Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
make a stand

in the lego thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
*looks at Nizam minifig*
*looks at Mandarin minifig*

Oh boy, I'm not going to be that AFOL who makes Gandhi with light pink skin.

Things were simpler when everyone was bright yellow.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Don't make a retail employee's job harder, it's already soul-crushing and underpaid. If an employee sees a busted sign, they're not going to nod sagely and understand your issue, they're going to go to the back and replace the sign that some rear end in a top hat broke. You've clearly never worked in retail.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
There was no evidence of tampering, it was the bottom part of this

that I removed - like they're supposed to have done already, anyway.

The sign was no less informative or accurate afterwards.

I'm sorry I brought it up, it distracted from a more interesting discussion we could be having.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Don't make a lunch counter employee's job harder, it's already soul-crushing and underpaid. If an employee sees a black person in their diner, they're not going to nod sagely and understand your issue, they're going to go to the back and call the police on some rear end in a top hat. You've clearly never worked in retail.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Don't make a bus driver's job harder, it's already soul-crushing and underpaid.

And so forth.

E: I mean it's a bit of hyperbole, and maybe a drinking fountain would be a better analogy, but....

E2: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men leave signs up in Target.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Captain Invictus posted:

make a stand

in the lego thread

I love this GIF

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

The fact that the store has already implemented the greater part of the policy by consolidating building toys into one aisle is the cherry on top of this big dumb derail sundae.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Can we please go back to talking about LEGO, like I dunno the travesty of all the Architecture sets being sold out during double VIP week or the rumored contents of the last Civil War set that is coming out later this year?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Man, everything is sold out on their store. Double VIP is hilariously good at clearing out their stock.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I was thinking of biding my time and trying to decide how much money I wanted to spend but it's a non-issue now because I'm a fool I guess. I just wanted more overpriced Architecture sets seeing as how I've got most of the Star Wars and Marvel stuff I want.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Zodack posted:

Can we please go back to talking about LEGO, like I dunno the travesty of all the Architecture sets being sold out during double VIP week or the rumored contents of the last Civil War set that is coming out later this year?

Link to the rumor so I can try not to click it and spoil the movie please?

e: nevermind, I figured out what I think the rumor is about related to the last trailer that just came out and the surprise appearance.

kensei fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Mar 14, 2016

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Zodack posted:

Can we please go back to talking about LEGO

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Who goes into a retail store and removes signs, then feels :smug: about it to boot?

Smashing the patriarchy en route to housewares. That's what you're doing, sure.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

kensei posted:

Link to the rumor so I can try not to click it and spoil the movie please?

e: nevermind, I figured out what I think the rumor is about related to the last trailer that just came out and the surprise appearance.

Yeah - sorry, I don't have a direct link but EuroBricks (especially some of the more trustworthy members on there, for all I can tell) have essentially confirmed there will be a final set currently titled "Civil War" that will feature most if not all the figs we're missing in the current selection. For example, an Ant-Man minifig, hopefully, maybe with an updated costume.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Colonial Air Force posted:

And so forth.

E: I mean it's a bit of hyperbole, and maybe a drinking fountain would be a better analogy, but....

E2: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men leave signs up in Target.

:wtc:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Come down to the girls' building toys aisle in 10 minutes if u want an rear end bricking.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Zodack posted:

They're not all sold out, are they? I thought a saw a few in stock.

I did check on the website and it looks like you still get double VIP points even if it's not in stock, as long as you place the order during the promotion period.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

40 new posts in the Lego thread, had to be a jorts-level argument.

Everybody needs something to rage against and if paper signs are Apollos then by all means let him/her joust with that windmill.

Also good job sticking it to the man by not going back to the one particular Target that didn't listen to you lol.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Hey guys I finally found the current wave of minifigures, grabbed 10 random bags, and got 10 different guys. That's pretty cool, huh?

Let's talk about that, huh?

Also yeah Nexo Knights is the wave I wish I'd had as a kid and I feel like I should be buying everything in hopes that my hypothetical children share my Lego preferences.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

FadingChord posted:

Hey guys I finally found the current wave of minifigures, grabbed 10 random bags, and got 10 different guys. That's pretty cool, huh?

I grabbed 5 randoms from a new box because I wanted most of them anyway. All the jewel thief, ffs

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

FadingChord posted:

That actually is pretty cool. Nice work!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

:siren: Sea Cow Inbound! :siren:

I finally ordered mine. I can't wait to build it.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
My local stores still aren't carrying the latest wave of the CMF and are missing some Civil War sets, which is driving me nuts.

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
I told myself that I wouldn't buy anything this early in the year until the Lego City Volcano stuff came out.

But here I am, with all the Civil War sets :negative: I just couldn't pass up that Giant Man giant minifig build. I look forward to it being a flimsy piece of poo poo that ends up broken from my kids playing with it more than that drat Hulkbuster. I must have rebuilt that thing twenty times now.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Aaronicon posted:

Lego City Volcano

I had no idea this was coming, but they're great and I'd love to have something to park around the Temple of Doom.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Well I thought it was obviously overdone, but I suppose there are people on SomethingAwful who would actually think that way, so....

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
So I guess I need to do research before blindly buying Lego.

I picked up two of the Mighty Micros sets when I saw 'em at Target - Cap vs. Skull and Flash vs. Cap Cold.

1. I didn't know these were stubby-legged microfigures.
2. The Marvel set used stickers, but the DC set didn't. :psyduck:
3. This definitely uses the 'cheap' plastic grade of Lego that the blinded Minifigures use.

I kept the Flash set, but returned the Cap/Skull one.

I think I'd prefer they stamp these with the Junior label.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Jonas Albrecht posted:

:siren: Sea Cow Inbound! :siren:

I finally ordered mine. I can't wait to build it.

You will not regret that buy, I absolutely love mine. Do yourself a favor, take some measurements and start hunting for a display place, that thing is huge.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I want to sell some of my stockpiled Lego.

Anyone interested in Series 2 and 3 of Mixels? Complete and still sealed? PM me. I'd like to sell both all at once just to get it out of my closet.

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

We can't stop here! This is bat country!
I'll just leave this here.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I don't know, after spending way too much time loving around with redstone in minecraft, I think building circuits out of rigid components that can't touch each other without creating a short is not that great idea. Just give me some power functions wires. :v:

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Doesn't the Lego robot stuff already do most of that anyway?

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
When are we getting LEGO Minecraft redstone kits, huh? That's what I'm asking.

DethMarine21
Dec 4, 2008
The last two Toys R Us stores I've been to had some Bricktober 2015 mini modulars on clearance for 50% off ($9.99). I only saw the train station, bakery, and Toys R Us store though.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

DethMarine21 posted:

The last two Toys R Us stores I've been to had some Bricktober 2015 mini modulars on clearance for 50% off ($9.99). I only saw the train station, bakery, and Toys R Us store though.

Every time I see these they are still $20

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I hadta:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Rythe posted:

You will not regret that buy, I absolutely love mine. Do yourself a favor, take some measurements and start hunting for a display place, that thing is huge.

What I really want to do is make a display with the Millennium Falcon next to it.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Feenix posted:

I hadta:

Mine got here today too. Gonna have to pick up a second set for another Terror Dog.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Got it for like $8 on Amazon, which is a perfectly acceptable price for a SPMM figure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Feenix posted:

I hadta:

He looks like he's shrugging. "That dog!"

Well worth $7.50.