Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Verranicus posted:

Ah, Windower. When you needed a 3rd party program that could get you banned just to be able to play in windowed mode or alt tab.

They built windowed/borderless into the client now! Everybody still uses Windower/Ashita.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
just wiped in sephirot ex after a real good run cause i couldnt tell which orb was orange and which was blue

s m h colorblind compatibility when

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

killstealing posted:

just wiped in sephirot ex after a real good run cause i couldnt tell which orb was orange and which was blue

s m h colorblind compatibility when

I wanna say aside from color, the orbs have slightly different visual effects? Try to look for that.

Obviously a colorblind mode would be ideal, but until they implement such a thing, that might work for you.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Hamsterlady posted:

I wanna say aside from color, the orbs have slightly different visual effects? Try to look for that.

Obviously a colorblind mode would be ideal, but until they implement such a thing, that might work for you.

Green has more of a vertical cateye sort of pupil whereas orange is just a circle, but if someone is colorblind I'm not sure how easy it is to differentiate those nuances in the orbs to begin with.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
my workaround is probably going to be voice but I'm just kind of bummed because all the other trials avoided the error and here they could have made the orbs a sphere and a pyramid or whatever. wiping a raid on a trivial mechanic is super embarrassing, like if it was da'at so be it but this made me quit to read a book.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
They've redesigned mechanics to make them more color-blind accessible before, so hopefully they'll address that. Although you might want to bring it up on the official forums (I know, I know) if no one else has.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I left a suggestion but honestly it's an extreme trial so it's not that big a deal. Just shows how much voice can add to team organization, I'm trying again after grabbing my midas helm tomorrow (still running i200 hat)

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
Doesn't orange have thorned vine around it?

It would still be great if they added alternative color patterns for sure though.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

They previously changed T9 so that the golems had different outlines to them even if you couldn't see their colors. The orbs on Sephirot Extreme already has this by one of them being distinctively thorny and the other not. Thorns = orange

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Seriously didn't notice the thorns, thanks for the headsup! Back to cracking corny jokes on voice I suppose. And yeah I've seen the other changes to make the game easier for mutants like me. But I guess in this case the answer was git gud

Orange DeviI fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Mar 15, 2016

URL grey tea
Jun 1, 2004

IT'S A SAD THING THAT YOUR ADVENTURES HAVE ENDED HERE!!
You can also straight up cheat by adding these triggers to ACT:
code:
<Trigger R="You suffer the effect of Force Against Magic" SD="Magic" ST="3" CR="F" C="SephEX" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
<Trigger R="You suffer the effect of Force Against Might" SD="Might" ST="3" CR="F" C="SephEX" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
Might is orange, Magic is green. You can add these by going to Options > Configuration Import/Export > XML Share Snippets and paste into bottom right window, then Import Above Data.
Make sure Sound Settings is set to Windows API Sound if you have any other triggers setup for text to speech.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
You're lovely! It's a bit of a crutch, but it'll have to do until I'm quick about noticing the thorns (did a quick run and was pretty hard to notice - though the subsequent wipe wasn't my fault at least)

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

I'm gonna play this game again.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

My HW order came from eBay and it was empty, billed as being a sealed CE game with codes, so I get to chargeback that while I order it for $25 off Amazon Prime like I should have the whole time. I've used eBay since 2000 and never been burned... until Tanaka's magic came into play.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Wangsbig posted:

I'm gonna play this game again.

Good, it's a fine game.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Can any MCHs on PC share their keybind layout? Between the million oGCDs, several of which you want to hit in quick succession, it feels like I want almost all my buttons within easy reach.

(Except Supressive Fire. I don't think I've ever needed that.)

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I know it's my fault for being on Balmung and being in a roleplay FC, but some RPers are pretty gross.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Verranicus posted:

I know it's my fault for being on Balmung and being in a roleplay FC, but some RPers are pretty gross.

Why are you in a roleplay FC?

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

ApplesandOranges posted:

Can any MCHs on PC share their keybind layout? Between the million oGCDs, several of which you want to hit in quick succession, it feels like I want almost all my buttons within easy reach.

(Except Supressive Fire. I don't think I've ever needed that.)

I use F, G, Q, E, R, T, V, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Mouse 3, Mouse 4, Mouse 5

Ive used these as the same standard keys in every mmo ive ever played since City of Heroes.

The idea is to have a central button group around WASD so that you never have to take your hand away from movement keys to hit a key.

1-4 are buffs. Shift 1-4 are situational buffs ( Turret Buffs and Gauss Attatchment )

FGQ are the main combo. ER are Dots or Damage buff attacks.

Mouse 4 is always execute attack. Shift Mouse 4 is stuff like the gauss barrel attack. T and Shift T are the turrets ( t for rook, shift t for bishop ). V and Shift V are aoe attacks.

Shift FGQER is all stuff like knockback, silence etc.

The only attack or skill i dont keep a hotkey for is Limit Break. I purposely keep it to the side bar so that it doesnt get accidentally used.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

vOv posted:

Why are you in a roleplay FC?

