Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

There's a post on the official forums that says they're just doing testing with the steam servers or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Open beta hype?

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

:yeah:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

oh neat when

i shoudl pop into the slack nvm

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Okay, here's what I've got for the new OP: http://pastebin.com/uwwUCAXN
If anyone has anything to add, like a tip or webm, feel free to post it.

Any ideas for thread titles? The best idea I've come up with so far is "Tree of Savior OBT: Save the Rainforest, Fight LumBRjacks", but I'm not really in love with it.

Baltoire Exuberant
Mar 29, 2010
I skipped out on closed beta for this but as a hopeless addict of Ragnarok I am very intent on spending a lot of time in this game as soon as it is out.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I wonder if we're talking character wipes or not during Open Beta. Seems to vary based on the game. Soon as I hear 'no more wipes' I'll probably be there Cartar Stroke things to death.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Well korean open beta didn't wipe into release, but I'd say it is safe to assume they'd keep the option open just in case something crazy were to happen.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Something about gem roasting would be amicable.

auzuguwu
Oct 30, 2011
pvp vs musketeer

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

Mike believed in the shooting star, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then,but that's no matter. Tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther... and then one fine morning-
So we beat on, subs against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
So I keep hearing this game is on steam, but I can't find it. Have I been duped? If so, how completely?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Verbose posted:

So I keep hearing this game is on steam, but I can't find it. Have I been duped? If so, how completely?

It's not on Steam yet. The devs are trying to Green Light it in time for the open beta launch which hasn't started yet.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

The game was greenlit ages ago, the first two betas were on steam. It just isn't a public game so there isn't any listing for it. The entry for the beta was actually removed from peoples libraries around the time open beta was announced, it'll probably pop back up soon

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
oh neat ToS website got an overhaul

it even shows a panel saying it's coming to steam soon, under the directory that is

auzuguwu
Oct 30, 2011
game will be released on march 22nd
if you pay $50
600TP = $60 = 3 months of premium

https://treeofsavior.com/news/?n=278

auzuguwu fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Mar 15, 2016

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Don't have time to check the forums right now, but lol. I've already enjoyed the like 200~ hours I've played so I'm in. Anyone else?

At least you get the full value of your purchase in currency...

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Eh, $50 is a little too steep for me I think. I'll look forward to F2P, but the whole April -> June timeframe is just completely saturated with releases as it is.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
I just got Black Desert to hold me over otherwise I'd be a definite yes for a founders deal. Dark Souls 3 also comes out next month... We'll see.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Guess I'm waiting until June, or maybe May. I liked what I played of the game, but not $30-50 like

I feel like this is gonna backfire on them so hard

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

auzuguwu posted:

game will be released on march 22nd
if you pay $50
600TP = $60 = 3 months of premium

https://treeofsavior.com/news/?n=278

I'll let the suckers get through the issues and figure out if the game is actually good or not. People are a lot more honest when they have to pay money for something, so nothing up until this point has been worth paying attention to. The game will be in a better state by June and those of us who are smart won't have to pay anything for the privilege. Win/Win every single time to just wait it out.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

The only thing on IMC's end that worries me is the 4 hours per 1 TP timer, because in the Korean version the timer is 2 hours. It's not really a big deal though cause I'm sure you can get more than enough warp scrolls and res stones anyway. On the player's side, this will almost definitely hurt population, and that sucks.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

I said come in! posted:

People are a lot more honest when they have to pay money for something, so nothing up until this point has been worth paying attention to.

sunk cost fallacy

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

3 loving months of head start. This is the most insane thing I've seen

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Did they change the exp rates or anything? Or does it still take 5 days of nonstop grinding to get through prison.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Cao Ni Ma posted:

3 loving months of head start. This is the most insane thing I've seen

Its basically B2P for the first 3 months if anything, its not like a super limited headstart pre-order thing.

But the $50 pricepoint is quite steep, it'll hard getting people to rope their buddies into the game like that. 30/20/10 would probably get more impulse nuys and stuff.

Drakes fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Mar 15, 2016

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

Mike believed in the shooting star, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then,but that's no matter. Tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther... and then one fine morning-
So we beat on, subs against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
Their $50 reward is super lackluster for that kinda money

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Hy_C posted:

Did they change the exp rates or anything? Or does it still take 5 days of nonstop grinding to get through prison.

The way I understand it is getting to 200 should be pretty smooth, you get crazy bonuses from using the dungeon finder thing, but after that it can get pretty grindy

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/announcement-on-founders-server-and-the-future-schedules/144950

lol, the OP got hidden by the community

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Yeah I'm not at all interested in either paying $50 for a probably bug-filled sparsely populated beta or being three months behind everyone.

Oh well, cbt was kinda fun.

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

only only only only only only
$50 for headstart is pretty steep and 3 months is an insanely long period for a headstart, though it does come with the pay currency for the game too so if you were planning on being a Real Subscriber of the game anyways it's just asking for 3 months upfront.

The upside to this is that if you read the official forums or reddit you can find a lot of people being enraged at the concept of a video game costing money. Not that $50 is too much for the game, or that the headstart system is going to hurt the player base, but that the devs have the audacity to charge money at all. They've also been pretty pissed at the idea of the premium subscription since that was revealed and I think you can even buy that with ingame currency. People getting real upset about free to play is amusing to me for some reason.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

I could imagine myself putting $50 into this game, if I got to experience OBT and liked it and then made that decision. CBT wasn't exactly a great selling point, what with the horrendous lag and no trading. Either they're trying to sell a turd for a lot of money, or hopefully they've improved the game experience a lot but are asking players to pay a lot of money blind.

People complaining about it costing anything at all are a bit dumb, sure. I'd probably pay $20 for early access.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
am I understanding it right, that people who do this will be on a server that only they can get on? So F2P people will be on a different server?

this is like begging for all the preorder people to end up on a dead server

Gandor
Apr 22, 2008
Guess I'll be waiting until June so see ya then!

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Eonwe posted:

am I understanding it right, that people who do this will be on a server that only they can get on? So F2P people will be on a different server?

this is like begging for all the preorder people to end up on a dead server

if that's true then they've really hosed up. if it's not true, im likely to drop 50 cause i had an amazing time during the beta. b2p for this makes way more sense than chinagame2.exe imo

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yea I will probably spend $50 if they can clarify that

if this is a founders only server for real though, lmao

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Eonwe posted:

yea I will probably spend $50 if they can clarify that

if this is a founders only server for real though, lmao

imagine getting the privilege of paying 50 to kill the main reason to play a f2p game

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Thank god, hopefully the backlash will cause a change.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

so when the game goes f2p, all the new players are going to join the servers that aren't filled with max level poopsockers. unless imc opens only the minimum to contain all players on f2p launch, founder servers are gonna be wastelands lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
pretty much

hopefully when they say founders servers

they don't mean founders only servers

but they probably do

• Locked thread