Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Thanks for all the suggestions. Reading more on some of the skills alone has helped. Never knew some of the stuff of on Q/E and have already been utilizing to some success in both pvp and pve.

Also, the guild on mushin, is it blue or red at this point? I just made a BM to go for the lvl 45 by the 23rd prizes on Mushin. When I started the KFM a few weeks after the release I didn't know about the SA guild and just joined the newest server "taywong" at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.
Level 50's coming this spring.

Wonder how the catch-up mechanic is going to work.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Haha I'm glad I decided to farm the mats to get to true siren first before leaving true profane.

Honestly surprised we're getting the level 50 content as soon as we are.

Orabilis
May 6, 2014
I'm just trying to get my Warlock to 45 in time for the bonus goodies. I'll have to farm up the transformation stone recipe, somehow.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

So uh, which server is the most active? I rolled on mushin, but I'm not sure if I like huge axe man class yet or not. Just seems kind of "stand, smack, stand, smack" though I'm like 7. Plus abusing animation cancels sounds sort of tedious and weird.

Maybe summoner or sword mans is more up my alley?

LLeGGo
Nov 6, 2005

No relation. Your mouth foams. We dance.
From posts here it seems Mushin is the way to go, there's usually at least a couple people on throughout the day, and more at night.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
destroyer is literally all LMB RMB animation cancelling but do good damage and are really good for grabbing bosses in 50 dungeons

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Can anyone give me some tips for BM? Combos specifically, I pretty much "get it" during draw stance, but have 0 clue when its on CD. I'm killing poo poo ok, but the class doesn't feel as fluid as the other ones ive played.

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

I don't play BM but can't you get into draw stance from Q/SS/4? From what I understand, you basically dump chi in draw stance with LMB/RMB and go back into normal stance for a few seconds to rebuild chi before doing it again. I don't think draw stance should ever be on cooldown since you have so many ways to get into it.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
Yeah, 4 is on a 45 second cooldown so you don't get to use it that often. Normally you use Q or SS (both on 8s cooldowns) to get into draw stance, but those two are also most of your iframes, so using them judiciously in boss fights is something you gotta learn. E can be used while in draw stance to get out of it, and nominally has a 8 second cooldown which is ignored if you are in draw stance (so if you want tons of iframes, e-q-e will get you there).

In longer fights you pretty much spam LMB/RMB in draw stance to do damage while using 2, 3 and tab to regen some focus (or if blade call is up, use that, it regens a billion focus), flash step back and forth a few times if you want, then press E or 1 (block) to go back to basic stance, hit LMB a few times or block and do a cyclone to get your focus back to full, then Q, 4 or SS to go back to draw stance and repeat. The tricky part is managing to do this while tanking and knowing which attacks to avoid with Q/E and which to block.

Against Junghado, I usually open with running at him and clicking LMB (free stun), 4 (extra damage from the stun), e, f (knockup), v, LMB x2 (air combo), v again, c, q, LMB/RMB spam, then stun or daze him again and follow with SS and five point strike or something.

Blademaster SS is pretty good by the way; short cooldown, iframes last for loving ever and it also buffs your movement speed by 30% for 4 seconds.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Mar 18, 2016

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

Mike believed in the shooting star, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then,but that's no matter. Tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther... and then one fine morning-
So we beat on, subs against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
Anyone getting a weird bug where you can't evolve your weapon? It just spits the mats back into my inventory and nothing happens.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Verbose posted:

Anyone getting a weird bug where you can't evolve your weapon? It just spits the mats back into my inventory and nothing happens.

You have to unequip your weapon to evolve it.

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

Mike believed in the shooting star, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then,but that's no matter. Tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther... and then one fine morning-
So we beat on, subs against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

UchihaHirou posted:

You have to unequip your weapon to evolve it.

I did. I evolved my dagger with no problem.

Oh I misspoke, I was trying to evolve my necklace.

gmrfrlife
Mar 6, 2013
I have grown tired of older game and looking for something new. I am downloading now.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Kuai posted:

destroyer is literally all LMB RMB animation cancelling but do good damage and are really good for grabbing bosses in 50 dungeons

Im having a lot of fun leaping/charging all over the place while kicking, headbutting and powerbombing everything in sight. Probably not the ideal way to play the class but whatever, play to have fun right? :shobon:

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Furnaceface posted:

Im having a lot of fun leaping/charging all over the place while kicking, headbutting and powerbombing everything in sight. Probably not the ideal way to play the class but whatever, play to have fun right? :shobon:

May have to put a little more time into mine then...

In the meantime though, I have a shames cat that smacks things with a hammer, knocks them over, and then shred them with his claws. All while I'm shooting flowers at them from afar.

This game. :3

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
I've still got half of level 44 to go and I'm at the mushin's tower quest with every quest I see aside from two being gray to me. Do I just have to grind at this point to reach max level or is there an area I should be at?

Is the goon guild on jiwan still alive? I only see mushin mentioned, but it looks like there's no server transfer option if that's the case. I kinda doubt I'll like any other class as much as KFM now, though I'm not eager to re-level one right after hitting cap. Is there even much motivation to change over compared to just joining the discord for cross server stuff?

