Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
granting someone an indemnity to go physically harm someone else is probably a crime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

It's so terrifying seeing apparently intelligent young people unironically parroting dumb Trump talking points. But it just goes to prove one of my core bits of life philosophy, which is that being intelligent does not in fact inoculate someone from belief in staggeringly moronic nonsense, and in fact may leave them vulnerable to particular types of it. Like how anarcho-capitalism appeals to a bunch of otherwise brilliant college students, or how a lot of dominionists are actually quite smart people. Intelligence can be, and often is put to service for moronic ideas. If an intelligent person takes their own intelligence as a sign of their superior ability in seeking out the truth, they're probably gonna roll around in the poop, metaphorically speaking.
It takes humility, self-awareness, and empathy to avoid being suckered into a chronically stupid set of ideas; Trump supporters lack all three, as we've seen in this very thread, with people like Saurus and Boosted showing their total disinterest in the value and basic human dignity of people that are not like them. Which is more than just psychopathic - it's stupid. and I don't care that this might not be an effective line against the Trumpeters, who revel in their cosmic denseness. I just want to take the opportunity to state my unfiltered opinion of these people, because they're exhausting. They were amusing before, but the reaction to what happened in Chicago and to Trump's incitement to violence shows just how ugly they are on a moral level. This is not funny anymore, people, it's horrifying. It shows that at least a solid 25% of the American voting body are loving barbarians. My mother always said the percentage of the population that are irredeemable assholes is around 15%, but nope, it's 25%, clearly. Now, they might have their reasons, and they might have been hosed over repeatedly by sociopathic free trade loving rich bastards in both parties, but that does not excuse what we've seen and heard from them, and it does not excuse their support of Trump. I don't care to compare Trump to Hitler or any other fascist, racist nationalist, or cult of personality. What matters is that he's a toxic, divisive figure that endorses the dumbest poo poo consistently. For every reasonable opinion he has, he has twenty batshit insane opinions. He wouldn't make America great again - look at what people are saying about him around the world. I mean, I know that the Trumpeters and Republicans in general have a bloody-minded unwillingness to factor in the opinions of the rest of the world, but it matters. We have to elect a leader the rest of the world will respect, and Trump is not that leader. They all think he's a loving clown, and he wouldn't prove them wrong. A world leader worthy of respect would not brag about their penis on national television. But I guess this sort of thing is part of the appeal for the Trumpeters. They want a candidate that shares their values, and Trump's gutter rhetoric confirms to them that he is their man. Still, they have no consideration for how Trump's rhetoric might come off to anyone else, and there we see the lack of awareness and the lack of empathy on full display. We say to them "don't you see how it might bother some people that Trump wants to institute a religious test on who's allowed to enter the country?" and they respond with something like "lol, Muslim-loving liberal". We ask about The Wall, and they repeat Trump's assertion that Mexico would pay for it, absent any rational reason why this would end up coming to pass. We point out his history of misogynistic and racist statements, and they say "gently caress PC". Like the whole PC thing wasn't a Rush Limbaugh talking point in the beginning, which of course it was, and it was never, ever about anything other than white men being upset about being unable to sexually harass women and say the n-word. Others have taken up the charge in response to a small group of idiot slacktivists with too much time on their hands and a poor understanding of what a microaggression is; they claim that these dumb kids are the real problem, in a classic instance of false equivalency. Yet the number of what have been termed "SJWs" is dwarfed by the number of people frustrated that they have to say racist, sexist, and homophobic things in coded language, and even there may be called out. They could realize that saying hurtful and demeaning things about people for aspects that they have no control over is a thing assholes do, but they'd rather continue being assholes and whine about how their free speech is being suppressed. Maybe you could, I dunno, stop saying demeaning poo poo to people, and if you say something that someone finds insulting, have an honest conversation rather than getting defensive? Nah, that's clearly too much work. Easier to pretend you're the real victim, and this big bad PC culture is bullying you, telling you that you can't "tell it like it is" (and really, when has "tell it like it is" NOT been used to refer to someone shameless enough to say the offensive poo poo others are restrained from saying because they know the consequences?). It's endlessly depressing to me how many intelligent people adopt this anti-PC rhetoric. Maybe it's uncharitable to suggest that they all want to call women cunts. Some, I assume, are sincere free speech advocates. But those people should be aware of whom they're making common cause with, and it's an ugly group. It's amazing to me how it doesn't bother people when they make common cause with giant assholes. It bothers me that Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris are out there speaking for atheism, and that Cornel West and Al Sharpton are out there speaking about racial injustice. It doesn't mean that they don't have some valid points, but I won't defend the rear end in a top hat saying them or the excesses of their rhetoric. The most reasonable Trumpeters seem to have no compunction defending the worst among their brethren, and of course defending or brushing off the verbal diarrhea emitting from the mouth of their candidate.

