Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?
I actually thought DWG3 was really, really bad and Reborn was the best in the series so far. You should at least give Reborn a chance if you see it on sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naginalJJ
Feb 10, 2007

Baby, looks like a dance epidemic to me
I'm seeing things I thought I'd never see
Dance epidemic tonight
Yeah Reborn is pretty drat great. Definitely get it

DaveCG
Nov 5, 2009
I really enjoyed reborn too, however it is stupidly easy. I'd recommend starting the game on hard if you've played lots of warriors games, made for a much more intense experience for me.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
If you treat Hard as Normal, it's a good warriors game.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Ironically, Reborn feels like a transitional game so I wouldn't be surprised if Reborn 2 actually balances things out better.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Sigh.

So I can run Dynasty Warriors 8 Complete and Empires on high without issues for hours on end, but it seems Bladestorm(A snap purchase just today) sends internal temperatures shooting up and is crashy(Whether the one causes the other I don't know). Any thoughts or ideas?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

K-T are badthoroughly inconsistent at PC ports

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

naginalJJ posted:

Yeah Reborn is pretty drat great. Definitely get it

At the time it came out there wasn't a lot positive being said about it.

None of the new suits made up for the lack of an actual crossover story mode or the fact that it's almost as grindy as DWG2, IMO.

DWG3 plays nearly identically, has more fleshed out maps, more varied missions, and a batshit crazy crossover story with virtually no grinding. Meanwhile you have to do things like get 10000 kills in each suit (except for mass produced suits which you need 5000 instead for most) to get full completion in DWGR.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Every DW game is insanely grindy though. I put like 40-50 hours in to DWG3 and didn't even come close to maxing out everyone's friendship levels or even finishing all the missions.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Also DWG3's maps were literally all just rooms with small hallways connecting them, so it's really not much better than big featureless open space.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Sakurazuka posted:

Every DW game is insanely grindy though.

I donno about you, but I plan to get every single character in Warriors Orochi 3 up to level 1,000 :black101:

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Grind is OK to deal with when you get a rhythm going, or when things are going well. If you're not getting anywhere, it's horrible. And moreso if the game's gating you somehow.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Mar 5, 2016

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Most Dynasty Warriors games lately are only really grindy when you're tryng to 100% them. DW8's grind comes from completing weapon collections and bonds for example, but from a gameplay perspective they are fairly unnecessary. DWGR makes you do those 10k kills with a suit tasks to unlock a fair amount of levels.

Also for a bit of perspective, getting total 100% (all S rank suits, everyone leveled to the max, relationships all maxed, all missions beat on hardest difficulty) took me about 300 hours in DWG3. I'm at over 1000 hours in DWGR and still haven't completed everything.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!
Cool, thanks for all the comments. I'll definitely get Reborn next time it's on sale then. Playing Pirate Warriors 2 and really loving it despite never watching any One Piece has got me more interested in the other anime Warriors games.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

For the love of god don't play or buy or think about buying Ken's Rage 2

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

Sakurazuka posted:

Hah thanks! Yeah as much as I enjoyed Ken's Rage, I've been well warned against KR2 from following this thread in the past. Shame, the first one was fun.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Sakurazuka posted:

It's not that bad. I mean, it's not good either, but it's not the level of terrible you're implying.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Maleketh posted:

It's not that bad. I mean, it's not good either, but it's not the level of terrible you're implying.

Yes

Yes it is

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/03/09/dragon-quest-heroes-ii-details-class-changing-skills-abilities-co-op/

More details on DQ Heroes 2. Major additions are the main characters able to class change, and 4 player co-op.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Tae posted:

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/03/09/dragon-quest-heroes-ii-details-class-changing-skills-abilities-co-op/

More details on DQ Heroes 2. Major additions are the main characters able to class change, and 4 player co-op.

Class changing will definitely push this into a keeper for me; DQ: Heroes was nice but I didn't feel the combat was in and of itself good enough to keep me playing the postgame content; changing classes means I won't have two identical main characters, which renders one redundant.

I wonder if the mains will have all unique classes or if they get to pick from the "classes" of the various other characters.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I assume it'll just be a collection of classes that can be found in DQIX.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Why would Bladestorm crashing affect the keyboard in Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires? I dunno, but it's happening. The pad works, the keyboard doesn't. A full restart is required to fix it.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

This is only tangentially related to the thread but I've been checking out Gundam Breaker 3 on PS4 and it's everything that Gundam Warriors Reborn should've been with a whole shitton of customization options on top. You have to go farming if you want certain bits and it's kind of a clusterfuck at times but lordy is it fun and fast. It's getting an International English release in a bit, I think, but there's already a ton of translation guides if you're happy to play in Japanese.

Also SW4E is out in a week and I am excited to make a shitton of OCS DO NOT STEAL and then insert them in place of all the principal characters.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:
I've not played the newest wave of Dynasty Warriors games, but I'm a bit disappointed they haven't ran with the promising Musou Battlefields idea. If they put enough effort into that mode, I'd find it hard to play any other mode.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Manic X posted:

I've not played the newest wave of Dynasty Warriors games, but I'm a bit disappointed they haven't ran with the promising Musou Battlefields idea. If they put enough effort into that mode, I'd find it hard to play any other mode.

They don't want to make it too good, otherwise they would kill off their ability to make money selling level packs.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

Musou battlefields was a bit screwed up anyway. It was shown that superpowered enemy officers were actually weaker. I think it's on Ponctans YouTube channel.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
This is apparently a thing:

http://gematsu.com/2016/03/dynasty-warriors-live-action-movie-production

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's pretty much what Red Cliff was anyway

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Roger Craig Smith for Zhang Liao.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

That's pretty much what Red Cliff was anyway

I guess the main difference will be Zhang Fei actually using a spear instead of tackling people and the horse they rode in on.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
They better go all out with the craziness of the series. I want Lu Bu on a 6 foot tall Red Hare and Pang Tong doing that OP tornado musou.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I just hope it's better than the stunningly boring anime version

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I'm probably going to buy SW4: Empires unless somebody here who is ' ' in the know' ' tells me that its secretly some kind of terrible disaster or whatever

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I would but I'm saving it for my birthday

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Sakurazuka posted:

I just hope it's better than the stunningly boring anime version

I hope you mean the actual RoTK anime and not the ever awesome Soten Koro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBBVPSsFCUc

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Whoops I meant the horribly dull actual Samurai Warriors anime, I got confused

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sakurazuka posted:

Whoops I meant the horribly dull actual Samurai Warriors anime, I got confused

Yeah, that one was dreadfully bad.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

I really appreciate the addition of clan objectives in SW4E. I'm not always up for a marathon-length game, and they're fairly quick, short goals.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

Easter sale on PSN in EU but no SW4.

I wanted SW4-2 then after last years sale on SW4 ended I decided I wanted that instead :classiclol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Maleketh posted:

I really appreciate the addition of clan objectives in SW4E. I'm not always up for a marathon-length game, and they're fairly quick, short goals.

How is it so far? I kinda want to give it a try, but I was not too crazy about DW7 Empires.