Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Daemonlasher posted:

Yeah picking up a second monitor tomorrow but will get started around noon EST and be streaming till late.

I'm working until about 5pm est so move me down in the queue!!! I haven't read the thread though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I played more Willump than anyone in this thread I'm pretty sure and I've entirely abandoned the champ. His objective control is close to worthless right now

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I got Molten Rammus and a Poro ward in a box :v: Other two accounts had skins I already owned.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

kingcobweb posted:

I played more Willump than anyone in this thread I'm pretty sure and I've entirely abandoned the champ. His objective control is close to worthless right now

Is it just because the neutral objectives are worthless right now and the game is too short for the lead you get from them to matter because I love the yeti and I feel the same way. :(

e: Why yes Rito, I will take that free mecha ward, thanks! You can keep Special Forces Gangplank though.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

It's kinda funny to dumpster toplaners with ice baragges for a while but that only lasts for so long before you fall off a cliff and stay there

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Kashuno posted:

this sounds stupid fun

It sure was with bond

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I wanted to see what the returns on these chests were like so I bought a ten pack, and it seems like it's about 40% champion shards and most of the skin shards I got were for old and bad legacy stuff.

Riot says that everything you get out of the boxes is a bargain but considering you can get stuff you own or stuff they don't sell anymore because it's bad this is only technically true. I ended up with a p cool Hecarim skin out of it and two champs, and a bunch of the crafting stuff. Not great.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I mean it's a bargain if you get them for free

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Well they specifically said buying them is always a bargain. The rate at which you'll get actual stuff out of free chests is going to be glacial.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I never experienced disco nunu. I'm so glad I didn't.

Hextech Crafting should be fun though.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
For Daemonlasher:

Here's a replay of a game I did last night where I think I did okay but definitely misplayed in lane a couple times and could hae won harder and also was in posiiton to maybe be able to carry but couldn't (mostly because of some bad decisions by team shot-calling wise at the end), I'm just including it because it's recent and sort of fresh in my mind but I can get some others also

http://www.replay.gg/search/na/steven pardon#2125615737

I don't know if maybe one where I just ate rear end and did terrible would be better

Here's one where I did ok but maybe didn't poo poo on Nasus as hard as I could have and maybe made some mistakes later I dunno

http://www.replay.gg/search/na/steven pardon#2121690006

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Mar 15, 2016

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I had a bunch of RP sitting around so I tried the 11 chest bundle. Mostly skin junk and skins I already owned, but I got a shard for Pulsefire Esreal. It costs 3000 Essence to actually unlock though; none of the chests had Essence in them, and disenchanting everything else I got still doesn't even put me close to being able to unlock it.

Unless there's another way to earn essence other than getting ~400 per month from disenchanting whatever you get in your monthly chests, I don't see how you actually unlock anything you get in this system.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Welcome to free to play gaming

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Yeah but like you can't even buy essence. How the hell do I actually unlock this?

I rerolled the other 9 skins I got into permanents and got Gragas Caskbreaker, TPA Ezreal, and Defender Leona, which are 2020 RP total, so I guess technically I saved money? Plus I have this Legendary Shard I can't unlock.

Aerox fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Mar 15, 2016

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
The entire point of the system is to get you to play more, get you lusting after stuff, and get you to ultimately spend more money on the game. That was the design goal, and it will work because people are stupid and easily manipulated.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

K8.0 posted:

The entire point of the system is to get you to play more, get you lusting after stuff, and get you to ultimately spend more money on the game. That was the design goal, and it will work because people are stupid and easily manipulated.

