Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
Oh boy, is my face red. Thanks.
Fantastic Four 600 and 601, the return of Johnny Storm. I love this - a mixture of badass and touching family re-union

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Hickman's FF run is still the best FF run that wasn't Mark Waid's and Kirby's.

Milotic posted:

Oh boy, is my face red.

It shouldn't. That panel was presented without any context and for people unfamiliar its meaning is completely alien.

MTMTE #50 is one of the most gutwrenching things I've ever read, though, no joke. It's a rollercoaster of emotions and the culmination of a really long run.

I'm going to edit this post post underneath in a few minutes with a couple of panel choices from that issue just after I install something that can cut images.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Mar 15, 2016

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

All right, so it starts pretty. Our heroes take a detour, save some alien race.

And Megatron, the franchise's villain, has pretty much redeemed himself by now. Turned into a pacifist, works hard to build a new future together with his ship's crew.

And of course just when things are looking good, the culmination of several issues of plotting comes crashing down. Betrayed, attacked by their worst enemies, that crew can do nothing but send a final message (in fact, it's implied they are forced to at gun point but don't let that get in the way).

I've said this before, but MTMTE is the best book you are not reading right now. Go change that.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Mar 15, 2016

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

from the back-up strip to More Than Meets The Eye #50

Rewind and Chromedome split up? :smith: Or was this before that thing with the time-travel shenanigans?

Oh, I didn't notice the new page. Well, then. At least they went together :gbsmith:

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Mar 15, 2016

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Rewind and Chromedome split up? :smith: Or was this before that thing with the time-travel shenanigans?

Oh, I didn't notice the new page. Well, then. At least they went together :gbsmith:

no, this is present timeline Chromedome going back in time to see original timeline Rewind who's still, as far as we know, still very dead

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
well technically it's not an alternate timeline :goonsay:

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Batman being considered is sadly something that has really fallen aside in recent years, despite the fact that it always makes for great moments.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Megatron smiling like that looks... I dunno. Surprising? A little off, somehow.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Pureauthor posted:

Megatron smiling like that looks... I dunno. Surprising? A little off, somehow.

Because it's one of those genuine, eyes-and-all smiles coming from a bot who, I quote, "has killed more people than have ever lived"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Well, we don't know their fate yet, as it's part one of a six-part storyline. All we know is that Optimus Prime got a message three weeks after they said they would be dead in six hours and that Things Look Bad.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

e X posted:

Batman being considered is sadly something that has really fallen aside in recent years, despite the fact that it always makes for great moments.

I totally agree. This moment https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjvnawR-cqk from Justice League Unlimited is my all time favourite Batman moment in any medium

Animated Dini Batman is the best adaptation we'll ever get

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

Well, we don't know their fate yet, as it's part one of a six-part storyline. All we know is that Optimus Prime got a message three weeks after they said they would be dead in six hours and that Things Look Bad.

On the one hand, this is true. On the other, it's Transformers. Nothing happy ever happens to Cybertronians. I'm happy Megatron is happy, but I also know it won't last.

drat I am just a bundle of :smith: today aren't i

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

On the one hand, this is true. On the other, it's Transformers. Nothing happy ever happens to Cybertronians. I'm happy Megatron is happy, but I also know it won't last.

drat I am just a bundle of :smith: today aren't i

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Waffles Inc. posted:

I totally agree. This moment https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjvnawR-cqk from Justice League Unlimited is my all time favourite Batman moment in any medium

Animated Dini Batman is the best adaptation we'll ever get

I really like this scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZO5qgs4Px0

Young Justice has arguably more problems than merits, but they did have a pretty good Batman.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

e X posted:

Young Justice has arguably more problems than merits, but they did have a pretty good Batman.

Wow. That scene almost makes me regret giving up on that show halfway through season 1.

But, then... "HELLO, MEGAN!"

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

e X posted:

That is possibly the worst voice acting Wonder Woman's ever had.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Chaos Hippy posted:

That is possibly the worst voice acting Wonder Woman's ever had.

idk what was the one where she lassoed a guy to out him as trans that was p bad.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

Toshimo posted:

idk what was the one where she lassoed a guy to out him as trans that was p bad.
She outed him as a crossdresser, totally different (still rude)

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

Toshimo posted:

Forgot about that. I'm honestly not sure which is worse.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
That was Justice League: War, the New 52 reboot movie. Even though she was cool with it yeah it's lame as hell

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

Yeah, that was probably the worst part of that fuckawful movie.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Chaos Hippy posted:

That and Captain Marvel should never say "What the Hell?" ever. That whole thing calls to mind the alleged quote from Greg Rucka about "If you make a Superman movie that you can't bring your kid to, you've done something wrong." That movie was pretty PG-13, but par for the course for the modern DCU which borders on Image bloodshit territory.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Chaos Hippy posted:

In defense of that scene, WW hears the admission and says something like "You should feel powerful. I feel powerful when I wear this" to somewhat normalize the effect of the confession.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
The bit I remember about that scene in the movie is the kid with the ice cream. In the comic version, the kid (and the ice cream vendor) are both black. In the movie, they're white.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Grundy... save... Birdnose...

Grundy... find... his... soul...

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
X-O Manowar 35
X-O is a Visigoth who was captured by the Vine, brought to their planet and enslaved. He escaped with the help of the most holy of the vine artificts (X-O armor) and returns to earth to find centuries have passed. He attacks the Vine homeworld, but leaves on good terms with the remaining ones. After a couple of things happen the vine homeworld is attacked and this happens.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Mar 18, 2016

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Uhh... so what happened there? Did the ships destroy the planet when they went to hyperspace? Were they sabotaged by X-O? I don't really understand why everyone died there.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Captain Bravo posted:

Uhh... so what happened there? Did the ships destroy the planet when they went to hyperspace? Were they sabotaged by X-O? I don't really understand why everyone died there.

Those ships were the last of the vine. The planet was attacked by the Dead Hand and they cause their sun to go supernova.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Man y'all gotta give context for these because half the time no one is clued in at all

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Weird World issue 4 - our reluctant heroes are forced to confront their personal tragedies.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Book of Death: The fall of Harbringers

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Ok, seriously, context would really help. I don't even know who that is. That might as well be a text box saying "Something sad happened."

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That's exactly the sort of thing I was talking about in the Marvel thread!!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Ok, seriously, context would really help. I don't even know who that is. That might as well be a text box saying "Something sad happened."

Faith. She is a sci fi geek who discovered that she had powers, and after they were activated she helped start a rebellion. The fall of books show the fates of all of the Valiant characters, and this is fates. She is a really fun character and her series is really good.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Lurdiak posted:

A character died. She is a superhero. There honestly isn't much more.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

I would not have expected a sad and touching moment from Punisher: Armory, an illustrated guide to every gun Frank Castle owns. And yet...

Halloween Jack posted:

Punisher Armory did give us this, though:

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

bobkatt013 posted:

Book of Death: The fall of Harbringers

Bummed out Woody still wearing those dumb glasses is killing me.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
MtMtE 51

There's still a part of me that expects Megatron to do something horrible any issue now, which will make things like this even worse in retrospect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

MtMtE 51

There's still a part of me that expects Megatron to do something horrible any issue now, which will make things like this even worse in retrospect

Agreed :( As much as I'm enjoying Redeemed Megatron, I know that comic books love the status quo too much to set my heart on his staying good. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for this change to stick, but...

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Mar 31, 2016