My wife wanted to be in one.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Verranicus posted:

My wife wanted to be in one.

Fair enough.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Verranicus posted:

Balmung is like a really lovely safari

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I tried MTing on sephirot ex tonight as WAR and I think it's a better MT on that fight than both PLD and DRK. I haven't played with dark personally, but almost all of the damage in the first phase is physical so the magic cooldowns don't really help. The tankbuster is enough to kill most PLDs or DRKs unmitigated but a war in 218-220 gear has 30k hp in defiance so it's real easy to never get one shotted even without cooldowns. With thrill or equilibrium used between the buster and cleave a war MT can take both unmitigated.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

I tried MTing on sephirot ex tonight as WAR and I think it's a better MT on that fight than both PLD and DRK. I haven't played with dark personally, but almost all of the damage in the first phase is physical so the magic cooldowns don't really help. The tankbuster is enough to kill most PLDs or DRKs unmitigated but a war in 218-220 gear has 30k hp in defiance so it's real easy to never get one shotted even without cooldowns. With thrill or equilibrium used between the buster and cleave a war MT can take both unmitigated.

The effective HP of a Warrior is equal to that of a DRK or PLD.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Dukka posted:

Says the guy with a room in the "Catty Shack"

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Tales from the Duty Finder:

I needed some exp, so I went into a couple roulettes. The first one is chimera. No sweat. The next one ended up being Cutter's Cry, so I guess it was just a Chimera kind of night. I was put in a party with a clearly new tank and he was doing his best, so I didn't bust his chops or anything. The story kicks in at the chimera. The tank and dps both gently caress up one of the eyes and die, so it's me and a scholar left over. The Scholar calls for a wipe, but I'm kinda stubborn so I figure I'll just fight until I die. Come to realize that I can actually pull it off if the Scholar keeps on going. Sure enough, I managed to bring the boss down from...I dunno, 35% or so. Ninjas are tanks now, I guess. Poor dark knight was like "You're doing it better than me." Makes me wonder if I could solo that dungeon.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Tanking in tank stance without cooldowns isn't that impressive. More like wasteful. Also thrill isn't mitigation, but it's still increasing your effective hp, which is the same thing that mitigation cooldowns do, so I'm not sure what your point is. Paladins can block up to 29% of every tankbuster for no opportunity cost without using any other cooldowns.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
I haven't been playing this game long enough to notice. Does the weekly reset time get changed based on daylight savings?

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I only have 38m left on the challenge log deadline, so I doubt they've changed the time for it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hommando posted:

I haven't been playing this game long enough to notice. Does the weekly reset time get changed based on daylight savings?

No, nor do the daily resets.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
It's back. And now it will never leave. :kheldragar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7c9tJ5AYN4

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
If we do not have that playing 24/7 in all three FC houses until the end of time, we will have failed as a community.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
this event is amazing

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Reiterpallasch posted:

If we do not have that playing 24/7 in all three FC houses until the end of time, we will have failed as a community.

Less than 6 hours in and people are already bitching about Pa-Paya in the PBC FC House.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

E: There were like 40 bots kicked :v:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Haquer posted:

I like the last one.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Fister Roboto posted:

Tanking in tank stance without cooldowns isn't that impressive. More like wasteful. Also thrill isn't mitigation, but it's still increasing your effective hp, which is the same thing that mitigation cooldowns do, so I'm not sure what your point is. Paladins can block up to 29% of every tankbuster for no opportunity cost without using any other cooldowns.

I'm just saying that I find it much easier to personally MT that fight. I do also use cooldows. It just seems like a better fight for a war MT to me.

KaneTW posted:

The effective HP of a Warrior is equal to that of a DRK or PLD.

I understand, but with all the groups I've ran with, a war MT on that fight in particular seemed to do better than anything else. ive tanked the fight plenty as both PLD and WAR and DPSed with all three combinations of tanks. I was just trying to see if other people has tried and what their results were.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Haquer posted:

Vandes used to invite bots into Novice Network, I'm sure someone else has taken up the mantle by now.

I can't wait for that Waffles guy to report me.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Verranicus posted:

A non-trivial subset of RPers are literally only in it for the catgirl sex. RPers in general tend to be decent people (if a little dramatic), but goddamn some of them make me reconsider my life choices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

Dukka posted:

As long as you stay away from various infamous ERP spots, you're usually pretty safe.

Except for that time I ran into ERPers who were ERPing next to the Minicactpot board in /say.

Haquer posted:

I really don't see why people bother kicking bots. Given that the GMs stance on the Novice Network is apparently "anything other than actual harassment goes" I have a feeling that, if anything, the people kicking the bots are most likely to receive the bans while the bots get to continue farming gil for the gil selling sites. And it's not like there's any sort of need to free up slots for actual new players given that I've never seen the number of novices hit 100 and it's only by mass inviting bots that you can get the new player count to get past like 10.

• Locked thread