Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Primetime posted:

Do graves autoattacks count as single target for purposes of deaths dance?

I played against a top graves the other day who rushed it first item. He went 2-0 or so against our top Kayle, but about 20 minutes into the game with just a DD and maybe a dirk he was able to 1v3 rumble jungle, Kayle, and support nautilus. He was probably getting 1/6 of his HP back every auto and the damage reduction passive pretty much negated my flamespitter damage entirely. It was disgusting

whoever designed Graves' rework needs to be launched into the sun for giving him what amounts to 120 armor/MR in mid-lategame teamfights with rank 5 E.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Radiantweasel posted:

What's the site that has top win rates by ranking? I feel like I need better banning practices down here in S4

bestbans.com

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Lead out in cuffs posted:

So I've decided that playing support in bronze is just masochistic. Jungle/top I have a positive winrate, but support my WR is about 20%. Hell, maybe I should start playing ADC again as well.
i haven't played all season, tried to escape from bronze. Lost lane at level 1 because my ADC leashed too hard and missed literally an entire wave and I got poked out and dove under tower at level 2. It's brutal.

Radiantweasel
Aug 10, 2013

Sexpansion posted:

bestbans.com

Perfect, thank you.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Sexpansion posted:

Yeah it's hilarious. It's occasionally frustrating if you actually want your team to do something that makes sense, but if you can accept that they won't, then it's great.

e: Actually there's literally only one thing that bothers me about bronze, and it's the fact that no one buys pink wards. I often keep yellow trinket in bronze games just for the extra wards. Even the supports don't buy pink wards. I can't tell you how many games I've played where I'm literally the only person who buys a pink ward. And I mostly play mid lane.

After you guys screamed their virtues at me for almost a whole page I now purchase between 2-5 on average. I even buy 1-2 when I top or mid. Hell, in some games I keep one on me constantly. Those games are any game with Twitch, Shaco, Akali or any other sneaky gently caress.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
bronze is fun because your whole team will feed before 10 minutes (sometimes including yourself) and there's nothing you can do about it

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

bronze is fun because your whole team will feed before 10 minutes (sometimes including yourself) and there's nothing you can do about it

this can happen in any game in literally any ranking, the difference is that every bronze game is winnable because the winners never close out the games until 50 minutes.

like, I am in platinum IV at the moment and I have games where our team collectively goes 2 vs. 12 in 20 minutes or whatever and sometimes it just happens, even in challenger.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
rito pls buff bard so I can play Bard top/jungle

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Even if you're in Bronze I'm pretty sure you aren't as terrible as my old college roommates. They thought they were super awesome at the game and were so excited about ranked. Then they both finished their preliminaries and got placed in Bronze V and have never managed to climb out since.

They always bitched about the system being wrong and unfair and it's not their fault they got stuck in the pits of hell. Meanwhile I was sitting in Bronze I when I don't even play League very often and definitely not super seriously for ranked. If I close my eyes I can still hear them screaming about Nidalee being an OP piece of poo poo. Good times.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Even if you're in Bronze I'm pretty sure you aren't as terrible as my old college roommates. They thought they were super awesome at the game and were so excited about ranked. Then they both finished their preliminaries and got placed in Bronze V and have never managed to climb out since.

They always bitched about the system being wrong and unfair and it's not their fault they got stuck in the pits of hell. Meanwhile I was sitting in Bronze I when I don't even play League very often and definitely not super seriously for ranked. If I close my eyes I can still hear them screaming about Nidalee being an OP piece of poo poo. Good times.

The greatest impedance to climbing the ranked ladder that I have noticed is a startling lack of self-awareness to realize that you do, in fact, have to improve your skills at the game to continue climbing.

That and the time to sink into the game so as not to be garbage.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
How do you improve in video games

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Graves feels like he gives a lot less of a gently caress if he is doing g good and his team is not than Jhin

Jhin when hour team is ahead is so incredibly snowbally, lol

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
apparently they rolled out clubs in the middle of today.

