Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

boom boom boom posted:

Like "The Wire" or "Sopranos" or "Home Improvement"

None of those are incredibly common phrases though except maybe The Wire except "The Wire" is referring to a specific kind of wire.

Title would also be redeemed if it was mandatory that one character use the word "justified" at some point during each episode.

boom boom boom posted:

the best tv show name is "Friends". Cause it lets you know that the show is about Friends.

Unironically agree w/ this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lady Naga posted:

It's incredibly generic and tells me nothing about the show. It would be redeemed however if the main theme was just the part from Killing In The Name Of where de la Rocha just says "Justified", looped for 30 seconds.

They should also do this for Supernatural where the stinger is just Katy Perry saying "It's. Supernatural."

It's short for Justified Homicide, 'cause he murders a lot.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Justified Homicide is a much better title, it's very jaunty.

Mostly "Justified" just reminds me of those really old "Unforgivable" youtube videos.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Lady Naga posted:

It's incredibly generic and tells me nothing about the show

It tells you literally everything about the show, the show literally opens with raylan provoking a man into drawing on him so he could justifiably kill him

the huge overarcing theme of the show is the differences in perspective allowing people to justify the horrendous acts they commit to each other, calcified most notably in raylan grappling with the morality of his actions regularly. essentially, "is raylan a good person, or is he only technically good, is he only 'good' in the sense that the badge he wears giving him the excuse to murder dozens of people in cold blood?"

and that's not even mentioning boyd, whose entire character is a bad person justifying to himself why he's not a bad person (or is no less bad then anyone else, especially raylan). Raylan and Boyd have essentially a batman/joker relationship, where boyd constantly tries to drag raylan down to his level by exposing the latter as an immoral liar just like him, that all his 'justifications' are merely excuses for horrendous actions

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Justified is a good name for a good show.I even bought it on blu-ray. I usually wouldn't pay for TV, but in this case

It was Justified

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's also meant to sound like a Western title though, like Unforgiven.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Lady Naga posted:

Title would also be redeemed if it was mandatory that one character use the word "justified" at some point during each episode.

oh so you've never seen the show because you're talking out of your rear end, since the pilot's climax ends with raylan literally saying "It was justified" when asked why he murdered a man in cold blood

cool

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Lady Naga posted:

Justified Homicide is a much better title, it's very jaunty.

Mostly "Justified" just reminds me of those really old "Unforgivable" youtube videos.

Why are you combining the titles of two great tv series?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Toxxupation posted:

oh so you've never seen the show because you're talking out of your rear end, since the pilot's climax ends with raylan literally saying "It was justified" when asked why he murdered a man in cold blood

cool

I never claimed to see the show I just said I didn't like the title. I also said every episode not just the pilot.

Toxx do you need a break your shitposting is slipping :(

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Lady Naga posted:

I never claimed to see the show I just said I didn't like the title. I also said every episode not just the pilot.

You're accusing someone else of shitposting in this conversation?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Lady Naga posted:

We don't get to say this much, but Occupation is making good posts.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
The sort of things people feel really compelled to defend are weird.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

You said a dumb thing, Lady Naga. Just own up to it, for gently caress's sake.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
This doesn't quite have the full scene, but here's the rad as hell (seemingly?) one take carriage chase from Black Sails:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFXp-hnkhT0

Lady Naga posted:

I think it's an evocative enough title and Raylan does actually say it a bunch in the pilot, but yeah, people sure are weirdly defensive about your mild opinion on the name of a show.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Joe Gillian posted:

You said a dumb thing, Lady Naga. Just own up to it, for gently caress's sake.

I would say that the dumb thing is asking me to objectively quantify why I didn't like a title and then attacking me when my reason isn't good enough.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Justified Homicide being a better title is a dumb thing to say.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Joe Gillian posted:

Justified Homicide being a better title is a dumb thing to say.

Because I was being incredibly serious when my justification is "it sounds jaunty".

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat
Andre Braugher, Richard Belzer and Timothy Olyphant star in this exciting new exploration of law enforcement's darker side.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Lady Naga posted:

I would say that the dumb thing is asking me to objectively quantify why I didn't like a title and then attacking me when my reason isn't good enough.

People were just disagreeing with you, dude. You said you don't like the name, some people said they did, some people who have seen the show said it fits.