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Do dailies to finish leveling - you can hit the endgame dungeons at level 43 and everything up to bloodshade is easy enough that it's not a big deal. Misty Woods soulstone stuff is locked until 45, but you can also do the noticeboard PvP dailies from like level 40 on. If you're halfway through 44 1-2 rounds of dungeon dailies/Poh 24 should finish you off.

No server transfers as of now. Long-term, the primary motivation to switch to an active server will probably be clan crafting stuff. The limited amount of skimming I've done says you'll need this to unlock some of the final tier skills and such.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009
Mushin still has a few people on most weeknights, can't speak for other servers.

LLeGGo
Nov 6, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5blceLTBxU

Looks like good times. Nice that it's sooner than I thought it would be.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

LLeGGo posted:

What!? Already? Didn't they just have a coming soon announcement a day ago? I guess I'll maybe come back for the expansion, I haven't played the game for weeks since I ran out of stuff to do. These updates are pretty quick.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

LLeGGo posted:

Welp so much for taking time off from work for this, I didn't have any warning!

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Shitttttt I'm still saving gold for upgrading from True Siren to Awakened Pirate. I need 7 moonwater transmutation stones, 21 mustachios, and like 150 soulstones.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Haha I don't think anyone saw this coming. Kind of sucks I didn't get enough time to even get to true siren, but now would be a good time to liquidate what mats I do have saved.

Orabilis
May 6, 2014
Is the level cap going to change anything skillwise, besides just giving us more skill points for the extra levels and hongmoon levels?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Orabilis posted:

Is the level cap going to change anything skillwise, besides just giving us more skill points for the extra levels and hongmoon levels?

Opens up poison sin build I think, and will lead to the 2rf for KFM that can refund focus

Orabilis
May 6, 2014
I just hit 45 for the leveling challenge, too. Upgrading my weapon seems unlikely, so I'll just focus on the most important thing. Farming Obsidian Serpent for my warlock.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

This means stop at True Profane now, right? Does that apply to accessories as well as weapons?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Furnaceface posted:

Saxophone posted:

May have to put a little more time into mine then...

In the meantime though, I have a shames cat that smacks things with a hammer, knocks them over, and then shred them with his claws. All while I'm shooting flowers at them from afar.

This game. :3

Yeah, I just started playing this and can't decide between maining Summoner or Destroyer. Everything else is too much for my lazy rear end. Summoner seems easiest, Destroyer is maybe a little more fun. Also Destroyer doesn't have to look like a small anime child which is extra points in its favor. On the other hand, my cat has a giant cartoon mallet. Hard choices.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Irony.or.Death posted:

This means stop at True Profane now, right? Does that apply to accessories as well as weapons?

If you get to Awakened Siren before the patch hits you save one upgrade step, I think. If you get to Awakened Pirate you save two(?) more. The upgrade mats are probably easier to get and/or cheaper on the Siren/Pirate path too than on the new path that the patch will introduce.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
New Progression Guide posted here: https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/194163-weapon-progression-guide/

nogic
Jul 6, 2002
Why is everyone so mad? What is the difference between the two paths if they merge eventually?

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

The new path is much more expensive compared to the old path in terms of gold, if you have some of the higher level weapons currently, you can shortcut ahead in some parts. Pepople just thought they had more time to farm for the weaps is all. The release schedule is pretty nuts though, feels like they're invalidating content way too fast just to catch up.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Shorting to a mere 2 days notice is a pretty big dick move. I was already racing my Warlock to Awakened Pirate this weekend with the presumption the patch would be next week, I feel very relieved hitting it tonight with some ruthless hustle

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

There was confirmation that you will be able to CHOOSE when you want to split off to the new path, so there's no longer any rush to get pirate by tomorrow. Even if you're on profane right now you can choose to continue along the siren->pirate path and go directly to true breeze, which for now is definitely the cheaper option.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Any guesses at how much of a gap we're looking at between this and Chi Masters releasing? Is there a bunch of content in between in the other versions, or does the 50/silverfrost stuff catch us up on PvE?

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Irony.or.Death posted:

Any guesses at how much of a gap we're looking at between this and Chi Masters releasing? Is there a bunch of content in between in the other versions, or does the 50/silverfrost stuff catch us up on PvE?

We still have a fair amount of 50 content left to go. Actual 24-man raids (not just open-world instances like E. Fleet/Nightshade), 6v6 pvp battleground, tons of dungeons, like 10 more Mushin tower floors, the 100 floor Endless Tower that KR just got. Not to mention like 3 more story acts.

As for when Chi Master/Soul Fighter comes out, I believe in KR they were added in the patch before Endless Tower, in December of last year, so they're fairly recent. There's no guarantee they'll stick to that since they released Warlocks before 50 was even a thing, when originally Warlocks were released alongside the 50 patch.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I'm thinking they are rushing to equivalency so they can have a proper worlds season or something. It'll probably be like 3 months before soul fighter comes out.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

When will maintenance be tomorrow? I got a level 42 I've been trying to rush to 45 for the rewards challenge and I'm thinking it might be a long night. I started a little over a week ago because I didn't notice it until then, so it's been kind of hectic trying to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLeGGo
Nov 6, 2005

Daily dash spins are doubled today with a 30 min cooldown.

• Locked thread