Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clockwork automaton
May 2, 2007

You've probably never heard of them.

Fun Shoe

Wanamingo posted:

Really good, holy poo poo

I just bought this too for my tea - trying to keep myself from adding tons of sugar and this does the trick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
I got a light to go over the dining table. The accent wall behind it will be something close to Tiffany blue, so it should pop nicely.

link

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

NotAnArtist posted:

I like the idea, but they really dropped the ball by calling it Oi and not having the bell produce an extremely loud voice sample of an irate Australian shouting "OI!" instead

I'd have it shout Oi a few times, but the 3rd ring shouts "Get out the fukin' way ya kant!"

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Horse Clocks posted:

I'd have it shout Oi a few times, but the 3rd ring shouts "Get out the fukin' way ya kant!"

Frankston posted:

Gonna start a kickstarter for just this very purpose

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Aesop Poprock posted:

I just bought the 8" version of this for my retard boyfriend and he's probably gonna poo poo himself after I give it to him tomorrow after his culinary school sim

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/prod...c=PRODUCTSEARCH

Stick with the prod. It will stun your opponents or knock them unconscious. A nonlethal takedown is always the most silent way to eliminate resistance.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Decrepus posted:

Stick with the prod. It will stun your opponents or knock them unconscious. A nonlethal takedown is always the most silent way to eliminate resistance.

New Deus Ex lookin good.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

culinary school sim

culinary school sim?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
my dad and i just went in on this

chicagobutters
Sep 7, 2015
Just got one of these for tonight; this isn't for nostalgia, I live out in the country and Uber doesn't operate out here. I hope they show up! Stay safe folks!

They never showed up.

chicagobutters has a new favorite as of 06:13 on Mar 13, 2016

laylow
Jan 24, 2008
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Excellent!

Love those. How's it taste?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

laylow posted:

Excellent!

The 13 Short Fanta Novels? Orange.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

FordPRefectLL posted:

Tail's on backwards :colbert:

Also which one of you is the dentist? All mooney owners are dentists... (congrats)

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

laylow posted:

Excellent!

You can get lube in any flavor.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

FordPRefectLL posted:

M20J?

Very nice looking. If you didn't already know, there's a great Aviation Megathread in ask/tell and I'd love to see more pics of it.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

overdesigned posted:

Also which one of you is the dentist? All mooney owners are dentists... (congrats)

neither, we're bucking the trend!!!!

Rolo posted:

M20J?

Very nice looking. If you didn't already know, there's a great Aviation Megathread in ask/tell and I'd love to see more pics of it.

yep M20J. i'll go and look that up and post some more pics when i have em, gonna fly my dad to stockton to pick it up in our other plane next weekend

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:

wigbot v2.0 posted:

Turned up today after ordering and forgetting about it...

And it works. £4 well spent.

Those things overheat big time, to the point of melting, be careful.

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010
Just got this....

Now before everyone starts shouting that it's a piece of poo poo, don't worry I know from getting an Apollo as a kid that even for Halfords shitte that their bloody awful.
But I picked it up because I'm sick of sitting in traffic jams at the end of every day shift and I'm sure I can ride the 1.7 miles home quicker than it takes to sit in a car.
So I thought just pick up the cheapest new bike I can find and give it a try and I'm sure since I'll only be using twice a day for around ten days of the month it'll survive.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I bought some corned beef brisket on sale at the grocery store, and a cabbage. Today they're going in a pot of boiling water for the appropriate times.

Can't wait for the farts!

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

PCOS Bill posted:

I bought some corned beef brisket on sale at the grocery store, and a cabbage. Today they're going in a pot of boiling water for the appropriate times.

something something Trump/Trump fart gag

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

PCOS Bill posted:

Not the same but, the weather is getting nice now and I have an itch to put a brisket in the smoker. There will also be beer, pickled eggs, cabbage, and farts. :gas:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I heart bacon posted:

Not the same but, the weather is getting nice now and I have an itch to put a brisket in the smoker. There will also be beer, pickled eggs, cabbage, and farts. :gas:

Eh, I've been smoking all winter, I'm almost getting tired of smoked meat I've done so much in the last few months since I got my smoker

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Fozaldo posted:

Those things overheat big time, to the point of melting, be careful.

Those pads specifically, or wireless chargers in general? Because they're definitely fine overall.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I bought a green hoodie. It's pretty comfy.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

colas posted:

culinary school sim?

It's a dining room simulation at his school where they have to cook a 3-course meal with 3-4 choices for each on a menu they create, and have the other students act as servers and line cooks under them. They have a room that's basically set up as a small restaurant dining room. His went really well, it was a bunch of people from his family, some friends, me, and a bunch of people from his teacher's family too.

He went crazy when I have him the knife afterwards too

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

It's a dining room simulation at his school where they have to cook a 3-course meal with 3-4 choices for each on a menu they create, and have the other students act as servers and line cooks under them. They have a room that's basically set up as a small restaurant dining room. His went really well, it was a bunch of people from his family, some friends, me, and a bunch of people from his teacher's family too.

