Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Well, thats not too encouraging tbh. You have no AGL card with Blazing Battle, which means you take double the damage you should be taking. Unless you have a giant bowl of luck, as in he never multi-attacks and never supers, you're probably not going to kill him without using stones.

First step: Get a better leader. Lacking alternatives, it has to be Videl for 25% ATK - +3 Ki isn't important. Even in the worst case scenario (aka not getting any Ki boosts on Goku on the way to Broly) thats 10 Ki you need to set up in 5 turns - Anyone else doesn't matter, feed them your random 1 Ki baubles as long as Goku gets his super off every turn - and that should be pretty easy. Take Fruit of the Tree of Might for +3 Ki if you can't get it any other way that turn.

It might be doable with the right friend leader (Kid Buu or maybe SSJ AGL Adult Gohan), but honestly I wouldn't bother. Try and get an AGL R Trunks and maybe a leader with +HP/ATK to AGL for the next dokkan festival and you should be good to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
The new Strike Tien has that +30% HP/Atk leader skill for AGL.

Up to 8 1st Form Cells, should be able to get him Dokkaned at some point today, hopefully. Might take a stone for stamina.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Echophonic posted:

The new Strike Tien has that +30% HP/Atk leader skill for AGL.

Up to 8 1st Form Cells, should be able to get him Dokkaned at some point today, hopefully. Might take a stone for stamina.

Doesn't the event end on Friday? I guess you have stones to spare?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

ChronoReverse posted:

Doesn't the event end on Friday? I guess you have stones to spare?

Oh, thought it was Thursday. Might take it a bit slower, then.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Echophonic posted:

Oh, thought it was Thursday. Might take it a bit slower, then.
Probably Thursday for EST people. But still, you only need 2 more right? You could probably get it today with just natural stamina.

As a sidenote, I didn't fully appreciate how strong SSJ3 Goku (and presumably other top-class SSR's) were when I only had occasional access via friends. Hitting harder on a normal non-type-advantaged hit than SR's do with a super at the same level is just gamebreaking.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Just got the SSR 18! Maybe that will help my Cell chances. The only problem is I need 8 more Shen awakening medals. What's a good place to farm them?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Why not just use the INT awakening map? I've been taking heavy advantage of those maps being up 24/7, just try to get all the bronze capsules you can.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

The Ninth Layer posted:

Why not just use the INT awakening map? I've been taking heavy advantage of those maps being up 24/7, just try to get all the bronze capsules you can.

That event ended last night. Back to each the different daily medals.

When I've been trying to farm specific rare medals, there are a couple of stages that have them, but the drop rate is pretty bad on the one you want. It's probably best to keep checking the Baba Shop and hoping they're there.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

New Leaf posted:

Just got the SSR 18! Maybe that will help my Cell chances. The only problem is I need 8 more Shen awakening medals. What's a good place to farm them?

Oh yeah, tried using awakened Rs to get SA boosted on my SSR 17, but SR*s are only 5% on a SSR. It's not an efficient use of bronze medals at all.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

The Ninth Layer posted:

I thought I was flush on those until just now. Had no idea I was so low.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
You definitely need another AGI nuker AND rampage disabler, preferably like the Gohan or Kid Trunks. Relying on one AGI nuker with no AGI rampage disabler is too hard.

I dokkan awakened my LR INT Cell and I feels it is an underwhelming card for a LR. Plenty of SSRs hit harder AND spams stronger supers and are less effort to obtain.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Aww yeah, got my AGL Cell Dokkaned and got an Earth's Savior Hercule from the Friend gacha. Also got a dupe STR Super Trunks earlier. Not too shabby.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Baba had the Medals I needed this morning, and adding 18 to the team made a huge difference. I also got the SR Phy non-SSJ long haired Trunks in the multi that netted me 18, so he's helping link to STR Gohan as well. I can beat Cell with 1-2 stones now with the right leader. Sometimes he can down me in a round if he multi-attacks and one is a Super. Don't know if I'll manage to get to 13 medals by the end, but I'll try! Broly will have to wait.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Echophonic posted:

Aww yeah, got my AGL Cell Dokkaned and got an Earth's Savior Hercule from the Friend gacha. Also got a dupe STR Super Trunks earlier. Not too shabby.

Yeah - I'm loving this new friend summon. Getting some more good Rs off this bad boy.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I got an awakening SR Phy Vegeta with a friend summon so that's nice.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
8 medals down, 5 more to go

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Webbeh posted:

Yeah - I'm loving this new friend summon. Getting some more good Rs off this bad boy.

