Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

TTerrible posted:

Hello from my spaceship.

What exactly am I seeing :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Tippis posted:

Why Sweden?

Swedish gangsters?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Swedish gangsters?

I suppose, but a bit too subtle or oblique.

Just shop some shotguns into this one and put it in the background instead:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Tippis posted:

I suppose, but a bit too subtle or oblique.

Just shop some shotguns into this one and put it in the background instead:

Yeah, I didn't really get it until you questioned it.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Scruffpuff posted:

Now I'm picturing an Obama stylized poster of Chris Roberts with the text "No we can't."

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
jeff goldblum could save me from this nightmare

i need this

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Maybe all of crocrumkin's hand flailing is actually an elaborate semaphore communication.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Xaerael posted:

Maybe all of crocrumkin's hand flailing is actually an elaborate semaphore communication.

Haven't we done the Caesar on an aldis lamp joke before?

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

I see the new Humble Bundle is selling CryEngine assets, so expect new and awesome astroturf floormats for ships, and (ooh!) even a MoCap paintball fps - Star Marine's back on the menu!

https://www.humblebundle.com/cryengine-bundle

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

intardnation posted:

my other cat!

your cat is blurry

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Tippis posted:

Why Sweden?

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Yeah, I didn't really get it until you questioned it.

yes sweden

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

TTerrible posted:

Hello from my spaceship.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

:five: :five: :five: :five: :five: :five:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

trucutru posted:

your cat is blurry

High fidelity motion blur.

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

CryEngine 5 announced: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-03-15-crytek-announces-cryengine-5-adopts-pay-what-you-want-model

It's apparently free to use (pay what you want), has an asset store, DX12 support and heavy VR focus.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015
Cryengine 5 announced, in the reddit thread about it the question is how would this affect Star Citizen.

Response:

quote:

It is just code.
They can simply buy the engine and do with it as they please (use parts they want).

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4ak66c/discussioncryengine_5_announced_how_will_affect/d110xpf

Finally a guy that understands game development :)

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe
Nothing to do with SC, but here's a geek joke:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
UE4 really ate everyones lunch. I'm not sure CE5 will compete with the Amazon fork (can't remember what its called) let alone Unity and UE

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

iron buns posted:

CryEngine 5 announced: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-03-15-crytek-announces-cryengine-5-adopts-pay-what-you-want-model

It's apparently free to use (pay what you want), has an asset store, DX12 support and heavy VR focus.

:lol:

The only ship CIG haven't missed is the Titanic

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Iglocska posted:

Cryengine 5 announced, in the reddit thread about it the question is how would this affect Star Citizen.

Response:

quote:

It is just code.
They can simply buy the engine and do with it as they please (use parts they want).

:laffo:
Killing me.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6466468/#Comment_6466468

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Define "gets it".

You are reading the same thread, right? That being the case, did you clearly - and conveniently - miss the part where they really thought I had actually straight up doxed a war vet?

Or the part where they actually thought the person behind the troll account was my nephew (Ricky. lol!!)? That despite the fact that I had blocked that person weeks ago because he's an annoying poo poo.

Or the part where, after reading about it here, it finally dawned on them that I had outed a troll account?

If you missed all the above clues, then sorry to say, you're just as clueless as they are.

It's called a reverse troll.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Have any of the CIG devs ever called their engine StarEngine, or is it something marketing or the cultists came up with themselves?

e:

D_Smart posted:

Define "gets it".

You are reading the same thread, right? That being the case, did you clearly - and conveniently - miss the part where they really thought I had actually straight up doxed a war vet?

Or the part where they actually thought the person behind the troll account was my nephew (Ricky. lol!!)? That despite the fact that I had blocked that person weeks ago because he's an annoying poo poo.

Or the part where, after reading about it here, it finally dawned on them that I had outed a troll account?

If you missed all the above clues, then sorry to say, you're just as clueless as they are.

:allears: Oh my god this just gets better.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

They're bat-poo poo insane. Truly.

I don't even follow /r/Derek Smart/ and only get to see the hilarity when something interesting pops up in Google Alerts. But this incident was truly remarkable in its ability to deliver the lulz. It's like every week, they try to one up themselves.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
:negative:

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

D_Smart posted:

Define "gets it".

Never change Dr. Smart, never change. :allears:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I've got a new guitar so double gently caress you star sitizen

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

im dying, help

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
Fascinating.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Yolomon Wayne posted:

While Elite has
Sidewinder, Eagle, Imperial Eagle, Viper mk3, Viper mk4, Cobra mk3, Cobra mk4, Imperial Courier, Imperial clipper, Imperial Cutter, Federal Dropship, Federal Assault Ship, Federal Gunship, Diamondback scout, Asp scout, Asp Explorer, Python, Anaconda, Fer-De-lance, Vulture, Hauler, Type 6, Type 7, Type 9, Orca plus any i missed out of this, and people will arguet that SC has WAY MOAR SHIPS than E:D?

http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Ships

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

The ship computer is constantly yelling "critical failure imminent" at me. It's been doing that for 10 minutes though so not sure what's going on

An evil bandit shot the engines of my ship while I was running around a station. Luckily the engines reappeared when I re-entered the ship. No harm done

When you leave ships alone they start to slowly rotate counter-clockwise. Probably for the same reason toilets on earth flush to a certain direction.

the cryastro stations are very selective with their repairs. This also happens IRL so very realistic detail indeed.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

two thumbs up

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

D_Smart posted:

Define "gets it".

Thank you Uncle D for schooling everyone it was much needed and it is certainly not you missing the funny here nope.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
jeff goldblum could save me from this nightmare

LITERALLY selling jpegs now

WHAT. THE. gently caress.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

D_Smart posted:

Define "gets it".

Dear uncle Derek, you may not remember it but I was the one that suggested you start this thread. Because I like your uncle antics! And, as a good nephew let me tell you this is getting embarrassing.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

"It's called a reverse troll! You guys just don't understand, gawd!"

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

D_Smart posted:

Define "gets it".

Speaking of backwards, can you please PM me a LoD key so I can Let's Play it?

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Define "gets it".

Derek, my best advice is, take 30 minutes out of your busy day, read the last 50 or so pages of this thread, contemplate what has transpired here and then never mention it again, to anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

shall we take bets on the price of the new ship? I'll take 700-750 USD

• Locked thread