Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The context was, if someone asks you to "Buy some fruit please", don't come back with a basket full of tomatoes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
My mother bought me the Unofficial Strategy Guide to Final Fantasy VII when I was a freshman in high school. It came with a poster of the entire party. I was really into the game at the time, and would take the guide and poster (I don't know why I took the poster) with me to school to read as a normal person might read a book. I kept the guide in a freezer bag so the quality of my Unofficial Strategy Guide to Final Fantasy VII would not be compromised. One day at school, a teacher confiscated the poster because Tifa's breasts were too big and it was generally too provocative. I could have it back if I had my mother come claim it from the principal's office. Of course, I was too embarrassed to ask my mom to rescue my big boobie video game poster for it ever to be returned to me. Another day, while at lunch, a senior student I did not know approached me while I was reading my strategy guide. He asked to borrow it over the weekend because he was having problems in the game. He promised to return it after the weekend. I never saw him or my guide (or the freezer bag I kept it in) again.

Later that year, a classmate asked to borrow my copy of Final Fantasy VII. I was one disk 3, so I lent him disks 1 and 2. A few days later he told me that my disk 1 had broken into pieces while in his console. This person went on to bully me until I made friend with upper classmen.

I have a complicated relationship with the video game Final Fantasy VII.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

PantsBandit posted:

I played through all the licensed Matrix games and thought they were all really fun. It was years later that I realized the general consensus was that they were flaming garbage piles.

Ah, to be young and open to bad vgs again.

Enter the Matrix is a LOT better than people say. the controls kinda suck but its still really good.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

Enter the Matrix is a LOT better than people say. the controls kinda suck but its still really good.

The main problem Enter the Matrix had was it was beaten to the punch of the main thing that would make a Matrix game interesting by Max Payne, which also happened to do it better than ETM did. After that you just had a very bland game that didn't control all that great even at the time. It wasn't the worst movie licensed game ever, but it also certainly wasn't even approaching good.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
The problem with Enter the Matrix was I played it on PC and the god drat Hovercraft sections were virtually impossible so I just quit 80% of the way through the game. I don't really care, that's just a thing about it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Yay I unlocked all the weapons from the first adventure mode in hyrule warriors so now I can grind out the master sword skill >: D

Killing 25k enemies. yaaaay

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
yakuza dead souls is loving weird

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I wordfiltered Zelda to Zelder in my browser and now my life is 2% funnier.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Hey Facts, check out the Star Citizen thread, the last ten pages are kinda gold because Derek doxxed my fake twitter account and is fighting it while we both post our tweets concurrently in the thread. Everyone's a little baffled that he hasn't figured it out and it's pretty hilarious.

Here's the best place to start: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&pagenumber=2381&perpage=40#post457429655

Ravane fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Mar 15, 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Please gas the Star Citizen thread and anyone who posts in it IRL

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Sakurazuka posted:

Please gas the Star Citizen thread and anyone who posts in it IRL

It's the best thread. You should take a look.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Ravane posted:

It's the best thread. You should take a look.

Ah yes, a bunch of sad, pathetic goons making fun of other sad, pathetic goons, without self-awareness "The best"

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Nasgate posted:

Ah yes, a bunch of sad, pathetic goons making fun of other sad, pathetic goons, without self-awareness "The best"

I don't think you've read the thread tbh.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I thought Star Citizen was considered a scam and that was that. I used to see funny posts linked on occasion because dsmart and a couple regulars would occasionally get the dude's wife to write them hilariously snarky emails but I thought like the fun petered out.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
dont wrorry ravan your ability to "own" the famous derek smart will cement you as a legend for years to come because it is a hard thing to do and very cool and memorable

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

derek smart
Derek Smart
DEREK SMART

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

's Desktop Commander

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Something I never figured out, is that actually Derek Smart of Battlecruiser 'fame' or some forum gimmick

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

corn in the bible posted:

dont wrorry ravan your ability to "own" the famous derek smart will cement you as a legend for years to come because it is a hard thing to do and very cool and memorable

Thanks I "owned" him pretty hard and it turned out pretty hilarious because he had me blocked the entire time. I think we all had a good laugh after that. :)

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Ciaphas posted:

Something I never figured out, is that actually Derek Smart of Battlecruiser 'fame' or some forum gimmick

The actual Derek Smart of Battlecruiser fame.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Huh

Well, good for him and the anti-Star Citizen brigade, I guess

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ravane posted:

Thanks I "owned" him pretty hard and it turned out pretty hilarious because he had me blocked the entire time. I think we all had a good laugh after that. :)

Oh man you sure got him good lol

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Schadenfreude and lolz or whatever might be nice but I'd be happier just having more good space sim games out, so some small part of me hopes this Star Citizen thing actually comes to fruiition

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
i dont care if ravane is a dummy or not, i think it's funny that derek smart posted about owning some random twitter user right after someone else posted that they were using that account to troll him

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I wanted Squadron 42 to release so I could play space game stuff but I've written Star Citizen off as a Kickstarter disaster with some downright terrible monetization. If anything neat comes out if it, it'll be a surprise but not an unwelcome one.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

i dont care if ravane is a dummy or not, i think it's funny that derek smart posted about owning some random twitter user right after someone else posted that they were using that account to troll him

I still don't know who Dsmart is or why he matters. But yeah, he's not living up to his last name here.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Pulled half an all-nighter to play more Stardew Valley, but it was worth it:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I hope FF VX comes out this year so people in the FF thread have something new to argue about.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

If you haven't, you should do the Dollhouse sidequest before you finish the game, it's tradition. You get it from a guy in the bar in Prague as long as you have Alice in your group.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i hope ffvx is a cool and fun game. if it is cool and fun, i will play it at some point

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Kanfy posted:

If you haven't, you should do the Dollhouse sidequest before you finish the game, it's tradition. You get it from a guy in the bar in Prague as long as you have Alice in your group.

if you can do it after unlocking the final dungeon, i'll definitely go for it. it's irritating with games like this and tales of the abyss, i'm aware that there are side quests and ways to trigger them but i always end up finding out that i just barely passed the point where i could

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

i hope ffvx is a cool and fun game. if it is cool and fun, i will play it at some point

The demo was pretty fun

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Make sure not to miss getting Amon in the Neamaton Monastery, because once you complete the dungeon its gone for good. I beat the game fine without it, but you lock yourself out of some sidequests.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Accordion Man posted:

Make sure not to miss getting Amon in the Neamaton Monastery, because once you complete the dungeon its gone for good. I beat the game fine without it, but you lock yourself out of some sidequests.

i knew about amon and how to get him, thankfully, so i have him available

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

The Colonel posted:

i knew about amon and how to get him, thankfully, so i have him available
Also RIP Father O'Flaherty.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

The Colonel posted:

if you can do it after unlocking the final dungeon, i'll definitely go for it. it's irritating with games like this and tales of the abyss, i'm aware that there are side quests and ways to trigger them but i always end up finding out that i just barely passed the point where i could

Yeah, I don't think that one has any special requirements. There are some missable areas earlier on like Kowloon back in Asia and a some stuff requires doing things you can no longer do, but that one should be fine.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
james was a good man, even if he had ugly 19th century views on immigrants

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
It's funny that of all JRPGs the Shadow Hearts series is the one where organized religion isn't the bad guy. The Catholic Church did some real hosed up poo poo in the series' past, but pretty much every religious person in Shadow Hearts is either a good guy or morally gray figure.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Mar 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd8giIbPtxA

• Locked thread