Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

trucutru posted:

Some day manga will arrive to the current century and in one we will discover that there is no traitor, the bad guys just hacked their iPhones.

Not if the iPhones were encrypted and the kids were using apps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Not if the iPhones were encrypted and the kids were using apps.

maybe someone in this world of superpowers somehow has clairvoyance? i can't imagine how though, that doesn't fit the setting.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

trucutru posted:

Some day manga will arrive to the current century and in one we will discover that there is no traitor, the bad guys just hacked their iPhones.

Technically this manga is set like 200 years in the future or something I think?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Technically this manga is set like 200 years in the future or something I think?

Ok. iPhone 207 then.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Pinky has the most incredibly awful taste in costumes and I love it.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Also the pattern on her supersuit looks less weird than it does in colored manga illustrations.

This is true, and it's a real shame. I guess it's for the mental health of the animators.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Serious Frolicking posted:

She's clearly well-versed in the field of Dazzle Camouflage.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Serious Frolicking posted:

Nah it's rad

Jintor
May 19, 2014

pinky looks fun.

I dunno why but it hadn't really occured to me how loving crazy monsterous shouji looks good thing he's a cool dude

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I'd like to see Tail Man hang out with some other characters with "boring" powers like the hardeners and Sugar Man and just beat the hell out of some dudes, no gimmicks required

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Hey nonny nonny, we got character designs!

Ojiro is played by Kosuke Miyoshi (First role of note)

Man, this reminded me just how much I like the design of Ojiro's tail. It just looks so drat bulky and heavy and he usually walks around with it just casually draped over one of his shoulders. And if he can just carry it around so easily you know he's gotta be strong. Also, with him being a martial artist that tail just looks like a deadly weapon because you know getting hit by that thing will hurt way more than a punch.

I'm still a little bitter we didn't get to see he and Iida's teacher fight from way back, it was the one I was most looking forward to.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Jintor posted:

pinky looks fun.

I dunno why but it hadn't really occured to me how loving crazy monsterous shouji looks good thing he's a cool dude

The manga does a good job of bucking the trend of nasty powers or mutations that make you look inhuman automatically making you a villain. Yes, plenty of the villains have traditional villainy powers, but so do plenty of the heroes. Shouji looks like a monster of the week, but he's a good guy. That bird guy has shadow powers that have a tendency of running rampant, but he's not evil. Pinky mentioned that her powers have limited scope as a hero, since melting people with acid isn't exactly heroic. Ironically the character that had the most focus on the traditional villain powers, the mind control guy, could easily do a LOT of good with those powers. Mind control may not be nice, but it's a very good way of instantly diffusing conflict. Someone takes a hostage and is threatening to kill them. No problem, just send in the hostage negotiator. The moment the hostage taker responds he's told to put down his weapon, release his hostage and come out and give himself up to the authorities. Nobody gets hurt and no violence is used. That seems pretty heroic to me.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Man, this reminded me just how much I like the design of Ojiro's tail. It just looks so drat bulky and heavy and he usually walks around with it just casually draped over one of his shoulders. And if he can just carry it around so easily you know he's gotta be strong. Also, with him being a martial artist that tail just looks like a deadly weapon because you know getting hit by that thing will hurt way more than a punch.

I'm still a little bitter we didn't get to see he and Iida's teacher fight from way back, it was the one I was most looking forward to.
If his tail is solid muscle it would have the strength to break every bone in your body if he really hit you with it. It's a real shame we haven't seen it in action.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

it actually kind of looks like what i imagine a dinosaur tail to look like, but with a tuft of fur on the end

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I am very disappointed his superhero costume doesn't just have a huge spiky ball on the end of his tail so he can be Ankylosaurus Man

Jintor posted:

it actually kind of looks like what i imagine a dinosaur tail to look like, but with a tuft of fur on the end
yeah, that

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
technically speaking dinosaur tails probably generally had feathers on them

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Tollymain posted:

technically speaking dinosaur tails probably generally had feathers on them

Depends on the dinosaur. The big herbivores had pebbly, elephant-like hides.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

If Hakagura is going to have gloves anyway she should have some shoes as previously suggested since walking on poo poo in a combat environment barefoot is really going to suck as we learned from Die Hard.

It still feels kinda weird she's running around naked in public even though she's invisible though...