Also, if people are strong minded enough to just treat it as a free skin every couple months, you got more "content" than you used to, for nothing. I'm not strong, I'll waste hundreds on these boxes.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
The whole system seems needlessly complex and puzzle-piece like instead of "here's a free thing"

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
I like it and I also like dynamic queue a lot, even when I'm queueing by myself.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
SKINNER

BOX

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

kingcobweb posted:

The whole system seems needlessly complex and puzzle-piece like instead of "here's a free thing"

It feels like they fundamentally misunderstood TF2s chest/crafting system. You pony up money for chests and keys, which give you items instantly and directly, or you disenchant poo poo you don't want but can use the parts from that to build poo poo you DO want over time but it takes way longer.

I thought all the chests were going to be like the free one where you got at least some essence + a shard when you opened them, but that's not the case. Here, the chests just kind of suck because whatever you get out of them you still won't be able to use because essence seems really hard to come by. You have to find something you want and then just sit on it for a month or two while you disenchant everything else you get. It really doesn't tap into the psychological thing TF2 does because it already seems like a slog and there's no instant gratification.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The instant gratification is just buying the skins for money.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Apparently Kindred's passive can target Baron? That's lame.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
Kindred gets stacks for rift herald and baron, yes

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

Apparently Kindred's passive can target Baron? That's lame.

If so I'm pretty sure that's new and almost certainly a bug.

KicksYouInHalf posted:

Kindred gets stacks for rift herald and baron, yes

Really? If so I've not seen it before and that's kinda a 'gently caress you.' "You want another stack of your passive? Well, roll the dice! Do you kill scuttlecrab or force a Baron?"

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Mar 15, 2016

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Daemonlasher posted:

Yeah picking up a second monitor tomorrow but will get started around noon EST and be streaming till late.

I'm home and you're offline, I'd like to speak to your manager

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

ImpAtom posted:

If so I'm pretty sure that's new and almost certainly a bug.

It means I have to miss like 6-7 stacks since it's not like I can solo Baron.

And you know not for nothing but it does say jungle monsters...

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's to stop kindred from power farming forever and late game being a ridiculous problem.

On twisted treeline it just stops spawning entirely

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
You know the stacks aren't like, tied down to them, right? Like you can get your stack from raptors or whatever and then hop over to baron for another. It's just a way to keep scaling if no one wants to fight after you've gotten your normal pve stacks. If you are seeing an indicator on baron's area and have <6 stacks, it is scuttler.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Kashuno posted:

It's to stop kindred from power farming forever and late game being a ridiculous problem.

On twisted treeline it just stops spawning entirely

KicksYouInHalf posted:

You know the stacks aren't like, tied down to them, right? Like you can get your stack from raptors or whatever and then hop over to baron for another. It's just a way to keep scaling if no one wants to fight after you've gotten your normal pve stacks. If you are seeing an indicator on baron's area and have <6 stacks, it is scuttler.

So after a certain amount of stacks it auto-targets Baron for the rest of the game?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
After 6 or 7 stacks iirc then you can only farm champs

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I got a chest already, how do you get keys?

Xyretire
May 22, 2003
Lickin' the Gun.

Stefan Prodan posted:

I got a chest already, how do you get keys?

Win games. Not sure what the chance of getting one is but supposedly all you need to do is win.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Kashuno posted:

After 6 or 7 stacks iirc then you can only farm champs

That's not so bad then.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
day 1 of the chestapocalypse:

normal queue is a barren wasteland, populated only by roving deathsquads of bored platinum and diamond players attempting to abuse the system to get more S ranks to fill out their already burgeoning war chest

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Xyretire posted:

Win games. Not sure what the chance of getting one is but supposedly all you need to do is win.
There's a chance to get a key shard, and you need 3 key shards to get a key.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
playing against platinum and diamond players in normals doesnt sound like a different experience, to me

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I forgot to record my game I played for coaching today but tl;dr I double killed their bot lane twice during laning and ran around the map getting CS and I died to Teemo mushrooms like an idiot and we won, the end.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
a replay of me playing pantheon, please review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG6DifUtPvs

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

a replay of me reading ur posts: https://youtu.be/nB1PvtJzVPw?t=16

jk i like u henk man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman