Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Popular Thug Drink posted:

i'm not saying you have to tolerate anything, i'm just calling you out for your odd fantasies about fixing america by pulling some reverse deliverance scenario and salting the cultural earth of nascarland. you're going to fight the culture war until you die because guess what, a multicultural democracy cuts both ways. you can't have a diverse massive country with freedom of speech and thought where everyone happens to agree with you

anyway just to be clear i am directly stating that your opinions are bad. i don't need to agree with the people you're mocking to mock you

poor rural white republican men are

That's some crazy hyperbole there (salting the cultural earth of nascar land? go gently caress yourself) , I just think we can tackle so many of these perceived cultural deficiencies (and much more!) by educating our kids and creating tighter knit societies through that education. Honestly it'd be great if we didn't have to share an executive with these garbage tier states that refuse to elect people to actually govern but this is the country I'm stuck with and we all gotta get to the future together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Mr Hootington posted:

I think the big question here is when can we start the white enslavement and genocide?

Not soon enough.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Talmonis posted:

Depends on the area. Local government is a "good ol' boys" network of assholes. Some rich, some poor, all assholes. And those poor white constituents are who put them there, and are happy that way. They don't hate the local boys in charge. They hate "that friend of the family in the White house"(sic).

who are you quoting

Enkmar posted:

That's some crazy hyperbole there (salting the cultural earth of nascar land? go gently caress yourself) , I just think we can tackle so many of these perceived cultural deficiencies (and much more!) by educating our kids and creating tighter knit societies through that education. Honestly it'd be great if we didn't have to share an executive with these garbage tier states that refuse to elect people to actually govern but this is the country I'm stuck with and we all gotta get to the future together.

its not hyperbole, friend:

rkajdi posted:

Honestly, the solution is compulsory K-12 education with real national standards and the inability of parents to opt their kids out. Make it a point of destroying the pre-modern thinking of the kid's parents as part of educational indoctrination. Culture is only a generation thick at best, so you can solve the problem in 30 or so years at the worst.

maybe the real cultural deficiency is in your heart

seriously though do none of you see the irony in "blaming white culture for being so lazy and ignorant" or do we just not care in our endless rush to impotently vent about the bad people wot ruined america

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Mar 16, 2016

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

computer parts posted:

So only 3/4 of the examples you mentioned are controlled by rich people.

Rich people who utterly depend on the votes of the poor white male. As you can see in this election, they'll go for whoever is loudest and most racist above all else.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

really my point boils down to a lot of ostensible lefists itt are pissing and moaning about dumb cracker white republican men not because that group is the source of any tangible problem (they're largely powerless) but because that group is the only group that an onstensible twentysomething urban internet leftist can piss on while remaining consistent to their political ideology

Well you can also piss on the youth as this thread is wont to do

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Talmonis posted:

Rich people who utterly depend on the votes of the poor white male.

Poor whites actually are the most likely of whites to vote for Democrats. In 2012 they were about evenly split.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

who are you quoting

I'm not Talmonis, but I can point you to my girlfriend's uncle from rural PA who unironically said "Obongo" while he was bitching about the drat liberals :v:

edit:

computer parts posted:

Poor whites actually are the most likely of whites to vote for Democrats. In 2012 they were about evenly split.

The flip side of that coin is that other ones are either basically neo-nazis, or the ones that didn't vote.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

who are you quoting

its not hyperbole, friend:

maybe the real cultural deficiency is in your heart

Not sure what you have in mind but it's really not what any of us are posting about

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

who are you quoting

Family, unfortunately. I'm am the poor white male. At least I was. I got lucky enough to get out, but not before choosing to not be as racist as those around me.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Talmonis posted:

Family, unfortunately. I'm am the poor white male. At least I was. I got lucky enough to get out, but not before choosing to not be as racist as those around me.

So you pulled yourself up by your ideological bootstraps.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

computer parts posted:

There's a reason they're losing national elections. The white male vote is all they have left.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Enkmar posted:

Not sure what you have in mind but it's really not what any of us are posting about

it's what i'm talking about, and you chose to quote me, soooooo

agree or disagree with this statement: "we need to take our country back from those rural white people who are a drain on our economy and have cultural values incompatible with our way of life"

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

computer parts posted:

So you pulled yourself up by your ideological bootstraps.

gently caress you man. It's not hard to decide not to be a loving rear end in a top hat all the time to people you don't even know. It sure as hell isn't bootstraps.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Lessail posted:

Well you can also piss on the youth as this thread is wont to do

That is it. Hear me out guys. We need to kill everyone over 32, under 22, and white men. Utopia will flourish.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Talmonis posted:

It's not hard to decide not to be a loving rear end in a top hat all the time to people you don't even know.

uh, um, ah, are you, ah, reading the current topic of discussion itt, or, uh, am i having a, uh, stroke, er

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

agree or disagree with this statement: "we need to take our country back from those rural white people who are a drain on our economy and have cultural values incompatible with our way of life"

I'm thinking less take it back and more build something for everyone

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

agree or disagree with this statement: "we need to take our country back from those rural white people conservatives who are a drain on our economy and have cultural values incompatible with our way of life"

That's about right where I'm at.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I'm black as hell and yeah dudes there are large segments of Poor rural white people who have it close to or just as bad as black people

It's why the right has for so long and so easily been able to use them to vote against affirmative action and other civil rights issues.

"If I am having trouble finding a job, why should a Black person have a better chance than me" They don't see the demographics and larger picture problems they can only(and understandably so) see the problems in front of them.

