Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012

Does this mean if I pour boiling water on my dick it will become huge?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

The trope is about comically exaggerated penises for the purposes of, well, comedy.

To say one has one in real life is to say "yeah, I'm so incredibly well-endowed that I've become a parody of masculinity."

Marshmallow Hell is about being smothered in breasts so much that one can't breathe. It's also a comedy trope but usually of the anime fanservice variety.

What the troper intended was "My monster dick got me laid by busty babes constantly. :smug:" The actual meaning given the tropes named is "My penis is gigantic. The usual nature of my colossal cock was cleverly undermined into a comedy scenario when girls kept inviting me to sleepovers and bringing me to the brink of suffocation death with their tits. This continued two years."

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Noyemi K posted:

Dickus II

wh-what

e:

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

The trope is about comically exaggerated penises for the purposes of, well, comedy.

To say one has one in real life is to say "yeah, I'm so incredibly well-endowed that I've become a parody of masculinity."

Marshmallow Hell is about being smothered in breasts so much that one can't breathe. It's also a comedy trope but usually of the anime fanservice variety.

What the troper intended was "My monster dick got me laid by busty babes constantly. :smug:" The actual meaning given the tropes named is "My penis is gigantic. The usual nature of my colossal cock was cleverly undermined into a comedy scenario when girls kept inviting me to sleepovers and bringing me to the brink of suffocation death with their tits. This continued two years."

oh FFS

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Krinkle posted:

Don't teach me tv tropes words jesus christ.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Don't tell me this poo poo, now its in my brain somewhere

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Their self-inserts are so well endowed that they can self insert.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Decrepus posted:

:prepop:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Decrepus posted:

:master:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

10/10 emote usage there.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuL6cJPz3Nk

quote:

I'm on my way home and leaving the metrostop near my home.
At the top of the stairs to the station, a guy with an army cut is standing acting like a real bad rear end. Without looking he turns and spits down the stairs, hitting the guy right next to me on the jacket! This guy looks at the tough guy and says "ehm, excuse me?" and the tough guy keeps looking away and says "Keep walking"
The guy with spit on his jacket: "Well, you just spit on me for no reason at all, so I think an apology would be in its place at this point"
The tough guy now pulls a knife out the pocket of his jacket, and raises his voice "Do we have a problem?"
AND THIS IS THE MOST AMAZING THING EVER!
The guy with spit on his jacket pulls out his badge and says with a dead face "unless you have a permission to carry that, I think we might just have"

http://imgur.com/gallery/FbBuy61

Decrepus posted:

RareAcumen has a new favorite as of 10:15 on Mar 14, 2016

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Fork

quote:

This Troper is not limited to an individual quirk, but rather has a whole slew of behavioral oddities that offset his intellectual demeanor. An example from a recent meeting on environmental conservation.
Me: So on the whole, I think that the issue of global warming actually receives far more attention than it merits in comparison with other, more pressing environmental issues, such as the unsustainability of modern agriculture.
Attendee: I'm sorry, are you eating a fork?

Scientists

quote:

This troper's high school science department was (and still is) composed of Bunny Ears Scientists. One had a dog, which practically lived in the classroom and would only follow the orders of her owner. The others routinely started class-wide ping-pong games, told anecdotes like how one teacher's ex-husband knowingly left her to drown while scuba-diving, performed magic tricks, pretended to make out with the skeletons, and drank actual urine to prove it was sterile. Two of them flirted with each other in front of the students, and it was never made clear whether they were joking or not by the time this troper graduated. On the one hand they would bicker about how one of them was teaching some extremely minor aspect of their respective subjects wrong, and then casually comment on how they were having dinner with each other that night, to discuss grading papers.

Quirks

quote:

This troper's university professor of history is a real Bunny Ears Professor. He is known for several quirks, such as giving students homework on extremely obscure, not really relevant topics, constantly joking about giving pretty female students A's for sex (and giving them A's for free), demanding puppies as bribes, and many more.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

poo poo That Did Happen: This Troper is not limited to an individual quirk, but rather has a whole slew of behavioral oddities.

also lol sexual harassment :xd:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Why are they so bad about making up stories that 1) are believable, 2) shine a positive light on the characters.