Disclaimer: I am a former Bernout turned reluctant Clinton supporter, and a white male probably straight autistic atheist about to get a BA in Psychology, so this is pretty much throwing stones while living in a glass house.

TLDR - I can't stand Trump or his supporters anymore, and I don't really care if the SA Trump supporters are trolling, I prefer to think they're serious about being giant pricks. gently caress 'em.

source your quotes

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Maoist Pussy posted:

As a white male probably straight autistic atheist about to get a BA in Psychology, Trump is actually the smart choice, friend.

idgi

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

It's so terrifying seeing apparently intelligent young people unironically parroting dumb Trump talking points. But it just goes to prove one of my core bits of life philosophy, which is that being intelligent does not in fact inoculate someone from belief in staggeringly moronic nonsense, and in fact may leave them vulnerable to particular types of it. Like how anarcho-capitalism appeals to a bunch of otherwise brilliant college students, or how a lot of dominionists are actually quite smart people. Intelligence can be, and often is put to service for moronic ideas. If an intelligent person takes their own intelligence as a sign of their superior ability in seeking out the truth, they're probably gonna roll around in the poop, metaphorically speaking.
It takes humility, self-awareness, and empathy to avoid being suckered into a chronically stupid set of ideas; Trump supporters lack all three, as we've seen in this very thread, with people like Saurus and Boosted showing their total disinterest in the value and basic human dignity of people that are not like them. Which is more than just psychopathic - it's stupid. and I don't care that this might not be an effective line against the Trumpeters, who revel in their cosmic denseness. I just want to take the opportunity to state my unfiltered opinion of these people, because they're exhausting. They were amusing before, but the reaction to what happened in Chicago and to Trump's incitement to violence shows just how ugly they are on a moral level. This is not funny anymore, people, it's horrifying. It shows that at least a solid 25% of the American voting body are loving barbarians. My mother always said the percentage of the population that are irredeemable assholes is around 15%, but nope, it's 25%, clearly. Now, they might have their reasons, and they might have been hosed over repeatedly by sociopathic free trade loving rich bastards in both parties, but that does not excuse what we've seen and heard from them, and it does not excuse their support of Trump. I don't care to compare Trump to Hitler or any other fascist, racist nationalist, or cult of personality. What matters is that he's a toxic, divisive figure that endorses the dumbest poo poo consistently. For every reasonable opinion he has, he has twenty batshit insane opinions. He wouldn't make America great again - look at what people are saying about him around the world. I mean, I know that the Trumpeters and Republicans in general have a bloody-minded unwillingness to factor in the opinions of the rest of the world, but it matters. We have to elect a leader the rest of the world will respect, and Trump is not that leader. They all think he's a loving clown, and he wouldn't prove them wrong. A world leader worthy of respect would not brag about their penis on national television. But I guess this sort of thing is part of the appeal for the Trumpeters. They want a candidate that shares their values, and Trump's gutter rhetoric confirms to them that he is their man. Still, they have no consideration for how Trump's rhetoric might come off to anyone else, and there we see the lack of awareness and the lack of empathy on full display. We say to them "don't you see how it might bother some people that Trump wants to institute a religious test on who's allowed to enter the country?" and they respond with something like "lol, Muslim-loving liberal". We ask about The Wall, and they repeat Trump's assertion that Mexico would pay for it, absent any rational reason why this would end up coming to pass. We point out his history of misogynistic and racist statements, and they say "gently caress PC". Like the whole PC thing wasn't a Rush Limbaugh talking point in the beginning, which of course it was, and it was never, ever about anything other than white men being upset about being unable to sexually harass women and say the n-word. Others have taken up the charge in response to a small group of idiot slacktivists with too much time on their hands and a poor understanding of what a microaggression is; they claim that these dumb kids are the real problem, in a classic instance of false equivalency. Yet the number of what have been termed "SJWs" is dwarfed by the number of people frustrated that they have to say racist, sexist, and homophobic things in coded language, and even there may be called out. They could realize that saying hurtful and demeaning things about people for aspects that they have no control over is a thing assholes do, but they'd rather continue being assholes and whine about how their free speech is being suppressed. Maybe you could, I dunno, stop saying demeaning poo poo to people, and if you say something that someone finds insulting, have an honest conversation rather than getting defensive? Nah, that's clearly too much work. Easier to pretend you're the real victim, and this big bad PC culture is bullying you, telling you that you can't "tell it like it is" (and really, when has "tell it like it is" NOT been used to refer to someone shameless enough to say the offensive poo poo others are restrained from saying because they know the consequences?). It's endlessly depressing to me how many intelligent people adopt this anti-PC rhetoric. Maybe it's uncharitable to suggest that they all want to call women cunts. Some, I assume, are sincere free speech advocates. But those people should be aware of whom they're making common cause with, and it's an ugly group. It's amazing to me how it doesn't bother people when they make common cause with giant assholes. It bothers me that Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris are out there speaking for atheism, and that Cornel West and Al Sharpton are out there speaking about racial injustice. It doesn't mean that they don't have some valid points, but I won't defend the rear end in a top hat saying them or the excesses of their rhetoric. The most reasonable Trumpeters seem to have no compunction defending the worst among their brethren, and of course defending or brushing off the verbal diarrhea emitting from the mouth of their candidate.

