Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
God Bless Texas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?
No, actually, I think it's more like:

Texas: Bless your heart:

For those of you unfamilliar with the term:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bless+your+heart

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!
and "I'll pray for you" is southern for "gently caress You!"

Source, I am a TN Resident, unfortunately.

I have become accustomed to replying "Well gently caress you too!"

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
no really I drive with these people I'd like to thank the roads of Texas for pulping them

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
Well gently caress, it was me today. Three way mini-roundabout, everyone appears around the same time, there was a few moments of confusion as no-one wanted to go first then I decided to go for it just after the guy to my right had the same idea (UK, so he had right of way), making him stop sharply. It was my fuckup for pulling out looking to make sure I wasn't being blocked to the left rather than if poo poo was coming from the right and I'm pretty pissed off at myself, so I'm sorry random guy, and I'm glad you were paying more attention than me. Minor poo poo on the scale of things, but I hate loving up like that.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

DesperateDan posted:

Well gently caress, it was me today. Three way mini-roundabout, everyone appears around the same time, there was a few moments of confusion as no-one wanted to go first then I decided to go for it just after the guy to my right had the same idea (UK, so he had right of way), making him stop sharply. It was my fuckup for pulling out looking to make sure I wasn't being blocked to the left rather than if poo poo was coming from the right and I'm pretty pissed off at myself, so I'm sorry random guy, and I'm glad you were paying more attention than me. Minor poo poo on the scale of things, but I hate loving up like that.

How are you ever going to Win At Driving if you admit to making a mistake and try to learn from it to avoid doing it again in the future? That's showing weakness! :v:

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

PT6A posted:

How are you ever going to Win At Driving if you admit to making a mistake and try to learn from it to avoid doing it again in the future? That's showing weakness! :v:

That's correct, I know for a fact that my driving skills are infallible and I am a perfect driver.

Signed, a poster who crashed his own car by being a dick and a poster who accidentally raced a police officer.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Protocol7 posted:

That's correct, I know for a fact that my driving skills are infallible and I am a perfect driver.

Signed, a poster who crashed his own car by being a dick and a poster who accidentally raced a police officer.

Is this you? :allears:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9deY0f_CRSs

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
There's one idiot in a white Tesla Model S with whom we do not share the road any more, mostly because he drove onto the tram tracks around the corner from where I live :golf:

This is where he ended up:

And I think this is how he got there:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

mobby_6kl posted:

Still, that lead to a crash so he's a dick by definition.

Not to mention if you watch the whole video, the brake-check rear end in a top hat sped off and didn't even bother stopping to help. So yeah, they knew what they did and didn't want to suffer repercussions, makes them an unsafe, reckless rear end in a top hat.

antisodachrist
Jul 24, 2007
This happened in a suburb here in Atlanta today around 4:30 PM and will gently caress up traffic since it took the power out. The Georgia Department of Transportation says they do not expect normal traffic flow to be restored in the area for five-to-six hours. There is so much going on in the pic, and I have no details on what happened exactly.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
brake check guy is a hero

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

antisodachrist posted:

This happened in a suburb here in Atlanta today around 4:30 PM and will gently caress up traffic since it took the power out. The Georgia Department of Transportation says they do not expect normal traffic flow to be restored in the area for five-to-six hours. There is so much going on in the pic, and I have no details on what happened exactly.

Holy poo poo this picture. It's like a bunch of random things photoshopped into one pic. Why are 3 people fighting (dancing?) behind the SUV? Why does it look like one of them is wearing a riot helmet? Why is that guy yelling at a garbage truck? How does a full size SUV get so messed up by a pole?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Trees are pretty goddamn solid man, at least until they start rotting. I'd say that SUV got off easy.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Stolen from the China thread.

sirnollem
Apr 12, 2008

Gorson posted:

Why are 3 people fighting (dancing?) behind the SUV?

Blow the picture up looks like they are carrying a child away from the crash

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

PT6A posted:

Some cars crashed into a restaurant near me today and people are calling it "a freak accident." No it loving isn't, something caused those cars to leave the street and enter the restaurant, and I'll bet dollars to donuts someone was doing something wrong and quite possibly illegal.

This kind of attitude, that there are such things as "freak accidents," really helps justify and perpetuate lovely and dangerous driving. It was daytime in good weather, dammit! Someone hosed up big!

You'll be happy to know that in traffic engineering we call them crashes or collisions because referring to them as "accidents" implies that they're unavoidable or unpreventable.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.

antisodachrist posted:

Where is this? I want to go check out the aftermath at around 11 tonight.

antisodachrist
Jul 24, 2007

PenisMonkey posted:

Where is this? I want to go check out the aftermath at around 11 tonight.