I agree Kouda being flesh colored makes him look creepy. Everyone else is pretty neat though, especially fan favorite Pinky.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Mar 15, 2016

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think her manga costume has boots anyway, though I could be misremembering.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Fabricated posted:

If his tail is solid muscle it would have the strength to break every bone in your body if he really hit you with it. It's a real shame we haven't seen it in action.

master of the kangaroo fist

Jintor
May 19, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

I am very disappointed his superhero costume doesn't just have a huge spiky ball on the end of his tail so he can be Ankylosaurus Man

yeah, that

i want a thagomizer

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Roland Jones posted:

I think her manga costume has boots anyway, though I could be misremembering.

I don't think so didn't she leave footprints in the ice during that first attack?

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Radish posted:

I don't think so didn't she leave footprints in the ice during that first attack?

She took off her outfit to try and sneak up on Todoroki, which did not work.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Boots would just be a hassle anyway, since they'd be just one more thing to take off and more cumbersome to do so than with gloves. I'm surprised her school uniform doesn't have a silk balaclava or something to show her head shape and where he eyes are though.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

tsob posted:

Boots would just be a hassle anyway, since they'd be just one more thing to take off and more cumbersome to do so than with gloves. I'm surprised her school uniform doesn't have a silk balaclava or something to show her head shape and where he eyes are though.

You'd think her hero outfit would be something that's super easy to get in and out, like clothes that automatically fly in and dress her at her command. Maybe she could get something made of see-through material that would at least provide a little protection from the elements.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

How do you know that's not the case already? :tinfoil:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Radish posted:

If Hakagura is going to have gloves anyway she should have some shoes as previously suggested since walking on poo poo in a combat environment barefoot is really going to suck as we learned from Die Hard.

It still feels kinda weird she's running around naked in public even though she's invisible though...

I agree Kouda being flesh colored makes him look creepy. Everyone else is pretty neat though, especially fan favorite Pinky.

Isn't Hagakure's hero costume like actual clothes though? Just specially designed clothes that are also affected by her invisibility powers? I swear I remember that being the case, or maybe I just assumed that since a couple of the costumes were designed to have some practical use and not just look cool.

Edit: No wait, just looked it up and that's not the case. I wonder where I got that idea then.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Mar 15, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Well, invisibility isn't her power. She's just invisible like some people are just black or white or intelligent rats.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Radish posted:

We don't know what she looks like though. She may have hobbit feet, monster feet, or generally have a body more similar to Kouda than a "normal" person. Also since he power is apparently not invisibility itself it's even harder to know.

Is it objectification to assume she's not a horribly disfigured human simulacra just because grape boy had her wear a cheerleader outfit and she was lewdly displacing water at the bath?

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
At the very least getting frozen in place during the mock hero-villian trials shows that her footprint looks human.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yuuki Hayashi (Death Parade, Gundam Build Fighters/Try, Haikyuu!) will be composing the soundtrack.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Gyges posted:

We don't know what she looks like though. She may have hobbit feet, monster feet, or generally have a body more similar to Kouda than a "normal" person. Also since he power is apparently not invisibility itself it's even harder to know.

Is it objectification to assume she's not a horribly disfigured human simulacra just because grape boy had her wear a cheerleader outfit and she was lewdly displacing water at the bath?

We've also seen her footprints when she got iced by Todoroki; all the evidence we've seen points directly to "shaped like normal human"

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Yuuki Hayashi (Death Parade, Gundam Build Fighters/Try, Haikyuu!) will be composing the soundtrack.

Basically, seems to be the whole GBF staff on board, with BONES backing them up rather than Sunrise.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Waffleman_ posted:

This is all sounding better than it has any right to be.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh poo poo yes. His work on Haikyuu! is loving fantastic.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Scans in Korean.

http://www.shencomics.com/archives/1198260

Among the 40 students who participated in the training...
15 were unconscious from the gas
11 wounded (both light and severe)
13 uninjured
1 missing

Among the 6 pro heroes...
1 in critical condition after a blow to the head
1 missing, leaving behind large amounts of blood

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The pro missing is Ragdoll by the way, so she's a traitor candidate.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Deku does not look okay. :(

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
;_; so depressed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Early translation is... interesting? Kirishima and Todoroki overhear Momo telling the police about the transmitter she placed on the Noumu. She can make another tracer to find it, Kirishima wants to go help rescue Bakugou- Todoroki apparently AGREES? Iida says it stupid and that it's the pro's job now, and Kirishima looks to Midoriya for an answer in the last panel. The teachers all talk about how bad they hosed up, Nedzu says the fact that there's a traitor is confirmed, but there's no real way to tell who it is so it's not worth going nuts over right now.

Todoroki wanting to go save Bakugou doesn't make a lot of sense. Midoriya agreeing to go wouldn't make much sense either, but I kinda have this feeling the remedial kids and others were left unharmed exactly for the purpose of fighting the strike force leftovers.