Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
That was loving painful. Like all 70 squads at every GE node. Couldn't get through a GS, poe, poggle squad without a suicide swuad to blow their cooldowns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Ularg posted:

So because I can get someone like Dooku in Bronzium, I guess that means to make up for it I can complete 6 hard mode missions three times a piece and not get a single shard. Not. a. single. shard.

I run a lot of Hard Modes and I've definitely noticed a significant decrease in shard drop rates over the last couple of weeks.

I just figure I'm cursed or whatever.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Jibo posted:

I run a lot of Hard Modes and I've definitely noticed a significant decrease in shard drop rates over the last couple of weeks.

I just figure I'm cursed or whatever.

On the other hand, I went 6/6 on FOTP one day last week so... RNG is RNG.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Chilichimp posted:

On the other hand, I went 6/6 on FOTP one day last week so... RNG is RNG.

I went 0/3 for him, 1/6 for Dooku, and 0/6 for Rey today. :argh:

I've seriously had abysmal shard drops lately. I even burned a whole energy bar on Kit in the Cantina yesterday without getting a single shard.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I've been getting great Barriss drops this week. Sorry I'm hogging all the shards.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I went 3/3 in a Rey node today. Maybe you guys should try farming while pooping, it works for me.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Jesus gently caress they want $160 USD for The Force Awakens bundle. I could get three full priced games for four heroes in a F2P phone game.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

WAR FOOT posted:

Jesus gently caress they want $160 USD for The Force Awakens bundle. I could get three full priced games for four heroes in a F2P phone game.

It used to only be 100$!!!!

Wow, loving, are they really taking it the other way?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Gonna guess it is a Canadian price

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
So did Yoda completely gently caress GW or what?

Used to win every day, now I come across him and get chewed to pieces.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

504 posted:

So did Yoda completely gently caress GW or what?

Used to win every day, now I come across him and get chewed to pieces.

Don't let him steal your buffs.

My GW's are easy as gently caress, but I'm rolling with a pretty low-power arena team. Poe isn't even over 5k power.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I like how a mirror image of my A team is way faster and stronger in GW than mine despite my team being completely maxed out.

Hey let's do ten nodes of the exact same level 70 team of sid/daka/phasma/lum

Why do I even play this game; getting repeatedly cheesed isn't fun.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

cowofwar posted:

Why do I even play this game

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

WAR FOOT posted:

Pretty sure that doesn't get you those four heroes at 7 stars or max gear, right? :v:

Even the official forums playerbase seem to be running out of shits to give (except for the inbred cockmonglers that gets down on their knees for one free 1*T-droid).

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Star Wars IP.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I can pretty much confirm that if the formula for determining strength of GW opponents is meant to be "based on the strength of the last squad that you won an Arena fight with", then it's busted. My squad got strong enough that I could sit at rank 50 for 3 days in a row without anyone displacing me, so I just started 3 fights on each of those days that I immediately surrendered in order to get the daily activity. That should've meant my GW opponents would stay around the same strength, but they definitely got significantly stronger with each day, culminating in a squad that was 11 levels above me with everyone at 5-7 stars.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Looking for some allies. Got a near maxed out A-Team. Dunno.

979-416-166

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
New patch notes:
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/20260/game-update-3-15-16#latest

quote:

Greetings Heroes,

Here are the update notes for 3/15/16.

General

Droids Fight Back Event (Google Play Exclusive) – in this limited time event players will be required to form a squad of at least 3 droids to face off against the Jawas. The first tier of the event requires the player droids to be 2 star, the second tier 4 star and the final tier 6 star. Players who can complete the event will be rewarded with various prizes, including the chance to receive droid character Shards!

Darth Vader has had his stats increased if players raise his star tier to 6 or 7. Before, 6 and 7 star Darth Vader characters had reduced stats due to an exploit that allowed players to receive extra Shards for him. Now that those players are no longer a concern, we have increased the power of 6 and 7 star Darth Vader to its rightful place.

The Sullust environment can now be seen in game! It’s smoke filled skies and flowing rivers of lava make for a new exciting place to battle.

New Character(s)

Chief Chirpa
The Chief of the Ewoks on the Forest Moon of Endor

Main Stat: Intelligence
Role: Support
Species: Ewok
Found In: Chromium Packs and Cantina Battle 5-D

Basic
Bounding Strike
Deal Physical damage to target enemy. In addition, Chirpa gains 20% Turn Meter if that enemy had more than 50% Turn Meter.

Special #1:
Ancestral Secrets
All allies recover 10% of their Max Health at the start of their next 2 turns. Ewok allies also gain Retribution for 2 turns, and recover Health for 1 additional turn.

