Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

CobiWann posted:

LA Confidential. :colbert:

1996 was also the year of Space Jam!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

drunken officeparty posted:

The biggest thing he's been in other than Sunny in like the last 20 years is being mentioned in Mean Girls

In the last 20 years:

Mars Attacks
L.A. Confidential
Man on the Moon (acting and producing)
Death to Smoochy
Big Fish

Sunny is his biggest thing in the last decade but of course it is. Sunny is also why he's popular with a younger demographic and it's also completely normal for that demographic to think he's never done anything else because it's human nature for one generation to believe they are the first and/or only relevant group to "discover" anything or anybody.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Ok we can all talk about how Devito loves to act or is just trying to stay busy or whatever, but we all know the real reason he sticks around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEFPZWK4ElE

And that was only for Season 3! Who knows the freaky poo poo he's got riding in his current contract.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

PantsBandit posted:

Ok we can all talk about how Devito loves to act or is just trying to stay busy or whatever, but we all know the real reason he sticks around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEFPZWK4ElE

And that was only for Season 3! Who knows the freaky poo poo he's got riding in his current contract.

Weird stuff. Butt stuff.

Or at least that's my guess.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Not the last 20 years but I was always partial to Throw Momma from the Train.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Am I the only one who saw Renaissance man? Because that was his best role hands down.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
I was always partial to Other People's Money in my youth. Devito pretty much rocked any role he was in.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

bobkatt013 posted:

1996 was also the year of Space Jam!!

Yeah I had no idea Dan Aykroyd was in that picture..

Preem Palver
Jul 5, 2007

Burning_Monk posted:

Am I the only one who saw Renaissance man? Because that was his best role hands down.

That movie played on HBO constantly around 2002-04. It's always weird watching the Roxy episode and remembering that Roxy's actress also played his daughter in Renaissance Man.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

bring back old gbs posted:

I just remembered that two of Bill Murray's brothers have been on the show.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

bring back old gbs posted:

He's in Pearl Harbor too! Not many people know that because very few people ever saw it, and even fewer of those actually sat all the way through it.

CobiWann posted:

LA Confidential. :colbert:

Welp, you mentioned its name so now I gotta rewatch LA Confidential.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Mar 16, 2016

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Preem Palver posted:

That movie played on HBO constantly around 2002-04. It's always weird watching the Roxy episode and remembering that Roxy's actress also played his daughter in Renaissance Man.

:h: Roxy. She was a great guest star and it's too bad she got killed off. She would've been the perfect thanksgiving guest.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Shut up, baby dick.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Psycho Pete returns is such a strange episode. It has the gang doing something good/nice, but out of their own selfishness. Them sending him off is one of the nicest things that they have ever done. The only other times that they did anything "good" was Charlie and the box with an H and when he went to the high school prom.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

InfiniteZero posted:

In the last 20 years:

Mars Attacks
L.A. Confidential
Death to Smoochy
Big Fish

Sunny is his biggest thing in the last decade but of course it is. Sunny is also why he's popular with a younger demographic and it's also completely normal for that demographic to think he's never done anything else because it's human nature for one generation to believe they are the first and/or only relevant group to "discover" anything or anybody.

I would guess that most people who think he was irrelevant in the decades before Sunny are pretty young. He was also in Get Shorty and Hercules which was a big movie when it released too, which he also stared in as a voice actor.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

bobkatt013 posted:

Psycho Pete returns is such a strange episode. It has the gang doing something good/nice, but out of their own selfishness. Them sending him off is one of the nicest things that they have ever done. The only other times that they did anything "good" was Charlie and the box with an H and when he went to the high school prom.

Well, there was the time when the gang made Charlie's dreambook a reality AND gave him that sweet new rat stick.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

bobkatt013 posted:

It's a testament to how hosed up the Gang are when we consider them committing an act of greyhound therapy as a "nice" thing.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

bobkatt013 posted:

Let me just pop a quick "H" on this box so we know its full of hornets

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Agronox posted:

:h: Roxy. She was a great guest star and it's too bad she got killed off. She would've been the perfect thanksgiving guest.

I also liked Roxy, and even though I would have liked more of her character her death was the perfect way to end that episode.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Eel hovercraft posted:

Well, there was the time when the gang made Charlie's dreambook a reality AND gave him that sweet new rat stick.

They did not want him to hang with the guys that hang under the bridge.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Oh Hell No posted:

Devito's pretty much in that Bill Murray stage of fame where he has enough money and connections to do whatever he wants.

Except Bill Murray is apparently a cosmic rear end in a top hat and Divito seems like a cool dude.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

InfiniteZero posted:

In the last 20 years:

Mars Attacks
L.A. Confidential
Death to Smoochy
Big Fish

How can you forget Matilda?!?

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

bobkatt013 posted:

They did not want him to hang with the guys that hang under the bridge.

