Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
i had to keep my opinions to myself for six whole hours man, that poo poo is worse than blue balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

bradzilla posted:

oh no not a 6 hour probation what ever will you do

Yeah gee that issue sounds really trivial. Almost as if it pales in comparison to starving children in Africa, almost as if it was exclusive to some sort of first world. It has no place in this PYF Totally Legitimate Problems Thread. :rolleye:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I bought a different blend/roast of coffee beans this week, and I don't like it as much as the stuff I normally get. It's not bad or anything, the place I buy from knows their poo poo. It's just not blowing me away, and I'm stuck with it for the next week.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Thin Privilege posted:

Seriously. I go to the hospital a lot and I'm always super awkward.

I am so awkward around people I'm attracted to. I had this happen many times before and it's weird and uncomfortable and I know I act weird.

Finally I hate that I get awkward around the people in attracted to. Can't I just be cool about it/pretend like I don't feel that way?

I have a lot of health problems you dig? And like my local health system/hospital has a hot staff number I'd generously put at around ten percent. A couple years ago I was having a vision problem and the srpetate building they have seemed more like goddamn eighty. Cue me awkward and goofy in every single visit and test.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Choco1980 posted:

I have a lot of health problems you dig? And like my local health system/hospital has a hot staff number I'd generously put at around ten percent. A couple years ago I was having a vision problem and the srpetate building they have seemed more like goddamn eighty. Cue me awkward and goofy in every single visit and test.

What?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Nurse hot.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
nurse hot. so what

Still pissd about my avatar I guess I should never post in GBS again.

I just woke up after like 14 hours of sleep because in the middle of the night I half-asleep took 4 Benadryl instead of 2 (took it twice) and now I'm hungry but not really

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Fast food is starting to make me feel sick. I guess it's a good thing overall, but I can't help but love cheap poo poo burgers.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Last night my bed was too comfortable and I overslept. It feels like I didn't have any time off from work.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Last night, the winds were so strong that I had issues sleeping. drat you, Santa Ana :argh:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I couldn't work out this weekend because it was raining so hard. Now that it's monday of course it's bright and sunny outside.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Yeah it rained so hard here last night it actually woke me up. Way to be calming, rain :argh:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
It actually rained here all day yesterday as well, and somehow the splotch of bird poo poo on my living room window still remains. Anyone have a ladder I can borrow :smith:?

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I've gotten so used to a white-noise generator that sounds like rain, that the lovely spring rain we get here sounds terrible.

ScamWhaleHolyGrail
Dec 24, 2009

first ride
a little nervous but excited
My gym updated their wifi so I can browse the forums from the elliptical. The problem lies where I want to rest the phone which has buttons I keep accidentally pressing.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I wish I could read the forums while treadmilling but I only have my phone since my iPad doesn't have the cell network ability, only wifi, and the screen on my phone is super small obviously, and running is pretty bouncy so impossible to read a tiny screen. So I end up watching the weird tv shows they're showing on mute. Sometimes I make up scripts for what they're saying but most times I just get angry because the shows are so stupid and the adrenaline and stuff

I want to run outside but I can't because of my asthma I can't loving breathe. In the gym I can run 10-15 min straight--with a good speed and high incline so not being lazy-- but outside I can't even do 2 min without heaving and practically collapsing. It's better if I take my inhaler beforehand but outside still sucks rear end.

I hate that once I stop running I get crazy dizzy I guess it's runners high or anxiety or some poo poo but it's very unpleasant.

Also, I hate running but I need to do it for health.

E: oh and there's some jackass doing circles around the block on his super loud crotch rocket for the past 20 minutes and it's so loud and annoying. Stop being a loser and get a car or walk!

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 04:23 on Mar 15, 2016

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Thin Privilege posted:

I wish I could read the forums while treadmilling but I only have my phone since my iPad doesn't have the cell network ability, only wifi, and the screen on my phone is super small obviously, and running is pretty bouncy so impossible to read a tiny screen. So I end up watching the weird tv shows they're showing on mute. Sometimes I make up scripts for what they're saying but most times I just get angry because the shows are so stupid and the adrenaline and stuff

You should listen to podcasts.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
My apartment complex has a tiny fitness center with just a few machines and a couple pairs of free weights, and my 3DS is great for gaming and internetting on the stationary bike. Unfortunately I never get to use the fitness center because I've been feeling too exhausted from work these last few weeks. Running up and down the stairs all day is great for my calves and thighs, but it's destroying my knees and it means always skipping arm day because I'm just so tired.