Disclaimer: I am a former Bernout turned reluctant Clinton supporter, and a white male probably straight autistic atheist about to get a BA in Psychology, so this is pretty much throwing stones while living in a glass house.

TLDR - I can't stand Trump or his supporters anymore, and I don't really care if the SA Trump supporters are trolling, I prefer to think they're serious about being giant pricks. gently caress 'em.

a real autistic would have used some god drat paragraphs

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Zohar posted:

source your quotes

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

Hahahaha

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot
Disclaimer: I am a former Bernout turned reluctant Clinton supporter, and a white male probably straight autistic atheist about to get a BA in Psychology

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Wheeee posted:

a real autistic would have used some god drat paragraphs

oh

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
I am a former Bernout turned reluctant Clinton supporter, and a white male probably straight autistic atheist about to get a BA in Psychology.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

this is actually illegal and toxic friend grats on your probation :byewhore:

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

stoutfish posted:

:thumbsup:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

stoutfish posted:

lol

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Mods, please wordfilter "c\/ck" to "former Bernout turned reluctant Clinton supporter, and a white male probably straight autistic atheist about to get a BA in Psychology", tia. Also the obverse.

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster
You never see Trump supporters going to disrupt Bernie or Hillary rallies, so I dunno why everyones so quick to call them violent. These protestors are like the Kansas bible funeral protestors that sue the pants off of whoever gets mad enough to hit them. A few incidents don't override the original intent to provoke someone into doing it eventually, especially in a *High Energy* place like a Trump rally. The whole things retarded.

So many people are taking the media bait on this issue.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

Like how anarcho-capitalism appeals to a bunch of otherwise brilliant college students

this is the best part fyi

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

U mad?

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot
Disclaimer: As a cuckholded cismale cumskin who is doing his Master's thesis on Kabbalistic analysis of colonialist themes in superhero movies who has often wondered what it would feel like to put something in my rear end, I just can't even when Trump and his supporters say rapey stuff like "schlonged".

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

T r a v i s posted:

Disclaimer: As a cuckholded cismale cumskin who is doing his Master's thesis on Kabbalistic analysis of colonialist themes in superhero movies who has often wondered what it would feel like to put something in my rear end, I just can't even when Trump and his supporters say rapey stuff like "schlonged".

same except anime

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
I'm probably straight too.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Better suck a few dicks to be sure.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

T r a v i s posted:

Disclaimer: I am a former Bernout turned reluctant Clinton supporter, and a white male probably straight autistic atheist about to get a BA in Psychology

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Whether Trump wins Ohio and Florida or doesn't win, somebody's gonna be having a meltdown by the end of today :dance:

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

Oh scratch that, somebody's melt down started early:

quote:

Rubio: I'm Not Dropping Out, Even If I Lose Florida GOP Primary

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) said Tuesday he plans to stay in the Republican race for the White House even if he doesn't win the primary in his home state tonight.

Rubio said polls that show him trailing frontrunner Donald Trump by 20 points are "way out of whack" and "absurd."

“Tomorrow our plan is to be in Utah campaigning irrespective of tonight,” he said in a radio interview on WDBO, which was first flagged by BuzzFeed. “It would be a lot better to go to Utah being the winner of the Florida primary. It would give us a tremendous amount of momentum. It would give us 99 delegates, and that’s the way we want to do it tonight.”

We went on to say, "I can't guarantee a win today, [but] I'm telling you, we expect to win tonight."

Rubio also reiterated that he would still back Trump is he was the party's nominee but said that promise is getting more difficult keep as the billionaire says more "unacceptable" things.

“Every day that goes by, it gets harder and harder to imagine supporting Donald Trump if he’s our nominee, simply because I think that many of things he’s doing and has done are damaging to the conservative movement,” he said.

Rubio also predicted a "great reckoning" for the GOP if Trump is the party's standard-bearer.