Jesus they even gently caress up the classical "I've got a big dick" story.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

poo poo that did happen: college professors harasses young girls and troper thinks its a joke just like in their animes.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

kimbo305 posted:

I, too, am suspicious that any of that happened.

poo poo that always happens: goons mistake an obvious joke for a story anyone is meant to believe actually happened.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

Skeesix posted:

Makes u think

Literal orientialism.txt!

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
There were rumors in my program at college that a certain professor would bump up the grades for female students if they flirted with him in office hours. The more I read of these troper tales, the more I am convinced those rumors came from guys unable to accept that pretty girls can also be smart.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Fathis Munk posted:

Why are they so bad about making up stories that 1) are believable, 2) shine a positive light on the characters.

Jesus they even gently caress up the classical "I've got a big dick" story.

What was that, another "I've got a big dick" story? OK

quote:

This troper suffers from this to the point where he refuses to wear gym shorts in PE, for obvious reasons. My gym teacher still gives me a bad mark even though I've tried explaining it would cause pain for unrelated reasons (and even got a doctor's note, though she did spend a while... ahem... examining him). This troper also thinks his doctor has a thing for him, what with how often she shows up with the best Zettai Ryouiki when he's around, it's like she knows.

e: Yeah if you pour boiling water on your dick it'll get six times as huge.

Noyemi K has a new favorite as of 21:35 on Mar 14, 2016

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
This troper's doctor tryin' to give a hand beezy

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Noyemi K posted:

zettai ryouiki

tvtropes posted:

"Absolute Territory" (zettai ryouiki in Japanese) describes the area of bare skin exposed on the thighs between the skirt and stockings or socks for female characters (though it's also popular with cross-dressing boys). The term and the trope come from anime and manga, with the term being used as an homage to the AT fields in Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Zettai Ryouiki is made up of three components: socks (or stockings), skin, and skirt.note As per usual for fandom who obsess about costumes, this can be considered a moe attribute and thus, appear prominently in character designs and schoolgirl outfits, despite the fact that it kind of defeats the point of a uniform.

Since a Zettai Ryouiki is defined by the length of the stockings or socks, some people have categorized it into grades depending on the length of the socks. This ranking system goes from Grade F to Grade . However, only Grades A (and thus S) and B are considered true Zettai Ryouiki.

There is so much sperg and creepiness in this beginning of that article, it's really too good.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
creep_that_didn't(?!)_happen.txt

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Noyemi K posted:

This troper also thinks his doctor has a thing for him, what with how often she shows up with the best Zettai Ryouiki when he's around, it's like she knows.

Even if it is true that "this troper's" doctor wears short skirts when he's around, it's very likely that she also wears them when he's NOT around. For all he knows she just likes wearing skirts! But no, whenever a woman wears or does something around a man and he finds it attractive, she's always doing it on purpose.

Pththya-lyi has a new favorite as of 21:49 on Mar 14, 2016

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Fathis Munk posted:

There is so much sperg and creepiness in this beginning of that article, it's really too good.

The only thing worse than jacking off to anime is jacking off to anime, then convincing yourself the events you jacked off to happened in your own life, and obsessively cataloguing in minute detail why you jacked off to the anime.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Noyemi K posted:

What was that, another "I've got a big dick" story? OK

I swear to god bro, the hooker gave the money back.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Is Cage the Elephant that big and popular where they would be moved to a "smaller" venue that still has assigned seats and loving balconies? Cause "small" venues with balconies and seats are pretty loving big in my experience.

And :lol: that people only started getting excited midway through the show. They must not be very good because every show for a band that I've been to people go crazy at the first song.

quote:

So ..Cage the Elephant is one of my all time favorite bands. They finally came to my town for a tour and I was soooo excited! There was a venue change to a smaller building, so the tickets I bought ended up becoming ones that were way further back sadly. But, we were front row balcony so, I was satisfied.

About halfway through the show, the energy starts going up and people start standing and dancing. My boyfriend, me and two friends stood up. (I'm on the end near a row) immediately a small woman says "excuse me you need to sit down, I'm short and there are also two young children behind you who can't see." WHAT. It's 9:30 at night on a Sunday and you brought two kids clearly under the age of 10 to a loud rock concert. I told her no way, and that it's a concert and people stand up. I thought that was the end of it..

