Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Maggot Soup posted:

Edit: Where is the treasure trove in Foggy Bank exactly?

http://grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Foggy_Bank

It's in that first cavern north-east of the rift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maggot Soup
Aug 18, 2005

Thanks. I've seen on the Grim Dawn forums that it's dropping stuff like crazy, so I'm going to just stock up until it gets nerfed, and I can figure out how to get my battlemage back to his normal-self.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

So as a Demolitionist the best thing to do is just mainline those points straight into class for Brimstone right? Cause that's what I did and boy, maxed out points in the actual class obviously, 6 in Fire Strike, 6 in Explosive Strike, 1 in Static Strike and 6 in Brimstone so far. Pretty much everyone and everything just gets ruthlessly blown to pieces by my dual pistols in no time, including higher level than me bosses and whatever else I stumble into. Past maxing my auto line there in Demolitionist, about all I'm going for otherwise is dumping points into Nightblade for those rad passives some around halfway into it.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Mar 16, 2016

Cloudchaos
Jan 18, 2004

Broken Cog posted:

So I tried starting a summoner build, but it's impossible for the pets to keep aggro. Bosses and elite monsters go after me immediately after I cast one curse or grasping vines, and it seems really hard for the melee pets to actually hit a moving target.
Is there something I'm missing here?

I started a Conjurer (42) as my first alt and he just passed my original Commando (43) in story progress last night. What has worked for me is setting the pets to aggressive (right click their portrait for the menu) and then set pet attack to RMB. If you order them to a spot instead of to attack a specific monster (basically giving them an attack-move command as opposed to an attack command) and then give them a second or two before casting GV it should solve most of your aggro issues as long as you don't get proximity aggro before they get in there. Mine still have a hard time hitting a moving target.

Here are some other tips:
  • Try to limit the number of commands you give pets once they're fighting, I find they do better on their own than me trying to reposition them or tell them what to attack (with the exception of things that spawn other things or big dudes that are coming right for you).
  • When covering large distances you can get them out in front of you then just hold LMB and just click RMB every second/few seconds to keep them out there.
  • Learn to use the terrain to your advantage. Fighting in dungeons in particular is far easier than out in the open world and most of the time I don't even bother waiting to drop GV or CoF because I know poo poo isn't going to be able to squeeze through the door to chase me.
  • Following up on the terrain tip, don't be afraid to resummon pets to get them back between you and mobs. If you're using the hellhound this has the added benefit of the explosion on death.
  • I made a beeline for devotions that gave my summons AoE damage as I felt that was where they were really lacking. I started off with Shepherd's Crook and then went straight to Akeron's Scorpion and stuck Scorpion Sting on my Briarthorn buddy, I feel like it helped a lot with big packs.

On a related note, if anyone has an extra Black Grimoire of Og'Napesh I could trade for that would be amazing. I still haven't found one and that extra pet would really help.

Cloudchaos fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Mar 16, 2016

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

seravid posted:

Goddamn, just did a few of these Treasure Trove runs and 1) it's basically a one-minute 'dynamite to rare materials' conversion with a chance for 2) I know this is just the RNG loving with me, but I got two legendaries - not from the chest but from the boss - and one of them is a piece of the loving Ultos set.

That thing is getting hotfixed ASAP.

I did three runs and got nothing but yellows from the Trove, and a couple greens from the boss's. Does this new chance to drop stuff only work in Ultimate? I'm in Elite at level 69.

Also, at level 69 in Elite I was already having survival issues with about 8100 hp.. now I have 7450.. /sigh...

On the other hand, I got 5 dynamite in a single Cronley's run.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Yardbomb posted:

So as a Demolitionist the best thing to do is just mainline those points straight into class for Brimstone right?

Brimstone is great, yeah. I assume you're on Normal? Later difficulties you'll want to expand your skill set, but for now, sure, go hog wild.

The Locator posted:

I did three runs and got nothing but yellows from the Trove, and a couple greens from the boss's. Does this new chance to drop stuff only work in Ultimate? I'm in Elite at level 69.

