Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Watch Dogs is probably better game than the Durrvision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

please dont talk about the division any more, i beg of you

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't wait to watch it

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Holy poo poo Division is pure unfiltered modern gaming AIDS.

lesbian baphomet posted:

it's Destiny but as a tom clancy game. i dont understand how anybody can give a poo poo about it

In Training posted:

It was ubisoft's best selling game of all time before it even released because of how many preorders it got...sad really

this is precisely why poo poo like destiny getting press and attention and all that bothers me. Everyone agrees it's bland poo poo, everyone agrees it's boring, everyone agrees it's underwhelming, then why do people still have WEEKLY DESTINY COLUMNS and post billions of times on forum threads about THIS NEW RAID!! I legitimately can't understand

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

ArfJason posted:

this is precisely why poo poo like destiny getting press and attention and all that bothers me. Everyone agrees it's bland poo poo, everyone agrees it's boring, everyone agrees it's underwhelming, then why do people still have WEEKLY DESTINY COLUMNS and post billions of times on forum threads about THIS NEW RAID!! I legitimately can't understand

loot lust is a disease

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

please dont talk about the division any more, i beg of you

ah sorry man

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
check it out.... it's the new gun, and this time it makes the number 137.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

ArfJason posted:

because it has a very low barrier to log on and just mindlessly run a few missions with friends. it's got a good enough core loop that the moment to moment is satisfying and the loot lust treadmill sets a vague enough goal in the back of your mind to keep you coming back

basically it's candy crush but for Gamers

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The 2006 conference opens with like a 15 minute presentation of PS2 hardware sales lol

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

In Training posted:

The 2006 conference opens with like a 15 minute presentation of PS2 hardware sales lol

and then it leads into a weirdly silent video presentation of Gran Turismo cars for like 20 minutes, as the first PS3 gameplay they show

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
For me Destiny falls into a weird category where it's kind of fun to get into for a bit every few months so I don't get into it nearly as much as the game indicates I 'should'. What really angers me most about it is how Bungie managed to make Halo, one of the most fun, interesting and visually distinct shooter series ever before handing it over to 343 in order to make it- If you went back several years to showed me Destiny gameplay and ask me to guess who made it, it would take a lot of guesses before I got to Bungie.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lesbian baphomet posted:

and then it leads into a weirdly silent video presentation of Gran Turismo cars for like 20 minutes, as the first PS3 gameplay they show

Oh my god it's just a black screen with a Gran Turismo logo for like 15 minutes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Now that's what I call a duck!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm probably gonna resub to watch the GBeast Life is Strange playthru

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Now that's what I call a duck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtZ-rK349aY&t=3181s

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

its really good. a great game + vinny and austin is worth that 5.99 or whatever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's Ridge Racer. Riiiiidge Racer!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fluffdaddy posted:

its really good. a great game + vinny and austin is worth that 5.99 or whatever

it's easily the best feels game i've ever played by a macaroni mile

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh poo poo...it's the Giant Enemy Crab game...

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

In Training posted:

Oh poo poo...it's the Giant Enemy Crab game...

you attack its weak point for massive damage.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

it's easily the best feels game i've ever played by a macaroni mile

Yea definitely they talked at gdc about how they interviewed real teenagers who went through some poo poo to make the game believable instead of being adults writing pretend teenagers like most other games do

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

you attack its weak point for massive damage.

He did it. He flipped it over on its back and attacked it's weak point for massive damage.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

In Training posted:

He did it. He flipped it over on its back and attacked it's weak point for massive damage.

incredible

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fluffdaddy posted:

Yea definitely they talked at gdc about how they interviewed real teenagers who went through some poo poo to make the game believable instead of being adults writing pretend teenagers like most other games do

Wow, I'm glad they took the time to do that because it really paid off

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

epic brad laugh

http://i.imgur.com/dXLbgdD.gifv

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

$599 :staredog:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That was cool.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

it was $999 in australia on launch lol

farsel
Aug 4, 2007

i forgot the lovely sixaxis reveal was at the end of that presentation as well, what a mess

farsel
Aug 4, 2007

trying to jack off posted:

it was $999 in australia on launch lol

i was trying to remember if $999 was for aus or nz when i was watching it and then i looked it up and it was $1199 in nz

DrunkDalek
May 20, 2003

Drinking beer to make music to drink beer to.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Worth it. Pretty much the best way to experience the game, and the game is definitely worth experiencing.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

farsel posted:

i was trying to remember if $999 was for aus or nz when i was watching it and then i looked it up and it was $1199 in nz

lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

farsel posted:

Worth the price of admission for Heavenly Sword and a motion controller Ace Combat looking game.

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
Weird how Jeff hates Destiny, but really likes Division. They feel very similar, but Division maybe has more loot?

Azram Legion
Jan 23, 2005

Drunken Poet Glory

Tucked-In T-Shirt posted:

Weird how Jeff hates Destiny, but really likes Division. They feel very similar, but Division maybe has more loot?

Jeff is a man who burned out on shooters years ago, but can't admit it to himself.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

His Twitter implied he didn't really like it that much

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene

mp5 posted:

His Twitter implied he didn't really like it that much

His 4-star review implies otherwise.

Ratzinc
Aug 14, 2004

MY BALLS ARE THE SIZE OF GRAPEFRUITS
Jeff's ironic Twitter musings seeped into his review because he makes it sound boring, but can't help but smile warmly and say "This game is dumb" when he sees another "trendy mesh hat" has dropped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Jeff likes a lot of games I would consider bad, or diarrhea dog poo poo, but that's none of my business.