Cue in white knight cowboy telling me I'm a crappy person who needs to be aware of my surroundings. I'm ruining the event for the children behind me.Plenty of people were standing at this point but it's me specifically who sucks?

I went to the lobby to cool off after being yelled at by two people. My boyfriend and I switched spots and he said he'd take care of it if anyone else said anything. CTE starts and the bitching immediately begins. This time from the kids who keep screaming "sit down I can't see" my boyfriend turned around and said "this is a concert, people stand up, it's not my fault your parents brought you here." ....silence from them.

The kids eventually sat in the aisle stairs to see.

Why do you think that's an appropriate place for your kids? There's people drinking, smoking pot, cussing, and generally being as provocative as they can. No place for a loving kid. The show ended at 12:30 so good luck with them tomorrow while sending them off to school, you self centered piece of crap parents.

Rant over, thanks for reading.

I can't stop reading these morons they are so insane

E: also insufferable based on the comments I am reading. Why do I do this to myself.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 22:44 on Mar 14, 2016

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Noyemi K posted:

The only thing worse than jacking off to anime is jacking off to anime, then convincing yourself the events you jacked off to happened in your own life, and obsessively cataloguing in minute detail why you jacked off to the anime.
That's not even anime at that point -- it's the opening setup for something like SLUTTY DOCS SUCKING COCKS 7 or whatever.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Thin Privilege posted:

Is Cage the Elephant that big and popular where they would be moved to a "smaller" venue that still has assigned seats and loving balconies? Cause "small" venues with balconies and seats are pretty loving big in my experience.

And :lol: that people only started getting excited midway through the show. They must not be very good because every show for a band that I've been to people go crazy at the first song.

I can't stop reading these morons they are so insane

E: also insufferable based on the comments I am reading. Why do I do this to myself.

How dare these breeders think that they are entitled to see the show they paid for!

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Plus I loving hate people who stand up at concerts. If you're on the floor, fine, whatever, you have to go with the crowd in order to see. But you're in a balcony at a venue with some kind of bowl seating, and you can see just fine from the seat. If there are old people or kids behind you, it's only common decency to sit when it's requested of you.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Uh, not when you are at the concert of famously hardcore rock band cage the elephant at a whopping 21:30 (!).

What was this mombie even thinking?!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

what the hell is all this about shows where there are seats.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

What are the odds that they know about Cage the Elephant for any reason other than the Borderlands opening music?

What are the odds that it isn't 1:1?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Anticheese posted:

What are the odds that they know about Cage the Elephant for any reason other than the Borderlands opening music?

What are the odds that it isn't 1:1?

I was wondering why that name sounded familiar.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

I've been to small theaters with balconies for concerts. If you were dancing near one like you were drunk, there's a good chance an usher or someone would ask you to sit the hell down.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I went to see Rod Stewart with my mom a few years back and literally everyone was sitting, the whole time. Best concert I've ever been to.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

cash crab posted:

I went to see Rod Stewart with my mom a few years back and literally everyone was sitting, the whole time. Best concert I've ever been to.

Is that because they were all 100 years old?

edit: I feel I should mention that I meant that purely as a joke and not an insult in any way and I hope it came across that way. :ohdear:

Fleta Mcgurn has a new favorite as of 15:20 on Mar 15, 2016

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I saw Nick Cave in a venue with assigned seating a few years ago, and it was odd. He's such a ridiculously energetic performer it felt strange and detached to be sitting down for it. I did, of course, because I'm not an rear end in a top hat, but I felt sort of restless the whole time. Amazing show, but I'm totally springing for floor seats if I see him again.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

bringmyfishback posted:

Is that because they were all 100 years old?

edit: I feel I should mention that I meant that purely as a joke and not an insult in any way and I hope it came across that way. :ohdear:

No, that was absolutely the case and it was great.

e:

cash crab has a new favorite as of 04:37 on Mar 16, 2016

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Those disc shooters are really accurate but so slow. Stdh: hitting someone on the run.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

cash crab posted:

No, that was absolutely the case and it was great.

e:

You can tell the person who made this is supposed to be married, because his fake spouse addressed it to "husband" and signed it as "wife"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

You expect me to believe people act like Andy and April Dwyer for real? Puh-lease.

• Locked thread