He went crazy when I have him the knife afterwards too

Ok, I assumed it was a new game on Steam like the Truck Driving one. Like, just go to culinary school or drive a truck irl.

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?
One of these fancy doodads they were on sale for 120$ for the gently caress you ads version.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

FordPRefectLL posted:

gonna fly my dad to stockton to pick it up in our other plane next weekend

Congrats winning at life, that's awesome

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Hrvstmn31 posted:

One of these fancy doodads they were on sale for 120$ for the gently caress you ads version.

I actually like the ad version and it occasionally gives coupons. I used one to get a wall charger for the kindle for $5 off. You can always upgrade to ad-free later.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

rotaryfun posted:

Congrats winning at life, that's awesome

You, too, could apply yourself, earn your pilots license, and buy a small plane that costs about what a really nice BMW would.

I believe in you.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Krypt-OOO-Nite!! posted:

Just got this....

Now before everyone starts shouting that it's a piece of poo poo, don't worry I know from getting an Apollo as a kid that even for Halfords shitte that their bloody awful.
But I picked it up because I'm sick of sitting in traffic jams at the end of every day shift and I'm sure I can ride the 1.7 miles home quicker than it takes to sit in a car.
So I thought just pick up the cheapest new bike I can find and give it a try and I'm sure since I'll only be using twice a day for around ten days of the month it'll survive.

As someone who used to work for Halfords many moons ago, some of the Apollo range are actually fairly decent bikes. Back when I was there, the Apollo Gradient was a drat fine bike for the money, fully rigid, weirdo looking frame but the parts that hung off it were actually solid, worked well and didn't need to be adjusted every other week unlike some other bikes.

Also Halfords gets points for naming a bike 'Apollo Creed' which is a joke nobody ever got...

If stuff goes wrong with it, take it straight back to the shop and they'll look it over. There were a few spot buy bikes we got in that were outright garbage, dangerous bags of poo poo that I refused to sell. The Excel that used to be a big seller (blue y-frame full suspension thing) went from being produced in the far East to Poland and when that happened, quality dropped dramatically, particularly in terms of braking, a fairly important aspect of bike safety. I took to doing warranty repairs on those and fitting £30 Shimano v-brake sets, decent ones, until the manager took note that the ones fitted from the factory were utter shite. So please take it back if poo poo starts to go wrong, don't kick up too much of a fuss but know that your bike should work and not need constant fettling to keep it sweet.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Krypt-OOO-Nite!! posted:

Just got this....

Now before everyone starts shouting that it's a piece of poo poo,

For a 2 mile ride, twice a day, there is almost no basic cruiser you can buy that won't work for you.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

blarzgh posted:

For a 2 mile ride, twice a day, there is almost no basic cruiser you can buy that won't work for you.

As a fat unfit person I'd say anything under ten miles is OK with a granny bike or whatever (unless there's a lot of hills in which case you need gwars unless you're fit).

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
My lockpick set arrived on Friday. Probably the best and worst $15 I've spent in years. Best because it's fun as hell, and worst for the same reason. I can't put the drat thing down :toot:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I just bought a floor squeegee and the devious salesperson almost got me to.buy a plastic bag. Like a plastic bag is very useful for carrying home something that's over a meter long.

Beware Claes Ohlson's evil staff!

Also an elderly man was asking them about bed protectors "for accidents" and they didn't have anything like that and he said he had no idea where to get one :(

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

PCOS Bill posted:

You, too, could apply yourself, earn your pilots license, and buy a small plane that costs about what a really nice BMW would.

I believe in you.

Yep anybody can have 40k and 6 months leisure time all it takes is hard work.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

I used to only buy ~$15 convenience store sunglasses, but a few years ago I bought some Von Zipper not-Wayfarers and they were very nice, so when I lost those at the beach (actually a restaurant at the beach, I called a day later and they said they didn't have them :() I bought Von Zipper Aviators. I figured it was time for a change and I got these for ~$90 instead of $150. Ray-Ban Clubmaster Tortoise Shell, green lenses. I like them but they're heavier than my Aviators and the lenses are much smaller, which is mildly annoying. I think these look significantly better, though. So I'll probably stick to Aviators at the beach and these otherwise.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Daimo posted:

Yep anybody can have 40k and 6 months leisure time all it takes is hard work.

Bootstraps, people; use them!

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

PCOS Bill posted:

I also bought exactly this. Gonna make it overnight in the slow cooker, and bring it to work Thursday. Gonna add the cabbage last so it doesn't reek up the lab.

Dogbrisket
Jun 10, 2009

1redflag posted:

Bootstraps, people; use them!

this but unironically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I bought ten lagers, gambled 30 euros, and won 130 euros. I hope I don't forget my squeegee when I go home.