Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
tori inspired me :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

TMZ reported that Fogle suffered a bloody nose, swollen face and scratches on his neck after being beaten on Jan. 29 in a recreation yard by inmate Steven Nigg.

Nigg, who is in custody on a weapons charge, got a small cut on his left hand in the fight and was put in solitary confinement as punishment, TMZ said.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

keyboard vomit posted:

I want to see Americans having to play in Japanese stadiums with whatever weird rules they use

all running must be backwards

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
attn tori:

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

keyboard vomit posted:

I want to see Americans having to play in Japanese stadiums with whatever weird rules they use

where their bats are branded hello kitty and somehow they are fine with it.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

triple sulk posted:

TMZ reported that Fogle suffered a bloody nose, swollen face and scratches on his neck after being beaten on Jan. 29 in a recreation yard by inmate Steven Nigg.

Nigg, who is in custody on a weapons charge, got a small cut on his left hand in the fight and was put in solitary confinement as punishment, TMZ said.

that sure is a name

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
also, unrelated, but how do u donate to someone's commissary account?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
get in the zone, auto zone

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

graph posted:

get in the zone, auto zone

quote:

The newly constructed AutoZone on University Avenue will have to remove a retaining wall, rocks and a fence from behind its store, or face possible fines.

On Monday, the Oxford Planning Commission denied a request from AutoZone for a variance that would “for- give” the retaining wall, which is almost double the height allowed by city code.

In June 2014, the AutoZone site plan was approved by staff. Since the building was beneath the threshold of 10,000- square feet in size, it did not need to go before the Oxford Planning Commission. The building was finished in 2015.

City building staff discovered in October the wall was not built as shown on approved drawings. AutoZone had changed the design in the field without the city’s per- mission and built a 40-foot-long by 12.33-foot-high wall. City code allows for a maximum height of 6 feet for a retaining wall inside the Neighborhood Overlay District — which encompasses most of what is known as “Old Oxford.”

Behind the wall, AutoZone also placed large stone and a metal fence, which are also not in compliance with city code.

Jeff Kauerz with AutoZone said the higher wall was built during construction when the dirt behind it started to push on the wall.

“The contractor was concerned the soil was too unstable and thought the hill could collapse if the wall wasn’t construct- ed higher,” he said Monday. “We certainly didn’t want the higher wall as it was much more expensive than what he planned to spend.”

Commissioner John Bradley made the motion to deny the variance request, ordered AutoZone to rebuild the wall as per city codes and instructed code inspec- tors to issue any fines applicable if not completed as ordered. The commission supported the motion unanimously.

AutoZone could be fined a maximum of $100 a day since the wall was built, which was 189 days prior to the city sending a letter advising AutoZone of the violation.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

graph posted:

backwards or forwards it spells the same

(i thought this was a local/regional company)

btw the "empoweredness" to the water that's "definitely not a bad old chemical" and "totally safe for your family" is lye.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

all running must be backwards

Bonus points for handwalking

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Roosevelt posted:

tori inspired me :v:

Hell yeah! Such a great radio.

Oh god where

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

for a minute i thought this was about the auto zone by my house because it's also on university avenue, near the intersection of university and oxford. lol. but it's not newly constructed.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Citizen Tayne posted:

Oh god where

in the past, before you were born!!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sniep posted:

btw the "empoweredness" to the water that's "definitely not a bad old chemical" and "totally safe for your family" is lye.

lol

Apr 7, 2003

Juan Nicasio is striking out Orioles players at will. Uncle Ray has done it again!

Apr 7, 2003

triple sulk posted:

in the past, before you were born!!

:rageface:

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
Fox News has canceled its March 21 Republican presidential debate following Donald Trump's decision not to attend, three sources told CNNMoney on Wednesday.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

PuTTY riot posted:

Fox News has canceled its March 21 Republican presidential debate following Donald Trump's decision not to attend, three sources told CNNMoney on Wednesday.

kasich said he wouldn't go if trump didn't show up

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

PuTTY riot posted:

stumped

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
jesus gently caress :cripes:

An Idaho sheriff says the Legislature shouldn't have gotten involved in creating a statewide system for collecting and tracking rape kits because many rape accusations are false.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Welp Hillary is the president now I guess

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

prefect posted:

An Idaho sheriff says the Legislature shouldn't have gotten involved in creating a statewide system for collecting and tracking rape kits because many rape accusations are false.

Kill all men

Apr 7, 2003

maniacdevnull posted:

Trump's genius cryptoleft gambit worked!

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Four more years of Bill's smarmyness without any of Bill's charm to go with it

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

prefect posted:

that's the very mormon part of the state too

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

maniacdevnull posted:

there is still a lot of delegates left

edit: oh come on

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Tusen Takk posted:

there is still a lot of delegates left

That av owns btw, never change it

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

PuTTY riot posted:

can confirm, my father in law just got the call to turn his truck carrying the stage for that debate around and go back home

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tusen Takk posted:

eh could be worse

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
News Analysis
Front-Runners Face Deep Skepticism

By MICHAEL BARBARO

Donald J. Trump and Hillary Clinton’s triumphs masked a profound reality: Most Americans don’t like them.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
avs off supremacy

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
"The Senate will continue to observe the 'Biden Rule' so the American people have a voice in this momentous decision. The American people may well elect a president who decides to nominate Judge Garland for Senate consideration. The next president may also nominate somebody very different. Either way, our view is this: Give the people a voice in filling this vacancy."

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
PITTSBURGH — It hits you as soon as you get to town.

There’s the purple-haired free spirit at the Ace Hotel who gives you the lowdown on outlaw poetry gatherings and killer pizza. There are the art kids offering tips at the Andy Warhol Museum, and the tyro entrepreneurs strategizing over cocktails at the Tender Bar & Kitchen in Lawrenceville, the neighborhood along the Allegheny River that is shifting from a desolate zone where your laptop might get stolen to the place where butcher paper in the windows signifies a bumper crop of new restaurants. There’s the 25-year-old Uber driver who shoots you a crucial heads-up: “The best bartender in the world is working tonight.”

Everybody seems so young. And everybody’s talking about restaurants. If there are scholars who hope to study how a vibrant food culture can help radically transform an American city, the time to do that is right now, in real time, in the place that gave us Heinz ketchup.

In December, Zagat named Pittsburgh the No. 1 food city in America. Vogue just went live with a piece that proclaimed, “Pittsburgh is not just a happening place to visit — increasingly, people, especially New Yorkers, are toying with the idea of moving here.”

etc. etc.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

prefect posted:

In December, Zagat named Pittsburgh the No. 1 food city in America.

loving lol

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

PuTTY riot posted:

"The Senate will continue to observe the 'Biden Rule' so the American people have a voice in this momentous decision. The American people may well elect a president who decides to nominate Judge Garland for Senate consideration. The next president may also nominate somebody very different. Either way, our view is this: Give the people a voice in filling this vacancy."

was this mitch

Apr 7, 2003

prefect posted:

There’s the 25-year-old Uber driver who shoots you

Apr 7, 2003

When I see stories like that, I assume that a very influential entity with significant property holdings here is paying to get them written.

Apr 7, 2003

Also Pittsburgh always has had weird purple haired people who bother you with unasked-for advice, as have most cities. I guess it's just cool now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

triple sulk posted:

was this mitch

:turt:

• Locked thread