Special #2:
Tribal Unity
Grant all allies Speed Up for 2 turns, then call a random Ewok ally and one other random ally to Assist. These Assists deal 70% less damage.

Leader
Simple Tactics
Ewok allies gain 10% Turn Meter whenever they perform a Basic attack, and other allies gain half that amount.

Characters
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Old Ben) – character shards can now be found for Old Ben in Cantina Battles 2-F and 6-B in addition to Chromium Packs.

Unit Descriptions – the descriptions for a number of characters have been updated to better describe them.

Magmatrooper – Shards for Magmatroper can now be obtained from Chromium Packs.

Ahsoka Tano –
Despite her solid offensive stats, Ahsoka has been underperforming due to her unreliable survivability, compounded by low Speed. Her kit has been revised to give her a chance to shine.

Basic – Energetic Slash
Deal Physical damage to target enemy and Ahsoka recovers Health equal to 6% of her Max Health, increased to 9% on a Critical Hit.

Special – Protective Maneuver
Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If the target has 50% Health or more, all allies recover Health equal to 10% of Ahsoka's Max Health. If the target has less than 50% Health, this attack deals 25% more damage instead.

Leader – Quick Steps
Jedi and Nightsister allies have +10% Evasion.
NOTE: This ability’s Evasion bonus is unchanged, but its major upgrades now cause each affected ally to gain Turn Meter when they Evade, not just Ahsoka. The Turn Meter gain has been reduced to account for this.

Unique – Daring Padawan
Ahsoka has +25% Health and +25 Speed. Whenever she suffers a Critical Hit, she loses one of these effects (in reverse order.) Whenever she scores a finishing blow, she regains all of them.
Bug Fixes

Rex’s Squad Discipline now gives the correct amount of Turn Meter to non-Clone allies.

Rex’s Squad Discipline now grants Tenacity up to all allies instead of just himself.

The bonus DoT effect applied by Darth Sidious’s Demoralizing Blows on a critical hit can be Resisted.

HK-47 no longer gains Offense Up from Superior Firepower before the damage is calculated.

Geonosian Soldier no longer gains Offense Up from Aggressive Advance before the damage is calculated.

Rey's Flurry of Blows no longer triggers a Counter Attack for each hit.

Count Dooku's Leader ability now grants the expected amount of Evasion (was previously granting less than intended.)

Multiple characters previously had abilities where their damage would decrease in some cases when upgraded instead of increasing.

This has been fixed for the following characters
Asajj Ventress
Old Daka
Geonosian Soldier
HK-47
Kit Fisto
URoRRuR’R’R
Ugnaught
Jawa

Several characters have unit descriptions that are outdated or inaccurate. The following characters have been updated to better reflect their capabilities.

Admiral Ackbar
Ahsoka Tano
Barriss Offee
Clone Sergeant – Phase I
Clone Wars Chewbacca
Coruscant Underworld Police
Darth Maul
Darth Sidious
Darth Vader
Dathcha
Eeth Koth
Ewok Elder[url][/url]
Ewok Scout
General Veers
Geonosian Soldier
Grand Moff Tarkin
Greedo
HK-47
IG-86 Sentinel Droid
IG-88
Ima-Gun Di
Jawa
Jedi Consular
Kit Fisto
Lobot
Nightsister Initiate
Nute Gunray
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Old Ben)
Old Daka
Plo Koon
Princess Leia
Royal Guard
Snowtrooper
Stormtrooper
Talia
Tusken Raider
Ugnaught
URoRRUR’R’R

The Dispel effect on Teebo’s Bring Low ability can no longer be Evaded, just like the damage.

Old Daka can no longer Revive herself with Serve Again.

Several characters had stat-boosting effects in their Leader or Unique abilities that could be copied by Grand Master Yoda’s Masterstroke or Battle Meditation; they have been corrected.

Tier two of the Profit Mining event is no longer accessible by players under level 70.

Princess Leia’s Critical Chance Up effect now expires at end of encounter.

Additional things being worked on:

DoT effects being able to defeat an enemy is still being worked on and will be implemented in a future major update.

More characters will have their outdated unit descriptions improved in a future update.

More character bug fixes.

Old Ben is farmable, Ahsoka gets what looks like a decent buff, and Daka loses her self-rez.

Too bad QGJ is still unable to grant offense up on killing blow. Resistance Pilot's tooltips still make no sense, despite changes going to other characters along those lines.

I wonder what BS changes they're sneaking in this time?

Mooktastical fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Mar 14, 2016

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Huh, guess I'm gonna start farming for Old Ben once I get Kylo Ren up another star.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

TARDISman posted:

Huh, guess I'm gonna start farming for Old Ben once I get Kylo Ren up another star.

