Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Coolguye posted:

"also despite the whole doctor thing that I am crushingly poor"

Actually most doctors are rich

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgwlJIo0In0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I married Alex but I would have married Shane if I could have. Sebastian's a pain to find at first.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I married my pumpkin patch.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

A lot of the guys kind of suck right? At least on first impressions Sam feels really boring, Alex is a poo poo, Harvey has that loving mustache. I just married a girl instead.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

LibbyM posted:

A lot of the guys kind of suck right? At least on first impressions Sam feels really boring, Alex is a poo poo, Harvey has that loving mustache. I just married a girl instead.

Alex at least gets a lot better once you get his heart events.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

What is that weird howly ghost sound I hear sometimes? Is that just supposed to be the wind?

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004
The doctor probably has a really hard time in this town. Some idiot in the village keeps fish in his chest for a week, and then gives them out as gifts.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sebastian isn't broken he's just sort of unhappy for reasons ranging from understandable to kind of stupid

i still like him the best of the single dudes, followed by i guess elliott? elliott's kind of a dumb elitist motherfucker ("i guess people don't read books anymo-" *i roll my eyes and put away the gem i was about to gift him*) but he's so loving fabulous

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DarkLich posted:

The doctor probably has a really hard time in this town. Some idiot in the village keeps fish in his chest for a week, and then gives them out as gifts.

sometimes i give people sashimi that the local homeless man made himself and sent me through the mail. at least, i think i have. when you keep 45 servings of the stuff in a pocket in your backpack it all starts to look the same after a bit

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Holy poo poo CA was not joking when he said that Iridium appearance rates get higher through the Skull Dungeon. I bought 10 stacks of 999 stone and staircase hopped my way down to the ~100 floor level and by the time I left due to passing out I came home with over 200 iridium ore. :vince:

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
It turns out that if you pass out because you decided attacking the train with your sword sounds like a good time, you wake up in the clinic, Harvey has picked your pockets and charged you 1000 gold for the privilege.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
please game, I just want one hazelnut before fall ends

you can have my blackberries, all I ask is a single hazelnut

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

Considering how young he is, that's not too shocking. Dude is running a small business in a town of like 20 people and probably has six figure student debt.

Not just that, but he hired Maru to assist him too. So he's paying her out of whatever the clinic is bringing in.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

DarkLich posted:

I have a chest specifically for fish. I can't open it without thinking about how bad it would smell.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

All my fish immediately get turned into sashimi. Then I just carry it around in my pockets forever. I even sleep with it!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I've just got 186 bunches of blackberries in my pants

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

Give away the green grass, Give away the sky

LibbyM posted:

I kind of felt this way too. I've played games where I really liked all the choices because they were good characters and there was something to like about all of them, but the ones in this game are sort of bland.

I always tend to gravitate towards geeky characters, so that's likely why I picked Sebastian. I married Arthur in RF4. :shrug:

E: Also Creepy Recluse Fabio, no thank you.

nonpromqueen
Sep 25, 2006

So uhh, my game crashed and when I came back I had to redo my wedding and now I have two husbands.

While I appreciate having the extra help around the farm....and idea how to edit my save to fix this?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

nonpromqueen
Sep 25, 2006

Ok, every time I open the game a new husband appears. This is.....interesting.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Captain Invictus posted:

I've just got 186 bunches of blackberries in my pants

I've just got a lovely bunch of coconuts

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

nonpromqueen posted:

destiny has asked you to form a harem

do not disappoint

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

nonpromqueen posted:

Who better to keep your spouse company when you're off in the mines all day than 40 other identical spouses.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

nonpromqueen posted:

Stardew Valley, UT

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
re: "where the gently caress is marnie"-chat from a few pages back: she's in pierre's on tuesdays doing aerobics in the side room, so if you're trying to give her a gift on tuesday that's where she is (along with most of the women in town). if you're trying to actually buy something on tuesday haha :dunkedon:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Captain Invictus posted:

please game, I just want one hazelnut before fall ends

you can have my blackberries, all I ask is a single hazelnut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cJqg--HcRE

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
I like the marriage candidates but Alex & Sam are super boring, Harvey has a weird stache unless you mod it & basically tells you you're full of germs, and Sebastian literally walks around saying he's only happy when the weather is bad to match the bleakness of his insides

Elliot is great BECAUSE that motherfucker is Fabio and a "sensitive artist" who admits his beach cabin is grody

The girls are a little better, although Haley doesn't seem to ever really do anything. It feels like the writing is very uneven between all the singles, which has admittedly been a problem in actual HM/RF games in the past too, but it really stands out here because there's so little dialogue. (Whereas in RF4 I wanted to marry nearly everyone) All of Abigail's events are really cool... Haley gets "wah wah you should clean more"?

HopperUK posted:

That sounds right for how it's worked for me.

The other day I went to Clint's to do geodes and the fucker wasn't there. It was Tuesday. Is he spying on the workout cult? The door was open, he just wasn't around.

This happened to me when I was looking for him for his birthday, had a hunch and went to check the community center & found him staring at the equipment there :)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

The girls are a little better, although Haley doesn't seem to ever really do anything.

She's a photographer!

It's actually really cool :3:

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

IcePhoenix posted:

She's a photographer!

It's actually really cool :3:

Oh right, I forgot about that! I think that's the big thing, every character has interesting little things like this about them but there's just not enough opportunities to see it with the amount of writing that exists right now

vv I told him my favorite was sci-fi books just to gently caress with him and he literally wrote me a grognard space epic "The Rise And Fall of Planet Yazzo"

Yakiniku Teishoku fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Mar 16, 2016

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

Elliot is great BECAUSE that motherfucker is Fabio and a "sensitive artist" who admits his beach cabin is grody

^^^ He wrote me a cyberpunk dystopian future mystery. :3:

I was won over by his silly dance when he bought me a beer. Now that we're married, he's still writing in the library he brought along, and he's always so cheerful about it all. :3: A+, would husband again.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Mar 16, 2016

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I was leaning towards marrying Elliott and y'all are making it clear that it's the choice to go for.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Yeah, if I do a second playthrough I think I'm going to woo Elliot now.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Alex has Goku hair so that's a point in his favor I guess but yeah Elliot's only real flaw is he's hard to find to build up his first 2 hearts

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Coolguye posted:

Alex has Goku hair

I think that's Sam, actually

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

I now want a mod that replaces Harvey with Zoidberg.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

I think that's Sam, actually

Oh yeah good call my bad

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Coolguye posted:

Alex has Goku hair so that's a point in his favor I guess but yeah Elliot's only real flaw is he's hard to find to build up his first 2 hearts

Yeah. He likes to hang out in the library some days or the bridge leading to the beach so he could probably be caught then

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

I posted his schedule from code interpretation earlier this thread, but the question mark on my posts to retrieve it. Leah has the same general issue. They are both a lot easier to court after you have 2 hearts.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Ancient Seed on 16th Spring 1 :unsmigghh:

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

A Spider Covets posted:

What is that weird howly ghost sound I hear sometimes? Is that just supposed to be the wind?

Would like to know this too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
Anyone else really, really want a weapon rack or display stand or something? How am I supposed to properly impress Abigail unless I have somewhere to display my six fire katanas? What if I want to roleplay as one of those crazy American survivalists? How am I supposed to prepare for the inevitable gubmint invasion without being able to leave haphazard stacks of poorly maintained swords everywhere?