Florida is viewed as a must-win primary for Rubio's campaign. TPM's Poll Tracker Average shows Trump leading the senator by 21 points, with Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) only five points behind Rubio.

The campaign has battled reports that Rubio would drop out before the Florida contest after disappointing showings. CNN reported Monday that a major super PAC backing Rubio has not reserved any TV ad time after Tuesday's primary.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

stoutfish posted:

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot
/!\ CAUTION /!\ Extremely hot take incoming where I use the expensive and prestigious degree that I used to diagnose myself with a mental condition that makes me more excited about the toy in my Happy Meal than the McNuggets, and technical heterosexuality as a result of being too anxious to act on my constant thoughts about men's penises, to plumb the dark depths of the psyche of people who are critical of globalism. Flush eyes copiously with water on contact and keep out of reach of children or people with a child's understanding of the historical significance of "nationalist" rhetoric.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

T r a v i s posted:

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

T r a v i s posted:

/!\ CAUTION /!\ Extremely hot take incoming where I use the expensive and prestigious degree

Wait, I thought he said he majored in Psych?

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot
As someone who has spent his entire adult life and hundreds of thousands of dollars learning the science of Jewish mind control to get my foot in the door of the imprisoning people without a trial industry, I support Hillary Clinton for President and I am pretty sure I'm a heterosexual.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

T r a v i s posted:

As someone who has spent his entire adult life and hundreds of thousands of dollars learning the science of Jewish mind control to get my foot in the door of the imprisoning people without a trial industry, I support Hillary Clinton for President and I am pretty sure I'm a heterosexual.

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot

I'll buy this as my avatar when I buy the smiley.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
I want an avatar like my old one except it is Donald Trump in a Roman equites helmet and he is smashing globalism, liberalism and cultural degeneracy.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
my prediction is that trump obliterates every poll and will ride into the rnc heaven on in a limo the corpses of kasich, rubio and jeb being pulled by a despondent chris chrstie while trump is all shiny and chrome.

people want a contested convention but there won't be enough blood. i want trump to win it all, i want to see if they rat gently caress him for all the world to see with hundreds upon hundreds of pissed off trumpites. or they will force themselves to eat the poo poo sandwhich they made and smile like the monkeys they are. either they slay their god or supplicate at his feet.

gently caress, this is going to be beautiful. rome is burning and we have a front row seat.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Dapper Dan posted:

my prediction is that trump obliterates every poll and will ride into the rnc heaven on in a limo the corpses of kasich, rubio and jeb being pulled by a despondent chris chrstie while trump is all shiny and chrome.

people want a contested convention but there won't be enough blood. i want trump to win it all, i want to see if they rat gently caress him for all the world to see with hundreds upon hundreds of pissed off trumpites. or they will force themselves to eat the poo poo sandwhich they made and smile like the monkeys they are. either they slay their god or supplicate at his feet.

gently caress, this is going to be beautiful. rome is burning and we have a front row seat.

"we" being white middle-class people. "they" (the burning ones) being brown and poor people.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

Apparently Kevin D. Williamson of the National Review has opinions on Trump and Trump supporters. Still behind a paywall but this screenshot is circulating:

This guy has been freaking out about the unworthiness of of white Americans for a while now but I think comparing Trump to Oxy is a new one for the GOP establishment. You can tell they're all really feeling good about the primary.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Fidel Castronaut posted:

"we" being white middle-class people. "they" (the burning ones) being brown and poor people.

you could always go protest his rallies for that authentic experience

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

For Eastern Kentucky, the famine was the great potato famine, which sent a bunch of Irish people to the U.S. so they could get black lung in Appalachian mines.

Even barring that, that guy's argument is super dumb.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Actually, "we" is the American people, a large number of whom are brown, and "they" is the GOP establishment and some non-citizen slave labor.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

I guess I didn't parse that Homeric poetry correctly.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Maoist Pussy posted:

Actually, "we" is the American people, a large number of whom are brown, and "they" is the GOP establishment and some non-citizen slave labor.

pretty much this. just sit and witness the death of the modern republican party friends, watch their hopes, their dreams and their future die. savor it. fear comes later, if it comes to that. but until then, we watch the gop burn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

T r a v i s posted:

/!\ CAUTION /!\ Extremely hot take incoming where I use the expensive and prestigious degree that I used to diagnose myself with a mental condition that makes me more excited about the toy in my Happy Meal than the McNuggets, and technical heterosexuality as a result of being too anxious to act on my constant thoughts about men's penises, to plumb the dark depths of the psyche of people who are critical of globalism. Flush eyes copiously with water on contact and keep out of reach of children or people with a child's understanding of the historical significance of "nationalist" rhetoric.

• Locked thread