Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
If they are making color specific summons, they need to either be guaranteed such color or at least very very high chance. Because the whole summon event are generally bullshit. ""SUPER SAIYAN FESTIVAL!!!!!"

*Does various multi pulls*
*Gets anything BUT Super Saiyan*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Too bad STR SSR Beerus doesn't have many links, because his normal attacks can do 50-60k per shot fairly often.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Hey there, I'm Crazy Eddie from Crazy Eddie's Multi-Summon Emporium! Due to a shipping error, we are WAY over stocked on STR summons, and we're passing the savings on to you!

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Seems like the STR banner has good rates for STR cards, more than half of the one multi I did were STR. Got a UR* SSJ2 Vegeta, even. Also an SSR* 18, who I used to boost my SSR 18's SA.

Thanks, Crazy Eddie!

Edit: Pikkon seems to have a pretty good drop rate. I'm 3/7. Though he was one of the ones with a bad rate.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Mar 16, 2016

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I didn't have an problems with Pikkon originally. This SR Cell can go gently caress himself though. I've gotten his Super to 5 and I've been stagnant for days. I cracked and bought a 16 stone pack for the sole purpose of grinding medals from the Cell event. Got my INT Cell Dokkan-Awakened, now I just need one more Cell kill + 5 more card drops and I can hit the AGL one. Broly will have to wait until another day.

Edit: Wow, looking at the Cell links, that poor SR PHY Cell got left out in the cold.. Did they forget he existed?

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Mar 16, 2016

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, I edited my post, his rate seems pretty good. I just never got more than my first the first time around. I use him a lot, so it seems like getting kicked in the dick by a rare Pepe is worth it.

I didn't have much issue with AGL Cell. Was a bit easier than PHY Broly.

Yeah, seems strange that the other Cell cards didn't get the new Genealogy link. They haven't in Japan, either. He'd really outclass the AGL one if they had the same links, though.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Mar 16, 2016

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Is there any way to refresh the Select Friend list when going into a fight? I tried force-closing the app but no dice. I want a Turles to fight Cell with me, but it's a list of all non-Turleses (Turli?) right now.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Just run a 4 stamina mission. I think that's the quickest way

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Turns out VegetaTeam is tough to build. It occurred to me that I had every Vegeta, so I figured I'd see what I could do.

So far, it seems like the best I can do is STR SSJ2, PHY SSJ, AGL Super, STR SSGSS, TEQ Majin, and PHY RoF. We don't have a good generic leader skill on a Vegeta card. If I had Vegito, I could cheat a little, but such is life. STR GT could go in for Super, but Super is buff and self-supporting with his passive.

It works alright, I guess?

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Mar 16, 2016

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
The only proper leader for a Vegeta team:

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
What's the best way to use Broly? Bring an item that switches gems to STR? I have the SSJ2 Gohan that had +2 ki for STR/AGI as a passive, so I'm guessing he should be on any Broly teams.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I had 10 stones. Did a single on the STR summon, Goku goes SSJ2, and got a loving Cui.

Did a single on the Cell summon, Super Saiyan God Goku. gently caress yeah.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

zelah posted:

What's the best way to use Broly? Bring an item that switches gems to STR? I have the SSJ2 Gohan that had +2 ki for STR/AGI as a passive, so I'm guessing he should be on any Broly teams.
Stuff that buffs Broly with +2 Ki:

PHY SSJ Broly
AGL SSJ2 Gohan
TEQ SSJ2 Goku
AGL Max Power Roshi
TEQ Golden Freeza (3rd Form)
PHY SSJ2 Goku
TEQ SSJ2 Trunks (GT)
INT Turles

Take any 5 of those with Broly and another Broly friend and you're good to go, enjoy your tournament in record time

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Wuxi posted:

Stuff that buffs Broly with +2 Ki:

PHY SSJ Broly
AGL SSJ2 Gohan
TEQ SSJ2 Goku
AGL Max Power Roshi
TEQ Golden Freeza (3rd Form)
PHY SSJ2 Goku
TEQ SSJ2 Trunks (GT)
INT Turles

Take any 5 of those with Broly and another Broly friend and you're good to go, enjoy your tournament in record time