It was a conversation, like humans have

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

boom boom boom posted:

People were just disagreeing with you, dude. You said you don't like the name, some people said they did, some people who have seen the show said it fits.

It was a conversation, like humans have

Do you normally talk down to people when you have a conversation w/ them?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Lady Naga posted:

Just let it go and stop digging yourself in deeper

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

less laughter posted:

Just let it go and stop digging yourself in deeper

I wouldn't want people on the internet to think I look stupid.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sony's TV service, the Playstation Vue, just went nationwide. Although in my area they still don't have any of the broadcast TV, instead just offering On Demand services for NBC, Fox and ABC. It does have every basic cable channel I watch for just $30 so I might still go for it, just need to figure out a good way to get the broadcast channel stuff.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Lady Naga posted:

I don't intend to, but it ends up happening

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Lady Naga posted:

This is the internet, so, yes.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

VagueRant posted:

This doesn't quite have the full scene, but here's the rad as hell (seemingly?) one take carriage chase from Black Sails:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFXp-hnkhT0

This is very, very cool. Thanks for sharing it. It's kind of obvious were the cuts are, but that doesn't detract really. I might give Black Sails a try.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Lady Naga posted:

"Everybody is disagreeing with me; it's everybody else that's wrong!"

P.S. Stop shitposting an aside like this every time people think you're dumb. You do this a lot and it's weird because your audience is the same group of people who think you're dumb. :confused:

--

Hannibal season 3 is turning out to be really great, just started watching. Though I'm really confused at the timelines.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Ravane posted:

"Everybody is disagreeing with me; it's everybody else that's wrong!"

P.S. Stop shitposting an aside like this every time people think you're dumb. You do this a lot and it's weird because your audience is the same group of people who think you're dumb. :confused:

Ok mom.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ravane posted:

Hannibal season 3 is turning out to be really great, just started watching. Though I'm really confused at the timelines.

Its all hosed and usually make sense towards the end but even if it doesn't just enjoy it, there will never be anything else like it

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
"...Was that a poop joke?"

"Yup"

http://imgur.com/jtV8Aff

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Season 6 of Workaholics has been seriously on point. Nice to see some consistency out of the dudes again.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

PriorMarcus posted:

This is very, very cool. Thanks for sharing it. It's kind of obvious were the cuts are, but that doesn't detract really. I might give Black Sails a try.

Season 1 is a little slow but Season 2 takes off in a big way. It's a legit good show.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

I dipped out during Season 5 because the quality took a nosedive and Rapaport was not a good fit for the show, but seeing that the popular opinion is that it's the worst season, is it worth skipping it and starting back up with 6?

I actually liked Rapaport in the role, it just suffers because it's a generally poor season. I was happier seeing him on the screen than I was any of the Ava in Prison stuff. It's clear too that everything about that Season is just so the last episode can lead you nicely into Season 6, which is going to make the rewatch I do even harder. It's all hugely inconsequential apart from the final episode.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Is there any show where Michael Rapaport is a good fit, pretty much everything I've seen him in has been poo poo and he is the specific reason it was poo poo

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Justified chat,

I loved the showdown with the knife wielding brother and Raylan. Makes me chuckle just thinking about it.

Season 6, is very good though. I'd recommend the last episode of season 5 for the lead in for season 6, then starting season 6 if season 5 just doesn't do anything for you.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Well on Prison Break he gets to play to play a douchebag DHS agent that gets Terri Schaivo'd after he tries to gently caress over the good guys, that was a pretty satisfying.

Also on one episode of Louie he play an annoying police officer that Louie absolutely despises and whines like a big baby when he loses his service weapon he took to a Knicks game for some reason.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

raditts posted:

Is there any show where Michael Rapaport is a good fit

Justified

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

raditts posted:

Is there any show where Michael Rapaport is a good fit, pretty much everything I've seen him in has been poo poo and he is the specific reason it was poo poo

Louie

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

PantsBandit posted:

Season 6 of Workaholics has been seriously on point. Nice to see some consistency out of the dudes again.

Is it good again? I gave up on Season 3 because it felt like the dudes were running out of steam and just doing weird poo poo for the sake of weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
i like six feet under

• Locked thread