggest reason I beat it without using more mythril. I'm still not great at judging buff timers and wish I could see buff times remaining on the pause screen or something. When I have haste up or down randomly for different characters and multiple buffs each character does it winds up being a big mess, I've used shell or retaliate twice in a row without realizing a few times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
I'm assuming someone would have figured this out by now but since there is that little sparkle at the beginning of the battle when ace pilot activates it makes me want to try and s/l at the start of the battle to see if you can save scum it.

• Locked thread