Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I want apple maps to highlight places I've liked Tia Tim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

zen death robot posted:

it's your fault you can't afford a new phone at regular price though

lmao mate I can afford them. I just don't think it's a good use of money

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
then you can't afford them

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

apfel more like apfail

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

infernal machines posted:

then you can't afford them

this is poor logic.. why don't you go also buy an android. surely you can afford it. you probably just dont think its worth spending money on. I guess then you cant afford it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
things the money would be better spent on - my 3/4 million dollars worth of debt

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
a grand off my mortgage is like 10 grand in 30 years I am not spending, or more.. OR i guess I could update my phone - a loser

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

echinopsis posted:

things the money would be better spent on - my 3/4 million dollars worth of debt

You're not making a real good case here

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the richest people ahve the most debt -fact

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
pretty much

also, if you have to think about the value proposition it's not a consumer electronic device, it's an investment, and an iphone should never be an investment

unless you're cremnob

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

infernal machines posted:

pretty much

also, if you have to think about the value proposition it's not a consumer electronic device, it's an investment, and an iphone should never be an investment

unless you're cremnob

thanks to my new job we are financially better than ever. i can easily "afford" a new phone, as in, it wouldn't really make any noticable difference to our finances whatsoever.

i still dont think its a good use of my money.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

perhaps you should buy an android

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
perhaps.. and I know you know this is a superior alternaticve...

stick with my iphone 4s.. maybe upgrade to the lowest currently available model in the next eyar

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
poo poo or get off the pot m8

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

if your current phone works fine then why update? unless its resolutionary

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

security fixes?

what if echi commits a terrorism? the NZ police could access all his swinger pics if he's only rocking a 4s

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
im hosed then

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
im thinking of hiring a maid as a gift for squeezywife on our upcoming anniversary. any recommendations for a good maid service around the Mission?

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

iPhone 7

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

So the camera wart is now a design feature huh. where is steve's vengeful ghost when you need it

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

also lol at the integrated pogo-pin connectors on the back for the semi-mandatory official battery case

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Linguica posted:

also lol at the integrated pogo-pin connectors on the back for the semi-mandatory official battery case

i was wondering what that would be a good for.

you think they would put it on the side like the iPad Pro smart connector

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

also how is the tray for the nano sim card smaller. is there a... pico sim

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

shameful

img-a snake eating itself but it's apple and samsung

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
the phone is hard enough to hold already please don't make it thinner

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
also lusting after slimmer design isn't inherently the best goal, it'll just bend even under the weight of the camera bump now

I bet most people would be happier f it was as thick as the camera bump and it went to extra battery

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

echinopsis posted:

also lusting after slimmer design isn't inherently the best goal, it'll just bend even under the weight of the camera bump now

I bet most people would be happier f it was as thick as the camera bump and it went to extra battery

agreed

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

the phone is hard enough to hold already please don't make it thinner

now you can buy a case =)

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i bet most people would be happier if they stopped lusting after material objects in general, but hey :capitalism:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

more thinner = more better

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Linguica posted:

also how is the tray for the nano sim card smaller. is there a... pico sim

I think it is supposed to support digital SIMs and thus simplify everything a lot.

Apparently named an e-SIM, yet to catch up to the digital age I guess :shrug:

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

people say they don't want thinness every year

but if you pick up an iPhone 4 or 5 it's shocking how thick and heavy they feel.

eventually we'll have devices that are as thin as paper

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
like you are dick

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PleasureKevin posted:

but if you pick up an iPhone 4 or 5 it's shocking how thick and heavy they feel.

the thinness is a compromise on battery life and structural integrity and that is the disappoint

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
galaxy s7 actually got thicker this year to minimize camera bump and increase battery life

at 7.9mm, thicker than the iphone 6s

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

PleasureKevin posted:

i too strain at the effort required to wield a 4oz phone

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
thinness doesnt rly matter 2 me, a Phablet Man. Love the Phablet Lifestyle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
LOVE my huge gold phablet

• Locked thread