Also, some jackass likes to use the treadmill at odd hours and they are not light on their feet. The constant *thump thump thump* and the beeping of the machine actually woke me up from a dead sleep earlier. I managed to get back to sleep for a couple hours, then someone apparently let their kid loose in the fitness room to work off their extra energy at 2am. :psyduck:

This morning I got woken up because someone was delivering a package. Then again an hour later. I love Amazon Prime, but must they give me my things while I'm trying to sleep off a hangover? :qq:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I hate daylight savings time. The daily server reset+login bonus for a videogame I play is at 6pm instead of 5pm now, and the earlier time was so much more convenient.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

My hospital's vision center building has a lot more hot nurses and doctors than the main hospital and I'm an awkward goon around pretty ladies.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I'm about to graduate with my Masters and so close to graduating I've found out that I'm not getting any of the jobs I've applied for where I've interned for the past 6 months.
I have enough savings to last two months while I scramble to find something else and then I'll have to move in with family out of town and probably take a gig that's not in my field to get by. Yeah, I have a back-up job that I can fall back on but I'm going to hate it because it's not what I spent the past two and a half years to do.
I feel almost as hoity toity as 3O admitting that.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I have 14 days to figure out if my solely-for-my-car mp3 player is actually dying/failing/requiring-me-to-hit-the-little-reset-button-which-belies-the-point-of-stuffing-an-mp3-player-in-the-usb-port-and-forgetting-it-its-there, or just dying/failing/etc constantly because the thing is draining itself out because my 2012 car stops charging

The backstory behind this is a FWP of its own: my existing solely-for-my-car mp3 player connects as a USB device. Every song title immediately comes up, at the downside of my car's system needing to index all the music. I've grown accustomed to that; which is fine because nearly every other mp3 player I've tried connects through a different method (I want to say MTP), that does its file-reading on a step-by-step basis. That means for 10 seconds or so of every song, I have to wait for the Title to come up and that's not acceptable. I've finally found an older mp3 player that connects USB-style, leading to the above FWP.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

bobthedinosaur posted:

I'm about to graduate with my Masters and so close to graduating I've found out that I'm not getting any of the jobs I've applied for where I've interned for the past 6 months.
I have enough savings to last two months while I scramble to find something else and then I'll have to move in with family out of town and probably take a gig that's not in my field to get by. Yeah, I have a back-up job that I can fall back on but I'm going to hate it because it's not what I spent the past two and a half years to do.
I feel almost as hoity toity as 3O admitting that.

millennial_college_experience.txt #followyourdreams

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Tiggum posted:

You should listen to podcasts.

I've tried but I can't listen to people talk it makes me crazy.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

MisterBibs posted:

I have 14 days to figure out if my solely-for-my-car mp3 player is actually dying/failing/requiring-me-to-hit-the-little-reset-button-which-belies-the-point-of-stuffing-an-mp3-player-in-the-usb-port-and-forgetting-it-its-there, or just dying/failing/etc constantly because the thing is draining itself out because my 2012 car stops charging

The backstory behind this is a FWP of its own: my existing solely-for-my-car mp3 player connects as a USB device. Every song title immediately comes up, at the downside of my car's system needing to index all the music. I've grown accustomed to that; which is fine because nearly every other mp3 player I've tried connects through a different method (I want to say MTP), that does its file-reading on a step-by-step basis. That means for 10 seconds or so of every song, I have to wait for the Title to come up and that's not acceptable. I've finally found an older mp3 player that connects USB-style, leading to the above FWP.
Maybe I'm misreading this, but are you positive you need an mp3 player in that usb port and that just a usb drive won't work? Because what with the car's system indexing the files and all, it sounds like that system is what's playing the files as well.

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific
I have to work for SXSW tonight. While I have an all-access pass to an awesome show and free drink tickets while doing very little actual work, I'd rather be home in bed by 10.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Flipperwaldt posted:

Maybe I'm misreading this, but are you positive you need an mp3 player in that usb port and that just a usb drive won't work? Because what with the car's system indexing the files and all, it sounds like that system is what's playing the files as well.

I've never even considered using a USB stick, but I'm reasonably sure that it wouldn't work space-wise. The USB port is in the Middle Thing You Flip Open Whose Name I Can't Remember, and the space between the port and the bottom of the lid isn't big.

I really should try it, thanks for the suggestion.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

MisterBibs posted:

I've never even considered using a USB stick, but I'm reasonably sure that it wouldn't work space-wise. The USB port is in the Middle Thing You Flip Open Whose Name I Can't Remember, and the space between the port and the bottom of the lid isn't big.

