Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
Oh, wow, I didn't actually expect him to fix Wolves the way I really wanted him to, cool. I always really liked both of those parts on the SNL performance.

Edit: I do not like Kanye West Rapping on this album

obliriovrons fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Mar 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

HorseRenoir posted:

https://soundcloud.com/help-me-please-875348464/fixed-wolves

Not sure why he made the Frank outro its own track, but I like this new version more so whatever
So by "fixing" it he meant totally loving up the flow of it?

Between this and changing that line in Famous, I'm good with sticking with my OG copy.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Between this and changing that line in Famous, I'm good with sticking with my OG copy.

eh? How did he gently caress up the flow of it?

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
Oh poo poo I like this Wolves. Who's that guy playing in the second verse after Kanye and who has his voice synched with the wolves? It's fantastic.

e: Oh poo poo that sync nearly brought a tear to my eye. That's wonderful.

Xanderkish fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Mar 16, 2016

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Forums poster "Rageoholic Monkey": knows more about composition than Kanye West

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dexo posted:

eh? How did he gently caress up the flow of it?
OG version (or I guess 2nd version, since this is technically a rework of the OG version) was structured nicely and had a smooth progression from section to section. This doesn't feel like it has that for me.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

OG version (or I guess 2nd version, since this is technically a rework of the OG version) was structured nicely and had a smooth progression from section to section. This doesn't feel like it has that for me.

I actually feel the exact opposite; the OG version feels really stilted and disjointed to me, like a bunch of unrelated hooks glued together to make a song. The new version removes a lot of repetition and smoothens out some awkward gaps in between parts.

Also those backing vocals on Kanye's verse are a really nice touch

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
this version of wolves is way better imo but that famous line change is inexplicable ... that was a great line

edit: #vic mensa is trash :lol:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Fayez Butts posted:

Forums poster "Rageoholic Monkey": knows more about composition than Kanye West

Famously called the album poo poo from the webcast and then started praising it like god's gift to man when the tidal version was out

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

of course my Tidal ended today and I can't hear the version I always wanted (without effort)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Better than the original album cut but not quite as good as the OG version, I'm happy though

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Kanye and this thread both need to drop their unhealthy obsession with notably mediocre song "Wolves" (all versions)

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

thathonkey posted:

this version of wolves is way better imo but that famous line change is inexplicable ... that was a great line

edit: #vic mensa is trash :lol:

What was the famous line on Wolves?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
No they mean changing the line on Famous, the song. The line was the 'Puerto Rican day waving' one.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

ICHIBAHN posted:

No they mean changing the line on Famous, the song. The line was the 'Puerto Rican day waving' one.
ooohhhh re-reading it makes much more sense

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

ICHIBAHN posted:

Hey um so Tidal extended my free trial by either 30 or 14 days lol the email was not clear.

I'm listening to Famous, and that line is still in the song!! But so is the "real estate agent" line that people said was new? I'm so confused!!

Edit: the email also claimed that "Fade" was a new song just added to the album lol

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Bass Bottles posted:

I'm listening to Famous, and that line is still in the song!! But so is the "real estate agent" line that people said was new? I'm so confused!!

He had two lines about Puerto Rican Day, he changed one of them

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Did he change the track order or has that stayed the same? Someone posted an extended version of the Waves-era tracklist that made so much more sense

I've listened to TLOP more than any other Kanye album in the weeks after release, apart from maybe MBDTF, and I still think it's a brilliant mess. It feels like a reshuffling of the tracklist, cutting a bit of the fluff and fixing the awful 1.0 version of Wolves would go a long way towards making TLOP arguably as good as MBDTF in my book

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I feel it fade

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Fade should be like a 15 min track imho

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

thathonkey posted:

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Honestly, unironically, it genuinely should. For real. Seriously

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005

thathonkey posted:

so on board with this

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

I thought Fade was a bad track on my first listen-through...

in my defense I think I zoned out after SSI/30 hours

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

The Mash posted:

I thought Fade was a bad track on my first listen-through...

in my defense I think I zoned out after SSI/30 hours

I know a few people who have told me they don't like it but I don't understand them. Probably because its not a rap beat or something? I think the song is great.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Fade is the best track on this album full of tracks I like.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I know a few people who have told me they don't like it but I don't understand them. Probably because its not a rap beat or something? I think the song is great.

After the bit on 30 hours about these being bonus tracks, and knowing Facts, which I'd already listened to as much as the song could bear, was coming up, I was kind of considering the album to be over at that point, so Fade never really got the shot it deserved.

Fade is the best track on this album full of tracks I like.

Still ULB although there's very few tracks I don't love at this point (Freestyle, I Love Kanye, SSI, maybe 30 Hours depending on my mood). Facts is meh too and I feel like NMPILA would be a better track on a different album

The Mash fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Mar 17, 2016

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

thathonkey posted:

Also it should be played in clubs so I can dance to it.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Highlights and Low Lights aren't THAT great imo, and I can live without Facts and Feedback. The rest though... Amazing

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

thathonkey posted:

Just hit up youtube for old WBMX Chicago house mixes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxuxDkW77o

Bandiet
Dec 31, 2015

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

Also it should be played in clubs so I can dance to it.

Fade's whole problem for me is that its beat is so awkward and utterly lacking in groove. I can't imagine dancing to it. It's badly made house music.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

hows it feel to consistently have the most wrong opinions possible about tlop?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Bandiet posted:

Fade's whole problem for me is that its beat is so awkward and utterly lacking in groove. I can't imagine dancing to it. It's badly made house music.

They played it at a club I was at last night and everyone was dancing so I don't know what to tell you my man

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
The only thing that's even remotely weird in the fixed wolves is the transition from Vic's verse to Sia's verse. Everything else is great.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Bandiet posted:

what in the ever loving gently caress

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Bandiet posted:

I feel like this is just a huge bait but seriously what the gently caress is wrong with you

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Lol at not knowing how to dance when Fade is on smdh

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

another free month of TLOP for everybody

ha, Tidal.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

When Fade played at MSG the cameras cut to all of the Kardashians who were wearing matching puffy fur coats and they started dancing and then they walked out immediately after. This was right before Pass the Aux. Man that was a good event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
That sounds loving amazing. Any video?

• Locked thread