Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The Stuntman demo destroyed me. oval office game for cunts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
After Enter the Matrix was so self-serious it was nice to have Path of Neo be so unapologetically goofy. The training programs where Neo learns kung-fu play out as old black and white samurai movies and you learn gunplay from the restaurant shootout from Hard Boiled. Then in the French chateau from Revolutions you fight armies of giant bipedal ants that you have to kill with fire.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

drat I remember this game. Tried to be a jack of all trades, master of none with different game modes but it failed at all of them. I think it was the bomb disposal segments that did me in.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Steve2911 posted:

The Stuntman demo destroyed me. oval office game for cunts.

dont post

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Stux posted:

dont post

Is it ok to be a bully on the Something Awful forums?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Stuntman would have been good if it weren't a trial an error game that took like 30 seconds to load every time you messed up. Like I remember it actually being really fun but the load times just killed it.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Echoing that statement. If the game had really quick load times it wouldn't have the reputation of being a wreck of a game.

I remember watching the LP and just how insanely picky the game is with what you do.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's not very good.

the wii chocobo dungeon is kinda cool

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Shindragon posted:

Echoing that statement. If the game had really quick load times it wouldn't have the reputation of being a wreck of a game.

I remember watching the LP and just how insanely picky the game is with what you do.

i wonder how the sequel was.never heard anyting about it

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

corn in the bible posted:

i wonder how the sequel was.never heard anyting about it

PantsBandit posted:

I didn't play the original Stuntman but I did play Ignition and thought it ruled.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

They fixed the load times, they were very quick in Ingnition.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

weirdly stuntman ignition ps3 is not on psn but the ps2 version is

which is good? help me choose

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I played it on 360 :shrug:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
You know what was a good, underrated gem?

Toy Commander for the dreamcast.

Really good game right there. Anybody besides me play it?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

I never actually played it because I was too busy playing powerstone 2 or seventh cross. It looked fun though.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I remember thinking it was really good but I also remember being terrible at it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It kinda reminded me of blast corps, but with toys, and on the dreamcast, and not as glitchy

Really weird final level tho, where it had a sudden plot twist in a game that was otherwise just "hey we're your old toys, we don't appreciate you forgetting about us and playing with your new toys, so we took over your house, hahaha you'll have to come blow us up with your new toys if you want your house back"

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

:yeah:

FirstAidKite posted:

It kinda reminded me of blast corps, but with toys, and on the dreamcast, and not as glitchy

Really weird final level tho, where it had a sudden plot twist in a game that was otherwise just "hey we're your old toys, we don't appreciate you forgetting about us and playing with your new toys, so we took over your house, hahaha you'll have to come blow us up with your new toys if you want your house back"

This should be the plot to the next Toy Story, imho

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

naughty bear may be the worst videogame

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Lady Naga posted:

It was cool because there was a really crappy multiplayer fighting game style mode and you could play as car models rigged to human skeletons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veSFrIVKXOY

Jesus Christ. Between that voice acting and the over-used pot breaking sound effect, this is just magic.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

the wii chocobo dungeon is kinda cool
Oh, I've only played Chocobo's Dungeon 2 for the PS1.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

The Grimace posted:

Jesus Christ. Between that voice acting and the over-used pot breaking sound effect, this is just magic.

why is FINE BY ME

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Wamdoodle posted:

:yeah:

This should be the plot to the next Toy Story, imho

Will it have the same ending, where the bad guy is like "hey look we just felt lonely, please don't forget about your old toys, alright?" and then it turns out the entire thing was the dream of an airline pilot who was about to crash a commercial airliner into a mountain because he fell asleep while piloting a plane and a stewardess had to wake him up?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I love that stock pot breaking sound effect

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okPLF9Ad9ns

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Will it have the same ending, where the bad guy is like "hey look we just felt lonely, please don't forget about your old toys, alright?" and then it turns out the entire thing was the dream of an airline pilot who was about to crash a commercial airliner into a mountain because he fell asleep while piloting a plane and a stewardess had to wake him up?

Make it like the ending to Jacob's Ladder and you have a deal.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

The Grimace posted:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

sayonara .... shadow the hedgehog .......

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
See you later, Space Hedgehog

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I liked shadow in sa2 but lmao that they ever decided shadow the hedgehog was a good idea

god I wanna know what the board meeting was like when they decided making shadow swear and use guns was a good idea lmfao

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

FirstAidKite posted:

I liked shadow in sa2 but lmao that they ever decided shadow the hedgehog was a good idea

god I wanna know what the board meeting was like when they decided making shadow swear and use guns was a good idea lmfao

"We have literally no idea what to do with our brand now that we are no longer Mario's direct competitor, what the gently caress do we do now?"

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

FirstAidKite posted:

It actually sold way better than you'd think, they moved over 1.5 million units in its first year. Kids really did want a grim gun-toting hedgehog.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

When if ever does Bulletstorm get funny

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Sleeveless posted:

It actually sold way better than you'd think, they moved over 1.5 million units in its first year. Kids really did want a grim gun-toting hedgehog.

it's like taking candy from a baby, which i am not ok with

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

yikes, stardew valley is a very tough game

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Jay Rust posted:

yikes, stardew valley is a very tough game

It's a fruit, the seeds are in the inside. Like pumpkins.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

if its a reproductive seed-bearing thing its fruit and if its just like the stalk or leaf or root of the plant its veg right?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
On the other hand the Supreme Court decreed it a vegetable so there for if you're not some sort of godless foreigner, you'll say it's a vegetable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

axleblaze posted:

some sort of godless foreigner, you'll say it's a vegetable.

or someone that has taken botany 101

• Locked thread