Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009
http://i.imgur.com/t2DoSyr.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A_Bluenoser
Jan 13, 2008
...oh where could that fish be?...
Nap Ghost

When instinct and training take over .gifv

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
http://i.imgur.com/9FLolrt.webm

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Aerdan posted:

There are actually some chiropractors who are competent with bone-related issues

I find that hard to believe.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

There are some chiropractors who happen to make you feel better as a result of giving you a massage, but there are massage therapists who can do that probably cheaper without giving undue credit to the practice which includes the spine subluxation nonsense.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo
Unrelated to the previous video: 400lb 5'2" woman on a scooter gets stuck in the door while trying to shoplift

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

Please don't drop the equipment.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Out of curiosity, I plugged this into a BMI calculator.
73.2. :stare:

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

That just makes me sad. :( It's way less cute than the dog.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

How did she get into the store in the first place?

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Polaron posted:

She was thin before she reached the bacon aisle.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Polaron posted:

I'm guessing that the shopper scooters were in the foyer so she walked into the store and her body has a different configuration when she walks than when she's sitting down. When she settles she really settles.

Or the entry door is a double door, probably

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I'm assuming that she fits through the door when standing but was planning on riding the scooter back to her car and ditching it in the parking lot because that's what 98% of people using those scooters do.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

I'm assuming that she fits through the door when standing but was planning on riding the scooter back to her car and ditching it in the parking lot because that's what 98% of people using those scooters do.

this is actually fine though cuz then an employee gets to ride it back when it's time to bring the carts in

source: me and some other guys having the shittiest scooter races when I worked retail

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I'm guessing that the shopper scooters were in the foyer so she walked waddled into the store and her body has a different configuration when she walks waddles than when she's sitting down.

Fixed that for you.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

FlyinPingu posted:

this is actually fine though cuz then an employee gets to ride it back when it's time to bring the carts in

source: me and some other guys having the shittiest scooter races when I worked retail

Or a cripple wants to use them only to find out none of the ones in the parking lot have battery left because all the fats somehow ran the battery dry in the store.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I can't be the only person walking around Wal-Mart and wondering why I kept hearing trucks backing up. It took like 3 visits before I realized it was scooters.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Nuebot posted:

Or a cripple wants to use them only to find out none of the ones in the parking lot have battery left because all the fats somehow ran the battery dry in the store.

Oh, there's no 'somehow' about it. Those Rascal scooters have something like a 200-250lb weight limit, so when you get someone riding one who grossly exceeds that the poor motor works itself to death and drains the battery in half the time.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
Shopping scooters is a thing in america? :aaaaa:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

They're technically supposed to be for the elderly, or the physically disabled. It just so happens that many people's disability is being grossly overweight.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

SpacePig posted:

They're technically supposed to be for the elderly, or the physically disabled. It just so happens that many people's disability is being grossly overweight.

Or just lazy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHbT0TMF-XI

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
That kid was so ineffective. If he got an AXE spray bottle and sprayed on the other girl's face it would be over instantly.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

It used to be a staple of these threads posting photos of fat people on scooters in the line for drive through mcdonalds etc. It's actually pretty depressing once you get over the novelty.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

PoptartsNinja posted:

Oh, there's no 'somehow' about it. Those Rascal scooters have something like a 200-250lb weight limit, so when you get someone riding one who grossly exceeds that the poor motor works itself to death and drains the battery in half the time.

When I worked for an amusement park, our scooters were rented out and we had a 350 pound limit on them, which we didn't tell people until after they stated their weight on the paperwork. There were a lot of people angry that because they were over 400 pounds, this was a Bring Your Own Heavy Duty Mobility Scooter situation. That said, the majority of the people who used them were grandparents who wanted to see their grandchildren have fun at the park.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Surprise surprise, kid raised by lovely mother is also a piece of poo poo. God I hate white people.