I'm thinking of just keeping him at the star rank he unlocks at, giving him 0 gear, and leveling him just high enough to get the last level of his death skill.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Well, that was the most absurd RNG luck I've ever seen. Han (L), Lumi, Sid, Daka, gently caress-face. I kill Sid, Daka rezzes. I kill Sid again. I kill Lumi. Then I kill Han (taunt up), he self-rezzes. Because I'm upset, I kill him again, he self rezzes. Daka revives Lumi AND Sid with her heal.
So, to get this straight, on an ability with 35? percent chance, she's 3 for 3. On an ability that has a 1 in 10 chance, she's 2 or 3 for 7 (I think I forgot about a self rez in there). By comparison, I'm about 1 for 20 this GW round (Obviously I've had to reset a few times) on self rezzes, and 0 for about 20 on Daka's revive ability.

quote:

Count Dooku's Leader ability now grants the expected amount of Evasion (was previously granting less than intended.)

This is the best news. I've been wanting to run Dooku lead with Resistance Pilot. This will wreck any team that runs AOE (So like Sid). So far I'm planning Dooku, RP, Lumi, Poe, Sid. I'll replace Sid when I've got GS up to speed, and probably replace Poe once QGJ is 6* (couple more days).

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Mar 15, 2016

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
The vast majority of my Ally list has stopped playing, or so I'm guessing since their people are all low lvl/equipment and haven't changed for quite a while, so add me!

392-957-613

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Old Ben released in Cantina when I'm like two days away from getting Kit Fisto to 7 just for the Yoda event.

:negative:

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Well today was expensive, 5.7 million credits spent.
Poe to 7*
Bariss to 7*
Mace to 7*
Yoda to 7*
Yoda 54 to 70

Ouch.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Yoda is awesome, I wish every character were as fun and effective as he is.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Jibo posted:

Old Ben released in Cantina when I'm like two days away from getting Kit Fisto to 7 just for the Yoda event.

I read this and got all excited that they had made Kit available through non-shop methods, only to open app and be disappointed.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
You guys are crazy. I've been working on getting Bariss up to 5* and it's taking forever.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Hixalot posted:

I read this and got all excited that they had made Kit available through non-shop methods, only to open app and be disappointed.

Oh yeah the guy with a metal face who I forgot about. That guy. He seems okay but he's probably getting cut from team Jedi before JC does.

E:

cowofwar posted:

You guys are crazy. I've been working on getting Bariss up to 5* and it's taking forever.

Barriss just doesn't seem useful enough to me to have to farm out. At least the other dudes will do some damage.

Jibo fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Mar 15, 2016

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Goddamn purple dildos.

Also I was sitting at < 100 in arena so I'm letting myself drop ranks to see if that helps with the endless walls of purple 70s in GW.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Who should I get from the Arena if I already have a max Sid and Eath dude.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

New Ahsoka looks drat good: http://swgoh.gg/characters/ahsoka-tano/

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah I am pretty close to getting her to 6* so I'll be getting her to 7* pretty quickly.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

"Rey's Flurry of Blows no longer triggers a Counter Attack for each hit."

Best game element apparently was not by design

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

Who should I get from the Arena if I already have a max Sid and Eath dude.
IG-88, Savage, or Greedo. Maybe ST Han if you want a non-Poe taunter to use while grinding Royal Guard.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I like Ahsoka concept but she would get iced out of the gate every loving time so I don't use her.

Also there are only three droids and I only have one :(

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

cowofwar posted:

Also there are only three droids and I only have one :(

There are four! IG-86, IG-88, IG-100, and HK-47. There's also Grievous, but let's be serious.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Jenny Angel posted:

There are four! IG-86, IG-88, IG-100, and HK-47. There's also Grievous, but let's be serious.

Thinking of the shard shop...I got 2 Rey shards out of it today, and 2 Vader shards yesterday. Given how little value I put in GW/Arena tokens these days, it isn't too bad of a deal.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Jibo posted:

... Is Kit Fisto F2P farmable?

Jibo posted:

Oh yeah the guy with a metal face who I forgot about. That guy. He seems okay but he's probably getting cut from team Jedi before JC does.

E:

Barriss just doesn't seem useful enough to me to have to farm out. At least the other dudes will do some damage.

Oh... Plo... yeah, go gently caress yourself.

Also, Barris owns, owns, owns, owns in GW. Pop her in lead on an all-jedi team and just auto-play.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Jenny Angel posted:

I thought Cad Bane was a droid... welp. gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Well running a meat bag squad whenever poggle or phasma comes up helps to drain off the cheese attacks and debuffs out of the gate.

Also anyone run phasma, dooku, kylo, qui-jon, lum for counterattack and multiattack? Should be effective vs sid/kylo and aoe squads

• Locked thread