Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The announcer could also follow some of the fights. He was the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I think re: Jotaro and Josuke's brief fight it's important to remember that Jojo isn't a story where defeating someone is a binary question of "power levels" or whatever. People constantly win confrontations by thinking quick or seizing a sudden opportunity.

Think of it like a boxing match (which it essentially is), Jotaro's a great boxer, and he's surprised that Josuke is better at boxing than he expected, this guy could get a few good licks in. This isn't going to predetermine the outcome or provide an accurate metric of who is "stronger" or "faster".

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

no actually josuke is the best, sorry.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Josuke getting flung off a motorcycle into a car, using Crazy Diamond to punch his way through it and then instantly fix it while capturing the enemy Stand in it is way cooler than anything Jotaro ever did.

Josuke is the best

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Josuke wouldn't have lost to dio like his loser dad.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Stairmaster posted:

no actually josuke is the best, sorry.

It's true. Best Jojo.

Jotaro is really cool and I like him but I like both Josukes better.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, Josuke is greeeeeeat. Real great. And he doesn't have like stupid hair or anything. It's not like Johnny is better.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

don't bring me into this. both josuke and johnny are good.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, Josuke is greeeeeeat. Real great. And he doesn't have like stupid hair or anything. It's not like Johnny is better.

Are we gonna throw down? Over this? You think so? I'll do it

I have no idea how embedding this tweet will mess with the image until after I put it through, so let's see here:

https://twitter.com/magma_bb/status/709947061471281152

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

lol @ star platinum

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-03-16/jojo-part-4-will-have-3-versions-of-upcoming-pv-in-3-different-cities/.99827

quote:

The upcoming television anime adaptation of Hirohiko Araki's JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable manga will get a new promotional video on March 21. The catch is that the video will have three versions and each version will be shown once on street screens in three separate cities at the same time.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

one of them is going to be a heavily edited cut of the final fight against kira

one is going to be okuyasu crying profusely while eating italian food

the last will be a previously unknown scene of jotaro standing in front of the higashikata residence's door and trying to figure out how to talk to josuke's mom without coming off like a goon

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also this would be a pretty good ED, even has opening cue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7MhpFF1vv0

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Baal posted:

Also this would be a pretty good ED, even has opening cue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7MhpFF1vv0

Every time you post RHCP I start to think there's a very solid chance we might get Under the Bridge as an ED.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
protip if you're thinking about what the op/ed of part 4 should be: nobody cares shut up

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

actually, this is probably the one thread that cares

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ryaomon posted:

protip if you're thinking about what the op/ed of part 4 should be: nobody cares shut up

I care and it's fun sharing ideas

Dias posted:

Every time you post RHCP I start to think there's a very solid chance we might get Under the Bridge as an ED.

I really like RHCP, alright

The first two albums aren't that great tho

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Johnny Joestar posted:

actually, this is probably the one thread that cares

I think that dude cares a lot about people caring too. It's a very caring thread, this.

Baal posted:

I really like RHCP, alright

The first two albums aren't that great tho

I like Blood Sugar Sex Magik quite a bit, and Californation/By The Way I listened to a fuckton when I was a wee teen. Don't worry, I'm not in a position to judge you. I was just thinking it fits the pattern and the tone for an ED, and it's WMG to boot.

Dias fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Mar 16, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's why I don't like Otoishi that much because Araki gave the RHCP name to a chicken lizard with a lovely guitarist for his stand user

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

RHCP comes off as being pretty likely for at least one ED song. i doubt they'd go for something super high energy for the first season, at the very least.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I like that they got Splatinums super saiyan bedhead for the anime

Good old david

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
RHCP annoys me as a Stand because it seems like it ignores the 'Stand Rule' of Strength inversely proportional to Range. It shows a lot of power and speed for something whose range is so high.

I guess the technical catch is it's Range isn't related to the user but instead to Electrical Sources but it's still pretty shaky to me, since Electrical Sources are so easy to come by.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I don't care about RHCP the Stand but I care a lot about Akira Otoishi.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I'n trying my best, but somehow I can't remember a single goddamn thing about the RHCP fight, what the hell happened. Josuke fought a lightning bird i guess?? That's all my memory is giving me.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Okuyasu fucks him up then goofs, Josuke gets messed up a bit but then ruses him, Okuyasu fucks him up.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Okuyasu goofs is putting it mildly. Doesn't he get regenerated from like a hand after RHCP drags his rear end away?

That fight hurt my feelings

E: i know crazy d doesn't regenerate, he gets pulled back and healed

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, honestly it's a cheating bullshit Crazy D gets a power he can't do thing.

Okuyasu is 100% dead before he gets 100% okay.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Haha I did a swift edit to try and fudge that but ultimately you're right, he seems dead and koichi just loving panics while jotaro and josuke both act like it's all whatever.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Okuyasu fucks him up then goofs, Josuke gets messed up a bit but then ruses him, Okuyasu fucks him up.

this cover's bittersweet as heck

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's pretty egregious when Keicho is killed the same way ultimately. But it's all whatever, Crazy D is best, Okuyasu is best, RHCP is a great fight and the ending is :3: as gently caress.

I hate the Koichi panel though when Josuke lends Joseph his arm. It's pretty hamfisted.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

yeah, Crazy Diamond doesn't ever show that style of power again does it?

Like the ability to return the larger piece to the smaller piece when restoring something? He does the opposite with Kira's hand, but I don't think I remember 'well I'll just drag him back to his tiny thing', because by that logic he could have just dragged Kira back to his hand when he cut it off.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Pomp posted:

this cover's bittersweet as heck

Seriously, I love it but it's making me very sad. I want Pt 4 style trio hijinks.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Stallion Cabana posted:

Like the ability to return the larger piece to the smaller piece when restoring something? He does the opposite with Kira's hand, but I don't think I remember 'well I'll just drag him back to his tiny thing', because by that logic he could have just dragged Kira back to his hand when he cut it off.

The bringing Okuyasu's body back to his arm thing isn't really outside of its stated power. The problem is that Okuyasu's brought back from being dragged inside an electric cable, so essentially becoming an electric current. There's no real way to posit that as him not being fully dead other than Araki deciding he wasn't dead and Crazy D can't bring dudes back to life.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The bringing Okuyasu's body back to his arm thing isn't really outside of its stated power. The problem is that Okuyasu's brought back from being dragged inside an electric cable, so essentially becoming an electric current. There's no real way to posit that as him not being fully dead other than Araki deciding he wasn't dead and Crazy D can't bring dudes back to life.

yeah I got that part, too.

It was just a weird sequence as a whole to me, with the way Crazy Diamond's powers were being used in that entire sequence don't ever seem to pop up again.

Kind of like how I was thinking the other night it was really crazy that Kira managed to perfectly pick Cindarella's Salon when he was fleeing from the group.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

~Stand users are drawn to each other~

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
RHCP has a special place in my heart because Crazy Diamond still sounded like a legitimate Stand name, as well as The Hand, but then a little bug thing pops out of an electric outlet and declares that we are underestimating the power of Red Hot Chili Peppers and that felt like a beautiful start to what real Stands are named like.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Okay wait, the only thing I remember is RHCP coming in through Josuke's TV while he's playing a game and all Josuke thinks about that is now Akira knows he sucks at games.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That happens right at the start

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Stallion Cabana posted:

He didn't do that for the same reason that he stole multiple people's phones during the Highway Star chase instead of just fixing the first one

Because he's a big dumb goof

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Josuke rescuing okuyasu makes more sense when you remember that oku is literally too stupid to die