Also, at level 69 in Elite I was already having survival issues with about 8100 hp.. now I have 7450.. /sigh...

On the other hand, I got 5 dynamite in a single Cronley's run.

I suppose it works on both difficulties, but Ultimate should have a greater chance of giving legendaries.

I know I keep ranting about Ultimate, but so far all three of my characters who got there were godlike on Elite (which is part of the problem, I think. Bad habits). The latest one, the Gun Sorcerer, only died 4 times and they were mostly dumb, avoidable decisions. What's your class?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Druid, melee based lightning caster - empowered lightning nova, storm totem, Wendigo totem, Olexra's Flash Freeze for crowd control and MoE for mitigation.

I run these toggles - IEE, Maiven's, Mogdrogen's Pact, Stormcallers, and one other from items that I can't remember, more lightning.

Keep in mind that I'm not really very good at playing games, even though I enjoy them quite a lot, so any failures may be behind the keyboard. :v:

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Got my Witchblade to 50 last night and was finally able to equip my Stonefist Rebuke. Holy poo poo ... Rebuke(the skill) was oneshotting heroes in BoC (veteran) :o

Really loving the Witchblade, gone to the occultist side to pickup Blood of Dreeg(+Guardian), Witchfire and Curse of Frailty(-%phys resist!), then just the standard 2H BladeArc stuff on the soldier side.

Will probably switch to a 1H+Shield build later but having lots of fun for now.

Need to rework my devotions cause i want to grab Rowan's Scepter.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

The Locator posted:

Druid, melee based lightning caster - empowered lightning nova, storm totem, Wendigo totem, Olexra's Flash Freeze for crowd control and MoE for mitigation.

I run these toggles - IEE, Maiven's, Mogdrogen's Pact, Stormcallers, and one other from items that I can't remember, more lightning.

Keep in mind that I'm not really very good at playing games, even though I enjoy them quite a lot, so any failures may be behind the keyboard. :v:

That's odd. Melee caster is out of my wheelhouse, but maxed Wendigo totem, Maiven's and Flash freeze should make you pretty much immortal on Elite.

Cashed the 16 dynamite on my Sorcerer. Got about a dozen legendaries, recipes for mythical relics and other goodies like Shard of Beronath. Two legendaries of note: the Ultos shoulder piece and a second Exterminus :allears:
Devs confirmed this is getting fixed. Get your loot on while you still can...

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

Cloudchaos posted:

Mine still have a hard time hitting a moving target.
Max Manipulation ASAP. Actually, overcap Manipulation as high as you can, then stack as much pet total speed/attack speed as possible. Pet animations will be holding you back until roughly +60% attack speed and a decent chunk of run speed. Once you get there, pets will really shine with AOE devotions; I agree with Scorpion Sting on Briarthorn in almost all cases, while Flame Torrent is practically built for the Hellhound. Guardian's Gaze is also fantastic on the fast-attacking pets, and while the Familiar's too weak to be a core pet (IMO), it makes a nice platform for Elemental Storm.

The Locator posted:

Drop OFF for 1/12/1 in Wind Devil if you can. OFF is solid CC, but Wind Devil offers the flexibility to kite from around corners, resist reduction to keep your damage solid, soft CC from the Slow/Impaired Aim, and one of the best devotion proc platforms around. OFF is really more for a Fire-based caster, and it sucks not being able to put a proc on it.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"
I actually like the changes they made in the patch regarding armor. Obelisk of Menhir was OP, and now you get armor by actually wearing armor.

Caster armor received more of a buff proportionally, which is something that was helpful.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

BTW, Dahbadu, I made an updated Gun Sorcerer gif a couple days ago that better represents the (sort of) endgame build. It's more grimdark than the original, so it might not be a good replacement. Up to you.

https://giant.gfycat.com/ReadyConsiderateArgali.webm

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Caffeine IV posted:

Drop OFF for 1/12/1 in Wind Devil if you can. OFF is solid CC, but Wind Devil offers the flexibility to kite from around corners, resist reduction to keep your damage solid, soft CC from the Slow/Impaired Aim, and one of the best devotion proc platforms around. OFF is really more for a Fire-based caster, and it sucks not being able to put a proc on it.

I forgot to include Wind Devil in my post, it's at 1/12/12 if I remember correctly. OFF is the most recent addition, the build I was following used Trozan's Sky Shard, and I really didn't like the way it was working for me (although I'll need a fair number of more levels before it would be maxed out properly) so I was trying OFF as an experiment. It works great for large packs of trash that would potentially overwhelm me with damage early in a fight (especially ranged dudes) and it's only around 8/12 so far I think.

The Locator fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Mar 16, 2016

Cloudchaos
Jan 18, 2004

Caffeine IV posted:

Max Manipulation ASAP. Actually, overcap Manipulation as high as you can, then stack as much pet total speed/attack speed as possible. Pet animations will be holding you back until roughly +60% attack speed and a decent chunk of run speed. Once you get there, pets will really shine with AOE devotions; I agree with Scorpion Sting on Briarthorn in almost all cases, while Flame Torrent is practically built for the Hellhound. Guardian's Gaze is also fantastic on the fast-attacking pets, and while the Familiar's too weak to be a core pet (IMO), it makes a nice platform for Elemental Storm.

I've got it maxed and it definitely helps. I think I've got some Total Speed % somewhere else on my gear but I'll keep the 60% in mind, thanks for the tip.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

seravid posted:

BTW, Dahbadu, I made an updated Gun Sorcerer gif a couple days ago that better represents the (sort of) endgame build. It's more grimdark than the original, so it might not be a good replacement. Up to you.

https://giant.gfycat.com/ReadyConsiderateArgali.webm

It looks great, and your gun mage seems like a baller. Thanks again for posting these. I'm gonna use the original for now because it's more colorful, and I want to showcase the environments.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Gammon posted:

Has anyone tried the Conflagration relic? I want to chuck it on my gunslinger but I currently rely on the early relic that allows pistol dual wielding and until I get an empowered marauders belt or gunslinger coat, I will only be able to dream of being a walking flamethrower.

This has gotten a lot of responses already, but I recently built a character specifically to use this ability. I've gotten through Elite so far, and it has easily been my most powerful character.

First, it is not a good multipurpose spell. It costs a lot of mana as other people have mentioned and is overkill against trash. I combined it with Greater Fireblast, from Flintcore Bolts and Blackwater Cocktail with the + cooldown augment.

Since you are dealing fire damage, you'll want to use the relic, so conflagration is pretty much free. What you get is a single target beam that deals four times the dps of greater fireblast. Yes, you can't hold it down indefinitely, but my mana easily lasts until non-act bosses are dead.

Throw down a cocktail (w/ Witchblade devotion) and spam fireblast until the elemental storm devotion triggers. Switch to conflagration and champions will melt. Since fireblast is so burn damage heavy, you'll get 4-5 seconds of insane dps.

The great thing about this combo is not having to spend much on an offensive spell. Blackwater cocktail takes all of 25 points. Everything else can be spent on passives and mastery.

Oh, the build absolutely needs blast shield. When blast shield triggers it gives you a constantly refreshing damage absorb shield. Usually damage absorb sucks, because they are applied before armor or resistances and drop after a single hit, but this one is constantly refreshed for the duration. It'll apply to every single hit over the course of four seconds. With enough points you'll be immune to all damage which gives you enough time to channel conflagration.

Since fireblast is so burn heavy it works better with kiting while blast shield is on cooldown.

The build is also really easy to level. Focusing entirely on mastery until you get 50 points in arcanist (and relying on fireblast) gives you an obscene crit rate / base damage / defense compared to everything you go up against in normal. I backfilled Reckless Power and Inner Focus before rushing up Demolitionist for BWC / Agonizing Flames / Blast Shield, but you could probably go for Demolitionist first, I had more offense than I probably needed.

