Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Donnerberg posted:

Those arms are actually incredibly accurate for Adam West.

Confirmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I actually kinda like how her breasts break the illusion. (oh God I typed that) It kinda adds to the unrealistic feel and keeps it cartoony looking. Where most cosplay is stuck in the real world hers is straight outa comics and you can see just how far it is from reality when she moves. Also her livestreams are pretty incredible.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Yeah, its not really something worth watching all the way through but checking in every hour or so to watch it happening it cool.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

It's amazing to me how much effort she put into this, but didn't bother to try to disguise her spindly twig arms. The end result makes it look like Batman has cerebral palsy.

How exactly do you use body paint to increase physical mass? Put on 300,000 layers?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

rydiafan posted:

How exactly do you use body paint to increase physical mass? Put on 300,000 layers?

I suppose you could eat it?

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

You use bartering to trade the paint for a gym membership.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Lift the paint cans to get swole AF, duh.
Idiots.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

"But I sold your running shoes, to pay for this set of paintbrushes!"

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Inzombiac posted:

Lift the paint cans to get swole AF, duh.
Idiots.

She's already got some nice cans.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Paladinus posted:

She's already got some nice cans.

*groan*

:golfclap:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

rydiafan posted:

The same way you use body paint to make giant boobs disappear? I don't know, I'm not a body paintologist.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Fister Roboto posted:

The same way you use body paint to make giant boobs disappear? I don't know, I'm not a body paintologist.

I suppose the next evolutionary step in 2D body paint art cosplay would be to pose against a backdrop painted to blend seamlessly with your body paint...

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Gabriel Pope posted:

I suppose the next evolutionary step in 2D body paint art cosplay would be to pose against a backdrop painted to blend seamlessly with your body paint...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enB-g028zbM

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

It's probably some twee filter but this looks like a photo you'd find on the crusty carpet of an abandoned home from the 70's. Yellowed linoleum, a hole sawed into the drywall covered by a cheap velvet painting, and...that.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
That looks freaking terrifying. Like its something that just starts getting closer and closer every time you look at the picture.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

What is wrong with that game and the people who like it No I do not want those flowers oh no I am so uncomfortable right now

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Digirat posted:

What is wrong with that game and the people who like it No I do not want those flowers oh no I am so uncomfortable right now

The game itself is actually fun with a pretty inventive storyline and interesting replay mechanic. The characters, story, music and atmosphere of the game is all very well done. The mechanics and interesting spin on typical Jrpg conventions helps with that.

The problem is that it attracts the same high school age kids that would have been attracted to Homestuck a few years ago. Some of the humor of the game is almost perfectly designed to attract those sorts of people like moths to a flame. I still really like the game and think people should try it out, but I do agree, the fanbase can be a bit twee and distrubing at times.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Madmarker posted:

The problem is that it attracts the same high school age kids that would have been attracted to Homestuck a few years ago. Some of the humor of the game is almost perfectly designed to attract those sorts of people like moths to a flame. I still really like the game and think people should try it out, but I do agree, the fanbase can be a bit twee and distrubing at times.

Toby Fox, the developer/writer/composer, previously made music for Homestuck. The same adage probably applies (to one extent or another) that the thing is cool, but the fans are awful.

Forti
May 5, 2009

Madmarker posted:

The game itself is actually fun with a pretty inventive storyline and interesting replay mechanic. The characters, story, music and atmosphere of the game is all very well done. The mechanics and interesting spin on typical Jrpg conventions helps with that.

Oh my god just loving shut up LITERALLY nobody cares

didn't use bodypaint 0/10

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Forti posted:

I don't know about that. You obviously care enough to angrypost twice about it.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

That's good.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Madmarker posted:

Hremsfeld posted:

Toby Fox, the developer/writer/composer, previously made music for Homestuck. The same adage probably applies (to one extent or another) that the thing is cool, but the fans are awful.

I measure fandom quality by how many riots they've caused. So I think Undertale's doing pretty good compared to football, American football, handball, baseball, and hockey fans.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

RareAcumen posted:

I measure fandom quality by how many riots they've caused. So I think Undertale's doing pretty good compared to football, American football, handball, baseball, and hockey fans.

I'm sure there's a Sasuke arrest collage out there somewhere

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hinata :swoon:
I loved her family bloodline powers or whatever they were called.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Inzombiac posted:

Hinata :swoon:
I loved her family bloodline powers or whatever they were called.

Glaucoma

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

RareAcumen posted:

I would go by "how many hotel rooms they have destroyed" for this kind of thing. Homestuck is leading the charge on that front.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The Repo Man posted:

I would go by "how many hotel rooms they have destroyed" for this kind of thing. Homestuck is leading the charge on that front.

I had to quote you to make sure 'furries' wasn't getting filtered into something else. So I guess this makes furries not the worst thing ever beyond Freepers, Neo Nazis, and MRAs?

Skipopatomus
Aug 30, 2007

Ozzy Osbourne simply duplicated the event.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Forti posted:

didn't use bodypaint 0/10

a good post

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

RareAcumen posted:

I had to quote you to make sure 'furries' wasn't getting filtered into something else. So I guess this makes furries not the worst thing ever beyond Freepers, Neo Nazis, and MRAs?

Furries are just weird and uncomfortable to be around. Homestuck people actually destroy rooms because their makeup would clog drains and destroy furniture. The bulk of the fandom was also very young people who were dropped off at the hotels by their parents, and the kids just kind of wrecked up the place without any kind of supervision. I've also almost had a costume destroyed because early in the fandom they would just act in character without regards to personal boundaries.

Anyway, cosplay.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

That's well-done, but who in the world remembered and liked Pat well enough to cosplay them?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The Repo Man posted:

Anyway, cosplay.

Me!Me!Me!, no idea, Robert Cop, Robert the Edgecop

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

RareAcumen posted:

Robert Cop

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
That ME ME ME video is the gift that just keeps on giving. No matter how blatantly anti-otaku it was, people still make fan art of it and otherwise obsess over it, thus reaffirming the message of the original (not that it necessarily applies to the pictured cosplayer), or they're "parodying" it "ironically", which is even funnier.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I'd never heard of ME! ME! ME! :nws: before so I went and googled it, you fuckers could have at least warned me. :mad:

Mezzanine posted:

That ME ME ME video is the gift that just keeps on giving. No matter how blatantly anti-otaku it was, people still make fan art of it and otherwise obsess over it, thus reaffirming the message of the original (not that it necessarily applies to the pictured cosplayer), or they're "parodying" it "ironically", which is even funnier.

Checks out, there's a whole bunch of youtube dance videos with zero irony in any of them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MpGoGonP5A

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 11:58 on Mar 17, 2016

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

RareAcumen posted:

Me!Me!Me!, no idea, Robert Cop, Robert the Edgecop

As always, if you don't recognize it, it's probably from League of Legends. 2nd one's Diana

That reminds me, has anyone ever cosplayed the shifty Robert Cop toy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I'd never heard of ME! ME! ME! :nws: before so I went and googled it, you fuckers could have at least warned me. :mad:

Relax, that link doesn't even exist.

Regardless, oops. I'll be sure to warn whenever anything is NSFW in the future. I dropped the ball here.

Moatman posted:

As always, if you don't recognize it, it's probably from League of Legends. 2nd one's Diana

She looks like she's from some series of Power Rangers.

• Locked thread