The scene where Dee, Mac, and Dennis visit Duncan's underground luau triphop apartment is one of the most absurd and funny scences I've ever seen anywhere.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

InfiniteZero posted:

In the last 20 years:

Mars Attacks
L.A. Confidential
Death to Smoochy
Big Fish

Most mid/late 20-somethings also would have watched Nick at Nite, which used to air Taxi reruns. That, Batman, and Hercules were my first exposure to him.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Pretty shameful that no one mentioned Cuckoo's Nest yet.

A shameful thread derail.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

ultramiraculous posted:

Except Bill Murray is apparently a cosmic rear end in a top hat and Divito seems like a cool dude.

Well, forty years of being expected to be the funniest guy in the room no matter where you go has got to be pretty draining, in Murray's defense.

Then again, Devito probably gets treated like an actual mythical creature and he seems like he genuinely kind of revels in it.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Pretty shameful that no one mentioned Cuckoo's Nest yet.

The suggestion was that he hadn't done anything in the last 20 years. Cuckoo's Nest is 40+ years ago, but still incredibly great.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Eel hovercraft posted:

The scene where Dee, Mac, and Dennis visit Duncan's underground luau triphop apartment is one of the most absurd and funny scences I've ever seen anywhere.

You pregnant.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Drowning Mona, Heist, the loving Rainmaker... He's been in a lot of poo poo. But still, that 'last 20 years list' is exclusively pre-2003. You have at least 4-5 years of him not being in anything notable, and I would argue that a lot of people didn't watch Season 2 of Sunny as it aired. Maybe my experience is the aberration, but most of my friends started watching in Season 3 after the Dayman song exploded on the internet. That's 4-5 years of basically no exposure to Devito, long enough where the memory might be "oh yeah, that weird dude who was in two movies with Arnold and biologically impossible scenarios."

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

i am the bird posted:

Reminder that Devito's daughter plays a waitress who Frank tries to bang in one of the early seasons.

Devito doesn't have a lot of recognizable things on his filmography post-2003, but dude's been prolific otherwise.

I was just watching The Gang Finds A Dumpster baby and she also appears in that. Mac and Dee run into her on the street and she stops to say how cute DB is.

"I mean who has a better life than child stars?"

edit:

"Look pal. We are well aware of the law. We don't want jam you up here. We just want to put him in there for a couple minutes. Just to get a base."

Ajaxify fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Mar 20, 2016

ricro
Dec 22, 2008

i am the bird posted:

Reminder that Devito's daughter plays a waitress who Frank tries to bang in one of the early seasons.

Devito doesn't have a lot of recognizable things on his filmography post-2003, but dude's been prolific otherwise.

Just another reason he should've endorsed Trump instead -- the only pro-daughter-loving candidate

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

SlipkPIe posted:

Just another reason he should've endorsed Trump instead -- the only pro-daughter-loving candidate

hahah good lord

in my country we just tend to stick candidates looking like pigs and/or piglets. trump is by far the weirdest ive seen so far tho.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Snapchat A Titty posted:

in my country we just tend to stick candidates looking like pigs and/or piglets. trump is by far the weirdest ive seen so far tho.

Best tell them to stay out of the UK then, for their own safety.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I quite liked how this season they put the gang in a lot of different situations dealing with a lot of different people, but then for the last ep took it back to the 5 of them in a room arguing and it was as funny as it has ever been

RoughDraft2.0
Mar 8, 2007

We really like your car, Mrs. LaRusso.
Renewed for seasons 13 and 14:

http://deadline.com/2016/04/its-alway-sunny-in-philadelphia-renewed-season-13-14-fxx-1201729976/

If FXX orders a 15th season down the line, it will become the longest-running live-action sitcom in television history. (Although I'm sure Ozzie and Harriet will always have the largest number of episodes, back when TV was a sausage factory.)

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Tons of network sitcoms over the last 20 years will have had more episodes than Always Sunny because of the short seasons

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

JakeP posted:

Tons of network sitcoms over the last 20 years will have had more episodes than Always Sunny because of the short seasons

Will the Venture Brothers be the longest running show, but with the least amount of episodes?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

bobkatt013 posted:

Will the Venture Brothers be the longest running show, but with the least amount of episodes?

Doesn't count, they measure it by seasons, not by how long it takes to produce.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I'm surprised they want to make more. I hope they get real weird with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

RoughDraft2.0 posted:

Renewed for seasons 13 and 14:

http://deadline.com/2016/04/its-alway-sunny-in-philadelphia-renewed-season-13-14-fxx-1201729976/

If FXX orders a 15th season down the line, it will become the longest-running live-action sitcom in television history. (Although I'm sure Ozzie and Harriet will always have the largest number of episodes, back when TV was a sausage factory.)

Yahoo this is excellent news! Chardee MacDennis 3 and 4... bring it on, jabronis!