TLDR: Conflagration can perform a useful role in a build, but you can't rely on it to do all the work. I like it as part of a build that doesn't invest many points in offensive spells.

Edit:

:eyepop: I've avoided putting points into flash freeze / flash bang because nothing lives long enough for the CC to matter, but I'm really, really looking forward to using them ultimate.

Edit: I wish the visual effect on BWC reflected the actual area.

Does Flash Freeze's -100% fire resist last the full 4.5 seconds or only as long as the freeze effect?

Edit2: Internet seems to imply the -resist only lasts for as long as the freeze effect, oh well.

KPC_Mammon fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Mar 16, 2016

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me
^^^^ - thanks, sounds like a useful way to make use of it. I would guess you really need the devotions that improve fire and burn damage to keep it relevant? I was kind of hoping it was like a pure fire damage AAR, but it still sounds fun.

I also figured out that yes, the Tempest devotion proc was making me poo poo lightning everywhere. Even though its bound to Savagery it seemed to trigger off any crit and after that its just bolts from the sky everywhere as you become a walking thunderstorm. Very cool.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Ouch, those are a TON of nerfs that make the characters I was already struggling with that much harder.

I was playing around with making a cold element melee guy and had settled on Spellbreaker (NB+Arcanist), but he was already super squishy as it was and with the huge nerfs to health/resist devotions I probably won't even bother now.

Pretty much all this patch did in that regard was make Shaman and Solider even more imba than they already were.

The only saving grace I can see is they said they reduced monster damage on Elite/Ultimate. How much did they reduce it by? I haven't played around with it yet. I'm assuming not nearly enough to make up for all the nerfs, but you never know I guess?

The Rokstar fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Mar 16, 2016

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

seravid posted:

Cashed the 16 dynamite on my Sorcerer. Got about a dozen legendaries, recipes for mythical relics and other goodies like Shard of Beronath. Two legendaries of note: the Ultos shoulder piece and a second Exterminus :allears:
Devs confirmed this is getting fixed. Get your loot on while you still can...

Your drop rate is insanely better than mine. I made 8 runs and got a single legendary, which was a marginal (maybe) upgrade to my green breastplate (+off type damage and armor along with a minor damage aura (because it is the wrong type), -health & regen).

I did get a bunch of (completely useless to this character) recipes and ancient hearts.

E: Did another Cronley's run and got 4 dynamite, so at least dynamite is a little easier to come by.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

I know getting a party can be kinda a pain, but if you're struggling, it really is a fun way to play. It won't be as deadly and you'll get more loot. Feel free to group with people within 5-10 levels of you. For example, if you're beating your head against the wall on Ultimate, group up with other goons. Before you know it'll, you'll get a ton of upgrades and your character will be tricked out. Once your character is tricked out more, feel free to solo Ultimate to your heart's content.

And again, don't feel pressured to use a mic. You can simply just type in-game and in Discord.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Dahbadu posted:

It looks great, and your gun mage seems like a baller. Thanks again for posting these. I'm gonna use the original for now because it's more colorful, and I want to showcase the environments.

He's definitely a baller, especially since I crafted Ulzuin's Pyroclasm. It procs a lot (it's those three blue/orange streams) and it has the most badass sound effect.
Just wish the guy would dual wield more often. Like, all the time, instead of the measly 12% from Marauder's belt.

I'll try to make a good clip in the same area as soon as I get there. Should make for an interesting comparison.

I'm constantly spamming Flashbang; that confusion (and Searing Light) is gold.
Flash freeze not lasting all that long isn't that bad considering all the other -resists I got going, but that would mean heroes and bosses don't suffer any effect from it, which would suck.

The Locator posted:

Your drop rate is insanely better than mine.
Hey, I was due for some RNG love :colbert:
You can always use those hearts to roll the dice on Tyrant's Hold new blacksmith. Or craft an advanced relic.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Not doing the treasure trove thingie but 2 deviltongue just dropped for me within 30 mins of each other (on Elite too).