Johnson Ferry and Roswell rd in Marietta. They are now saying the intersection will be shut down until tomorrow.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Thanks. I'll swing by there tonight.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

PenisMonkey posted:

Thanks. I'll swing by there tonight.

Probably best to walk there.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
I don't think it'll be jammed up around midnight.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

At least the people here know it's "Right of Way" and not "Ride of Way"

:rolleyes:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Uthor posted:

Stolen from the China thread.

Did she try to put her foot down instead of, like, operating her vehicle? :wtc:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

PT6A posted:

Some cars crashed into a restaurant near me today and people are calling it "a freak accident." No it loving isn't, something caused those cars to leave the street and enter the restaurant, and I'll bet dollars to donuts someone was doing something wrong and quite possibly illegal.

This kind of attitude, that there are such things as "freak accidents," really helps justify and perpetuate lovely and dangerous driving. It was daytime in good weather, dammit! Someone hosed up big!

well you see, its rude and utter reprehensible to imply that people made choices that led to lovely things happening to them. if you'd like more info, go up to D&D and ask.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Raluek posted:

Pretty sure it's target fixation. Instead of plotting an escape route, all she sees is "oh gently caress I'm gonna hit that thing" and heads right in to it.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

xzzy posted:

Pretty sure it's target fixation. Instead of plotting an escape route, all she sees is "oh gently caress I'm gonna hit that thing" and heads right in to it.

She was looking at her phone, didn't look up until half a second before impact and only had time for that jerk reaction.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

You'll be happy to know that in traffic engineering we call them crashes or collisions because referring to them as "accidents" implies that they're unavoidable or unpreventable.

I learned that from Hot Fuzz!

Actually, I learned it from Driver's Ed, which basically said unless someone involved had a medical episode that they were unaware of previously, and caused a collision, someone hosed up if a collision occurred. It was further reinforced when I got my pilot's license, where it was pointed out that every incident has a "cause chain" that likely could've been broken at any number of different points, which I think is a good way of looking at things too.

Most of all, I think you shouldn't get to drive a car on public roads unless you recognize that cause and effect govern the universe, and there's always responsibility somewhere.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Raluek posted:

Panic mode. Was she actually looking down at the phone until the very last moment? Goddamn

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Nitrox posted:

Panic mode. Was she actually looking down at the phone until the very last moment? Goddamn

Yeah if you blow up the gif and watch it a few times you can see she's riding with neither hand on her handle bars and is clutching something right in front of her face until the last second. In the still frame you can see it in her left hand (right side for us)

As she hits you can see it fly upward out of her left hand. I'm loathe to call it hilarious because she might be grievously injuried, even dead from that head hit, but god drat if you assume she walked away okay it is hysterical to see that phone fly away

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010
Using this handy paint recreation, can you figure out what happened to me this morning?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
You drove past a school

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer
and there was a RACECAR

anna TIGER

anna ARMY MAN

anna VAGINA

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Killstick posted:

Using this handy paint recreation, can you figure out what happened to me this morning?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAKE!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm guessing a crossing guard at a school zone got mad at you and blew you up with an IED. I'm sorry about the loss of your trans am.

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010
I don't know how you got a school out of that square, but you were right!! We'll it's a daycare anyway.

They are doing some construction at the daycare and were digging with explosives and had shut down the road leading past, but not the exit i came from. So i just drove out there, heard the siren going and though "oh they're blowing something up nearby" then i noticed that the thing they were blowing up was right next to the road i was on, and weirdly there were no other cars around. Anyway, the construction worker guys fired really judging faces at me when i drove past the checkpoint. Not my fault they can't close a road properly.

I didn't hear a bang at the end of the siren, i hope i didn't make them cancel the blast : (

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Who the gently caress excavates with explosives in a populated area these days?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

xzzy posted:

Who the gently caress excavates with explosives in a populated area these days?

:catbert:

awesome people.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Hey man, sometimes you're digging a trench for something that has to roll downhill and you find a bigass ledge. Do you:
1. install a shitpump that has to have an access hatch and be repairable and cost 5-6 figures
2. spend days/weeks with jackhammers and non-explosive rock breaking equipment (which costs $$$$$$$) to do it, all while the road is torn open and traffic is turbofucked
3. say gently caress it, get a blasting permit, a couple hundred bucks worth of dynamite, a blasting mat or two (BTW - they're made from steel aircraft cable and large bundles of cut up used tires) and have it done the next day?

I know what my choice is, it's TIME TO PLAY WITH EXPLOSIVES AND BLOW poo poo UP!

e: hydraulic tools for non-explosive concrete/rock splitting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihBwB06JYiE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6oHz-_hn5g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIlohiX86O0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNHWVW0QVag
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks40-3MNxGY

e2: if you want to do it by hand, here you go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBMcMGBhUVk

kastein fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Mar 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance