Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Dragon's bounty still higher.

Edit: highest ever?

Second edit: What if Dragon was a member of Rogers' crew when he journeyed to Raftel?

Crazyeyes fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Mar 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Crazyeyes posted:

Second edit: What if Dragon was a member of Rogers' crew when he journeyed to Raftel?

So in the end, Garp was just trying to be a good father and save his son from a group of nefarious pirates?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the elephant has been around for a ludicrously long time so i hope it sinks Jack like it would anyone who directly attacks it

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Crazyeyes posted:

I've maintained he was for years since it'd make sense for him to to try to topple the world government if he learned something about their formation on Raftel.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Crazyeyes posted:

Only if Crocodile was also on Roger's crew when he was a chick.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Bounty doesnt exactly mean strength. Shakky told the strawhats the only reason Kidd's bounty was higher was because he killed a load of civilians. Jack just tried to murder and torture an entire elephant full of people so i can see why the government wants him caught that badly.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
Hell, Robin's bounty was 80 million as a kid just because she knew certain things. Given how Jack acted already at Zou, it's probably a safe bet that he has a bounty that high because he was incredibly ruthless on top of being really strong.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6SUsSRNAZg

Sick bass drop, yo ho ho ho!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Plus Jack has presumably been around for a long time.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Korean/Japanese fast food chain Lotteria is selling the figures of OP characters wearing Jeans.

This month it's Law and Perona.

Last month was Nico Robin.

January was Luffy I guess.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Korean/Japanese fast food chain Lotteria is selling the figures of OP characters wearing Jeans.

This month it's Law and Perona.

Last month was Nico Robin.

January was Luffy I guess.

Didn't someone post about these jeans figurines a while back ago with something else?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, I think so.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Perona really has to pee

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Jose posted:

the elephant has been around for a ludicrously long time so i hope it sinks Jack like it would anyone who directly attacks it

It just sucks up a bunch of seawater in its trunk and hoses Jack down, disabling him.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Law with jeans is basically normal Law except missing his cool leopard prints so why even bother

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
One Piece Chapter 820 (in Korean :shittydog:):

http://www.shencomics.com/archives/1198135

It's a dialogue heavy chapter so it's hard to tell what's going on in the Korean scan. Seems like a lot of it involves Marco, though!

Oh, and no chapter next week. :negative:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

One Piece Chapter 820 (in Korean :shittydog:):

http://www.shencomics.com/archives/1198135

It's a dialogue heavy chapter so it's hard to tell what's going on in the Korean scan. Seems like a lot of it involves Marco, though!

Oh, and no chapter next week. :negative:

English scans are up.

http://readms.com/r/one_piece/820/3297/1

It's a really meaningful chapter.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

English scans are up.

http://readms.com/r/one_piece/820/3297/1

It's a really meaningful chapter.

Thanks for this!

So, do you think Luffy is hearing the voice of Zunishia the elephant or the whale tree?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Huh. They're early this week.

Edit: You'd think Jinbei would have mentioned at one point that Marco got his clock cleaned by Blackbeard.

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Mar 16, 2016

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

So, do you think Luffy is hearing the voice of Zunishia the elephant or the whale tree?
"AHHHH gently caress THAT HURT DUDE"

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Pureauthor posted:

Huh. They're early this week.

Edit: You'd think Jinbei would have mentioned at one point that Marco got his clock cleaned by Blackbeard.

They really hosed up by not pursuing Blackbeard then and there at Marineford. I mean, they were exhausted, but so was Blackbeard and his crew.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I hope this doesn't result in like two years of no Usopp, Franky, and Robin...

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

I kinda didn't really understand what Dog was saying about the route being redundant or something. It just feels like they all (almost) know the way to Raftel - seems like Rayleigh and Crocus know the way there and what's it really about.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Pretty obvious group setup seeing as they spent the last two years sailing to Zou.
I like all the panels of the crew being flustered.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

alkanphel posted:

I kinda didn't really understand what Dog was saying about the route being redundant or something. It just feels like they all (almost) know the way to Raftel - seems like Rayleigh and Crocus know the way there and what's it really about.

I still think the whole thing is staged in advance, either by Roger or by the Ancient Civilization.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Mar 16, 2016

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

alkanphel posted:

What I got was that the last island contains info on the existence of poneglyphs, the road stones, Raftel and so on - and they already know all that so it's redundant.