Uh, i think the game is telling me something :derp:

EDIT: and now a Nightreach . Hmmm..2h WitchHunter? Focus on shadowstrike line, burst+dance, veil of shadow + chill, witchfire, cof+vulnerability and blood+guardian? This doesn't seem bad.

madstrike fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Mar 17, 2016

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Buildchat time. Anyone want to contribute to my Druid build? Here's where I'm heading - http://grimcalc.com/build/YwZ9Nt

Basically just starting to put points into Mirror and Maiven's. Not sure where to go after that. I was hoping to play it like a badass 2-hander swinging Norseman that uses regen / lifesteal for tanking. Wendigo / Blood Pact seem interesting, but not sure what to do after that. And if I go that route, I wouldn't have enough points for Stormcaller's Pact, assuming that is worth it for this build...

Nothing else in Arcanist seems super attractive either.

Any thoughts?

Erz
Sep 9, 2004
I farmed like 50 treasure troves and ended up with 11 legendary, 18 epics and a lot of blueprints and of course rare crafting mats. I guess I'll stop now cause its pretty boring and dumb. I can probably go craft like 5 more legendaries with the mats I got also.

I got this and the blueprint for this so I'm strongly considering making a 2h cold build lol. The sword has +skills for shaman but they don't really have any cold skills so I'm not sure what to pick along with Nightblade, either shaman or arcanist I guess. Shaman does have some nice passives and wendigo totem so idk.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Shoot I didn't get to farm the Treasure Troves before they put out a hotfix. Hotfix also includes many other changes including enemy nerfs.

Erz
Sep 9, 2004
Hmm maybe I should farm more troves before I quit the game and patch :)

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

So maybe the glitch was only on Ultimate? I really didn't see what I thought was a game breaking drop rate of legendaries in Elite. I did 3 full runs of all 3 mines for the dynamite, killing all those bosses, and 24 runs of the Foggy cave, where I cleared it each time because it has a fairly good number of bosses possible and I'm still leveling, so killing stuff in general is good.

I got a fair number of recipes, which I guess is good but they are all useless for my druid. I got a fair number of useless blues, and 4 legendaries. One of which was an upgrade in some ways, and a downgrade in others... so call it a side grade.

For 'scale', I started this less than half way through level 69, and I ended about 3/4 of the way through 70. So in 1.5 levels of killing stuff, including plenty of bosses, I got 4 legendaries, and only 1 was from the trove itself. How is that broken?

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Stupid game froze going back to the main menu and now the magical chests are gone :qq:

16 legendaries and a bunch of epics and blueprints. Guess I'll go spend all those rare materials on the blacksmith now, I'm still missing pretty much all of the gear I was really looking for.

Internet Explorer posted:

Buildchat time.

Got 1k health regen on my Witch Hunter and it doesn't cut it at all on Ultimate. Got to hit and run (which makes sense for a poison-based assassin, I suppose), or I die in three seconds.
Lifesteal would probably work better (most builds on the official forums seem to use double lifegiver rings), but it's much harder to get up to a decent percentage.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Is there a link for the build for the gun mage?

Erz
Sep 9, 2004

seravid posted:

Got 1k health regen on my Witch Hunter and it doesn't cut it at all on Ultimate. Got to hit and run (which makes sense for a poison-based assassin, I suppose), or I die in three seconds.
Lifesteal would probably work better (most builds on the official forums seem to use double lifegiver rings), but it's much harder to get up to a decent percentage.

My Witch Hunter has 37% life steal so I'm good as long as I'm hitting something. I use a Haunted Steel for an extra 30% when I really want to tank something tough. Main item you need is Crimson Spike, it gives 25% total if you keep the buff up (I macro it cause I'm lazy).