In addition, grab a Hercule, Shu, or King to make drat sure you get your 5. Fruit of the Tree of Might if you're feeling lazy.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Finally awakened my INT Cell! That was a hell of a grind, but it was nice having something to work towards in the game. Now I'll settle back into a holding pattern until the next Tournament, I think.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I look forward to exploding everything in the next tournament with Broly :madmax:

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Here's something I'm having trouble googling: are there other characters like AGI SSJ Kid Trunks that changes Ki orbs from one color to another? The only other one I know of is STR SSJ Goten who changes PHY orbs into rainbow.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

The Ninth Layer posted:

Here's something I'm having trouble googling: are there other characters like AGI SSJ Kid Trunks that changes Ki orbs from one color to another? The only other one I know of is STR SSJ Goten who changes PHY orbs into rainbow.

SSR 18 changes AGL into rainbow, SSR 17 changes rainbow into INT. We'll get those for each type over time.

If you have both of those on the same turn you'll still get the rainbow orbs from #18 by the way, #17 only changes the orbs you have when the turn begins.

Wuxi fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Mar 17, 2016

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I went to do a summon under the STR banner just now. Goku went super saiyan and started screaming some Japanese and my music kicked up and I got excited only to get Babidi again. :(

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Wuxi posted:

SSR 18 changes AGL into rainbow, SSR 17 changes rainbow into INT. We'll get those for each type over time.

If you have both of those on the same turn you'll still get the rainbow orbs from #18 by the way, #17 only changes the orbs you have when the turn begins.

18 changes in rainbow into INT.

Editing for a question that's been nagging me since I came back - Do you guys have anyone that you sell or otherwise get rid of immediately regardless? I'm not just talking about SR Cui, but I've got a box full of Zarbon and Dodoria and Dr Gero and all this other nonsense that doesn't work in anything but a theme deck. I just don't know what to do with them. The latest thing is an SR TEQ SSJ Vegeta. I already have the SSR, but I don't know what I should do with this SR. Seems like a shame to get rid of him, but they fill the same niche. I'm just afraid he'll get a Dokkan Awakening or something down the road. Should I just clean house and get rid of all my Ginyu Force and Nappas and Raditz cards or suffer through the clutter?

My initial thought was to make the best mono color of everything and junk anyone who either didn't make the cut or doesn't have some meaningful utility or dual color benefit. Thoughts?

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Mar 17, 2016

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

New Leaf posted:

18 changes in rainbow into INT.

Editing for a question that's been nagging me since I came back - Do you guys have anyone that you sell or otherwise get rid of immediately regardless? I'm not just talking about SR Cui, but I've got a box full of Zarbon and Dodoria and Dr Gero and all this other nonsense that doesn't work in anything but a theme deck. I just don't know what to do with them. The latest thing is an SR TEQ SSJ Vegeta. I already have the SSR, but I don't know what I should do with this SR. Seems like a shame to get rid of him, but they fill the same niche. I'm just afraid he'll get a Dokkan Awakening or something down the road. Should I just clean house and get rid of all my Ginyu Force and Nappas and Raditz cards or suffer through the clutter?

My initial thought was to make the best mono color of everything and junk anyone who either didn't make the cut or doesn't have some meaningful utility or dual color benefit. Thoughts?

If you're not hurting for medals/zeni/training stuff you can use quite a few Cards for SA raising. Like that SR SSJ Vegeta, awakened it gives a 30% chance to increase your SSRs SA.
I sell most poo poo anyway, but if you want to be thorough, you want a full extreme and a full super team for any type (there are going to be fights that limit what type of card you can take)

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Wuxi posted:

If you're not hurting for medals/zeni/training stuff you can use quite a few Cards for SA raising. Like that SR SSJ Vegeta, awakened it gives a 30% chance to increase your SSRs SA.
I sell most poo poo anyway, but if you want to be thorough, you want a full extreme and a full super team for any type (there are going to be fights that limit what type of card you can take)

That's good to know, thanks. I don't pay a whole lot of attention to what's going on in the Japanese version so I'm kind of oblivious to things like that.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
This game...

So I decided to do one last multiroll on the Dokkan banner in my new account. Got TWO SSR's... but they're both dupes... of SSJ3 Goku and SSR TEQ Cell.

I don't think I've ever been this conflicted about a multiroll ever.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

But I already have him :negative:

:unsmigghh:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

ChronoReverse posted:

This game...