RIP silversquid

skellycakes
Dec 2, 2005

mediocre!

Lady Naga posted:

How do you improve in video games

By watching videos and streams of people better than you playing the characters you want to play and learning why they do the things they do when they do it

So basically video game homework!

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
That sounds boring and gay can't I just pay someone to be good at games for me

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Lady Naga posted:

That sounds boring and gay can't I just pay someone to be good at games for me

Paging Methanar

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

My goal is to climb to silver by myself this season, but towards the end I'm def gonna buy a boost to gold5 for the rewards.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Is club silversquid up because if so please add pranksinthehood to it

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Arrgytehpirate posted:

My goal is to climb to silver by myself this season, but towards the end I'm def gonna buy a boost to gold5 for the rewards.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

How Rude posted:

this can happen in any game in literally any ranking, the difference is that every bronze game is winnable because the winners never close out the games until 50 minutes.

like, I am in platinum IV at the moment and I have games where our team collectively goes 2 vs. 12 in 20 minutes or whatever and sometimes it just happens, even in challenger.

i'm mostly salty because this happened about 6-7 times tonight, in a row

i def played like poo poo in a few games (mostly responding to/creating pressure) and i learned that gnar will wreck your rear end if you don't back off as soon as his bar is like 90% and then you feed him 2 kills and he starts wrecking you as mini-gnar, so it wasn't a complete waste of time

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Luna Was Here posted:

I'll make it if it hasn't been set up yet, if that's cool

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

Kashuno posted:

I'll make it if it hasn't been set up yet, if that's cool

Please add Arrgy

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Throwback Tuesday to ve1gar trolling like 10 people into thinking he was some silver scrub who bought boosts to diamond

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Please add theladynaga to club squid I am a very nice person who never BMs & enjoys playing interactive entertainment.

Or The Lady Naga, not sure if you need username or summoner name.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I guess they disabled them already lol.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Luna Was Here posted:

Throwback Tuesday to ve1gar trolling like 10 people into thinking he was some silver scrub who bought boosts to diamond

But he is tho

Heehee Hartlocks
Feb 9, 2012

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

wow im late to club making???

Heehee Hartlocks fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Mar 14, 2016

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Heehee Hartlocks posted:

wow im late to club making???

you got it before the feature was disabled again.

e; inv kashuno when it comes back up pls ty

Heehee Hartlocks
Feb 9, 2012

hell yea 😀😀😀

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I don't get how riot can roll out a social feature and still have it completely break poo poo.

Heehee Hartlocks
Feb 9, 2012

i tried to invite some goons when it was online

their names in the club list were **SummonerName
so i deleted them and then their name changed to null

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

Honestly this is the one thing that's super wrong. It's very easy not to feed in bronze regardless of what's going on. Like even if you support is 0/10/0 by like the 22-23 min mark, you should still be positive as ADC, in fact the lane is usually easier when you support is not around at that point.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Jhin....is good

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

NTT posted:

Jhin....is good

yeah I've been playing him lately after not touching him since release week, and I am really enjoying him. His wave clear is great and oppressive in the early game, and his late game is stupid strong.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
His wave clear is middling at best, but his ultimate is quite possibly the strongest in the game

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

NTT posted:

His wave clear is middling at best, but his ultimate is quite possibly the strongest in the game

I'm generally terrible at ADC but I've been doing really well with Jhin. Skills aside, he's just really fun to play! The only thing I don't like about him is that his traps are so easy to avoid I think I've only damaged someone with them once.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I played a few Graves games in ND to get the feel for him, then took him into ranked and went 17-1. He's pretty drat strong still.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Kashuno posted:

I mean you can say that but

Haha yeah I did just buy Naut. I need to try him in some customs/normals, but I suspect it'll make things better.

Heehee Hartlocks
Feb 9, 2012

GOON club is open

add Teehee Tartlocks to your bud list and pm me for invite

it's buggy right now so you have to relog after i invite you to the club,, to be notified of the invitation to the club

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Yo do we have a club on EUW yet?

• Locked thread