The issue with lifesteal is getting frozen or stunned etc.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

Internet Explorer posted:

Buildchat time. Anyone want to contribute to my Druid build? Here's where I'm heading - http://grimcalc.com/build/YwZ9Nt

Basically just starting to put points into Mirror and Maiven's. Not sure where to go after that. I was hoping to play it like a badass 2-hander swinging Norseman that uses regen / lifesteal for tanking. Wendigo / Blood Pact seem interesting, but not sure what to do after that. And if I go that route, I wouldn't have enough points for Stormcaller's Pact, assuming that is worth it for this build...

Nothing else in Arcanist seems super attractive either.

Any thoughts?

You've got a lot of points in low value stuff, or at least, past the value breakpoints. I'd drop Brute Force, Mirror of Ereoctes, and Mogdrogen's Pact down to 1/12 each, and Iskandra's Elemental Exchange down to 7/12. That gives back 36 points; put 9 points into Heart of the Wild (and hit max with +skills gear eventually), 3 in Might of the Bear, 12 in Torrent, Wind Devil and Reckless Tempest to 1/4 (with 5 points in Shaman to get there), and cap it off with 1-point wonders in Arcane Will and Wendigo Totem.

Basically, killing poo poo is what 2h Druids do well. Brute Force doesn't kill poo poo, because piddly Lightning damage and a small %Physical damage boost doesn't remotely compare to Torrent's gently caress-you %weapon damage + Lightning chain. Druids do have good regen potential, but you want a hefty health buffer to keep spike damage down while regen does its work. Might of the Bear is unique in being one of the few things to multiply your total damage, after all other mods; it's a free 1.1x damage for 3 points (with rare physical resist, too). Wind Devil just makes everything better.

Definitely do go for Stormcaller's Pact, though. ~50% crit damage is basically impossible for any other builds to hit without major sacrifices, and here come Shamans who get it off of one skill. Arcanist doesn't really have much left in it; I'd grab Nullification for sure to strip buffs off bosses, and at most, maybe a few points into Elemental Balance.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

A new patch is out, bunch of dmg stuff got buffed.

quote:

[Game]
Elite and Ultimate difficulties: reduced enemy damage, reduced enemy attribute bonuses, moderately reduced damage resist bonuses, more significantly reduced resists to CCs, slight reduction to OA bonus, moderate reduction to enemy armor and absorb, small increase to enemy life.
Fixed an issue that could cause Nemesis bosses not to spawn
Fixed an issue with Achievements for achieving Revered status not unlocking
[Itemization]
Fixed an issue with Item requirements on Epic/Legendary weapons having increased or become missing in v1.0.0.2
Treasure Troves with static spawn locations have been removed, or made to spawn more randomly
Treasure Troves now have a very high chance of dropping a rare crafting material, scaling with difficulty

[Class & Skills]

Devotion
Increased % Damage values on all Constellations, ranging from a 50-100% increase, with the largest increase on Tier 3 Constellations.
Slightly increased damage scaling with rank on Tier 2 and Tier 3 Celestial Powers, with the Tier 3 powers receiving a larger boost.
Abomination: increased Health to 300
Affliction: added 10% Poison Resist
Amatok, Spirit of Winter: replaced flat Health with 3% Health
Assassin: added 8% Bleed Resist, 8% Poison Resist and 6 Pierce damage
Berserker: added 3% Damage Converted to Health
Candle: added 1.5 Energy Regen
Dire Bear: increased % Health to 5%
Dying God: increased Offensive Ability to 40
Eel: added 10 Defensive Ability
Fox: added 8% Bleed Resist
Gallows: increased % Vitality Resist to 10%
Ghoul: increased % Damage Converted to Health to 4%
Harpy: added 10% Bleed Resist
Hound: added 4% Armor
Huntress: added 8% Pierce Resist
Jackal: increased Offensive Ability to 12
Kraken: increased % Attack Speed to 20%
Leviathan: increased % Pierce Resist to 20%
Lizard: added 50 Health
Magi: added 8% Elemental Resist
Manticore: added 4% health and 8 Poison damage / 5s
Oleron: added 10% Bleed Resist
Owl: added 8% Elemental Resist
Raven: added 1 Energy Regen
Revenant: replaced flat Health with 3% Health
Rhowan's Crown: added 8% Chaos Resist
Shepherd's Crook: increased Health to 80
Spear of the Heavens: increased Offensive Ability to 40
Solael's Witchblade: added 15% Fire Resist
Ulzuin's Torch: increased Offensive Ability to 20
Wendigo: increased % Health to 5%
Widow: added 8% Vitality Resist, reduced Offensive Ability by 10
Mark of the Wendigo: reverted addition of cooldown