You could probably find a shorter USB stick somewhere. I have one that uses soft rubber to house it instead of hard plastic, and the USB itself is tiny compared to plastic shelled models.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

MisterBibs posted:

There are usb sticks this size these days:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
One of my coworkers has spent the last two days trying to convince me to take his shift this morning, and I've been trying to politely tell him to gently caress off. I've told him repeatedly before this that I will not pick up an AM shift, ever. I work nights there, and was scheduled for a night shift yesterday. Not happening. Not only that, but he's asking me to take this shift so he can go do setup for a comic book convention he works at. Correct me if I'm wrong, but comic cons don't just spring up overnight without warning. He had a whole fuckin' year to plan for this. poo poo, this particular con has had billboards up all over town for months because it's sponsored by a well-known former tech giant.

Regardless, I ended up going home early last night because I felt like absolute poo poo, hurt all over, and thought I was going to vomit. Came home, and my apartment is stuffy and rank-smelling, and my husband is just kicking back in his computer chair without a care in the world. I went to go change into pajamas and use the bathroom, and found a puddle of piss on the floor, like six inches from the toilet, and the seat still up. How the gently caress does this happen, and why bother opening the lid if you weren't going to aim anyway? So I got to deal with all that, and was ready to just flop into bed.. except that my kind, caring, attentive husband had just gotten out of his chair and taken over the entire queen-size bed with just his laptop, mouse, and fat rear end.

On the upside I slept for like twelve hours, and I was so tired that I didn't get woken up by his constant flailing, so that was nice.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Congratulations, your first world problem is that you live a 2nd world life.

My own fwp: I'm saving money for my 30th birthday to buy me a Rolex. But a sister company of theirs just released some beautiful watches that make it really hard to resist an expensive impuls buy, which would lead to me not able to afford a Rolex later.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I have to drive two hours away for an interview.

...again.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Flipperwaldt posted:

There are usb sticks this size these days:

On the other hand, the smaller the stick the more likely you are to forget about it and almost lose it. My dad had a rental car for a bit with a USB port for the music player, he almost lost a 64-gig stick (He has a ton of audiobooks) when he forgot it was there. In his defense, it was a model where the front of the thing flips up and you plug the stick in behind it. It was odd.

My FWP: We got ice cream for my niece and everyone but Dairy Queen was out of the long plastic straws spoons so I have to use the tiny-rear end ones and actually pay attention to not get ice cream on my fingers.

E: fixed :downs:

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 03:46 on Mar 17, 2016

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

There is a slight chance I could get a new job before the summer and that would save me a lot of headaches. However, I would have to go across the country for training.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Malachite_Dragon posted:

We got ice cream for my niece and everyone but Dairy Queen was out of the long plastic straws so I have to use the tiny-rear end ones and actually pay attention to not get ice cream on my fingers.

You're sucking ice-cream through a straw?

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Tiggum posted:

You're sucking ice-cream through a straw?

It's probably those straws with a spoon on the end, buddy.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Er, whoops, I'm a dumbass who doesn't proofread :downs: Spoon. I meant spoon. They gave us the tiny-rear end spoons instead of the long ones. Fixed!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Every afternoon between 5 and 6 my neighbor uses a blower to blast every trace of leaf and litter from his driveway and into the street. And then further down the street. He literally uses the power blower for 20 minutes at a time, a small break, then back to it. If I couldn't look out the window and see him doing it, I'd think he was loving the stupid thing.

Our big convention is this Saturday, registration closed Tuesday night, and I keep getting people wanting to register their family and friends and more friends NOW and get pissy when I said they can sign up at the door but get none of the early reg stuff. Dude, I've been promoting this poo poo for three months, they had plenty of time!

Motherfucking Ontrac says they delivered my box from Amazon but poo poo ain't here and the hide-spot to put boxes is empty. So it isn't here. The last time the chucklefucks did this they left my $30 box a mile away and the dude there was cool enough to drive it over to me.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

My FWP, my phone does a lovely thing with public wifi, where sometimes it will just "remember" you put in the password or accrpted the terms from last time, much to the confusion of the modems, causing the connection to have no freaking clue what to do next, and still circumventing my phone from bothering with the 3G or 4G

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
We usually go out for a meal at lunch time on Fridays at work but lots of people were off today so nobody came out. Now I've got to get something for a dinner I wasn't expecting to have because my lunch wasn't as big as usual.