Rayleigh definitely knows the way there, but Luff never asked cause he doesn't want to spoil his journey.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

alkanphel posted:

I think it's like this:

a) Route via Log Poses leads to one particular Island. Let's call it Island X.
b) Island X has information on Raftel and the Road Poneglyphs, and maybe some hints about the Void Century.
c) Scavenger hunt time, boys! Go find the Road Poneglyphs!
d) Use Road Poneglyphs to find Raftel.

The Straw Hats kinda lucked out by making it onto an island that already had a Road Poneglyph + made themselves big enough heroes and friends to the local rulers that they decided to help provide a shortcut for the crew.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Radish posted:

I hope this doesn't result in like two years of no Usopp, Franky, and Robin...

On the other hand I look forward to an arc where Nami, Chopper and Brook all get chances to show off a bit and hopefully have some proper fights.

Though knowing Oda, someone will still have to come to Nami's defence and/or have her fight for her.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

jassa posted:

On the other hand I look forward to an arc where Nami, Chopper and Brook all get chances to show off a bit and hopefully have some proper fights.

Though knowing Oda, someone will still have to come to Nami's defence and/or have her fight for her.

Yeah those characters have been pretty ignored so if they actually get some time it would be nice. If Nami is once again relegated to the side lines that would be a huge bummer if not unexpected.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
That was something I was really annoyed with when I rewatched Enies Lobby. Nami completely fucks up Kalifa... and that was the last time she did anything? I feel like I have to be forgetting something but...

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

She blew up the fake hats.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

She helped take down Buffalo and Baby 5?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

She's been getting a number of boob jobs done?

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Radish posted:

Yeah those characters have been pretty ignored so if they actually get some time it would be nice. If Nami is once again relegated to the side lines that would be a huge bummer if not unexpected.

Prediction: Nami is coming along so Sanji has a reason to do a thing instead of just going along with the wedding plan.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Nami has probably been inserted into the Big Mom storyline because she has Lola's vivre card.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
good chapter

also dumb idiot theory: one of the calamities is named jane

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

GonSmithe posted:

That was something I was really annoyed with when I rewatched Enies Lobby. Nami completely fucks up Kalifa... and that was the last time she did anything? I feel like I have to be forgetting something but...

Nami gets to use her thunderclouds on mooks regularly, but hasn't had a proper fight since then, yeah. Could be worse, though; I'm pretty sure Robin's last real fight was that fat dude on Skypeia.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Pureauthor posted:

I think it's like this:

a) Route via Log Poses leads to one particular Island. Let's call it Island X.
b) Island X has information on Raftel and the Road Poneglyphs, and maybe some hints about the Void Century.
c) Scavenger hunt time, boys! Go find the Road Poneglyphs!
d) Use Road Poneglyphs to find Raftel.

The Straw Hats kinda lucked out by making it onto an island that already had a Road Poneglyph + made themselves big enough heroes and friends to the local rulers that they decided to help provide a shortcut for the crew.

This makes sense.

I was a little confused on my first read. I think Nami was under the impression the end of the Log Pose islands was Raftel (she commented on this explicitly alllll the way back at Reverse Mountain/Crocus), but it appears this is not the case.

It's interesting how if you step out of the normal road map that the Log Poses take you in, there's a chance you'll find a shortcut or info that'll shorten your journey like Zou. I wonder what other Zou-esque detours exist on the Grand Line/New World?

Also, all this talk about Marco seems to be setting us (or at least Nekomamushi) up for a crash course with Edward Weevil, who is also looking for him. Weevil will probably trash Nekomamushi to show us "Oh poo poo! This guy means business!" before he finally engages Luffy. I'm betting he doesn't actually have a Devil Fruit power, but has so much dumb raw strength he can replicate the earthquakes of the Gura Gura no Mi just by hitting things/the ground. He probably puts Jozu's strength to shame.

E: One of my favorite parts from this chapter was Nami acting all flustered and flattered from everyone praising her amazing navigation skills. :3:

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

GonSmithe posted:

She landed a critical hit on the Pacifista if that counts. She and Usopp basically got them in a position to win that fight.

Cat Machine posted:

Nami has probably been inserted into the Big Mom storyline because she has Lola's vivre card.

Yeah that one is as plain as day. Hopefully this doesn't last too long though, seeing the full crew together with all their interactions is something I've been sorely missing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AshB
Sep 16, 2007
Oda's focusing on all the characters that weren't there for all of Dressrosa. That's all the reason you need for the choice of who's going. It'll be interesting seeing Luffy handle things with the weaker half of his crew.

I think Jinbei will come back after this next arc with Big Mom once the whole crew is back together. They'll probably need him to fight Kaidou. I do wonder if the Straw Hat Armada will be summoned.