Occultist

Doombolt: Cooldown reduced to 8s, Radius increased to 2.5

Shaman

Mogdrogen's Pact: Energy Reserved rebalanced across the base skill and its modifiers

Sheperd's crook seems to have a code typo and is giving 40% hp!

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

madstrike posted:

A new patch is out, bunch of dmg stuff got buffed.

Sheperd's crook seems to have a code typo and is giving 40% hp!

Yeah take advantage of Shepherd's Crook while you can because I imagine that's going to get patched IMMEDIATELY.

I still haven't played around with this game at all since yesterday but apparently this second patch fixes a ton of the issues the first patch had, which is pretty nice. If I can finally switch out of 100% defensive devotions and not get immediately curbstomped on anything past act 2 veteran that's a plus as far as I'm concerned.

e: Finally fired up the game and the Shepherd's Crook thing has already been fixed, in fact. It's showing as +40 instead of +40% now.

The Rokstar fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Mar 17, 2016

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Buff to offensive devotions is welcome, my lightning Warder gained close to 3k dps (doing 1200% lightning damage now). Oh, and he went shopping for legendaries and got this BiS leg armor for his Sorcerer BFF. What a swell guy.

Erz posted:

My Witch Hunter has 37% life steal so I'm good as long as I'm hitting something. I use a Haunted Steel for an extra 30% when I really want to tank something tough. Main item you need is Crimson Spike, it gives 25% total if you keep the buff up (I macro it cause I'm lazy).

The issue with lifesteal is getting frozen or stunned etc.

Uh, I think I have that sword, but the -120 active health per second made me put it away instantly. Should probably revisit it.

I can confirm Haunted steel works great (on a ranged build, at least).

Reason posted:

Is there a link for the build for the gun mage?

My current build at lvl 76 (including bonuses) : http://grimcalc.com/build/IQ3FjU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

seravid posted:

My current build at lvl 76 (including bonuses) : http://grimcalc.com/build/IQ3FjU

Thank you!

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Just hopped on my Saboteur to see how bad it was gonna be. My health went down from ~10k to 8800, but aside from that it's been nothing but upside. Nothing is really putting me in any kind of danger, and either monster health has been lowered significantly or my damage is way better now but my clear speed has gone up SUBSTANTIALLY. I haven't even messed around with any of the things that would boost it yet.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

madstrike posted:

Doombolt: Cooldown reduced to 8s, Radius increased to 2.5

Yessss! This is my doombolt dude's time to shine.

Old, squishy iteration from before i got to ultimate: https://gfycat.com/FlashyRemoteAzurevase

Mizaq
Sep 12, 2001

Monkey Magic
Toilet Rascal

seravid posted:

http://grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Foggy_Bank

It's in that first cavern north-east of the rift.

Did they already patch this? I don't see any explodable troves in that cave.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Update on my Saboteur - I changed all my devotions up so that the only real defensive devotion I have now is Behemoth. HP is 7700-ish, which would have been outright suicide before this patch, but I'm still actually not dying unless I get careless. I seem just a hair too squishy for SoT/BoC, but considering just how glass cannon I've made this guy suddenly I probably just need to find a better balance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008

Mizaq posted:

Did they already patch this? I don't see any explodable troves in that cave.

The link shows the wrong area. The trove is actually in the last cavern before the flodded passage, in the region you found the merchant guy in. It's the slith cave with the boss that has ice powers. NOT the slith cave with the devotion shrine!

So, if the hotfix is in, sorry you missed out from bad intel :shrug:

Psykmoe fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Mar 17, 2016