Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Man, there is SO MUCH POVERTY in the fighting game genre I've never seen, it's amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Dias posted:

Man, there is SO MUCH POVERTY in the fighting game genre I've never seen, it's amazing.

Woolie knows about the real poo poo

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
How have I never heard about this game

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Today I was reminded about the existence of ARM JOE.

http://tig.wikia.com/wiki/Arm_Joe

I would love to see the Zaibatsu playing this.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Dexie posted:

Today I was reminded about the existence of ARM JOE.

http://tig.wikia.com/wiki/Arm_Joe

I would love to see the Zaibatsu playing this.

I'm still expecting that to pop up on the channel.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Put Liam on house arrest, because director of I am Setsuna said there might be a vita version if there's a "swell of demand." I'm afraid he's going to stalk the poor director to death.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Tae posted:

Put Liam on house arrest, because director of I am Setsuna said there might be a vita version if there's a "swell of demand." I'm afraid he's going to stalk the poor director to death.

Ah, sweet youth.
I remember when I was this eager and naive.
We shall see you on the other side, senpai.

nikochansan
Feb 11, 2014
Part of me really wants to see Woolie finish TftBL, I know he said that he's "Telltale'd out" and after Minecraft, that probably won't help much either and I wouldn't blame him but Tales is probably one of the best of the modern Telltale games, imo

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Tae posted:

Some part of Liam will be swelling thanks to this news, alright

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

lol if people actually nag square into releasing the extremely bad vita version of that game

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
https://twitter.com/2BFLiam/status/709384951767179268

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think Liam needs somebody to talk to.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cmykjester posted:

He already has a Vita he can talk to.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

cmykjester posted:

The Vita thread here could use a puppet master.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I think you guys need to calm down if someone goes "Show us demand" and you freak out over a single tweet in response.
Feel free to blast away when he's organizing hashtags again though.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

HGH posted:

I think you guys need to calm down if someone goes "Show us demand" and you freak out over a single tweet in response.
Feel free to blast away when he's organizing hashtags again though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVAdt5bH2tE

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Dear Matt McMuscles:

The FFX LP is fantastic, even if it sometimes makes me yell at my computer screen. Please don't let the critiques get you down! I'm gonna join many others in saying it's unequivocally my favorite LP right now, and that you and Woolie have been incredibly entertaining. DON'T GIVE UP!! FOLLOW YOUR DREEEEEEEAMS.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Double-posting for SHAAAAAAAAAAAAUN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I-tyKfCXTg

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah uh, the ffx lp is one of the best in ages, don't let a vocal minority get you down. Remember that you have a huge fanbase and most of them love your stuff, just because a small subsection is basically Alphys from undertale doesn't mean a vast majority really enjoys your content, even if they don't necessarily say anything.

It's why I keep saying you should do a patreon, it'd show you immediately the size of your support base. I've never seen fans so dedicated to youtube/video personalities outside of giant bomb.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

It's why I keep saying you should do a patreon, it'd show you immediately the size of your support base. I've never seen fans so dedicated to youtube/video personalities outside of giant bomb.

Yeah those mailbag videos are still the most insane thing I've seen.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Woolie will finally complete the Sadness Trilogy! :swoon:

Or maybe Pat is punishing him for being an alien collaborator.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
People that demand perfection from the super best friends are kinda missing the point and can be safely ignored.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I wonder if they'll be able to avoid spoilers? Woolie can basically never glance at chat.

Also no one is asking for perfection jeez you guys. But if that skip after the first Game Over proved anything, it's that they clearly perform way better without recording.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

HGH posted:

Also no one is asking for perfection jeez you guys. But if that skip after the first Game Over proved anything, it's that they clearly perform way better without recording.

Or it could be they literally just fought that boss and already knew his gimmick because of hindsight.

Hindsight being a thing people take for granted online as magic because "I know all this stuff about the game, why don't they?"

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Finished the podcast and boy Pat was on point with how dumb the trailer chat was and how hypocritical Liam and Woolie were being.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

HGH posted:

I wonder if they'll be able to avoid spoilers? Woolie can basically never glance at chat.

I'm not sure it matters. It's a David Cage game so he knows it's going to completely crash and burn at some point, plus the only major spoiler I can think of is so nonsensical that Woolie might not even believe it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Phantasium posted:

Or it could be they literally just fought that boss and already knew his gimmick because of hindsight.

Hindsight being a thing people take for granted online as magic because "I know all this stuff about the game, why don't they?"

There's a distinct difference between the player missing something the viewer already knew or noticed, and the player missing something the viewer already knew or noticed because they're too busy complaining about how they don't get it.

See the previous example of how the guys complained about how Rule of Rose didn't have a map because they didn't bother trying to hit the select button a single time in like 6 hours of gameplay spread possibly over several weeks.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Phantasium posted:

Yeah those mailbag videos are still the most insane thing I've seen.
Matt, 30 seconds after opening an SBF patreon

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Yeah I don't care if Matt knows how to get the Magus Sister or that dumb poo poo, but at least have a notepad on the mechanics of the basic gameplay like "Switching characters don't cost turns."

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Captain Invictus posted:

Matt, 30 seconds after opening an SBF patreon

Hell, just him making a patreon for his flophouse streams would set him for a second life.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

CJacobs posted:

and the player missing something the viewer already knew or noticed because they're too busy complaining about how they don't get it.

They missed the gimmick at the start and then got stuck in a revive loop and then salvaged the fight.

Final Fantasy the series is balanced around you being ignorant of the finer workings of the battle system and Matt hasn't even been doing that bad of a job, they just came back to a recording session right before a tough fight and forgot a couple things.

Like I don't even remember them complaining they flat out make a joke about how "perfect" the fight was at the end of it.

Tae posted:

Yeah I don't care if Matt knows how to get the Magus Sister or that dumb poo poo, but at least have a notepad on the mechanics of the basic gameplay like "Switching characters don't cost turns."

To be fair, how many turn based RPGs with character switching can you think of where it doesn't cost you a turn? Like all I can think of is Breath of Fire IV.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Also remember they record them in chunks, so there might be a week or more between recordings, and that it's very easy to forget stuff in that time especially if you're doing a whole shitload of other things both business and personal.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Finished the podcast and boy Pat was on point with how dumb the trailer chat was and how hypocritical Liam and Woolie were being.

I love how he spent good chunks of the podcast in silent agony yet still brought upon all his life force to speak up and poo poo on Woolie about the trailer stuff whenever applicable.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Like, they're just dancing around Spiderman, right? The only reason I even have a notion about that at all is because these nerds talk about it.

Phantasium fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Mar 16, 2016

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
The """""secret"""" new Civil War character (the one from the Sony leaks) looks like garbage btw. Awful version of the costume.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Link to the ~~~~~~LEAKS~~~~~~~?

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Phantasium posted:

To be fair, how many turn based RPGs with character switching can you think of where it doesn't cost you a turn? Like all I can think of is Breath of Fire IV.

Not realizing that character switching doesn't take a turn is 100%, perfectly understandable your first couple hours into the game. Halfway through, after you've done it a million times already and it is one of the most core and vital mechanics of the combat system? Maybe less so.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

They announced a disney Spiderman movie like months ago.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Vargs posted:

after you've done it a million times already and it is one of the most core and vital mechanics of the combat system? Maybe less so.

One thing I've noticed is they don't actually switch characters all that much in this playthrough, I don't think it's that absurd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

they really danced around saying spiderman's name?

lol