Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Friendly Humour posted:

What I don' get is how he thinks his bank is going accept all those chargeback requests. How on earth does he imagine this will go down?
I've had people who know him in real life contact me. He's apparently legit insane, so I have no clue what's going on through his head. He's been getting banned on these forums since 04/25/14.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015
Also, he thinks I've stolen his identity. Weeeee!

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lowtax posted:

I've had people who know him in real life contact me. He's apparently legit insane, so I have no clue what's going on through his head. He's been getting banned on these forums since 04/25/14.

I hope he gets better! At posting!

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

LadyAmbien posted:

thats not how pregnancy works tho???

Crack
Apr 10, 2009
Katherine_Konitzer? Is that him?

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Crack posted:

ofc

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nation posted:

Lol

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nation posted:

haha

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Crack posted:

Yup

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

LadyAmbien posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

Nation posted:

Plot Twist: I'm pregnant with Alex Levert

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

LadyAmbien posted:

Plot Twist: I'm pregnant with Alex Levert

You're going to give birth to a bankruptcy

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
i need to know what you guys think about the ending of this american life 581

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Alex, Lowtax won't respect you until you buy an avatar, platinum, and archives. That's the secret you've been searching for.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Friendly Humour posted:

You're going to give birth to a bankruptcy

Please dont spoil the secret plot twist to "Game of Thrones"

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
You know what gets my mind of stressful stuff? A complimentary china foods lunch. :colbert:

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
You know it wouldn't be a bad gambit to steal people's CC info and then spend money on your own website. It's stealing and laundering accomplished in one move.

"It's not my fault a dude is stealing people's information and spending money at my place of business"

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Windows 98 posted:

You know it wouldn't be a bad gambit to steal people's CCinfo and then spend money on your own website. It's stealing and laundering accomplished in one move.

It's a great idea until your chargebacks hit 1% and now no payment processor will work with you because the credit companies demand you be put on some credit monitoring system.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Sorry I am not a fraud expert.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Windows 98 posted:

I'm a frog expert

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
hey lowtax do you think making a callout thread about a "legit insane" person is a good idea?

Crack
Apr 10, 2009

Windows 98 posted:

well that's clear, if i were you i wouldn't get into it as a business strategy.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

roymorrison posted:

hey lowtax do you think making a callout thread about a "legit insane" person is a good idea?
Yes, or else I would not have done it.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So weait lowtax, has dare actually done chargebacks on previous banned accounts? If so, why haven't you taken him to court for fraud?

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
i think it was pretty dumb unless you got a lot better at boxing legit insane people

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
i think it was pretty dumb unless you got a lot better at boxing legit insane people

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Friendly Humour posted:

So weait lowtax, has dare actually done chargebacks on previous banned accounts? If so, why haven't you taken him to court for fraud?
He hasn't done any chargebacks yet, and I believe he's actually crossed the point where he will be able to do any chargebacks, since right now he's renting out servers across the world so he can go through them and register new accounts.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

roymorrison posted:

if I had 10$ for every time someone asked that stupid question, I could buy more accounts than Alex Levert

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Friendly Humour posted:

They live in two different countries and it's typically hard to sue someone who lives in a place that is not the place you live. Especially over E-Crime.

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
has anyone tried asking the Queen if she could have the mounties beat this guy up a little?

i don't have her number

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lowtax posted:

He hasn't done any chargebacks yet, and I believe he's actually crossed the point where he will be able to do any chargebacks, since right now he's renting out servers across the world so he can go through them and register new accounts.

That is amazing as is the mess he's causing!

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Windows 98 posted:

you can read the "important fraud facts" on authorize.net if/when you set up an account.

makes sense to know a little bit about it if you want to run a business that relies on credit card processing for income

or have an accountant/lawyer at your disposal to handle things for you

Lowtax should be thankful he didn't ship out a 5,000 dollar piece of gear that he has to kiss good bye to now, like happened to a buddy of mine.

As far as online scams go this is pretty mickey mouse.

Weird how he got them to do chargebacks on a weekend though, usually they won't process that until the next business day.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I wish I understood what goes on in his insane little head! It's so hosed up! I wanna take a good long sniff of his brain!

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Is he actually sid's friend "speed gem"?

Also I'm assuming when they try to collect on his bill he is going to cry insanity

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
Lowtax stole my credit card number and my sanity.

Also I thought the forums rules had some clause in there about banning you over any reason, like something where it specifically said "we can ban you for any reason we want". I was kinda hoping a lawyer would have to read that out loud in a literal court room but I don't see it in the forums rules now. :shrug:

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
well you managed to block Franco from posting in gbs couldn't you just isolate him in a forum nobody goes to like FYAD :cheeky:

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
Oh wait there havent been any chargebacks or any fraud? I'm confused.

Yesterday you were publicaly accusing this schizophrenic kid of committing felony wire fraud?

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
Not that it would matter in this case but does permabanning happen anymore? Isn't it a huge pain in the rear end to perma someone?

Crack
Apr 10, 2009

reallivedinosaur posted:

you can read the "important fraud facts" on authorize.net if/when you set up an account.

makes sense to know a little bit about it if you want to run a business that relies on credit card processing for income

or have an accountant/lawyer at your disposal to handle things for you

Lowtax should be thankful he didn't ship out a 5,000 dollar piece of gear that he has to kiss good bye to now, like happened to a buddy of mine.

As far as online scams go this is pretty mickey mouse.

Weird how he got them to do chargebacks on a weekend though, usually they won't process that until the next business day.

i'm pretty sure this is fraud in the same way as going into a shop naked, putting on the clothes for sale and walking past the security guy at the door without paying. by which i mean, it's unlikely it would be worth paying for a lawyer for this when the banks just going to go "yeah nah"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crack
Apr 10, 2009
and theres nothing you can do either as the shopkeeper in that analogy or as lowtax to prevent the unexpected crazy

• Locked thread