Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Thread is surprisingly low-energy tonight considering the news and events. Sad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Can Rubio delegates be transferred to Kasich or Cruz via an endorsement prior to the convention to vote for them on the first ballot? Or are they bound to the original candidate no matter what?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm only seeing 6% reporting. Kasich is ahead but he hasn't won yet.

well its been called, but sure we can wait all night until every vote is counted.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Yuge final gimmick post, if true.

marmot25
May 16, 2004

Yam Slacker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iwBM_YB1sE

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Hey, so Cruz is finally getting the endorsement of another senator?

One final stumble for Marco.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Why are they calling it with only 6% in?

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kylra posted:

Why are they calling it with only 6% in?

through the magic of statistics.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
so uh what does kasich do now

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Oh, so it's just a guess still? Maybe a good guess, but still a guess right?

Spiderfist Island
Feb 19, 2011

nachos posted:

Same thing as always, try and sandbag Trump so he doesn't get to 1237

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Yesssss

Trump's path forward just got way harder

1/3 of Republicans say they will stay home regardless of who gets the nom

The last person who could feasibly beat Hillary in the General, Kasich, has no hope of winning beyond being selected at a brokered convention, which even if he did win he would be seen as a traitor and turned on.

Yesssssss

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I'm assuming that somehow 6% of precincts don't somehow make it mathematically a forgone conclusion that Kasich has won. And that that's what 6% reporting means.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

Switchblade Switcharoo

Kylra posted:

Oh, so it's just a guess still? Maybe a good guess, but still a guess right?

It's an incredibly accurate guess because they have been polling people all day as they leave the voting booths and they can match up the data from that with the real results coming in to create an accurate picture of the end results.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

nachos posted:

march in front of the rnc with a ggiant empty money bag, open it and say "im all u got suckers, so fill er up"

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Kylra posted:

I'm assuming that somehow 6% of precincts don't somehow make it mathematically a forgone conclusion that Kasich has won. And that that's what 6% reporting means.

The dark magic of statistics means that if they felt it was representative enough and matched up with polling before the vote and exit polls, they could have called it with 1%

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

marshmonkey posted:

It's already been called for Kasich

yeah google hadn't updated yet.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Ok, I just wasn't entirely clear on what "called" meant here. Thanks you two.

This is my first time TVIVing primary results.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

nachos posted:

hide under a rock in the hopes that trump doesn't set his sights on him

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Kylra posted:

jesus christ, have you never followed an election before

e: nvm you answered my question.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Alright Kasich! Now all we have to do is conquer, assimilate, and take census of a new territory, and then win that and every other state before the convention and the nomination is yours.

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Does Kasich even have any states he can realistically win after Ohio?

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2Z2CklSxM0

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Contested convention talk:

Can we please get Trump photoshopped to be Snake Plissken and have the missing "Escape from Cleveland" that the world deserves??

"I heard they busted you up real good in Cleveland"

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
What happens to Rubio's delegates do they turn into super delegates??

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
please post rubio supporter tears, tia

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

The Human Crouton posted:

Alright Kasich! Now all we have to do is conquer, assimilate, and take census of a new territory, and then win that and every other state before the convention and the nomination is yours.

Even with Ohio Kasich is mathematically eliminated.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Kasich really should drop out tonight. If he does I think contested convention is almost 100% likely. Cruz beats Trump by 7+% in H2H polling, and while he's likely to perform poorly in the Northeast he should be able to secure enough delegates to deny Trump the nom. And then the blood gates open.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

shiksa posted:

jesus christ, have you never followed an election before

e: nvm you answered my question.
I usually just play video games, go to sleep and then check the results the morning after everything has been counted. Because it's not like my knowing 8 hours earlier is gonna matter all that much.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Darth Windu posted:

depends on the state, some are still required to vote for their candidate, even if they 'suspended'

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

FourLeaf posted:

Rubio....supporters?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Darth Windu posted:

In the 2nd ballot they will be free - if there is one.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

Even with Ohio Kasich is mathematically eliminated.

That's what is said, genius.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Kylra posted:

I usually just play video games, go to sleep and then check the results the morning after everything has been counted. Because it's not like my knowing 8 hours earlier is gonna matter all that much.

I'll be honest, you hosed up by breaking that trend

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

FourLeaf posted:

I tried but I couldn't find any. Supporters, I mean

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

Switchblade Switcharoo
I think if Kasich "suspends" his campaign so that he can keep his delegates and Rubio joins Cruz to form a unity ticket they might have a fighting chance at stopping Trump.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Trump will probably clean up in delegates in IL at this point...IL does delegates by CD with a pot for statewide. Trump is cleaning up in Chicago. There's only like 10 Republicans in Chicago, you say? No problem, Trump's winning entire Congressional districts on their backs.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Kasich really should drop out tonight. If he does I think contested convention is almost 100% likely. Cruz beats Trump by 7+% in H2H polling, and while he's likely to perform poorly in the Northeast he should be able to secure enough delegates to deny Trump the nom. And then the blood gates open.

if cruz reaches the convention second place in delegates but having beaten trump consistently since the race went 2v2 he has a pretty good case at the convention, really

on the other hand if kasich drops before NY we get to see ted 'new york values' cruz try to deny trump the 50% WTA trigger in that primary

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
I think Kasich staying in hurts Trump more than it helps him. Trump is going to miss several WTAs because of the K-man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a Step posted:

I'll be honest, you hosed up by breaking that trend
I'm hoping I can go back to that in two years. I'm only following this primary so closely because of the insanity.

• Locked thread