Oh right, white people and chiropractors. My aunt posted on facebook about taking her grandkid that is under 1 year old for her "first adjustment". This is the same cousin that had been to rehab twice before 21 and on a Fox reality show. Yay for white trash.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

SpacePig posted:

Back when I worked as a retail manager I would not let fat people use the scooters, unless they had a cane or walker or something with them. They really liked to throw "discrimination" out instantly when I told them it was for disabled people only. Of course its "discrimination." Thats why I'm not gonna let a teenager ride around on it either. loving moron.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Eponine posted:

When I worked for an amusement park, our scooters were rented out and we had a 350 pound limit on them, which we didn't tell people until after they stated their weight on the paperwork. There were a lot of people angry that because they were over 400 pounds, this was a Bring Your Own Heavy Duty Mobility Scooter situation. That said, the majority of the people who used them were grandparents who wanted to see their grandchildren have fun at the park.

They have a purpose. The problem is lazy asses tooling around on Rascals actually hurt disabled people because it creates a stigma. Are people going to think you're lazy or are you really disabled? If you are bone-drying old at least people assume you belong on the scooter.

I look forward to the day when someone's scooter runs over someone else's service-dog. Preferably in the gluten-free aisle at the supermarket.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Really loving fat people are the worst. I don't mind a big fat normal person but when youre at the point when you audibly wheeze just breathing or use those scooters cuz you can't walk more than 15 minutes it's time to just stay home and die at 50.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I don't mind fat people using the scooters if they really, genuinely are in a bad enough way that they can't walk through the supermarket without difficulty. But it seems like they are more indignant than old people or the otherwise disabled. Like, an old person might get mad that something is in their way, but people are usually polite enough to move for them. Most fat people I see will sooner just push carts around or knock over displays than wait a second. It's purely anecdotal, and I'm sure that there are some people in this category that are perfectly pleasant. I just haven't really encountered any myself.

e: Like Kareem said, it creates a stigma. If you see a large person on a scooter, do you think they might have a genuine disability in addition the being overweight? Or do you think they're just lazy assholes who will run you over without batting an eye?

SpacePig has a new favorite as of 15:47 on Mar 14, 2016

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
The best dashcam video ever, this truck driver falls asleep at the wheel and goes on an adventure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5XM6r7GiUI

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Slugnoid posted:

The best dashcam video ever, this truck driver falls asleep at the wheel and goes on an adventure.

Where is the anomaly?

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Kill 2 birds with 1 stone with fat people and scooters - ditch the scooters and replace them all with fold-up wheelchairs. Oh, fatty can't fit in the chair? Too bad, start walking or have someone else do your shopping while you wait. Oh, too tired or heavy to roll yourself around the store? That's your own fault for turning into a giant waste of fat space.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

veedubfreak posted:

Surprise surprise, kid raised by lovely mother is also a piece of poo poo. God I hate white people.

Oh right, white people and chiropractors. My aunt posted on facebook about taking her grandkid that is under 1 year old for her "first adjustment". This is the same cousin that had been to rehab twice before 21 and on a Fox reality show. Yay for white trash.

That is kind of terrifying. I'm pretty sure I've seen more than a few stories about a chiropractor accidentally breaking an infant's neck because they have no idea what the hell they're doing.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Slugnoid posted:

What's up with the very end where it looks like the camera is banking up over trees?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Slugnoid posted:

The angle of the camera is kind of disorienting. There was a point where I thought the truck was tipping over, and than another where it seemed like it launched into the air, but with no noticeable shaking when it landed. Weird.

Ozz81 posted:

Kill 2 birds with 1 stone with fat people and scooters - ditch the scooters and replace them all with fold-up wheelchairs. Oh, fatty can't fit in the chair? Too bad, start walking or have someone else do your shopping while you wait. Oh, too tired or heavy to roll yourself around the store? That's your own fault for turning into a giant waste of fat space.

A collapsible wheelchair is a lot easier to steal from the store than a heavy power scooter that a person probably doesn't have the means to charge at home. It's hard enough to keep people from stealing regular carts for scrap or whatever.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Krispy Kareem posted:

I look forward to the day when someone's scooter runs over someone else's service-dog. Preferably in the gluten-free aisle at the supermarket.

Now I'm picturing a team of service dogs pulling a Rascal.

Poor dogs :(

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Ozz81 posted:

Not everyone with a disability goes shopping with someone able-bodied who can push the wheelchair.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

chitoryu12 posted:

What's up with the very end where it looks like the camera is banking up over trees?

It's a very light truck. You could say it was ultralight.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

chitoryu12 posted:

Yeah that's no truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

the truck driver is dreaming of flying