Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Symphogear
This poll is closed.
Chris 41 39.42%
Hibiki 26 25.00%
Tsubasa 5 4.81%
Shirabe 5 4.81%
Kirika 3 2.88%
Maria 9 8.65%
Genjuro 15 14.42%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

there usually isn't a lot of sauce, just enough so the pizza isn't dry.

Ah, cool.

Seems like the kind of food that might be popular as hangover recovery food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

It's a sliding scale. It's either her or Tsubasa, probably one reason they get along.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

The true hangover recovery is beer

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Nagi-Asu: A Lull in the Sea got so close to a couple happening then bam back to square one.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
now i want a breakfast burrito

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I'm hungry!

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

The true hangover recovery is beer

Sounds familiar

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

littleorv posted:

I'm hungry!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Blhue posted:

:yeah:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm thinking real hard about the awesome pancakes i'm going to go get for breakfast in about 6 hours

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Strange Quark posted:

Sounds familiar

Your face!

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Blhue posted:

The breakfast burritos at Safeway are great because it's a decent amount of food and it's 3.50, which is dirt cheap by Hawai'i prices.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

Your face!

Turn on your monitor.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

Your face!

Turn on your monitor.

e: this double post brought to you by awful crashing

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hey she had a pretty good showing in GX.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The only breakfast I know in Korea is McDonald's, which I don't do often.

There was a hot dog place that offered bacon, grilled onions, and melted cheese on a hot dog bun. But I don't think they open in the morning anymore.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

My sleep is all hosed up so I'm gonna go for a 2am drive. Maybe.

Also I saw a bunch of cops busting a lot of people today. That was cool.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Strange Quark posted:

The breakfast burritos at Safeway are great because it's a decent amount of food and it's 3.50, which is dirt cheap by Hawai'i prices.

What's loco moco like.

I've always wanted to try it after reading a Wiki page on Hawaiian cuisine.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Knorth posted:

Monkeybirdfriend enjoys bananas, banana bread and ...banana beer?

With a clattering of chairs, upended shell cases, benches, and ottomans, Pirate’s mob gather at the shores of the great refectory table, a southern island well across a tropic or two from chill Corydon Throsp’s mediaeval fantasies, crowded now over the swirling dark grain of its walnut uplands with banana omelets, banana sandwiches, banana casseroles, mashed bananas molded into the shape of a British lion rampant, blended with eggs into batter for French toast, squeezed out a pastry nozzle across the quivering creamy reaches of a banana blancmange to spell out the words C’est magnifique, mais ce n’est pas la guerre (attributed to a French observer during the Charge of the Light Brigade) which Pirate has appropriated as his motto . . . tall cruets of pale banana syrup to pour oozing over banana waffles, a giant glazed crock where diced bananas have been fermenting since the summer with wild honey and muscat raisins, up out of which, this winter morning, one now dips foam mugsfull of banana mead . . . banana croissants and banana kreplach, and banana oatmeal and banana jam and banana bread, and bananas flamed in ancient brandy Pirate brought back last year from a cellar in the Pyrenees also containing a clandestine radio transmitter. . . .

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

What's loco moco like.

I've always wanted to try it after reading a Wiki page on Hawaiian cuisine.

I haven't had it yet, sorry.

But apparently it was invented in a place in Hilo, which I passed by the last time I visited.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't think I could ever remember all the islands in Hawaii.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i cant believe hibiki's dad was that loser guy

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

This loving love octagon Nagi-Asu

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

chumbler posted:

Hey she had a pretty good showing in GX.

Fair enough I suppose. I remember her more for her ball of anxiety moments than her cool moments.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I don't think I could ever remember all the islands in Hawaii.

I don't really bother learning the ones not astronomy related. :v:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

littleorv posted:

My sleep is all hosed up so I'm gonna go for a 2am drive. Maybe.

Also I saw a bunch of cops busting a lot of people today. That was cool.

gently caress the police

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

DisDisDis posted:

With a clattering of chairs, upended shell cases, benches, and ottomans, Pirate’s mob gather at the shores of the great refectory table, a southern island well across a tropic or two from chill Corydon Throsp’s mediaeval fantasies, crowded now over the swirling dark grain of its walnut uplands with banana omelets, banana sandwiches, banana casseroles, mashed bananas molded into the shape of a British lion rampant, blended with eggs into batter for French toast, squeezed out a pastry nozzle across the quivering creamy reaches of a banana blancmange to spell out the words C’est magnifique, mais ce n’est pas la guerre (attributed to a French observer during the Charge of the Light Brigade) which Pirate has appropriated as his motto . . . tall cruets of pale banana syrup to pour oozing over banana waffles, a giant glazed crock where diced bananas have been fermenting since the summer with wild honey and muscat raisins, up out of which, this winter morning, one now dips foam mugsfull of banana mead . . . banana croissants and banana kreplach, and banana oatmeal and banana jam and banana bread, and bananas flamed in ancient brandy Pirate brought back last year from a cellar in the Pyrenees also containing a clandestine radio transmitter. . . .

Good :)

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
O poo poo! The snails ...smelled? the fresh spinach and raced up the sides of their jar :3: greedy snails are good snails

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also there's a local bakery here famous for its malasadas, which I also haven't had. I'm a bad local.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

gently caress the police

Unfortunately I was not blasting gently caress tha police by NWA at the time.

That would have been glorious.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Snail senses

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Strange Quark posted:

Also there's a local bakery here famous for its malasadas, which I also haven't had. I'm a bad local.

Looking it up, they seem similar to something in Korea. Generally filled with red bean paste.

It's good.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Sharkopath posted:

why edit it out if its simple then
I didn't edit it out, I changed it to a remote link. Click the link and the picture's still there.

People on the Internet overreact to even the smallest of details getting spoiled, which is incredibly dumb, but I also think they have the right not to scroll down and see a huge, unobscured image which may or may not be a spoiler as decided by somebody else. The short text posts that followed your post were indeed more explicit, but it's also easier to not read/just scroll through short one-line replies than a giant image that consumes the whole screen. I didn't think the image itself was that big a deal, but I could understand why some people might not want to check the thread to see if a new chapter's out and get hit in the face with a climactic-seeming moment before they've even taken the time to read it.

I typically don't like punishing anybody for posting spoilers unless it's like some super major earth-shattering event. The majority of reports you generate are people being mad about you talking about spoilers. The vast majority of them I mark as non-actionable, with what few I don't I just wind up editing with tags or remote links or whatever. I've only slapped you for posting spoilers twice, one of those being a mistake while the other was very legitimate, and in retrospect still the only time I would've slapped you for posting spoilers thus far.

I cut you a ton of breaks dude, and you don't always make it easy.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I can't believe I missed the new chat thread because I was at work

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Learning how to quick dodge well is getting *pretty* mandatory to doing well here in this Chaos playthrough (I'm past the Fire trial). Until I get my old equipment back I'm still struggling here, but I'm gradually chipping away at the game.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Chuckles is getting serious

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Also I'm gonna start watching Symphogear tonight so I can make an informed vote in the thread poll

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I can't believe how hosed up DST has gotten me.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Invictus isnt a person, spoiling them doesn't count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

So you're 0/2 so far,maybe you should just listen to me more

• Locked thread