So I decided to do one last multiroll on the Dokkan banner in my new account. Got TWO SSR's... but they're both dupes... of SSJ3 Goku and SSR TEQ Cell.

I don't think I've ever been this conflicted about a multiroll ever.

Weeeell. Thats why I wouldn't roll on a banner where I already have the best featured card. Now that you have your TEQ Cell you really want to go all-in on the new RoF summon comming soon(ish). We're talking about +30% ATK for each TEQ orb you pick up - leader skill and yes, thats about as dumb as it sounds.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Wuxi posted:

Weeeell. Thats why I wouldn't roll on a banner where I already have the best featured card. Now that you have your TEQ Cell you really want to go all-in on the new RoF summon comming soon(ish). We're talking about +30% ATK for each TEQ orb you pick up - leader skill and yes, thats about as dumb as it sounds.
Yeah, I might even be tempted to forgo F2P to get SSGSS TEQ Goku.

I was really just surprised at another SSJ3 Goku all things considered.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'll eventually get an SSJ 3 Goku. You'll see.

You'll see. :negative:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Anyone tried a non-themed rainbow deck for the tournament? I've found myself with a ton of super strong cards with little to no affiliation. I was running an all SSJ team before, which worked out fine (even though I came in halfway through the tourney), but overall, this new team's stats are pretty insane. They wouldn't be entirely without links here and there, just not as connected as the all SSJ team would have been..

Poor PHY SSJ Vegeta.. I'd replace him in a heartbeat if I could.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I don't have the characters to run a theme myself. I just pick characters with low 100% ki thresholds and sufficient damage bonuses to reliably OHKO enemies.

I feel that wasting time arranging links is only worth it for Broly.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

ChronoReverse posted:

I don't have the characters to run a theme myself. I just pick characters with low 100% ki thresholds and sufficient damage bonuses to reliably OHKO enemies.

I feel that wasting time arranging links is only worth it for Broly.

Well, it was ultra easy for Saiyans because at minimum everyone had some combination of Super Saiyan and Saiyan Warrior Race and Kamehameha and Vegeta Family and all the rest.. The team I linked above, I think quite a few have links somewhere along the way, even if most are situational. I know links aren't everything, but seeing the little connections makes me feel better. :)

The hardest drops were SSJ2 Goku for SSG Goku, and SSJ2 Gohan for Beerus. The stats make sense though. Shame to bench two really powerful cards, especially when both dominate that Vegeta in stats. I just don't have another strong PHY to put in its place. Once there's a PHY summon even I'll probably try a Multi just to get someone good.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
The first tourney I ran a rainbow SSJ deck, I think. The second one I had my Shocking Speed/Over in a Flash rainbow team mostly set up. Last Tournament was Brolyteam 2016 and I guess that's not going to be changing.

I mean, your team composition doesn't really matter if you can reliably break 9 or 10k with all the cards so as to one-shot enemies.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I am eventually hoping to be able to do a STR SSJ deck.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I managed to max AGL Cell's SA (and even got 1 spare since the last one dropped two copies) yet between both Dokkan events I still only have 1 PHY Broly, is this normal?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Petiso posted:

I managed to max AGL Cell's SA (and even got 1 spare since the last one dropped two copies) yet between both Dokkan events I still only have 1 PHY Broly, is this normal?

The first time the Broly event was up I only got one Broly through a dozen runs. This time I had a little more luck, and managed to max him out. I'd wager maybe 20% drop rate, all in all? Could be even less, since I got a couple double drops as well.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

It took me about 18 runs this event to get 10 Brolys. I got a few doubles though.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, Cell's drop rate was a little better, but I didn't find PHY Broly particularly egregious.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I need one more Broly. Finished Cell up yesterday. I never killed big-boy Broly the entire event, though.. Maybe next time.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

This STR char gacha has pretty good rates. Too bad this guy has no +ki links :(

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
I got the SSJ "Let's Go!" Message

Awakened pan. I'm so mad right now. Why the gently caress would they include awakened characters. Why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

visceril posted:

I got the SSJ "Let's Go!" Message

Awakened pan. I'm so mad right now. Why the gently caress would they include awakened characters. Why?

Your reaction is why.