Race is real useful to keep the underclasses from uniting and voting against the rich

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Talmonis posted:

gently caress you man. It's not hard to decide not to be a loving rear end in a top hat all the time to people you don't even know. It sure as hell isn't bootstraps.

I dunno, lots of people seem to find it hard.

But maybe they're just lazy. Or they're getting handouts from the politicians they vote for. Or some other vague reference to welfare queens that I can't think of right now.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Contrast the current discussion of Republican voters to the discussion about young voters

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Talmonis posted:

There is a massive overlap on these forums among people who escaped from a shithole rural town and into the middle class and those who think that poor whites are lazy good for nothings.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Depends which way of life you are on the side of. A shockingly large and diverse crosssection of the country seems to dislike this "New america", despite much of the activist left taking a "Its done, stop talking about it" position on policy decided in the last year or so. I think gay marrage/military service has a lot more to do with trumpism than having a black president. From where i am sitting bill clinton got treated just as badly or worse. (Actual impechment and accusations of theft or murder from high level republicans, instead of parliamentary opposition and fringe conspiracy theories). I wasnt around for carter but i imagine he got treated as badly as both of them.

So its not so much "Black president, not my president!", as "Democratic president, not my president!" (with a dash of racism on top)

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
"Guys, no, when you exclude a group on the basis that they are being colossally toxic, hateful assholes, it is actually YOU who are the colossally toxic, hateful rear end in a top hat!"
- like half this thread

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

zoux posted:

It's going to be John Roberts and eight liberals by 2024 :getin:

I would watch that sitcom.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

uh, um, ah, are you, ah, reading the current topic of discussion itt, or, uh, am i having a, uh, stroke, er

Their ideology is toxic and I want it destroyed. Doesn't mean I'm an rear end in a top hat to them.

The Kingfish posted:

There is a massive overlap on these forums among people who escaped from a shithole rural town and into the middle class and those who think that poor whites are lazy good for nothings.

Find me this person. They're a loving rear end in a top hat if that's what they said. I have a problem with my family and old close neighbor's ideology and treatment of gays, minorities, athiests, muslims and immigrants. Nothing about their work ethic.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Dexo posted:

I'm black as hell and yeah dudes there are large segments of Poor rural white people who have it close to or just as bad as black people

It's why the right has for so long and so easily been able to use them to vote against affirmative action and other civil rights issues.

"If I am having trouble finding a job, why should a Black person have a better chance than me" They don't see the demographics and larger picture problems they can only(and understandably so) see the problems in front of them.

Race is real useful to keep the underclasses from uniting and voting against the rich

People different from me have different life experiences and perspectives that help shape their world view for better or worse?

Impossible they choose to be poor, white, males.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

The Kingfish posted:

It's pretty similar to how Atheists from Christian households are just as much assholes as the community they left.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

deadly_pudding posted:

"Guys, no, when you exclude a group on the basis that they are being colossally toxic, hateful assholes, it is actually YOU who are the colossally toxic, hateful rear end in a top hat!"
- like half this thread

It's like that "why won't you tolerate my intolerance!" bit you get from right-wingers.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

computer parts posted:

It's pretty similar to how Atheists from Christian households are just as much assholes as the community they left.

You see the same thing with black college kids too. Its just part of a natural human inability to accept that our individual circumstances or experiences might be atypical.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Impossible they choose to be poor, white, males.

Being a poor, white male doesn't mean you have to be a proud racist chum!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The Kingfish posted:

There are many people on the forums who have become middle class and are one transgender bathroom bill away from being FYGM conservatives instead of FYGM liberals.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Unzip and Attack posted:

I was hoping that most of my Bernie-supporting friends/family would come around after yesterday and see the writing on the wall. Unfortunately I woke up to multiple "Bernie can still do it!" links/opinions. Ugh- I hope Sanders starts being more conciliatory at this point.

lol you know that you need these people to vote for your candidate eventually, right?

it blows my mind that people sit here scratching their heads about depressed democratic turnout and then post stuff like "why don't all of these disillusioned idiots vote accept reality and vote for my candidate already? :smug:"

if sanders drops out and clinton runs as fast as she can to the center right, how do you expect the far left to be excited and not just hold their nose to vote for not-Hitler and then go hide until 2016?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dexo posted:

It sounds like you're saying that race is actually a political concept and whiteness didn't exist as a unifying identity until rich slave holding plantation owners dreamed it up to drive a wedge between poor whites and soon-to-be-poor blacks

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

looking forward to all the tut-tutting about how primary chat needs to be in YCS since someone said something other than "look at how stupid all of these bernie supporters are :smug:"

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Talmonis posted:

But it does effect the information that you are presented with. The most that anyone can do is process the information they obtain.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Talmonis posted:

Do you feel the same way about racism in minority groups and feel those cultures should be destroyed?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Business Gorillas posted:

if sanders drops out and clinton runs as fast as she can to the center right, how do you expect the far left to be excited and not just hold their nose to vote for not-Hitler and then go hide until 2016?

Fortunately, the far left doesn't really exist.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

zoux posted:

Benghazi

i read what joe posted but i could have believed this was it

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

zoux posted:

It's going to be John Roberts and eight liberals only John Roberts by 2024 :getin:

Fixed this for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Business Gorillas posted:

looking forward to all the tut-tutting about how primary chat needs to be in YCS since someone said something other than "look at how stupid all of these bernie supporters are :smug:"

Actually you're the first meltdown of the day.

• Locked thread