That was the best change they've made to the game so far. I had banked 80+ friend summons, just started doing them all now. Swimming in Zeni. still have like 20 or 30 or something left.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
The friend summon makes new accounts a lot easier. I remember wasting a lot of time condensing N fodder carefully and burning a lot of Gregories but now I get at least one awakened N per friend summon.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Neat, looks like a bunch of the older SSRs are getting LR Dokkans. Japan just got awakenings for INT SSJ Teen Gohan and SSJ Future Trunks. Gohan looks like a total monster, too. +4ki, +2500 attack above 50%? Yes, please. All of those LRs also get a spiffy new +2 ki link.

Definitely looking forward to the Dokkan events for older cards. Seems like it'd be Piccolo and TEQ SSJ Vegeta first. Maybe AGL SSJ Goku, too.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Echophonic posted:

Neat, looks like a bunch of the older SSRs are getting LR Dokkans. Japan just got awakenings for INT SSJ Teen Gohan and SSJ Future Trunks. Gohan looks like a total monster, too. +4ki, +2500 attack above 50%? Yes, please. All of those LRs also get a spiffy new +2 ki link.

Definitely looking forward to the Dokkan events for older cards. Seems like it'd be Piccolo and TEQ SSJ Vegeta first. Maybe AGL SSJ Goku, too.

Sweet, I have that Gohan and I love that card even if it's underwhelming.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

ChronoReverse posted:

Sweet, I have that Gohan and I love that card even if it's underwhelming.

Same, great art and it was my first SSR.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I can't even be assed to awaken my Cell LR :(

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Aurora posted:

I can't even be assed to awaken my Cell LR :(

He isn't that good anyway, quite a few SSR outclass him. I'll use him, since he's my only INT UR and he has 42 team cost for the tournament, but thats about it.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Now if you had the opportunity to get UR+ TEQ Cell and didn't, then it'd be a tragedy especially if you manage to get SSGSS TEQ Goku later.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I was using INT Perfect Cell anyway, so it was worth the effort for me. Shame I couldn't get a TEQ Cell, but oh well.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I tried to to the TEQ Cell and found it was simply an exercise in frustration. I was under the impression that he wasn't very good anyway though? Is he actually pretty good?

He was originally compared to being the lovely version of the two, and that's not saying much.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Tried a single pull, got the good Broly... Guess I need to grind our medals while I still can!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

You'll have a chance to next month when we get the Kid Buu festival, I assume

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I tried to to the TEQ Cell and found it was simply an exercise in frustration. I was under the impression that he wasn't very good anyway though? Is he actually pretty good?

He was originally compared to being the lovely version of the two, and that's not saying much.

TEQ Cell can oneshot Broly with the new SSGSS Goku leader (coming soon). Or anybody else with less than 2 million HP actually, so yes, he is actually pretty good

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Did a multipull, got garbage. Did a single pull afterwards and got the event Android 18. :confuoot:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

https://dbz.space/gashas/

Looks like we're getting type-specific summons soon!

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
From what I read on Reddit, they're a terrible deal.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Squallege posted:

Did a multipull, got garbage. Did a single pull afterwards and got the event Android 18. :confuoot:

I figured I'd take a shot and I did worse than you.

Anyway, don't forget to get your last Training in the Clouds in. Apparently it ends tonight.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I'm ready to desperately roll for Mystic Gohan

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

ChronoReverse posted:

From what I read on Reddit, they're a terrible deal.

Apparently they count awakened SRs as SSRs for rate calculation!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Echophonic posted:

:stonk:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Well, maybe not rate, but you can get a SSJ3 Goku on the summon and get an SSR* Dr. Gero or some poo poo.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Echophonic posted:

:wow:

e: Well it would be messed up if they did count natural ssr and technically ssr as the same.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Aurora posted:

https://dbz.space/gashas/

Looks like we're getting type-specific summons soon!

I'm gonna drop so many stones on the INT summon, rate be damned.

Echophonic posted:

Anyway, don't forget to get your last Training in the Clouds in. Apparently it ends tonight.

I thought that was just the "3 per day" part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I'm gonna drop so many stones on the INT summon, rate be damned.

I thought that was just the "3 per day" part.

You're right. I went back and read the news item for it. The special event part was three times a day.