Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Lady Naga posted:

Nerds were obsessed with Alan Moore before the movie.

fair enough.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Yeah, Will Smith.

to be fair, he would have made a better neo than keanu reeves, probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This is the games forum, guys, we should be discussing anime, not movies

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
We are discussing a movie about an anime it counts.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Speed Racer game would have owned imo

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I'll say it again we need cartoony ridiculous sports games to make a comeback.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Lady Naga posted:

Nerds were obsessed with Alan Moore before the movie.

Nerds wore trenchcoats before The Matrix too, but you'd have to be dumb to think it didn't start a trend.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Skeezy posted:

Speed Racer game would have owned imo

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_Racer_(1996_video_game)

Also

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_Racer:_The_Videogame

Neither were especially good. They were OK at best.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Nerds wore trenchcoats before The Matrix too, but you'd have to be dumb to think it didn't start a trend.

The obsession with Guy Fawkes masks came from the reprinting of V for Vendetta trades, not the movie.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Instant Sunrise posted:

Enter The Matrix was pretty great if you played it in the summer between Reloaded and Revolutions.

Yeah it was really fun to play as Not Neo For Some loving Reason and her friend Person Who Isn't The loving Guy From the Movies You Want To Play As and travel through Really Bad Animation And Hit Detection World.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah it was really fun to play as Not Neo For Some loving Reason and her friend Person Who Isn't The loving Guy From the Movies You Want To Play As and travel through Really Bad Animation And Hit Detection World.

okay that's pretty fair.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Lady Naga posted:

The obsession with Guy Fawkes masks came from the reprinting of V for Vendetta trades, not the movie.
They'd been around for a while, but it wasn't until a 4Chan meme when the movie came out (and the anti-Scientology stuff shortly afterwards) that they really took off as a symbol for internet nerds.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Jada Pinkett's hair is one of the worst parts of The Matrix. They tried to include a super sexy lesbian kiss as an extra on Enter The Matrix but it was rendered completely heatless by that hair.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Remember the hacking stuff you had to do to get the sword as a usable weapon in the game? Kinda owned.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Lurdiak posted:

when i played it a bug caused only the low LOD models to load so everything was square including car wheels

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Speaking of Matrix ladies, Trinity looked pretty loving weird in the sequels. It's not easy to make Carrie Ann Moss look bad but they managed it. It's like how Winter Soldier somehow made Scarlett Johanson look like crap.

corn in the bible posted:

when i played it a bug caused only the low LOD models to load so everything was square including car wheels

Hahaha. That game was so lovely even Nintendo Power were assholes about it.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I have the PC version of Path of Neo laying around. I remember that version apparently being even buggier than normal due to being ported by like one guy. I wonder if it'd even work on Windows 10...

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello
I'm kind of missing gametrailers.com their video reviews were pretty decent quality and dammit I want to know if The Division is worth getting (I know read impressions on here but it's just easier to understand if someone's explaining the game whilst showing gameplay)

Are there any other decent video reviewers who aren't Zero Punctuation or have angry, annoyed, disgruntled, cynical etc etc in their title?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Purple Monkey posted:

I'm kind of missing gametrailers.com their video reviews were pretty decent quality

Were they affiliated with ScrewAttack at all? I remember one of them would post video retrospectives that were kinda neat.

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Mar 14, 2016

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Depends on how quickly you need impressions of a videogame.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Purple Monkey posted:

I'm kind of missing gametrailers.com their video reviews were pretty decent quality and dammit I want to know if The Division is worth getting (I know read impressions on here but it's just easier to understand if someone's explaining the game whilst showing gameplay)

Are there any other decent video reviewers who aren't Zero Punctuation or have angry, annoyed, disgruntled, cynical etc etc in their title?

I'm going to say the Polygon overview videos are decent if one of the McElroys is on it. Or nick Robinson.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Lady Naga posted:

Mutant League Hockeyyyyyyyyy

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Even wacky racing games that aren't just Mario Kart would sure as sugar be nice.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
King is my second favourite King of Fighter, right after Ash.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The Matrix games were so bad they killed Shiny.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Lady Naga posted:

Sky Captain and the Thievius Raccoonus

Yes, Sky Captain would have been a good videogame.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Skeezy posted:

Christina Ricci was so hot in Speed Racer tbh. Also John Goodman loving owns.

Christina Ricci as Trixie is, like, the hottest thing I can thing of I am pretty sure.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Lady Naga posted:

Even wacky racing games that aren't just Mario Kart would sure as sugar be nice.

I"m assuming you already tried Sonic and All Star Racing Transformed.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Shindragon posted:

I"m assuming you already tried Sonic and All Star Racing Transformed.

Yeah but I'm talking something a bit more serious, like Burnout Paradise but with powerups.

All Star Racing is basically just another kart game.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Lady Naga posted:

Yeah but I'm talking something a bit more serious, like Burnout Paradise but with powerups.

There was Blur, but that's 6 years old already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2sv2SqTyJ4

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Lady Naga posted:

This one's pretty serious.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I remember Blur on the 360 being okay. I think.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

codenameFANGIO posted:

Christina Ricci as Trixie is, like, the hottest thing I can thing of I am pretty sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuf5S2oZBAE

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
That song is not by Aphex Twin I am very angry r/n.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

*downloads system_of_a_down_-_the_legend_of_zelda.mp3 from kazaa*

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
http://www.com-www.com/weirdal/notbyal.html

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello

Mak0rz posted:

Were they affiliated with ScrewAttack at all? I remember one of them would post video retrospectives that were kinda neat.

Yes they used to host their stuff on their website for a while and yes their retrospectives were pretty good quality, I remember they did trying to make chronological sense of Zelda and I do not envy the man who had to write it

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Very unsurprised that Bob Rivers shows up on that list like a dozen times.

I am surprised that someone confused Dana Lyons with him, though.

Purple Monkey posted:

Yes they used to host their stuff on their website for a while and yes their retrospectives were pretty good quality, I remember they did trying to make chronological sense of Zelda and I do not envy the man who had to write it

They did a several-part retrospective on the Final Fantasy series and it was in total like three hours long lol.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I like how that Speed Racer song doesn't even bear a passing resemblance to an Aphex Twin song, at least the SoaD Zelda sorta sounded like them if you didn't really know what they sounded like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Lady Naga posted:

Mark Turmell has been working at Zynga since 2011. The over-the-top sports game is dead, and Farmville killed it.

• Locked thread